Eureka Academy: First Semester [SU/OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping to to mention.. My computer has been on the fritz lately. Combined with graduating in less than a month, I've had little time for RP (Not that I can post anything right now anyway, as both players in my mission have disappeared. >.> Just explaining why I haven't been around in the OOC either.) So, if my computer becomes absolutely unusable soon, I may be even less available. I would continue to post using Squee's computer, but I probably wouldn't be around much to chat in this thread! (So, don't assume I'm inactive if I go away for a bit and it's still not my turn in the Roleplay. I most likely just won't want to take the computer away from Squee just to assure you that I'm still here).

lol, 'both' players?

Okay, I'm really sorry! I meant to post yesterday, but my dad got on to do work and I had to go to bed before he got off and I just was able to ge on because i was at a vocal competition until four hours ago and I was forced away from my house. So so so sorry for the delay, I'll be bosting soon.

Umm... @Squee Do you think it would be possible for you to maybe post at least something in reply to your question for masami? I can really only give one or two sentances at best with what I have... If not, I'll keep thinkin

Eh I'll work something out in the morning

It's small, but it's all I could think of him doing...

What I mean by "both" players is that It had been a while before Orin or Marco had posted. I just didn't want you all to think I was inactive, 'cause I've just been waiting for my turn (and handling other issues mentioned previously).

lol, Squee, i had planned to have bobby collect the notebook first and then answer rever's questions. Being a golem, he prioritizes commands from his team leader before answering personal inquiries from his teammates

I understood that, but Rever didn't. Staying in character is important!

@Buio Figured I'd just answer your message here.

I realize the messages were sent out early morning. I wasn't trying to say that it was approaching sunset, I was saying that it was past noon, and therefore a shadow had been cast. Seems reasonable to me that the message had been sent out in the morning, and we assembled, found a goblin, followed it, and spent some time looking for it, and by that time the sun was no longer directly overhead.

It was also a method for me to give the story a sense of time elapse, since our mission (to me) seems to be standing fairly still. By that I mean, hardly any action has taken place outside of my own posts. I'm not really aware of the typical speed of a roleplay, but to me it has felt like nothing has really happened in the mission itself, other then the action I have done with goblins. I feel as though I have very little to react to, and have to move the story along myself. Which, to be honest, I'm not very comfortable with, since I am new to roleplaying and could benefit from starting as a follower, and seeing how it is all done first. I'm also uncomfortable with it because, even if I, personally, were comfortable with the roleplay genre, my character is new to the school, and very hesitant, so it would not fit her personality to take the lead right now.

Essentially, that part of the post was me being like "So, uh, time is passing, can you do something now?"

Furthermore, we also haven't set up exactly how fast Eureka rotates on its axis, so we do not know how long a day is. It is quite possible that days are shorter and it is, in fact, sunset.

Actually it's roughly an hour after noon.

Gavin, not sure if you know the context of my last post. He had posted to my profile "figured i'd let you know. the mission alerts were sent out towards the beginning of the day. it is impossible for us to already be approaching sunset."

So, yeah, not trying to say that it is sunset. Especially because in my in-character post, I specifically said it wasn't sunset. Just trying to say that since from what I've heard we haven't set up the length of days, so claiming it was "impossible" for us to have gotten that far was a bit of a stretch.

Okay... posted up... Not proud with Masami's post but... I din't know what else to do

@Buio Figured I'd just answer your message here.

I realize the messages were sent out early morning. I wasn't trying to say that it was approaching sunset, I was saying that it was past noon, and therefore a shadow had been cast. Seems reasonable to me that the message had been sent out in the morning, and we assembled, found a goblin, followed it, and spent some time looking for it, and by that time the sun was no longer directly overhead.

It was also a method for me to give the story a sense of time elapse, since our mission (to me) seems to be standing fairly still. By that I mean, hardly any action has taken place outside of my own posts. I'm not really aware of the typical speed of a roleplay, but to me it has felt like nothing has really happened in the mission itself, other then the action I have done with goblins. I feel as though I have very little to react to, and have to move the story along myself. Which, to be honest, I'm not very comfortable with, since I am new to roleplaying and could benefit from starting as a follower, and seeing how it is all done first. I'm also uncomfortable with it because, even if I, personally, were comfortable with the roleplay genre, my character is new to the school, and very hesitant, so it would not fit her personality to take the lead right now.

Essentially, that part of the post was me being like "So, uh, time is passing, can you do something now?"

Furthermore, we also haven't set up exactly how fast Eureka rotates on its axis, so we do not know how long a day is. It is quite possible that days are shorter and it is, in fact, sunset.

You confuse action scenes for passage of time. Our characters are on a hunt. hunting takes time and patience, and it especially needs the people working together to know how to coordinate and what their plan of attack is. therefore there will be a lot of talking. It's a chance to establish characters and character relations, rather than just jumping in, saying we found the goblins, kicking their asses, finding the tools, and returning to the quest giver as fast as possible for our exp reward.

I don't think this RP has an EXP system <_<

exactly.

it was metaphor

Maybe I should clarify my position. I don't feel like it's a need to find the goblins as soon as possible (although I can see why you thought it might have been, since that was the first thing I had my character do). I'm not even a huge fan of "action" in terms of battle. I just wanted more physical events happening. Ex. finding a trail would have also given me something to react to, and a sense of progression. Even less physical, if we had discussed what our plan of attack would have been, I would have felt more comfortable.

I wasn't trying to criticize that we've been talking a lot.. I understand that part completely. And my character has been contributing as well in trying to get everyone on the same page, such as whether we're splitting up or staying together.

The most recent two posts are really examples of what I've been wanting more of. Since both Marco and Orin are higher level than Ashling, I had hoped they would be taking more lead, and in these posts, they have. I also feel like I have more to react to, so writing my next post will not be so difficult.

sooo, pretty much witing on @Tanstin and @Silvir for the elemental mission right? dont want to move ahead without them too much.

Right right. And I believe I shall move us as Hibiki to the jungle horr-... paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.