Etera: Harbingers of Death(OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's prolly asleep by now, or already working on a reply. Either way this is about to get interesting. Quick.

Reactions: Kelsi Kitsune
So, things have gotten rather interesting already... Riniel isn't sure what to do(aka I don't know how they should handle it at the moment, so hang tight you two).

Just know that Amiel is far stronger than her relatively fragile looking body suggests. My friend is over, and we're in game land, so I just came to check the thread. I'll likely have a reply up tomorrow morning, @Lord of Dragons, @Felix Eriquel.

Reactions: Felix Eriquel
Just gonna throw this out there and say I'm on board with this whole "third boob" idea a page back.

Welp, sorry but I guess Freya's gonna be that guy and put an end to this Golem thing.

I don't think I like the idea of having to truly want the rift to be gone... that sounds way too cliche and it screws up with every possible variation of Shiome's subplot.

Well, villains don't have to close the rifts, I mean the rift wouldn't have to be fully closed, what if shiome found a way to still keep it open

Hmm... @Karakui, we could have it where a key materialises in front of the rift, and unlocks their power as they send it into the rift. Of course, it would be hard to 'lock', considering that wouldnbe their way of repairing it. Something like that maybe? I'll have my post up soon.

I'm thinking of simply scrapping Qo-Ja'Tahr.. I don't know what to do with her.

We could do something like that, Mycel could use on of his energy magics to help create that key but he has to draw energy from others, and by doing that they have to hand it over to him, this would leave Mycel vulnerable to damage and anyone offering energy to make the keys or we could do it some other way

That could give Shiome time to do something to figure out a plan of stopping the current rift from being closed

Don't forget that Shiome won't always be present at every rift, so there's no way she can stop them all from closing. Hope you like my post!

By the way what should we change the time to should it have been an hour already in the ic

Shiome's objective isn't actually to prevent the rifts from closing, that's why I only said it would screw with her plan but never said how. The key idea made me think of this: What if the way to close a rift is to prevent it with an opposite form of the rift? As a comparison, sound waves can be cancelled by mixing them with a frequency that conflicts with the sound wave, and this is how noise cancelling headphones work - they mix in the opposite of the background noise. This is also why noise cancelling headphones only cancel noise when turned on. So, to close a rift, one would generate some kind of anti-rift and have to push the anti-rift into the rift, upon which both the rift and anti-rift would cease to exist?

• Love
  • Useful
Reactions: 2 people
Alright, I've got a short conversation between Shiome and Akuri to stage that requires Akuri to close the golem's rift, but I'm going to bed now so if a decision could be made on how rifts are closed by the next time I can post (Around 15 hours from now), that'd be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.