ESE - My Dream World is an MMO

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
wOW THANK YOU

I can be a true ditz. I'm sorry. Thank you again!

That should be better. Jeez. Thanks! I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen again!

wOW THANK YOU

I can be a true ditz. I'm sorry. Thank you again!

That should be better. Jeez. Thanks! I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen again!
It's fine, it's fine! ^^ I'm an editor, so I'm here to help when things like that happen.

Ok... after Lady Alainn, I'll wait for someone else to write ^^ also, I wanted to say that from Monday to Wednesday I won't be home... so I don't know how much I'll be able to post... maybe just once a day, maybe less T^T I'm sorry... work's calling... -_-

One item I wish to make note of: Zero-skills are still Skills. That means they start at level 1 and can only do so much, but will improve as they are used. Also, I'm making one small change to Skills: Max level is 100. The extra digit would either slow progression too much or add pointless filler; for movement's sake, I'm making each level more meaningful. That said, levels aren't going to come easy. A single Skill may make level 5 today--and 20 by the end of the week--if it were to be practiced exclusively. It's more likely that each Skill will gain only one or two levels on this first day.

How do you want us keeping track of our skill progress?

I'm not sure. I suppose updating the character sheet would be the easiest way. When a level-up happens, it will be noticeable (I'm considering swirling lights and glowing weapons, or some other display related to the Skill).

Hey, so, I'm not gonna be on a ton today, I'm visiting my dad. As such, if things move quickly while I'm out, then feel free to take Bantay over for some minor actions- taking the sword down from Tiwala's throat when the appropriate time comes, following the group if they move (or at least whoever he's most likely to stay with). I'll be back tonight so this shouldn't be too much of an issue, just wanted to toss out a notice there! c:

Aaaaand that's what I get for typing slow. Um. Lemme see how I can fix this last post to account for Bantay. May take a while.

Edit: fixed it!

Last edited by a moderator:
AT LAST I HAVE MY PC!!! *^* I missed him so much *^* now I'll be able to post when I need to ^^ and in this case it won't be until later it seems... there's a discussion going on... right?

You're free to post. Kimi went to sit under a tree, Nimfa and Koero are hiking up the mountain, Bantay was left standing alone just outside the door, and Kidlat is carrying Tiwala's chair outside for her.

Oh...then I'll think up something and post it in a bit :P

Well, that just sky-rocketed the tension. And I thought it couldn't get anymore heated. o,o

Why? I don't think it was raised... "I command thee, Lady Alainn, explain yourself!" lol

Oh, I was being facetious in regards to Tiwala and Kidlat. ^^

Oh... well... I think some fanservice for Kidlat was needed... he's so caring *^* and I have to admit I liked his reaction so... it's alright :P... now, before I post again I was thinking of waiting for Bantay, because I feel he isn't finished with Tiwala, somehow ^^

To me, Tiwala's an enigma. I'm trying to figure out what compels her to do what she does as much as Kidlat is. Perhaps she's so willing to just throw herself out there and do strange/forward things because she keeps a mental distance from everyone and thus doesn't feel any need to be embarrassed by doing something unusual, because she's never close enough to anyone to care how they see her? Or could it be that she doesn't consider her ESE self to face the same consequences that her Earth self does, that is, she's much less worried about her reputation here than in 'real life'?

But in any case I'll confirm that she gave Kidlat the flutters and he secretly liked it, even if she confused him in the process. ;) And feel free to wait for a Bantay post if you think it best. That seems reasonable.

To me, Tiwala's an enigma. I'm trying to figure out what compels her to do what she does as much as Kidlat is. Perhaps she's so willing to just throw herself out there and do strange/forward things because she keeps a mental distance from everyone and thus doesn't feel any need to be embarrassed by doing something unusual, because she's never close enough to anyone to care how they see her? Or could it be that she doesn't consider her ESE self to face the same consequences that her Earth self does, that is, she's much less worried about her reputation here than in 'real life'?

But in any case I'll confirm that she gave Kidlat the flutters and he secretly liked it, even if she confused him in the process. ;) And feel free to wait for a Bantay post if you think it best. That seems reasonable.

Filia (can I call you that?) about Tiwala's reasons: it's the former, if you think she (for now... but I hope she'll change back to her previous self *^*) has a 'relationship complex', meaning she doesn't want to have a bond with anyone because she doesn't want to be hurt again (while she denies it she's scared to death to be hurt by someone as she was), it's pretty easy to read through her... at a metagame level I mean... Even so, her wish to Aria IS to be able to trust someone again... she DOES want to change, and this is shown to her thinking sometimes and her facial expressions :P

Oh and I'm happy I was able to give him the flutters ^^

Kimi's waiting for a Bantay post as well. I'm really interested to see how they all develop into a team. Who's going to be the main leader, who's going to be the emotional support, who's going to be the comic relief, who's going to be the peacekeeper, etc.

Right, I can't wait to their meeting in rl ^^ even if Tiwala/Ren might be a little cold and inconstant at first :P

Filia (can I call you that?) about Tiwala's reasons: it's the former, if you think she (for now... but I hope she'll change back to her previous self *^*) has a 'relationship complex', meaning she doesn't want to have a bond with anyone because she doesn't want to be hurt again (while she denies it she's scared to death to be hurt by someone as she was), it's pretty easy to read through her... at a metagame level I mean... Even so, her wish to Aria IS to be able to trust someone again... she DOES want to change, and this is shown to her thinking sometimes and her facial expressions :P

Oh and I'm happy I was able to give him the flutters ^^
Filia's fine. ^^

Poor girl, I can imagine she doesn't want to get close to anyone anymore because of what she's been through. We'll work on that. *pat pat*

What puzzled me about her was mostly how cavalier she's been so far...she seems to step outside the implicit boundaries of normal behavior in the eyes of society, throwing herself into a battle out of nowhere and then touching Kidlat on the face, without any apparent hangups about either one. She just kind of does things most people wouldn't do so freely. But when framed in terms of her feeling distant from the world and not really caring how the world might see her, it makes more sense. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.