Status
Not open for further replies.
Eden Haller - Psyhawk

{{ Text to Cardiff } " That would be great, I've not been to Metropolis yet, pick something nice will you ? I'll bring my data with me, complete with photos. expect me around 10:30. Eden out }

With that she sat down at her computer desk, going over names, photos, old files. reports of villains moving from one place to another. International reports, with multiple screens and computers. It wasn't the Bat Cave, but it wasn't bad either.

@Michale CS

Jason shook nodded from the other end of the comms.

"Yes, the plan is still to kill Batman. Even if this isn't our Batman, he's still a worthless scum nonetheless. But there's one problem. I no longer have my army at my disposal. I've managed to get a good gang running, but nothing like what we had in our Gotham. Who are these friends you have? Can they be of any use to us?"

@Ringmaster
OOC: Flashback since a convo got jumped ahead.

"Oh...We'll see soon enough. Do take of yourself Knight. I would hate to see a familiar face fall."

And then more amused, he added.

"As for you listening in? I will find you. And then we can have a little talk about listening at keyholes."

No matter how good you were, a good psychologist knew how to put the screws on you.

Especially using an old line like this, that had little to no protection.

The line then hung up.

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore

For a brief moment, something blipped on one of Control Freaks consoles. An anonymous signal, connected to the conversation for a only seconds before suddenly vanishing. It came from seemingly nowhere, no device or handle to be tied to it. It was a sudden communication that said nothing.

For someone of Control Freaks caliber, something weird like this only meant one thing.

Someone else was listening in, at least for a few precious moments.

--------------

"kkrrttztz...our Batman...krttztz..in every incarnation to tear down?"

"...Yes, the plan...krtztztz...kill Batman...krttzttz...what he had in our...krtztz...Gotham."

"...friends you have?"

avp2-ship01.jpg

The air within the hidden area was cold and choking, barely fit for human conditions despite being nestled deep within the supple soil and concrete of this pathetic rock hurling through space.

Where it was, it was preferable for all parties not to find out. It was a hidden place, far off from the reaches of human contact.

The structure of it was defined by dark, metal corridors winding through multiple damp rooms, decorated wall to wall with strange alien devices, sharp implements, or gruesome trophies of the Hunt, in the form of lifeless alien skulls nailed to a finely carved wall, decorated with ancient runes and strange alien symbols that flashed red, barely illuminating the room.

26_predator01.jpg

Some of the skulls were human, of many sizes and shapes.

And only one looked...fresh, a barely visible coat of red decorating the polished bone.

The quiet atmosphere was periodically interrupted by the hissing release of gas or heavy footsteps falling upon metal floors, as a titanic figure loomed through the darkness, barely illuminated by the glaring red console that sat in the middle of it all. The console only returned unintelligible alien symbols, occasionally spitting out garbled radio signals that formed together into human words-- conversations over many devices that were all being intercepted from one source.

"...Mm--mm--"

The looming figure made a noise, halting in its pacing and leaning down on the alien keypad. A rapid clicking noise followed.

"Mmmoth--"

"...fffuck."

"MotherFUUCKER"

*SMASH!*

A loud metal bang rang out through the whole area as it smashed its hand on the keypad, its attempt at vulgar language quickly followed by a clicking of the tusks and a grumbling sequence of noises, as if it was speaking some other language far beyond the understanding of humans.

It lowered its head and stared at the fresh wound on its side-- a nasty chemical burn that discolored its scaly skin and still sizzled, even now.

The Hunt was still on-- the cattle raise their alertness in fear of what had happened in that bright place, but this only makes the Hunt of more interest to the Hunter, the prospect of such glory to be gained from claiming the trophies of Earths finest game. The hunger for a righteous Hunt, a thirst for violence and blood spilled from worthy prey, it is a high like no other.

The head of The King will rest on his wall.

And, perhaps.

The Batman will join him.

The armor of each individual hunter differed, according to their abilities and their experience in the hunt. Or even just for an aesthetic. In the case of this particular member of the clan, it was obvious what sort of angle he was aiming for. Black and dull, to prevent stray reflections it gave him a simple, if somewhat cultural resemblance to the Black Hunter. As well as....Other, prey.

276febfd6bdfebdf034cd43cf2715a8d.jpg

His name was Kainde Thei-de....But once upon a time, he had been given the moniker of 'Gladiator.' And in his quarters, he dreamed of the War World, forced to fight for his life and the amusement of others before the riot and break out. It had given him....Perspective. A careful observance of what made this planet such a rich hunting ground and its race, worthy prey. They were fighters, all of them- Born with soft flesh and nothing to enable them to progress, save a mindset devoted to violence and trickery which he approved of wholeheartedly. They fascinated him, in a way that he wasn't sure was such a good thing for one of his race.

Only his experience in the Hunt and his personal prowess had prevented any young bucks seeking to overthrow him. At the end of the day, he was still one of the higher ranking clan members and would rip apart anyone seeking to bring him down. But...The Hunt was on.

So why did all he wanted to do, was watch?

He stepped out of his quarters, and ponderously with the air of an old campaigner moved off through the ship, the heat a pleasant reminder of the homeworld as he closed his eyes and envisioned the sands of War Worlds arenas once more....

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Wilson Fisk

" Talia, contact your best contractor, do not use the hand. Offer a contract out on the good doctor.offer five times their normal rate, plus normal for any soldiers they feel necessary. Also, pull out the antidote recipe from your father's file. We will likely have to inoculate segments of the population here along with the guards."

"Also send in the meta team to have here on reserve."

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

Wilson Fisk

The cell door to McCallister's relatively spacious cell opened up to allow for the kingpin to enter, a young woman behind him in the uniform of a guard with dark goggles, who carried in a chair for him to sit in and then stood to one side where she could watch both of the men.

" Mister McCallister.... I was hoping when you were brought here that you would be a great asset. I was told you were .... bright. Now I learn, that you are working with Dr. Crane to have Gotham City poisoned again. This one time, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt. You see, not so unlike you, I have issues with anger management. If I thought for a moment that you were the one working Crane into a frenzy, just as we were moving our own people into Gotham... OUR PEOPLE mister mcCallister... "

He takes a deep breath, and seems to medicate for a moment.

" I would be very disappointed. Needless to say mister McCallister, neither of us like being disappointed do we. I like you, you see... You remind me a little of myself when I was younger. "

" Now... Pretty please, Give me a believable report as to why you and Dr. Crane... are working together and how knowing this will in the end, benefit our team. "

" By the way, here are films of the Daredevil fighting. Another part of our deal... You find a way of disposing of the man without fear and I will assist you with the caped crusader. "

He gets up to leave. as he is leaving, with his back turned to you.

" Think about this for a moment Jason, what would you do, if you were convinced a partner or subordinate were cheating or going behind your back about a project ? And remember that I... like you.... have anger management issues. And the report Jason, in the morning please. "

The big man continues out the door, the female guard watching you, leaves shortly after he does, taking the chair with her. Of note, she says nothing and walks with barely making a noise.

@thatguyinthestore @Michale CS
Before Fisk left, Jason stopped him.

"The deal was made before you and I met, Fisk. Crane could be of use to us, though. Why have a man like him as an enemy when we could have him as an ally?"

@Gands

Wilson Fisk

"There are three ways to handle threats Mister McCallistet. One, ignore it and hope for the best.Two, buy the threat off and hope it sticks or three, eliminate it before it eliminates you."

Your partner, Dr. Crane is not a normal brained person. He is very smart, both of his personalities are.He knows where you are and who he threatened. "

" Once again Jason, I appeal to your intellect. Can we trust Dr. Crane not to make an attempt here?"

@Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore
@Michale CS

Wilson Fisk

"There are three ways to handle threats Mister McCallistet. One, ignore it and hope for the best.Two, buy the threat off and hope it sticks or three, eliminate it before it eliminates you."

Your partner, Dr. Crane is not a normal brained person. He is very smart, both of his personalities are.He knows where you are and who he threatened. "

" Once again Jason, I appeal to your intellect. Can we trust Dr. Crane not to make an attempt here?"

@Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore
@Michale CS
Jason nodded with his arms crossed as he was leaning against the wall of the cell. "Yeah, I trust him. Sure he's crazy, but so am I. Well, we're two different types'a crazy, but you know what I mean. I can contact him later on and get him to come down here and meet you, if you want."

@Gands @Ringmaster @Michale CS

"Oh...We'll see soon enough. Do take of yourself Knight. I would hate to see a familiar face fall."

And then more amused, he added.

"As for you listening in? I will find you. And then we can have a little talk about listening at keyholes."

No matter how good you were, a good psychologist knew how to put the screws on you.

Especially using an old line like this, that had little to no protection.

The line then hung up.
"I'm shaking in my boots." He scoffed, not worried in the least. This was pretty close to ideal for Control Freak. He knew these types - and he knew that Crane had much bigger plans than going after someone who tapped into a conversation. And if he wasted time finding out where he was? It would take away from his other plans.

"Follow the money..." Knowing it was Crane and there were ties to Arkham made it easier. "...and take it away." He began doing what he did best.

Hack.

His goal? To find and cut off Crane's source of income, and that of any he worked for or with. It was just a matter of time before any financial legs that had even a toe in the internet were knocked out from under Crane and whomever he was working with.

It would take time, but he was in jail.

He had all the time in the world.

@Gands @thatguyinthestore @Ringmaster

yellow Super sorry, @Camleen I almost never do this but I lost your post in the mix. I was sick IRL but let's just pick up and join up with @Nomad-22

"Come on, if you wanna help, follow me. I'm going to introduce you to my brothers..." Mikey said, heading for where he'd find Raph.

"There he is now, dude." Mikey said to Kurt as they caught up to Raphael. He leaned in and whispered to his brother "Nice suit, bro. Don't worry, your secret identity is safe with me." Michelangelo surreptitiously showed Raph a picture of him in his armor - courtesy of... well, it was either PsyHawk or Speedball, both had been blowing up his comm all night with pictures of what was going down, especially in Harlem.

@Camleen @Nomad-22

First the fox and now Mikey figured it out. Raphael was beginning to wonder if it's worth trying to conceal his identity, enemies and family can figure it out so quickly. His stern expression to Michelangelo pretty much screamed to the younger Turtle that he better not spill the beans on this fact.

Then he focused his attention on the stranger who came with Mikey, examining him. A blue devil huh, he thought to himself. For a second Raph thought it was one of Mikey's 'super friends', but the poor clothing and desperate demeanor told the fierce ninja that this one wasn't a cape. Maybe a mutant or an actual demon for all he knew. This is so typical of his brother, picking up strays to be their friends, it's a miracle that Mikey dosen't take them all back to their lair.

"Who are you?"

Raphael asked Kurt in an demanding tone.

Wilson Fisk

The big man checks his tablet and takes a deep breath.

"Alright, I wont have him killed just yet. Please bear in mind though, he steps a hair out of place with regards to me and mine and I feed you both to the crematorium. "

Red Skull

The small group preceded through the park still tracking to odd energy signature. Watching soldiers kept watch on the perimeters for freakish interlopers.

The Skull himself was wary, he knew there were several things out this night that seemed to be keeping several east coast heroes busy in the pit that was Gotham. That being said, there seemed to be twice as many heroes than usual lately.

After she left he chuckled. "Nice kid." Stanley closed the door and went to go listen to his favorite radio show, Trish Talk.

Once upstairs and after knocking, a short while later she heard a voice from the other side. "Who is it?"

@Raven
Raven left and went the way Stanley told her. She could hear the radio turn on just before she had walked too far off. Soon she found herself at the door and knocked. Standing still and quiet Raven waited till she heard a voice asking who it was. She paused thinking how exactly to answer. "I'm a friend of Kori's or um Starfires." She decided to answer. "I'm Raven." She added after a moment's pause. Raven hoped that was the best way to answer not have met this woman before.

@Michale CS

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
Who: [BCOLOR=#000080]Kurt Wagner[/BCOLOR]
Tagging: @Michale CS, @Nomad-22

It was rather invigorating, to be 'rooftopping', to be running at full charge up and around and under any obstacles before you with practiced precision and grace. Especially after so long of having to hide himself away, to have to keep himself under cover. To keep himself away from the prying eyes of all the world. And now.. freedom. Yes, yes that is the best word he would equate to this new feeling in this new world.

He looks to Mikey out of the corner of his eyes as he is informed they are to meet his brothers.. and his eyes widen a little. More giant turtlea that are mutants and not mutats? Keeping stride with Mikey, Kurt nods as he speaks, a wide toothy grin upon his dark lips. "Jah jah, of course I am vanting to elp!" a pause… "Vhat am I elping vith?" No, he has no idea what he's getting himself into.. but it's PROBABLY better than running from a village full of people that want to hang/skin you. Probably. And plus.. after his failure to help the old man in the shop.. he feels he needs some good karma.

They start to catch up with the Raphael, Mikey pointing him out. While Kurt didn't NEED Mikey to point him out.. well it's a nice courtesy on the turtle's part. After all, night vision is good. Especially at night. Especially for spotting giant turtles that are ninja. Mikey speaks to Raph, and Kurt finds himself affixed to a wall, his feet only clinging to it. His best Spider-Man impression, everyone. Kurt smiles a friendly smile, giving Raph a wave of his 3 fingered hand as he speaks. "Hallo, Michelangelo's brozza. I am Kurt Vagner, and appy to meet za brother of my friend." He flourishes a half bow at the waist, not moving from his spot upon the wall.

Raven left and went the way Stanley told her. She could hear the radio turn on just before she had walked too far off. Soon she found herself at the door and knocked. Standing still and quiet Raven waited till she heard a voice asking who it was. She paused thinking how exactly to answer. "I'm a friend of Kori's or um Starfires." She decided to answer. "I'm Raven." She added after a moment's pause. Raven hoped that was the best way to answer not have met this woman before.

@Michale CS
"Just a moment." After a few seconds the door unlatched and swung open.

The woman was indeed in a wheelchair, with a brace around her neck. "Come in. Please close the door behind you Rachel." The fact Angela knew Raven's name had one obvious reason to Raven - Kori.

Angela's face looked like it was healing from bad bruising and she had a plastic restraint around her right pinky and third fingers.

"I'm sure you have questions for me."

@Raven

Red Skull

The small group preceded through the park still tracking to odd energy signature. Watching soldiers kept watch on the perimeters for freakish interlopers.

The Skull himself was wary, he knew there were several things out this night that seemed to be keeping several east coast heroes busy in the pit that was Gotham. That being said, there seemed to be twice as many heroes than usual lately.

Then... it happened.

The group, with the Red Skull in the rear of it, was in visual range of the T-800. There were several men, armed with what his sensors said were plasma rifles.

Error! Technology for plasma rifles was not discovered until 2045.
Anachronistic technology detected! Proceed with caution!
The T-800's built-in library computer warned. Either these were also time travelers, or... what the T-800 had been gathering data to support might actually be true:

The T-800 was sent to an alternate timestream and not just directly into the past that would affect John Connor's future. This had a lot of ramifications and without a way of contacting Connor it would not have a clear way of proceeding. More data was needed. The most logical step was to determine the origin of these biologicals to assess whether or not they were from John Connor's future or not.

It was now mostly outside its mission parameters, but recovery of the device was still paramount, and another battle even if it prevailed would give the device more time to be taken further away from the T-800.

What to do?

@Gands @thatguyinthestore

Who: [BCOLOR=#000080]Kurt Wagner[/BCOLOR]
Tagging: @Michale CS, @Nomad-22

It was rather invigorating, to be 'rooftopping', to be running at full charge up and around and under any obstacles before you with practiced precision and grace. Especially after so long of having to hide himself away, to have to keep himself under cover. To keep himself away from the prying eyes of all the world. And now.. freedom. Yes, yes that is the best word he would equate to this new feeling in this new world.

He looks to Mikey out of the corner of his eyes as he is informed they are to meet his brothers.. and his eyes widen a little. More giant turtlea that are mutants and not mutats? Keeping stride with Mikey, Kurt nods as he speaks, a wide toothy grin upon his dark lips. "Jah jah, of course I am vanting to elp!" a pause… "Vhat am I elping vith?" No, he has no idea what he's getting himself into.. but it's PROBABLY better than running from a village full of people that want to hang/skin you. Probably. And plus.. after his failure to help the old man in the shop.. he feels he needs some good karma.

They start to catch up with the Raphael, Mikey pointing him out. While Kurt didn't NEED Mikey to point him out.. well it's a nice courtesy on the turtle's part. After all, night vision is good. Especially at night. Especially for spotting giant turtles that are ninja. Mikey speaks to Raph, and Kurt finds himself affixed to a wall, his feet only clinging to it. His best Spider-Man impression, everyone. Kurt smiles a friendly smile, giving Raph a wave of his 3 fingered hand as he speaks. "Hallo, Michelangelo's brozza. I am Kurt Vagner, and appy to meet za brother of my friend." He flourishes a half bow at the waist, not moving from his spot upon the wall.

That accent makes me think of Schwarzenegger for some reason.

Raphael thought, exaiming the demon-looking Kurt who was clinging to the wall like that Spider Geek was known to do. Honestly this fellow seem friendly enough, but just because he pal up with his little brother it doesn't Raph trusted him yet. One had to earn that right in his own opinion. All the same though he will give this blue skinned tourist some courtesy...for now. Cautiously he replied.

"The name's Raphael. Unless my bonehead brother here already told ya."

Looking back toward Mikey, Raph's scowling expression warned the other ninja turtle that he better not had told this stranger everything about their family. Hopefully Mikey didn't reveal too much, one can only hope. Now to the business at hand.

"Mikey we gotta head back home. There some things the Master needs know."

Then... it happened.

The group, with the Red Skull in the rear of it, was in visual range of the T-800. There were several men, armed with what his sensors said were plasma rifles.

The T-800's built-in library computer warned. Either these were also time travelers, or... what the T-800 had been gathering data to support might actually be true:

The T-800 was sent to an alternate timestream and not just directly into the past that would affect John Connor's future. This had a lot of ramifications and without a way of contacting Connor it would not have a clear way of proceeding. More data was needed. The most logical step was to determine the origin of these biologicals to assess whether or not they were from John Connor's future or not.

It was now mostly outside its mission parameters, but recovery of the device was still paramount, and another battle even if it prevailed would give the device more time to be taken further away from the T-800.

What to do?

@Gands @thatguyinthestore

After assessing the situation thoroughly, the T-800 determined that it was best to continue going after the object first and deal with the Red Skull later. It was his mission objective, after all.

However, if necessary, the T-800 will confront the possible hostiles if they were to impede on his mission. The plasma rifles wouldn't do much damage to him if they shot him, so it continued to head on and attempted to pass Red Skull and his men without any trouble, though even it knew that was highly unlikely to happen.

@Gands @Michale CS

"Just a moment." After a few seconds the door unlatched and swung open.

The woman was indeed in a wheelchair, with a brace around her neck. "Come in. Please close the door behind you Rachel." The fact Angela knew Raven's name had one obvious reason to Raven - Kori.

Angela's face looked like it was healing from bad bruising and she had a plastic restraint around her right pinky and third fingers.

"I'm sure you have questions for me."

@Raven
Raven waited and entered once her undercover name was mentioned a brow raised for a moment till the answer was obvious. 'Kori guess you talked more than you informed me.' She thought to herself. Raven seeing the woman knew Stanley informed her in some truth about what she may find of the woman's condition. Raven allowed herself to block out taking in the woman's pain for now. It wasn't her place to feed off of the pain or try and heal the woman in any way without asking first. Once the door was closed she gave a nod about the questions. "Yes mostly from Kori." She replied. Raven paused for a few moments to think exactly what it had been she needed to ask again. "First um how are you doing?" She began thinking that was a fine place to start. "Kori became a bit worried when she hadn't been able to speak with you online for a while." Raven wasn't sure how long a while was but knew Angela probably would. She didn't have to know much details just that she was healing well, or if she may need to help ease any pain.

@Michale CS

"Yes mostly from Kori." She replied. Raven paused for a few moments to think exactly what it had been she needed to ask again. "First um how are you doing?" She began thinking that was a fine place to start. "Kori became a bit worried when she hadn't been able to speak with you online for a while." Raven wasn't sure how long a while was but knew Angela probably would. She didn't have to know much details just that she was healing well, or if she may need to help ease any pain.
"It's been, a week now. I just... barely have the money to get by now that I'm going to be out of work for awhile. I'm a waitress, when I'm not... you know. The only way I could compensate would blow any sense of secrecy I have. You... should talk to Kori about leaving her computer with the web cam still going. I've seen a few of Gar and Victor's eating challenges and..." she shuddered a little.

"Sorry. I'm like... a voyeur into the life of you guys. I'm guessing that she didn't tell all of you the extent of our friendship - I mean I've worked with several groups as Firestar, so I thought I was trusted. This... well a week ago uh, I ran into something I didn't expect. I've always been very friendly and open... I was ambushed. I tried non-lethal use of my powers to escape or subdue them, but these guys came prepared. I finally... well, I'm not proud of what I had to do, but if they did any more to me I'd likely have died. And... well my powers are to generate microwaves and heat, not heal, so I'm out of commission for a long time, and if I weren't staying with Stanley here, I probably would end up having to depend on friends to give me a place to stay or end up homeless. I guess I'm punishing myself, kind of."

@Raven

"It's been, a week now. I just... barely have the money to get by now that I'm going to be out of work for awhile. I'm a waitress, when I'm not... you know. The only way I could compensate would blow any sense of secrecy I have. You... should talk to Kori about leaving her computer with the web cam still going. I've seen a few of Gar and Victor's eating challenges and..." she shuddered a little.

"Sorry. I'm like... a voyeur into the life of you guys. I'm guessing that she didn't tell all of you the extent of our friendship - I mean I've worked with several groups as Firestar, so I thought I was trusted. This... well a week ago uh, I ran into something I didn't expect. I've always been very friendly and open... I was ambushed. I tried non-lethal use of my powers to escape or subdue them, but these guys came prepared. I finally... well, I'm not proud of what I had to do, but if they did any more to me I'd likely have died. And... well my powers are to generate microwaves and heat, not heal, so I'm out of commission for a long time, and if I weren't staying with Stanley here, I probably would end up having to depend on friends to give me a place to stay or end up homeless. I guess I'm punishing myself, kind of."

@Raven
Raven listened and made a mental note to mention that to Kori about the camera. She nodded when Grand Victor's eating completion was mentioned. "That can be a bit... Disturbing..." Raven replied not being someone to stick around usually during the boys competitions. She then listened as Angela explained what happened.

"No Kori hasnt shared to much more than that your a friend of hers." Raven paused and pulled out the extra cumunicator she had. "She wanted me to offer you one of our communicators. And perhaps together we could prevent something like that occurring in the future." Raven said getting to the point of another reason she was here. Raven paused once more looking at the woman thinking for a bit and soon sighed. "I'm not sure what else Kori may have told you... But maybe you wouldn't have to be out of commission as long as you think." She pausedonce more imagining what Kori might would say if Raven told her the condition of her friend. More or less she'd probably regret it. "I can't fix broken bones but can heal and mend brushes or wounds fresh or old." She explained her voice keeping its usual monotone.

@Michale CS

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
Status
Not open for further replies.