Status
Not open for further replies.
The Next Morning
Jason awoke the next morning in his 'cell', if you could really call it that. It was more like his own room with a TV, a bed, and a toilet. When Jason awoke, he found that Fisk had requested to meet him already. Jason nodded as the guards led him out of his cell and to Fisk's, where the guards dropped him off. Jason then took a seat across the table from Kingpin.

"Good morning, Mr. Fisk." Jason said politely as he sat across from his new boss, or business partner. He wasn't too sure yet.

@Gands @Michale CS

Wilson Fisk

"Good Morning Mister Todd. I have new information for you. The big man slid another set of files across to Jason.

The file contained pictures. Witness statements and Reports of someone on site. On nearly everyone who was there.

' More data Mister Todd. Tick tock, tick tock. By the way, I believe it will be necessary to have your finger prints burned off while you are here. We are also constructing a fake I'd and prison records."

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore

Wilson Fisk

"Good Morning Mister Todd. I have new information for you. The big man slid another set of files across to Jason.

The file contained pictures. Witness statements and Reports of someone on site. On nearly everyone who was there.

' More data Mister Todd. Tick tock, tick tock. By the way, I believe it will be necessary to have your finger prints burned off while you are here. We are also constructing a fake I'd and prison records."

Jason looked over the information with a confused look on his face.

"Am I supposed to kill these people? I mean, just asking since you want to go through so much effort to conceal my identity."

@Gands @Michale CS

Wilson Fisk

" I see, you are confused. Let me clarify. You Mister Todd should be an expert on the criminal politics of Gotham City. I expect you to review all the files of those personal and lend me your personal viewpoint and assess what weaknesses and strengths each of them have. Gotham city is currently in play, enemies, allies....Local and Federal law enforcement will all be involved here. "

" You mister Todd want to be a success, you have desires to eliminate your enemies and gain power. I personally have no issue at all with this. But currently you are here on my dime. I would like to accomplish things myself you see ? "

" Let us suppose the current circumstances in Gotham allow you and I to take advantage. I certainly cannot be in all my territories at once can I ? Certain things though must await time, while we are awaiting our release Mister Todd, we can do our homework right ?

At this point he seems to be reaching the end of his patience.

" Last point I will make Mister Todd. You aren't our mister Todd.... He is dead. You will need an identity and prison records so that in the future you will have rights of citizenship. You will be of little use to either of us if you are picked up again once you are released from here. Trust me, there are worse people than me, and far far worse places than this. "

" Is that perfectly clear Mister Todd ?

@thatguyinthestore @Michale CS

"Ah ye of little faith in how paranoid I can be. Any abnormality in computer systems that seems a repeated pattern - I have FRIDAY look into it. Then, it's just a matter of looking at ATM cameras..."
Right. That's also reasonable Janice thought.
"And I don't want you to either. Actually, the thought of you being on a team kind of scares me. The number of times we've had a team member turn on us via alien virus, mind control, or crazy... stabby... glowy staff is inordinately high.
While Janice had resolved on her own to not be part of a team, to hear it put so bluntly in a way that echoed her own insecurities was....quite something different. She maintained her composure though. Nothing to get upset about....
No, I want you very good at your skills so you can crank out lots of good inventions for Stark Enterprises and become an insanely rich woman, and make me even more insanely rich. So. We got a deal?"

He stood up and moved over to Janice, sticking out his hand to her.
"I won't make good inventions, Mr. Stark." Janice stood and accepted his handshake with a lot of energy. "I will make great inventions. I'm going to need a couple days to do some little things, give notice to my current employer, and gather the rough blueprints of some things I've had cooking up. Then I'll work through the weekend up to Monday for my first training session." She smiled and gave him a thumbs-up.

Later that Day
Janice was waiting in the lobby of Goliath National Bank with her head high and a wad of cash in her purse. It was her 'rainy day fund' of money taken from this exact bank that she was now going to use to open a proper bank account. She had a new job that was going to pull in more money, so no more prepaid or re loadable debit cards. I'm going all legit, starting today.

The calm muzak-heavy atmosphere of the lobby was broken suddenly by what could only be described as a small sonic book that shattered the glass partitions between the clerks and customers, rendering many incapacitated. Janice was far enough away she only experienced a loud ringing in her ears and some nausea. Her training kicked in and she rolled to the nearest cover; the couch of the waiting area that would block her from view of anyone coming in. She peered over the top and saw a group of five masked men, each holding a futuristic gun and one shouting orders.

Is a quiet day so much to ask for? Janice thought as she ducked and rattled her brain for a plan. Okay. Those things have to be sound-based weapons to do that. If they get close enough, I can-

Her thoughts were interuppted when a man came around the couch, and aimed the rifle at her. One wink, and the gun let off a small electric discharge before shutting down. Taking advantage of his confusion, she shoved the gun up with her left hand, and unleashed five hard blows to his gut before tripping his legs out from under him. She took the rifle from him, and bashed him upside the head to neutralize him as well. Great. Now what are you going to about the other four?

@ Michale CS @ Anyone in NY who could assist.

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
Wilson Fisk

" I see, you are confused. Let me clarify. You Mister Todd should be an expert on the criminal politics of Gotham City. I expect you to review all the files of those personal and lend me your personal viewpoint and assess what weaknesses and strengths each of them have. Gotham city is currently in play, enemies, allies....Local and Federal law enforcement will all be involved here. "

" You mister Todd want to be a success, you have desires to eliminate your enemies and gain power. I personally have no issue at all with this. But currently you are here on my dime. I would like to accomplish things myself you see ? "

" Let us suppose the current circumstances in Gotham allow you and I to take advantage. I certainly cannot be in all my territories at once can I ? Certain things though must await time, while we are awaiting our release Mister Todd, we can do our homework right ?

At this point he seems to be reaching the end of his patience.

" Last point I will make Mister Todd. You aren't our mister Todd.... He is dead. You will need an identity and prison records so that in the future you will have rights of citizenship. You will be of little use to either of us if you are picked up again once you are released from here. Trust me, there are worse people than me, and far far worse places than this. "

" Is that perfectly clear Mister Todd ?

@thatguyinthestore @Michale CS
Jason listened to the man and nodded at what he was saying.

"Yeah, we're clear. But I need to make something clear too. I don't want power. In fact, Gotham is such a shitshow that I don't know why anyone would want to own anything in that city. No, I just want one thing."

Jason tossed the file for Batman over to Fisk. "I want him dead. More than anything. This helps you, too. Sure, you can take down Cobblepot, Two Face, Scarecrow, or hell even Nygma, but you ain't gonna get anywhere without his head on a silver platter. Once he's out of the way taking the rest down will be easy. I'm sure you've seen my records, and you know that this version of me was a ward to Bruce Wayne." Jason then tossed the Bruce's file over to Fisk.

"Same applied to me. Now this next part needs to be our little secret, ok? Can't have this info getting out." Jason looked around to make sure no one was listening before turning back to Fisk. He then leaned in close and whispered this in Fisk's ear: "Bruce Wayne and Batman are one in the same." Jason then walked back to his seat and sat down. "I can tell you a whole lot more than that without research. I know every weakness in his armor, all of his tactics, even his damn favorite food. I can tell you everything as long as when you capture him, I get to be the one to put the bullet in his brain. Then with Batman dead, Gotham will be ours for the taking."

@Gands @Michale CS

Last edited:
Eden Haller - Psyhawk

The appearance of the masked me was very sudden, everyone dropped to the ground, except her, she slowly went to a kneeling position as her perception left her body.

She had to do this carefully, so no one would get killed. She heard sparks from behind her and to the right. The next closest of the five men to that position, suddenly froze in place, mentally paralyzed.

Her body slowly continued down to the floor while her perception, already freed, searched on the next victim.

@Ms. Ezra

Wilson Fisk

The big man laughs, again a rich hearty laugh.

" Mister Todd, how excellent. Another thing we have in common" I too have such a foe. I have learned the weakness of over concentrating on just one enemy. "

He snapped his fingers again, bringing a guard inside. " Bring me the Red file please". This was done quickly.

"Mister Todd, may I introduce you to... Daredevil. He is the thorn in my side, my weakness and blind spot. Add what you dare to the Batman's file and I will study it... In turn, you will add Daredevil to your own homework."

" That being said Mister Todd, I will need information on the rest. While I agree, information and elimination of our personal nemesis is our ultimate goal. We must build to that, let us start small Mister Todd, let us add Gotham to our account before the chaos ends there. "

@thatguyinthestore

Wilson Fisk

The big man laughs, again a rich hearty laugh.

" Mister Todd, how excellent. Another thing we have in common" I too have such a foe. I have learned the weakness of over concentrating on just one enemy. "

He snapped his fingers again, bringing a guard inside. " Bring me the Red file please". This was done quickly.

"Mister Todd, may I introduce you to... Daredevil. He is the thorn in my side, my weakness and blind spot. Add what you dare to the Batman's file and I will study it... In turn, you will add Daredevil to your own homework."

" That being said Mister Todd, I will need information on the rest. While I agree, information and elimination of our personal nemesis is our ultimate goal. We must build to that, let us start small Mister Todd, let us add Gotham to our account before the chaos ends there. "

@thatguyinthestore
Jason observed Daredevil's file, nodding as he did so.

"Daredevil, huh? Sure I can gather info on him. I just want to be able to make Bruce pay for what he did to me." Jason said that last sentence in a deeper, angrier voice. He didn't even notice that his fists were balled up.

"But when we capture Bruce, I know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna take all the pain that Joker put in me, all that blackness, and I'm gonna put it all in a bullet. Then you know what I'm gonna do with that bullet? I'm gonna put it right between Bruce's eyes." Jason paused, realizing he had gone on a rant. "I apologize, sir. I'm sure a man such as yourself doesn't care for what happened to someone like me. What made me want to do this in the first place."

@Gands

Right. That's also reasonable Janice thought.

While Janice had resolved on her own to not be part of a team, to hear it put so bluntly in a way that echoed her own insecurities was....quite something different. She maintained her composure though. Nothing to get upset about....

"I won't make good inventions, Mr. Stark." Janice stood and accepted his handshake with a lot of energy. "I will make great inventions. I'm going to need a couple days to do some little things, give notice to my current employer, and gather the rough blueprints of some things I've had cooking up. Then I'll work through the weekend up to Monday for my first training session." She smiled and gave him a thumbs-up.

Later that Day
Janice was waiting in the lobby of Goliath National Bank with her head high and a wad of cash in her purse. It was her 'rainy day fund' of money taken from this exact bank that she was now going to use to open a proper bank account. She had a new job that was going to pull in more money, so no more prepaid or re loadable debit cards. I'm going all legit, starting today.

The calm muzak-heavy atmosphere of the lobby was broken suddenly by what could only be described as a small sonic book that shattered the glass partitions between the clerks and customers, rendering many incapacitated. Janice was far enough away she only experienced a loud ringing in her ears and some nausea. Her training kicked in and she rolled to the nearest cover; the couch of the waiting area that would block her from view of anyone coming in. She peered over the top and saw a group of five masked men, each holding a futuristic gun and one shouting orders.

Is a quiet day so much to ask for? Janice thought as she ducked and rattled her brain for a plan. Okay. Those things have to be sound-based weapons to do that. If they get close enough, I can-

Her thoughts were interuppted when a man came around the couch, and aimed the rifle at her. One wink, and the gun let off a small electric discharge before shutting down. Taking advantage of his confusion, she shoved the gun up with her left hand, and unleashed five hard blows to his gut before tripping his legs out from under him. She took the rifle from him, and bashed him upside the head to neutralize him as well. Great. Now what are you going to about the other four?

@ Michale CS @ Anyone in NY who could assist.

"Booyakasha!" Mikey yelled out as he crashed onto the scene. Nunchaku swirling he disarmed one and knocked out another before he flipped back by Gizmo's side. "Don't worry, we got this."

@Ms.Ezra @Gands

Wilson Fisk

The big man watch in silence as Jason got worked up almost beyond the capacity for reason.
He understood now, what Daredevil did to him. Perhaps he could use this as a key for himself, to fight his own inner horned demon.

He turned and started to leave just then. Quietly talking to the guard.

" Give him a few moments to gather himself, then return him to his cell. "

Now the interesting thing.... Does his discuss this with his new business manager....

Wilson Fisk

The big man watch in silence as Jason got worked up almost beyond the capacity for reason.
He understood now, what Daredevil did to him. Perhaps he could use this as a key for himself, to fight his own inner horned demon.

He turned and started to leave just then. Quietly talking to the guard.

" Give him a few moments to gather himself, then return him to his cell. "

Now the interesting thing.... Does his discuss this with his new business manager....

Jason eventually did gather himself before looking up. "Hey, Fisk! I'm gonna need a computer or something to do my research on." Jason managed to say before Fisk left.

@Gands @Michale CS

Courtney and Billy both stepped into the room. Billy immediately ran over to Azalia and gave her a hug. Courtney was in her full Stargirl outfit complete with staff and looked as if she'd been fighting. "I've decided that Billy is going to be your roommate, Azalia. Billy and I had to work a bit to clean your mess today, and since he doesn't mind your rabbits and they don't seem to be able to hurt him - and the rabbits seem to like him anyway, he might be able to help you keep them more contained."

Somehow she still had that smile on her face, though it was apparent it was just a bit strained. "Is that all right with you, Azalia?"

The redhead felt the hug and immediately gasped. Not expecting it entirely she just kind of laid there limp like a cat. It was almost as if she was playing dead. But, in this situation she didn't have much of a choice. "I... I wouldn't mind but it may not be safe for him. Things just... happen?" Azalia said trying to warn her. But, she knew it wouldn't be taken into account much. Although, in this situation perhaps it would be good if the rabbits had something to keep them busy. Rabbits appearing behind her they ran over to billy, pull the boy off of Azalia and began to carry him farther into the room.

Placing the boy down the rabbits backed up before just staring at him. Their sizes shrinking and lowering by inches at variable rates they finally stopped toying around before sitting down and continuing to stare at him. One of their heads rotated around unnaturally before another took its entire head off and rolled it to the boy. The third one just laughed before falling backwards and shattering into pieces. The other two stood up and began to put him together again.​

Wilson Fisk

"Study the documents Mister Todd... and come up with a new name. Tonight you will have to make due with pencil and paper. Tomorrow I expecting my It professional to be with us and we'll have something for you to work with."

@thatguyinthestore

Wilson Fisk

"Study the documents Mister Todd... and come up with a new name. Tonight you will have to make due with pencil and paper. Tomorrow I expecting my It professional to be with us and we'll have something for you to work with."

@thatguyinthestore
Jason nodded. "Fair enough. I'll have a new ID and some notes on Gotham's underworld by morning." He said, waiting to be taken back to his cell.

@Gands @Michale CS

Eden Haller - Psyhawk

She noticed the arrival of one of the turtles, the nicer one she thought. Their attention was set on him, making her job all the easier.

Another of the Thugs froze in his spot. Careful now, no revealing yourself to the innocents. I'll make my way to the woman shortly.

@Ms. Ezra @ michale CS

"Booyakasha!" Mikey yelled out as he crashed onto the scene. Nunchaku swirling he disarmed one and knocked out another before he flipped back by Gizmo's side. "Don't worry, we got this."
"Giant turtle? Alright then." Janice, too pumped with adrenaline, wasn't at all surprised by the newcomer. She watched the one remaining gunman aim his rifle at a woman only feet away who had been trying to quiet her child.

"Move, and at this range they die!" He screamed at them and started slowly moving back out of the building. Not quick enough to get out of her range. The momentary touch of the one gun had given her enough insight to know all she needed about the weapons. She snapped her fingers, startling the gunmen who pulled the trigger. No sparks this time, only the soft click of the trigger was heard. The guy panicked and made a run for it.

Janice hit the turtle on the shell "All yours, big guy." She said and flopped onto the couch to bring herself down from the action high suddenly thrust upon her. She hadn't been this exhilarated in some time. It was like her first time in the Danger Room again.

@Michale CS

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Michale CS
Eden Haller - Psyhawk
images

She stands up, calmly walking over to one of the frozen thugs, gently pushing him over. Then walks over to Janice.

" Nice work, I'm Eden" She extends her hand to Janice.
" You have a familiar face, you work over at that little tech shop right ? " She smiles.
" You fixed up some of my gear, not many folks could fix those tiny emp grenades that I use. "

@Ms. Ezra @Michale CS

Janice hit the turtle on the shell "All yours, big guy." She said and flopped onto the couch to bring herself down from the action high suddenly thrust upon her. She hadn't been this exhilarated in some time. It was like her first time in the Danger Room again.

"Wow, neat trick. Gotta talk to you later about that."
He spun back into action, hamming it up.

@Gands @Ms.Ezra

She stands up, calmly walking over to one of the frozen thugs, gently pushing him over. Then walks over to Janice.

" Nice work, I'm Eden" She extends her hand to Janice.
" You have a familiar face, you work over at that little tech shop right ? " She smiles.
" You fixed up some of my gear, not many folks could fix those tiny emp grenades that I use. "
"Janice Kissel, and yeah formerly of the Gadget Clinic." Janice shook her hand. "And I don't remember you, but you can't forget EMP grenades. How are they treating you, by the way? If I hadn't been here I bet those would have been handy for these guns." She then gestured to the turtle as he went after the gunman. "Friend of yours?"

@Gands @Michale CS

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.