Status
Not open for further replies.
The Next Day
After the relatively boring orientation session, came to the door for the Research and Development department. She took a deep breath, and presented her badge to the scanner. The device beeped and let her in.

"Guess who?" The particular lab she was assigned to was empty of people save one.

"Pardon the unusual method, but when recruiting someone of your particular talents, I thought it would be best if we cleared a few things up in my mind. Chuck does good work. I see evidence of that so I'm not discounting your training but I've got a few targeted questions for you. Trust me, you're still hired, I just need to see if I need to make any accomodations for you."

Tony gestured to one of those ergonomic chairs and seated himself in one across from her. "This... thing you do with machines. It's entirely under your control, right? I don't have to worry about you sneezing and knocking out the power to potentially dozens of sensitive projects?"

@Ms.Ezra

Reactions: Gands
"...Heh." He snickered. Classy, public place in the midst of the city of love. That figures. Boomerang pulled back from the screen, clicking out of the internet and moving over to contact list. His finger hovered over the call button, some small part of him still concerned. If whatever this was went south, then...well, the fallout from Knockout. Hmph. He steeled himself and clicked the button to connect to Snart.

@Michale CS
He picked up on the third ring. "So. You've got my good news? Lay it on me." Boomerang heard a bit of background noise, like he was somewhere outside in city traffic or something. "I'm in transit right now, so forgive the bad call quality..."

@C.T.

He picked up on the third ring. "So. You've got my good news? Lay it on me." Boomerang heard a bit of background noise, like he was somewhere outside in city traffic or something. "I'm in transit right now, so forgive the bad call quality..."
"Depends on how ya define good news, mate." He shook his head once more. "This thing goes wrong in any way, could be my head on the line. A promise from Knockout ta feed me my own heart. What a great thought, huh? So here's the lead. Ya want Savage's daughter? She'll be at the Louvre in two days. Central Paris, classic right? Very public place, lots of attention. No secrecy, large crowds if she needs to get out unseen. Basic stuff. Chose the place for a reason and the artwork wasn't it. So...satisfied?"

@Michale CS

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
"This... thing you do with machines. It's entirely under your control, right? I don't have to worry about you sneezing and knocking out the power to potentially dozens of sensitive projects?"

@Ms.Ezra
"Um...uh....yeah it's totally under my control. I'm not going losee my patience with a project and cause damage." Janice explained while she walked to the chair across from him and made sure to sit up straight. She was consciously trying not to let her power affect the environment. Okay, I really really need that training then. And stop staring at his eyes. Or his watch. Look at his nose. Nothing special about his nose.

"It's been some time since I've had to use it for more than diagnostic purposes, so understandably I'm rusty but I assure you, I'm no more a danger to your labs than an ant. Besides Ant-Man, of course." She said, being honest with him.

@Michale CS

• Thank You
"Depends on how ya define good news, mate." He shook his head once more. "This thing goes wrong in any way, could be my head on the line. A promise from Knockout ta feed me my own heart. What a great thought, huh? So here's the lead. Ya want Savage's daughter? She'll be at the Louvre in two days. Central Paris, classic right? Very public place, lots of attention. No secrecy, large crowds if she needs to get out unseen. Basic stuff. Chose the place for a reason and the artwork wasn't it. So...satisfied?"

@Michale CS
"Just chill out for a couple of days. If this pans out, I'll send you the bulk of your payment. For now... you'll get a text from me in a short while, there'll be some cash there for your time so far. Pleasure doing business with you... Captain. Was there anything else I could do for you?"

Shortly after the call ended, he got a text with an account number and a PIN number, and even a website to do online banking from. Presuming he checked the balance, $50,000 was in the account currently out of a bank apparently based in Panama.

@C.T.

"Um...uh....yeah it's totally under my control. I'm not going losee my patience with a project and cause damage." Janice explained while she walked to the chair across from him and made sure to sit up straight. She was consciously trying not to let her power affect the environment. Okay, I really really need that training then. And stop staring at his eyes. Or his watch. Look at his nose. Nothing special about his nose.

"It's been some time since I've had to use it for more than diagnostic purposes, so understandably I'm rusty but I assure you, I'm no more a danger to your labs than an ant. Besides Ant-Man, of course." She said, being honest with him.

@Michale CS
Tony raised one finger and pointed it in her general direction a few times. "See, I made that mistake before. Thought a buddy of mine had his anger management issues entirely under his control. Didn't work out so well." He sighed and stood up, flipped the chair around and sat back down, arms across the back of it. "You see you don't get to be where I am and not be a good read of people. I'm a damned good poker player too. So... are you strictly an engineer or do you know any sort of programming? Just... trying to get a good feel of where you're going to fit in."

@Ms.Ezra

Wilson Fisk

A large presence entered the room behind Jason, moved around the table and sat in front of him. He wore a regulation prison uniform, but it seemed well tailored for his size.

" I wanted to see what a dead man looked like Mister Todd. I'm told you may know quite a bit about Gotham city and the previously living Jason Todd was quite smart. "

" My name is Wilson Fisk, some call me the Kingpin of Crime. This as they say, is my house. Your records are already fouled up. You could be in here forever and no one would ever know, or care aside from me. They had planned to put you in a much worse place. A hole inside a hole inside a hole. A filthy place with more security than it will ever need. They were nice enough to put something inside you last time you slept Mister Todd. Something someone could use to either track you, or kill you. "

" So tell me Mister Todd, how can we.... help.... each other ? "

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore

Wilson Fisk

A large presence entered the room behind Jason, moved around the table and sat in front of him. He wore a regulation prison uniform, but it seemed well tailored for his size.

" I wanted to see what a dead man looked like Mister Todd. I'm told you may know quite a bit about Gotham city and the previously living Jason Todd was quite smart. "

" My name is Wilson Fisk, some call me the Kingpin of Crime. This as they say, is my house. Your records are already fouled up. You could be in here forever and no one would ever know, or care aside from me. They had planned to put you in a much worse place. A hole inside a hole inside a hole. A filthy place with more security than it will ever need. They were nice enough to put something inside you last time you slept Mister Todd. Something someone could use to either track you, or kill you. "

" So tell me Mister Todd, how can we.... help.... each other ? "

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore
Jason turned around whenever he heard the man speak. He listened to the offer, nodding and humming as he spoke. And he believed every word of it, mainly because he had an outfit that was personally tailored to fit his size, which was something that wasn't usually handed to prisoners. He could get somewhere with connections like this. And once he inevitably got out, perhaps he could use Fisk and his connections to help in his plan to kill Batman.

"For a second, I thought you were gonna be the guy I had to look out for in the showers." Todd said with a smirk. "And if what you're saying is true, than I'd be more than happy to help. But-" He rose a finger. "This ain't gonna be some one sided arrangement. I scratch your back I think it's only fair that you scratch my back. How many connections you got on the outside?"

@Michale CS @Gands

Last edited:
Wilson Fisk

The big man laughed. A hearty sound, of someone pleased with himself.

"Excellent Mister Todd, I approve. Yes, without boasting I have very good connections, which should be evidenced by what you will find very quickly here. "

"Should your efforts prove to be satisfactory, and our work together is fruitful, I can see us helping each other in any number of possibilities. "

"Lets start with how you can help me with the personalities in play in Gotham."
The big man snapped his fingers and a guard came in with a portfolio folder. In it, several files and photos of players known in Gotham. He pushed the folder towards Jason.

Let me remind you, time is of the essence, the game as they say, is afoot mister Todd.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore

"Just chill out for a couple of days. If this pans out, I'll send you the bulk of your payment. For now... you'll get a text from me in a short while, there'll be some cash there for your time so far. Pleasure doing business with you... Captain. Was there anything else I could do for you?"

Shortly after the call ended, he got a text with an account number and a PIN number, and even a website to do online banking from. Presuming he checked the balance, $50,000 was in the account currently out of a bank apparently based in Panama.
"Nope." And so Digger hung up.

A quick check later, he grinned wide. 50k, that wasn't at all bad for just sitting around and making a few phone calls. And there was still more to come. All in a day's work.​

Wilson Fisk

The big man laughed. A hearty sound, of someone pleased with himself.

"Excellent Mister Todd, I approve. Yes, without boasting I have very good connections, which should be evidenced by what you will find very quickly here. "

"Should your efforts prove to be satisfactory, and our work together is fruitful, I can see us helping each other in any number of possibilities. "

"Lets start with how you can help me with the personalities in play in Gotham."
The big man snapped his fingers and a guard came in with a portfolio folder. In it, several files and photos of players known in Gotham. He pushed the folder towards Jason.

Let me remind you, time is of the essence, the game as they say, is afoot mister Todd.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore
Jason nodded and looked over the files. Jason smiled, as this was pretty much every big player in Gotham. Bruce Wayne, Gordon, Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face, even Joe Chill was in there.

"I'm impressed. You planning on taking these freaks out? Cause if you are, I can help ya. I got dirt on all these freaks. With me on your side, they'll never see us coming. Just tell me what you want to know first."

@Gands @Michale CS

Wilson Fisk

" It appears mister Todd that someone else has already started the game, perhaps you and I can still win it. Find me things my people can use. Someone has advertised bounty on the Heroes of Gotham. The current conflict and that bounty should keep things.... confused, which could allow us more latitude to move. "

" I am having you put in Solitary confinement, there will be a television set for you to monitor things in Gotham. Get me something to work with Mister Todd. Let me know of course if there is anything wrong with your accommodations. "

With that, the big man gets up and makes his way out of the cell and the guards, make their way in.

"Good night Mister Todd"

@Michale CS @ Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore

• Thank You
Wilson Fisk

" It appears mister Todd that someone else has already started the game, perhaps you and I can still win it. Find me things my people can use. Someone has advertised bounty on the Heroes of Gotham. The current conflict and that bounty should keep things.... confused, which could allow us more latitude to move. "

" I am having you put in Solitary confinement, there will be a television set for you to monitor things in Gotham. Get me something to work with Mister Todd. Let me know of course if there is anything wrong with your accommodations. "

With that, the big man gets up and makes his way out of the cell and the guards, make their way in.

"Good night Mister Todd"

@Michale CS @ Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore
Jason nodded as Fisk left his cell. "Goodnight, Mister Fisk." He said before he was taken away to solitary confinement by the guards.

"Here is your new cell, Mister Todd." The guard said with a nod before walking off. Jason nodded and sat down, flipping on the TV. On the TV was a news report about a recent attack on the Iceberg Lounge.

"Terror shook Gotham tonight as Garflield Lynnes, better known as the villain Firefly, attacked the Iceberg Lounge, owned by Oswald Cobblepot. The attack started at approximately 9:00 pm when Firefly began attacking the lounge. Luckily, several heroes were in the area to stop the assailant before he could spread his terror any further. Lynnes has been since taken in for questioning, but the Commisioner Gordon refused to comment at this time. Back to you, Tom."

Jason smirked and changed the channel to one of his shows. "What a good time to be alive." Jason said before laying down and placing his hands behind his head, falling asleep soon after.

@Gands @Michale CS

• Love
Tony raised one finger and pointed it in her general direction a few times. "See, I made that mistake before. Thought a buddy of mine had his anger management issues entirely under his control. Didn't work out so well." He sighed and stood up, flipped the chair around and sat back down, arms across the back of it. "You see you don't get to be where I am and not be a good read of people. I'm a damned good poker player too. So... are you strictly an engineer or do you know any sort of programming? Just... trying to get a good feel of where you're going to fit in."

@Ms.Ezra
"I'm mostly an engineer, but my ability allows me to program in a way most can't. Professor X classified it as a form of selective telepathy when I enrolled." Janice said doing her best to explain her ability as best she'd been told it works years before. "If I link up with a computer I can reprogram it. In the Danger Room I mostly used my ability to change targeting parameters or just tell things to shut off. Of course the more advanced the system, the less likely it is to fully cooperate with me."

She thought back to her interview with Ms. Potts, and once again called on her inner Cat Grant to say further, with a more confident tone. "And I know you have to be a good read of people to be where you are, have what you do. That's why I know you have to read that I want to use my talents for good. I'm only human and I've made mistakes, but even when it just meant helping people at a repair shop I took the job seriously. Here at Stark, I know I can do a lot more than repair a broken cellphone to maybe make someone's day better."

@Michale CS

"I'm mostly an engineer, but my ability allows me to program in a way most can't. Professor X classified it as a form of selective telepathy when I enrolled." Janice said doing her best to explain her ability as best she'd been told it works years before. "If I link up with a computer I can reprogram it. In the Danger Room I mostly used my ability to change targeting parameters or just tell things to shut off. Of course the more advanced the system, the less likely it is to fully cooperate with me."

"Impressive. And it explains a lot, actually." He pulls up a holographic screen in front of him. "You've been on my radar for awhile. You're wasting your talents shorting banks a few bucks. I have a running total. You're going to be paying that back. Your salary... Ballpark? About 12k a month. Ten percent off the top to charity until that's paid back. Less than a year."

He shrugged. "You'll have thirty hours a week you have to be here. Your choice on days. Except Mondays. Two hours of training at Avengers Tower. Time to be determined once I get the schedule of your tutor. You can still back out. What do you say?"

@Ms.Ezra

"You've been on my radar for awhile. You're wasting your talents shorting banks a few bucks. I have a running total. You're going to be paying that back. Your salary... Ballpark? About 12k a month. Ten percent off the top to charity until that's paid back. Less than a year."
Janice almost wished she could have died in that moment. Had she really been on his radar that long? And she slunk in her chair hearing she'd be paying it all back. So much for paying off those loans she thought, until he estimated her monthly salary. Then she straightened back up. "Yes. I will gladly pay it all back. To be honest it never felt good. I swear I heard Professors Summers and Xavier in my head scolding me every time. Which....now that I think about it is entirely possible and how you've known about me." She left out the question of why he hadn't approached her. Would seem really ungrateful.

"You'll have thirty hours a week you have to be here. Your choice on days. Except Mondays. Two hours of training at Avengers Tower. Time to be determined once I get the schedule of your tutor. You can still back out. What do you say?"

"About that.....and please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't want to be an Avenger if this is also a recruitment for the team. I don't know if the Professor has told you but I walked away from the X-Men for a reason, and if I walk back into a team, I want it to be on my terms. You understand, right?"

@Michale CS

Janice almost wished she could have died in that moment. Had she really been on his radar that long? And she slunk in her chair hearing she'd be paying it all back. So much for paying off those loans she thought, until he estimated her monthly salary. Then she straightened back up. "Yes. I will gladly pay it all back. To be honest it never felt good. I swear I heard Professors Summers and Xavier in my head scolding me every time. Which....now that I think about it is entirely possible and how you've known about me." She left out the question of why he hadn't approached her. Would seem really ungrateful.
"Ah ye of little faith in how paranoid I can be. Any abnormality in computer systems that seems a repeated pattern - I have FRIDAY look into it. Then, it's just a matter of looking at ATM cameras..."

"About that.....and please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't want to be an Avenger if this is also a recruitment for the team. I don't know if the Professor has told you but I walked away from the X-Men for a reason, and if I walk back into a team, I want it to be on my terms. You understand, right?"
"And I don't want you to either. Actually, the thought of you being on a team kind of scares me. The number of times we've had a team member turn on us via alien virus, mind control, or crazy... stabby... glowy staff is inordinately high. No, I want you very good at your skills so you can crank out lots of good inventions for Stark Enterprises and become an insanely rich woman, and make me even more insanely rich. So. We got a deal?"

He stood up and moved over to Janice, sticking out his hand to her.

@Ms. Ezra

• Bucket of Rainbows
On the TV was a news report about a recent attack on the Iceberg Lounge.

"Terror shook Gotham tonight as Garflield Lynnes, better known as the villain Firefly, attacked the Iceberg Lounge, owned by Oswald Cobblepot. The attack started at approximately 9:00 pm when Firefly began attacking the lounge. Luckily, several heroes were in the area to stop the assailant before he could spread his terror any further. Lynnes has been since taken in for questioning, but the Commisioner Gordon refused to comment at this time. Back to you, Tom."
And elsewhere in New York City, another figure heard it as he indulged in a little hobby. Atop the building that acted as the Foot Clan's headquarters, the Shredder had in indulged in a Japanese Garden. A breath of fresh air in the city of New York, tailored to the old ways and used for training among other purposes. It was also a favorite place for his wife and his daughter to train or meditate. For him? He enjoyed it for a very particular hobby.

And watching his falcon dive and strike at a rat, Shredder fondly imagined a more massive one in a similar state.

3973189-koya_falcon.jpg

Bearing her bloody prize to her master, Shredder chuckled at her gift, taking her over to a special perch in which to devour her prize. He wiped his hands on a cloth and contemplated the situation. New York City was slowly, but surely becoming the landscape beneath that he so wished for. Every gang member with a new, shiny toy and greed being a high motivator. Just look at Gotham City now, twisted by its own darkness. So very much like how the Foot Clan operated. Give a man enough rope and he will eventually tie his own noose.

The bounties provided the open prize...The guns, provoked a sense of power. Both combined made for a dangerous combination and one to sweep the city all over. And while the loss of his Elite as well as Hun was considerable, it was workable and allowed him a much needed opportunity to walk the streets himself. To ensure his genin and minions that he had gained his position through personal strength and knowledge, as savage and quick as his beloved Koya.

Still, he couldn't expect this to last forever.

Shredder headed back inside, back to his chambers as he narrowed his eyes. The supposed lack of activity on the Foot Clan's end here would....Spark some question eventually. And when it did? Heh....He'd be ready.

He had all the time in the world...​

Appearing in the room laid out for her Azalia closed her eyes and sighed. Illyana and her parting ways the red head turned and began to look around her room. It wasn't anything special but it was a roof and that was all she cared about. After all, worldly things could easily come into her hands. Sitting down on the bed she put her hands out before laying back. Arms flopping to both sides she turned to one side and began to roll back and forth almost child like. Giggling she finally snapped out of it and sat up. Clearing her throat she rose to her feet, spun around and put her hands on the bed. Shifting and writhing the material of the bed itself began to change.

Room beginning to shift next the very floor seemed to move, the floor changed color and composition but did not leave the confines of the area she was working in. Whispers could be heard in the room as the air took on a soupy feeling. The pain she was experiencing while dreadful, was for once taken by the girl in a stride. Tearing up she didn't cry but luckily, the room was finished soon enough. Falling to her knees the girl rolled over onto the floor and groaned. Curling up she began to cough as the temperature of the room plummeted. Closing her eyes she let her head rest against the floor as several rabbits appeared from out of no where.

Snickering their mouthes twisted into a dark grin. Shaking her head Azalia was to weak to move, her head ringing and her mind stretched. Putting her head down she grumbled but, sadly she was helpless in this situation. And, so it started with her newly made room. Luckily, the effects were limited but they continued to spew forth as Azalia worked to pull herself back. Azazel worked to stem the flow but, soon enough the rabbits burst out into the hallway cackling and wailing like banshees. Their laughing could be heard echoing through the hallways but soon seemed to lower before screaming could be heard. The rabbits that all ran out soon began to swarm down the hallway making even more noise before heading straight for a open door.

Stuffing themselves into the room like clowns into a clown car their otherworldly physique allowed them to stretch beyond mainstream physics. Down the hallway a shadow seemed to loom before it stopped in front of the door. Silenced followed before the slight clicking of the door was heard. Silence once more followed and the rabbits were gone. Rolling over at the relief of feeling the rabbits gone the red head put her hands on her head. The room was a mess and she didn't know what the rabbits managed to do in the minutes they had free reign to themselves.

@Michale CS

Appearing in the room laid out for her Azalia closed her eyes and sighed. Illyana and her parting ways the red head turned and began to look around her room. It wasn't anything special but it was a roof and that was all she cared about. After all, worldly things could easily come into her hands. Sitting down on the bed she put her hands out before laying back. Arms flopping to both sides she turned to one side and began to roll back and forth almost child like. Giggling she finally snapped out of it and sat up. Clearing her throat she rose to her feet, spun around and put her hands on the bed. Shifting and writhing the material of the bed itself began to change.

Room beginning to shift next the very floor seemed to move, the floor changed color and composition but did not leave the confines of the area she was working in. Whispers could be heard in the room as the air took on a soupy feeling. The pain she was experiencing while dreadful, was for once taken by the girl in a stride. Tearing up she didn't cry but luckily, the room was finished soon enough. Falling to her knees the girl rolled over onto the floor and groaned. Curling up she began to cough as the temperature of the room plummeted. Closing her eyes she let her head rest against the floor as several rabbits appeared from out of no where.

Snickering their mouthes twisted into a dark grin. Shaking her head Azalia was to weak to move, her head ringing and her mind stretched. Putting her head down she grumbled but, sadly she was helpless in this situation. And, so it started with her newly made room. Luckily, the effects were limited but they continued to spew forth as Azalia worked to pull herself back. Azazel worked to stem the flow but, soon enough the rabbits burst out into the hallway cackling and wailing like banshees. Their laughing could be heard echoing through the hallways but soon seemed to lower before screaming could be heard. The rabbits that all ran out soon began to swarm down the hallway making even more noise before heading straight for a open door.

Stuffing themselves into the room like clowns into a clown car their otherworldly physique allowed them to stretch beyond mainstream physics. Down the hallway a shadow seemed to loom before it stopped in front of the door. Silenced followed before the slight clicking of the door was heard. Silence once more followed and the rabbits were gone. Rolling over at the relief of feeling the rabbits gone the red head put her hands on her head. The room was a mess and she didn't know what the rabbits managed to do in the minutes they had free reign to themselves.

@Michale CS
Courtney and Billy both stepped into the room. Billy immediately ran over to Azalia and gave her a hug. Courtney was in her full Stargirl outfit complete with staff and looked as if she'd been fighting. "I've decided that Billy is going to be your roommate, Azalia. Billy and I had to work a bit to clean your mess today, and since he doesn't mind your rabbits and they don't seem to be able to hurt him - and the rabbits seem to like him anyway, he might be able to help you keep them more contained."

Somehow she still had that smile on her face, though it was apparent it was just a bit strained. "Is that all right with you, Azalia?"

@Angelic Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.