3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
1.jpg

Metropolis. The city most held up to symbolize the American dream. Liberty and Independence, Delaware's motto. Held tightly to by Metropolisians (or Metropolites, the terms are in about equal use).
A city shaped by its savior, Superman. A symbol of how one man can accomplish anything, and do the right thing, despite the outside pressures of the world and opposition.
Not that Metropolis doesn't have its dark side, it's ugly side. Many of its villains sit in glass skyscrapers, enacting their evils from inside of board rooms and on conference calls
There's a dark side to Metropolis. It just gets a new coat of paint and some shiny chrome to hide it.

Welcome to Metropolis.

LIke what you see? Join Epic Crossover!

Felicity paused and considered what her father was saying. He seemed to be offering up his place of work to use as a front, but she knew that was a dangerous idea. Her father had proven himself untrustworthy time and time again, it wasn't like she didn't expect it to be any different. There was a reason he had listened to her mother and she was almost certain that she knew why.

@Michale CS

James looked at him. " It has been a long time since I had a good meal."

@Gands
Felicity was happy that he agreed with her and was about to make a suggestion, but she noticed that he was listening to her father.

Felicity looked at him and considered the question for a moment. " Felicity works fine for me. Ms. Smoak is my mom," she said to him, hoping that he was about to ask her the one question that she didn't want to hear. She noticed that he was following her father, it looked like she was going to be stuck here with Joe and her father for a while. If someone wasn't dead or she hadn't stormed out within the hour, she would consider it as a miracle. She wasn't going to argue with the man, seeing as she didn't have much of a choice. She wanted to find the technopath.

@Sir Kaltao

Felicity paused and considered what her father was saying. He seemed to be offering up his place of work to use as a front, but she knew that was a dangerous idea. Her father had proven himself untrustworthy time and time again, it wasn't like she didn't expect it to be any different. There was a reason he had listened to her mother and she was almost certain that she knew why.

@Michale CS
Felicity looked at him and considered the question for a moment. " Felicity works fine for me. Ms. Smoak is my mom," she said to him, hoping that he was about to ask her the one question that she didn't want to hear. She noticed that he was following her father, it looked like she was going to be stuck here with Joe and her father for a while. If someone wasn't dead or she hadn't stormed out within the hour, she would consider it as a miracle. She wasn't going to argue with the man, seeing as she didn't have much of a choice. She wanted to find the technopath.

@Sir Kaltao
And so, after a short time they all ended up in the back room of the repair shop, with a very impressive looking set of computers and multiple monitors.

"As you know, Felicity, any time a computer is accessed, there's no way to completely erase the traces of that remotely outside of damaging the host machine - and since our technopath has accessed a number of internet connected devices..."

He knew she knew the rest.

we can put together those traces to come up with a method of locating or tracking the source of the intrusion.

@Sir Kaltao @LuckycoolHawk9

Eden Haller - Psyhawk

A quick morning trip into shiny metropolis brings me to Kettles, a well thought of family restaurant in downtown Metropolis. Unable to help myself, I start analyzing the place. most of the employees have a family resemblance, there is a pride of ownership about the place. I start to relax and order a coffee.

@Michale CS

Eden Haller - Psyhawk

A quick morning trip into shiny metropolis brings me to Kettles, a well thought of family restaurant in downtown Metropolis. Unable to help myself, I start analyzing the place. most of the employees have a family resemblance, there is a pride of ownership about the place. I start to relax and order a coffee.

@Michale CS

Cardiff walks in and over to join Eden. "Eden. It's been too long. How's life on the outside?"

She settles in and immediately waves the waitress over, ordering iced tea to start off.

@Gands

Eden Haller. -. Psyhawk

"Things have been an odd mix of boring and Hectic bordering on crazy."

"For example ( she pulls out a folder full of pictures) look at these. Taken at the Paradise in Harlem. Here is Cottonmouth, greeting a trio of women. In the background there is an ex con called Captain Boomerang with a trio of overdressed ninjas. Now taking it all in at once none of them are fighting each other. "

She takes a drink of hot tea.

"Now, Jill, this is odd because, this woman, is Talia Al Ghul, daughter of a former leader of a high powered group of assassin's. Intel believes she is the primary field advocate of the Kingpin, Wilson Fisk. "

Look at these pictures over here, something is going on inside, something bad, you see the people running outside ?

And here the last set..this one with Talia and one of her girls shuffling Cottonmouth outside, all over him..bodyguarding him. The final picture, wide scale.. Ninjas everywhere...With their leader. From the Foot clan, The Shredder. Notice, now Talia is no longer Guarding Cottonmouth ?"

"Too much of a coincidence Jill. On top of that..The madness in Gotham city. "

"I tried sending these pics to Coulson.. not even a reply. Fury did send a good work message, but nothing else. "

"I believe these people are allied somehow and it in some way tangled up with Gotham. "

"Have you seen any reports of aid being sent in ?"

@Michale CS

Eden Haller. -. Psyhawk

"Things have been an odd mix of boring and Hectic bordering on crazy."

"For example ( she pulls out a folder full of pictures) look at these. Taken at the Paradise in Harlem. Here is Cottonmouth, greeting a trio of women. In the background there is an ex con called Captain Boomerang with a trio of overdressed ninjas. Now taking it all in at once none of them are fighting each other. "

She takes a drink of hot tea.

"Now, Jill, this is odd because, this woman, is Talia Al Ghul, daughter of a former leader of a high powered group of assassin's. Intel believes she is the primary field advocate of the Kingpin, Wilson Fisk. "

Look at these pictures over here, something is going on inside, something bad, you see the people running outside ?

And here the last set..this one with Talia and one of her girls shuffling Cottonmouth outside, all over him..bodyguarding him. The final picture, wide scale.. Ninjas everywhere...With their leader. From the Foot clan, The Shredder. Notice, now Talia is no longer Guarding Cottonmouth ?"

"Too much of a coincidence Jill. On top of that..The madness in Gotham city. "

"I tried sending these pics to Coulson.. not even a reply. Fury did send a good work message, but nothing else. "

"I believe these people are allied somehow and it in some way tangled up with Gotham. "

"Have you seen any reports of aid being sent in ?"

@Michale CS

"The opposite, actually. We've been told to stand down and wait. Someone towards the top knows this is the tip of the iceberg, and is pointedly keeping SHIELD out of this for now. Coulson is actually working on a project that has him... Way out of the office right now. If you follow - cause that's all I got too. Im here with Hercules covering for Big Blue whom I suspect is with Coulson but no way to confirm."

She shrugged. "Also, once this hush-hush project goes online? You're on the short list of operatives for a new team, scuttlebutt is."

@Gands

Eden Haller. -. Psyhawk

" Forgive me Jill, You are I think, the only person who believes that. I am always the last person picked for anything."

"What do you think of my theory ?"

@Michale CS

Eden Haller. -. Psyhawk

" Forgive me Jill, You are I think, the only person who believes that. I am always the last person picked for anything."

"What do you think of my theory ?"

@Michale CS
"I don't deny that it looks like there's a lot of back room deals going on, but SHIELD's got its orders to stay out of this gang war until it settles down. I don't like it, but apparently there's something brewing here in Metropolis that we're not privy to yet either, so... Hercules and I are here for the time being."

@Gands

Eden Haller. -Psyhawk

"Typical goverment, people hurt, dying and no one with the decency to alleviate suffering. Jill, you have officially been working in government too long. All right, I'm done. No more tilting windmills. If I want to do something, I will go down to Gotham myself. Anyone in authority will probably say, who the hell are you, get out of our town and frustrate me more.

"So.. Hercules ? Seriously ?" He doesn't seem the type. "

@Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
Eden Haller. -Psyhawk

"Typical goverment, people hurt, dying and no one with the decency to alleviate suffering. Jill, you have officially been working in government too long. All right, I'm done. No more tilting windmills. If I want to do something, I will go down to Gotham myself. Anyone in authority will probably say, who the hell are you, get out of our town and frustrate me more.

"So.. Hercules ? Seriously ?" He doesn't seem the type. "

@Michale CS

"I just know how to pick my battles, Eden. I go Bruce Willis yip-ee-kai-ay into Gotham, I just make SHIELD look like the loose cannons the gentlemen in the blue ties paint us to be. I happen to know that Stark has someone there, a newcomer, low profile, and I might have had a little to do with the fact that we got Steve Rogers especially aware of the situation - he's probably there by now." Jill took a sip of her drink.

"And as far as Hercules? He's smarter than you might think. We just came off of a case in LA, which is why it took me so long to get back to you."

@Gands

Reactions: Gands
Eden Haller. -. Psyhawk.

As Jill talks to her, she appears to calm herself.

" You are probably right, damnit. If you would, let the powers that be, that I would be willing to go in on a moment's notice to help on that from, as someone not obviously associated with Shield"

After Jill explains about Hercules, Eden looks at her appraisingly.

"Ok, got it, still surprising though !"

@Michale CS

Eden Haller. -. Psyhawk.

As Jill talks to her, she appears to calm herself.

" You are probably right, damnit. If you would, let the powers that be, that I would be willing to go in on a moment's notice to help on that from, as someone not obviously associated with Shield"

After Jill explains about Hercules, Eden looks at her appraisingly.

"Ok, got it, still surprising though !"

@Michale CS
"I'll do that. Just be careful. There's a lot of big players, all moving at the same time. Coulson is a lot less willing to let collateral damage occur. Fury operated with a much higher cost of doing business. So, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't have a covert team already in Gotham, ready to be disavowed as official if they're caught. But the probably won't be caught - He knows how to pick good people."

@Gands

Felicity wasn't surprised that her father had a collection of computers hidden in his back room. She half expected it when it came to the egotistical man quite honestly

Felicity tried her best to not roll her eyes. She knew all of this, but leave it to her father to treat as she knew nothing about hacking into computers and this was her first rodeo. She had combatted him, though it had taken some effort to say the least

" Yeah, Thanks. I know all that. Let's get started," she said, going over to one of his computers.

@Michale CS @Sir Kaltao

Hercules

Still sitting at the table, outside of the little coffee shop across the street with the other young man. Now nursing a third hot chocolate.

" You know lad, I don't think that gal is getting anything fixed, do you ?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS

Joe whistled when he saw the computer room and settled on a chair, then watched the exchange between father and daughter with a little annoyance, but kept quiet until they were done.

"Thanks for helping out Felicity. All I know for computers is the 'off-on fix' and Microsoft Office." He thanked the woman and took out his pack of cigarettes, but remembered his manners. "Anyone mind if I light up?" He asked with a small flame popping up from the tip of his right thumb.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

• Thank You
Joe whistled when he saw the computer room and settled on a chair, then watched the exchange between father and daughter with a little annoyance, but kept quiet until they were done.

"Thanks for helping out Felicity. All I know for computers is the 'off-on fix' and Microsoft Office." He thanked the woman and took out his pack of cigarettes, but remembered his manners. "Anyone mind if I light up?" He asked with a small flame popping up from the tip of his right thumb.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9
"Yes." came the immediate response. "If you want to smoke you can do it outside, or at least in the lobby. That smell lingers, and I won't have it hanging around where I work."

Turning to Felicity, he continued. "So, I think what we have to do is work together, and that one of us needs to be the decoy. I'll volunteer to do that and go after the most obvious access points on my isolated machine." the Calculator moved over to what looked to be the only computer that would be out of place at Stark Enterprises, a small netbook that didn't have any links to the rest of his computers and fired up its browser. "We'll both start tracking, Felicity... take all of your usual precautions and then some... I'll be the high profile target. Once our culprit locks on to me, you can trace them using their attack on me as a guide." He pointed to a sticky note on one of the other machines, his main one that he was asking Felicity to use - "That's the MAC address of this little burner Chromebook."

He looked back at Hellrunner. "In layman's terms, I'm going in sloppy, waving my hands. Once our hacker comes out to stop me, Felicity tracks him to where he came from."

@Sir Kaltao @LuckycoolHawk9

Felicity was about to mention that she didn't like the smell of smoke, but it seemed that her father had beaten her to the punch on that note. She wasn't going to thank him though.

Felicity wasn't about to argue about her father being the decoy, she would prefer it to be him. She knew that she was working with him, but there was a small part that wanted to undermine him. Perhaps it was the bit of rage from abandoning her or hacking her or the countless other horrible things he had done to her. She looked over at the notebook and saw that it was the most obvious Trojan horse, but she supposed that the hacker wouldn't be too bright to be hacking another hacker. She took all her usual precautions setting up the trap. She looked over at the sticky note that was on the computer. She knew that it was important and didn't say a word to him about it. She looked over at him and waited for the things to be set into motion. There was nothing else left to do. She just had to wait for him.

Her dad had indeed given Hellrunner the simplest version of what was happening, she knew that he wanted him to understand, but she also wasn't going to make any unnecessary comments.

@Michale CS

The more time they sat on the counter, the more uneasy James started to feel about the whole situation. This man was making him uncomfortable.

" Maybe it was one of those long on the spot fixes," he said, as his shield went up. Stupid power, he tried to take it down.

@Michale CS @Gands

Hercules

" Alright lad, might as well be on your way I suppose. Kinda like this, a chance acquaintance ends up in my new city, goes into a fix it shop and is spending a lot of time in there. So, on the remote chance there is something wrong, I will wait and watch a while longer.
You however, are free to go. You've been very patient. I would still like to buy your dinner sometime, if you're willing. "

The big man was at ease, reaching into his pocket to pull out a small roll of bills. Handing the young man the rubber banded bills.

" Look lad, I've been in some dark places over the years. Sometimes you need a little help to climb out of the shadows. This should cover a few nights in a motel and a few days meals if you are careful. If you need more, come and see me please. "

Hercules hands him a business Card.

The big man remained watching the tiny front of the repair shop, ordering a sandwich and another big mug of hot chocolate.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Sir Kaltao @Michale CS

"Yes." came the immediate response. "If you want to smoke you can do it outside, or at least in the lobby. That smell lingers, and I won't have it hanging around where I work."
"Can do, Mister." Joe replied in his half-hearted impression of a kid from the 50's and getting up.

He looked back at Hellrunner. "In layman's terms, I'm going in sloppy, waving my hands. Once our hacker comes out to stop me, Felicity tracks him to where he came from."
Joe nodded and gave them both a thumbs-up. "You two do that, I'll hop out outside for a smoke."

Once outside, Joe quickly lit up and leaned against the wall of the shop. He didn't know if the smoking was a hold-over from his previous life or new, but he knew for certain it didn't harm him like normal and, in situations like this, helped calm him down. He was feeling restless, knowing back in Gotham there were more exciting things happening. But the breach of his mission couldn't be tolerated, hence why he was enduring the old man. A passing man about his age stopped and asked, rather politely "Hey buddy, you got one I can bum?"

Happy for some politeness, Joe gladly obliged. "God bless, man." He smiled and crossed himself then went about his day. Joe smirked and took a long drag then said while out of earshot "Yeah, sure, 'God bless' ."

@Michale CS
@Gands
@LuckycoolHawk9

Reactions: Gands
Hercules

Sitting at the café, within easy sight of the tiny electronics shop, Hercules noticed the man emerge from within and now taking his ease outside. Since the big man was already using it to play solitaire, he switched it to camera mode to take a picture of Joe as he was smoking there. He gave it a date and time and went back to solitaire.

Probably nothing. He thought to himself. Still, it bugged him that she had been in there so long..

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Sir Kaltao

Status
Not open for further replies.