3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
1.jpg

Metropolis. The city most held up to symbolize the American dream. Liberty and Independence, Delaware's motto. Held tightly to by Metropolisians (or Metropolites, the terms are in about equal use).
A city shaped by its savior, Superman. A symbol of how one man can accomplish anything, and do the right thing, despite the outside pressures of the world and opposition.
Not that Metropolis doesn't have its dark side, it's ugly side. Many of its villains sit in glass skyscrapers, enacting their evils from inside of board rooms and on conference calls
There's a dark side to Metropolis. It just gets a new coat of paint and some shiny chrome to hide it.

Welcome to Metropolis.

LIke what you see? Join Epic Crossover!

James was used to the names. He was shocked when he had the hand grab him though. Instinctively, he blew up a nearby light. He didn't mean too. " I don't have to tell you," he replied.

@Gands

Hercules

He side glances at the blown out light.

"You don't think so?

He pulls out a Shield badge to show James.

"Shall we test this theory lad ?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

" I must certainly have time to deal with some technopath or hacker. Oliver can wait... and the company can wait another day," she said. She knew that she was falling into his trap, there was no denying that but she wasn't about to admit that. She felt her pocket and just noticed that something was missing. The other flash drive. Was she seriously that easy to pick pocket without noticing? She hadn't bumped- oh wait, Brown hair had bumped into her, god damn she hated that she had missed that.

Felicity looked over at the screen, knowing that she was doing this for her too. She really shouldn't be doing this, he was bound to disappoint her.

"See, this list is a little dated. I've been on the straight and narrow for some time, so I don't have access to, say, SHIELD's or ARGUS' files. You wouldn't know anyone like that, would you, Felicity?"

@Sir Kaltao @LuckycoolHawk9

James curses a bit under his breath at his luck. That question always spelt trouble for him. He was mad, a Shield agent, fuck his life, fuck it to high hell. " Well, you see, I thought I saw someone who hurt me in the past. Just paranoid."

@Gands

"See, this list is a little dated. I've been on the straight and narrow for some time, so I don't have access to, say, SHIELD's or ARGUS' files. You wouldn't know anyone like that, would you, Felicity?"
If Felicity had any doubts that she was being manipulated before, she knew for certain. He wanted his knowledge, curse her for thinking he cared. " I do know people in their area, but I am not sure if I trust you with that information."

@Michale CS @Sir Kaltao

Hercules

"Seems reasonable Lad. Have a seat, I'll buy you a coffee. We'll see if he or she comes to bother you. You point them out and we'll perhaps do something to help you out "

I put my badge away, generally not taking my eyes of James.

"That reminds me, what do I call you ? "

@LuckycoolHawk9

If Felicity had any doubts that she was being manipulated before, she knew for certain. He wanted his knowledge, curse her for thinking he cared. " I do know people in their area, but I am not sure if I trust you with that information."

"Then... Tell him."
He pointed at Joe. "He's the guy who came to me about the hacker. He hasn't harmed me in any way, our hacker. So... I could just leave you two to work it out, if you don't trust me..."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Sir Kaltao

" Not that big of a coffee drinker, I prefer to have some tea if I am going to be honest. Tastes better and not nearly as addictive. I prefer not to get the crippling headaches." James noticed that Hercules was looking at him. Was he suspicious?

" James," he said, once again not giving away his last name.

@Gands

Felicity had some more trust in the other man then her father. But she wasn't about to foolishly believe that he was not working for her father. " Don't leave, I want him to prove to me that he is not working for you."

@Michale CS @Sir Kaltao

James could easily lie to the man He could tell him that he lived there his whole life. " Yeah, I am new in town," he said back to the man quietly.

@Gands

Hercules

The big man smiles.

"Good, that makes two of us. "

The waitress at this street cafe brings you your tea & my hot chocolate.

"Any sign of that person who was bothering you ?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

James weakly smiles back to him. He hated the idea of having anything in common with a SHIELD agent. He looked at the tea and was silent, taking a sip of it and trying to act cool. " Nope, I don't see any sign of that. I guess I was just being paranoid after all."

@Gands

Thoughout the interaction between father and daughter, Joe had actually been trying not to listen but that was next to impossible. When addressed by both, he turned away from the racks of merchandise, and to at least diffuse the tension within himself from being caught in the middle of their family issues, pretended to look around for someone else.

"Me? I'm not working for him, he's not being an ass and lying. This time. I'm working for someone else, and would really appreciate the help from someone I could get along with." Joe had taken momentary notice of the rather muscular man accosting another man outside through the windows, but dismissed them once they went elsewhere. The bigger had been very familiar though.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

Hercules

I take a selfy with both of us in it, smiling and posing very touristy.

"Alright James, thanks for spending some time with me. I appreciate your patience. You can go whenever you like. If you start having any issues, give me a call, ok?".

I give James one of my new business cards.

I continue to sit across from the shop Felicity went into. Enjoying my hot chocolate.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Sir Kaltao

Felicity was waiting for his answer. She had grown not to trust many people, and unlike others, she couldn't read emotions or detect lies on her side. She wondered if he was even paying attention to their conversation or if he was trying to ignore them, which would be the smarter move. She didn't want anyone to know everything about her not great relationship

" I would ask if you were going through legal channels, but seeing as you are here, talking to my father, I am going to presume that the answer to that question is a big fat no," she said, being very matter of fact about the matter. She did notice that he was looking out the window, but wasn't about to ask what he was looking at. " So, I will work with you. I think we need a place to meet first, that isn't here," she dryly said.

@Michale CS @Sir Kaltao

James was not happy about the idea that someone was going to have his picture.

" I think I am going to stick around for a bit. I just remembered that I have something to give back to someone and I think I just saw them," he said to the other man, hoping Felicity would believe his lie.

James took one of the business cards in his hand.

James drank his tea, watching the door hoping she didn't jump to the right conclusion.

@Gands

"Well now I realize that this place isn't a secret lair like I presume people like the Bat and the Arrow have, but you're turning down the computers I have in the back that are directly connected by multiple anonymous fiber optic connections to the internet..." He turned and walked back behind the counter to the back of the store without another word...

@Sir Kaltao @LuckycoolHawk9

Hercules

(( Text to Cardiff) Do you know a woman, dark blond with glasses, slim, goes by Felicity, I believe her to be special. Saw her nearby. )
((Text continuing) sending pictureof himself with James. Check this guy out, seems suspicious Hercules out"))

Hercules

(( Text to Cardiff) Do you know a woman, dark blond with glasses, slim, goes by Felicity, I believe her to be special. Saw her nearby. )
((Text continuing) sending pictureof himself with James. Check this guy out, seems suspicious Hercules out"))

[fieldbox="Cardiff, yellow, dotted"]Felicity and I go way back. If she's in Metropolis something must be up. I can contact her if you want? And I'll run the other through facial recognition.[/fieldbox]

@Gands

Hercules

(( Text to Cardiff) I saw her just as she was going into some electronics shop, I was just waiting for her to finish up, but she have been in there several minutes now. I met her some time back in a magical Irish bar. I think this guy is waiting too. Maybe invite her to dinner ? )

{To James}

When's the last time you had a good meal Lad ?

" I would ask if you were going through legal channels, but seeing as you are here, talking to my father, I am going to presume that the answer to that question is a big fat no," she said, being very matter of fact about the matter. She did notice that he was looking out the window, but wasn't about to ask what he was looking at. " So, I will work with you. I think we need a place to meet first, that isn't here," she dryly said.
"Fair, I guess." Joe shrugged and was starting to think about how to go about getting an adequate place to meet up.

"Well now I realize that this place isn't a secret lair like I presume people like the Bat and the Arrow have, but you're turning down the computers I have in the back that are directly connected by multiple anonymous fiber optic connections to the internet..." He turned and walked back behind the counter to the back of the store without another word...
"But, Felicity-can I call you Felicity or do you prefer Ms. Smoak?-I don't really have time to scour Metropolis for a secure meeting spot, and since you're working with me neither would you, so I'm just gonna throw this out there." He then said while following her father :"You're never too old or bitter to get help from your folks." He left out the 'not that I'd know' to preserve a sense of confidence in the location they'd been offered. Joe often made up sayings like that pieced together from his previous life. Maybe he had heard it. He couldn't tell.

@Michale CS
@LuckycoolHawk9

Status
Not open for further replies.