• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michale CS

Ignorance of grammar is not an excuse.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Evenings, Pacific Time
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Body Parts
yellow Power Level: Talented Human to Enhanced (@Ringmaster @Gands Sections BUT if you have any questions on using a particular character, send a PM to @Ringmaster regarding the bulk of this event!),

red Enhanced to Superhuman ( LIMITED @Michale CS sections, your mileage may vary, and it will be a SMALL role in the overall plot, just to include those who are outside the range but whose PCs are in the area IC )

Look/Feel: [ Mob War/Riot - Marvel's Netflix MCU level ] No player cap!

This is an invite-only RP, but everyone in Epic Crossover is already considered invited! Note this is a major event with THREE GMS, @Gands @Michale CS and @Ringmaster. All collaboration to be handled in an Iwaku Conversation or on Discord.

'Nuff Said!

[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Grady Murtaugh

It's been a bad couple of nights and I get the feeling it will only get worse. Now a whole host of people in costumes getting involved. Some of them might actually be heroes. Some of them only look smart, act smart but are not street smart.

Someone is pulling the strings

I am at the no name bar, The folks here are restless, no masks or capes tonight. Word has gotten around about a bounty.

I get a text from April. Raylene was at my place feasting on Ice cream. Yeah, it's been a tough night all over.

I hope Blue Bird shows up soon and with out her little hotheaded spider friend.
@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore
Harper soon showed up after their little conversation had ended. She stepped over to the jukebox and played this song, as it the last one was over:

She then stepped over to Grady and Taskmaster before taking a seat on the stool. "Nice place. What's Jack Skellington's freaky cousin doing here?" Harper asked as she rested her elbow on Gands' shoulder nonchalantly.

@Gands @Michale CS

"Cassie."

Her reaction was nil when yet another mysterious figure stepped forth from the shadows to address her that night. Only this one wasn't so mysterious, having forgone even the old stitched-together mask for a new look that didn't seem all-too concerned with concealing her face. How familiar. It was impossible to glean what complex thoughts passed through her enhanced mind in the span of seconds as Cassandra made her intentions further clear, but there was nothing complex about what happened whenever the bat-aligned hero came close enough.

"What a comforting thought. The smile you left on my throat is just gleaming. Trouble is--"

cUfGVFL.png

A fist snapped out at metahuman speeds to try and clock her in the jaw the instant she turned to nod at GG, Rose moving for a swift and immediate KO by sucker punch.

"--the LAST thing either of us need is a BAT weighing us down!"
And there it was. Not entirely unexpected, given the past. Turning her full attention to the other would have been a mistake, given that. Not to mention the hostility Rose clearly carried. Miniscule things that most people couldn't read, but she could. Not of the mind, or of speech, but of the body. The tensing of muscle right before the blow was thrown gave her warning. Even trained as Rose was to not give away such things, Cassandra was trained even more so to spot it. A good thing too, given Rose's speed and strength advantage. Her arm rose up preemptively, parrying the blow by pushing it aside using her own strength and Rose's momentum. A move she followed through with by...

Leaping backward to give them some room.

"I didn't come to fight." Cassandra stated, attempting to pacify the situation. "You bear a grudge for the scar. I understand, but there will be no apology. I did what the situation dictated. You were not of right mind. I could have chosen to kill you. I did not." Her impassive expression dropped, a hint of a frown at the edge of her mouth.

"You could have killed me as well, when I was in a very similar situation. An attitude I would have understood, given what I was forced to do. We may have been enemies of circumstance once, but for now we desire the same thing. Working together is recommended." That said, Cassandra fell into a combat stance. She was clearly expecting Rose to strike further.

"You believe I will weigh you down. Let me show you why that is not so."

@OrlandoBloomers @Ms.Ezra

Grady

"Hey, Blue..welcome to our little party. Taskmaster was smart enough to track me down here without much help. So I suppose we can include him.

This is what I've got.This really started a couple of nights ago. Three purple dragons where at a dry cleaner in Big Patrick's territory trying to burn him out when I caught them.

They hurt me pretty badly, but I am pretty durable. The different groups in Gotham are very territorial., So raids like this are..rare. The next night we had two incidents. One, a burning building, where drug support stuff was made in Thornes territory. Then, a group of the purple guys were killed by the Joker, who in turn was attacked by a martial arts tiger guy, probably some sort of ally of the purple dragons..

Following this so far ?

Then tonight, someone wants to get the local masks all worked up..low and behold, the gathering at the iceberg is attacked, by someone bragging about a reward for dead masks. None of this is good..none of it.

So, near as I can tell, Thorne is crawling into a hole and Big Patrick is more or less doing the same.

The surprise I have for you is this. ...
I have one of the purple pajama guys for you to talk to.

See, I have no experience with that. I figure one of you two can put in an assist.

By the way, for the purpose of honesty. My name is Grady Murtaugh, adapted stepson of Big Patrick. I am not mob..but I do run a security systems business and have alot of clients that might be considered mob.

I don't want my city flushed down the crapper and I am willing to put in effort to stop it.

I have some gifts. Strength and durability for one.

So what do you two say ?"

Grady

"Hey, Blue..welcome to our little party. Taskmaster was smart enough to track me down here without much help. So I suppose we can include him.

This is what I've got.This really started a couple of nights ago. Three purple dragons where at a dry cleaner in Big Patrick's territory trying to burn him out when I caught them.

They hurt me pretty badly, but I am pretty durable. The different groups in Gotham are very territorial., So raids like this are..rare. The next night we had two incidents. One, a burning building, where drug support stuff was made in Thornes territory. Then, a group of the purple guys were killed by the Joker, who in turn was attacked by a martial arts tiger guy, probably some sort of ally of the purple dragons..

Following this so far ?

Then tonight, someone wants to get the local masks all worked up..low and behold, the gathering at the iceberg is attacked, by someone bragging about a reward for dead masks. None of this is good..none of it.

So, near as I can tell, Thorne is crawling into a hole and Big Patrick is more or less doing the same.

See, I have no experience with that. I figure one of you two can put in an assist.

By the way, for the purpose of honesty. My name is Grady Murtaugh, adapted stepson of Big Patrick. I am not mob..but I do run a security systems business and have alot of clients that might be considered mob.

I don't want my city flushed down the crapper and I am willing to put in effort to stop it.

I have some gifts. Strength and durability for one.

So what do you two say ?"

Harper nodded and hummed a bit as Grady spoke. When he finished talking, she stuffed a few almonds in her mouth before extending her hand out. "Harper Row. Just a local punk from the Narrows trying to make a difference in this shithole." She then hopped up from her stool and looked at the two before placing her hands on her hips. "And I'm always up for beating up some bad guys. We gonna go pay this Purple Dragon thug a visit or this Big Patrick douche? I'm fine with either one." She smirked.

@Gands @Michale CS

She then stepped over to Grady and Taskmaster before taking a seat on the stool. "Nice place. What's Jack Skellington's freaky cousin doing here?" Harper asked as she rested her elbow on Gands' shoulder nonchalantly.

"I might have watched an CIA video or two on enhanced interrogation methods." He ignored the comment from the kid - at least she was wisecracking. That was better than Spider-Chica and Bratboy were doing tonight.

"Problem is, low end of the totem pole. Ours is not to wonder why, ours is to do or die." Taskmaster shrugged. "But if the blue bird can make the purple dragon sing, that'd be something too, wouldn't it?"

@Gands @C.T.

. "And I'm always up for beating up some bad guys. We gonna go pay this Purple Dragon thug a visit or this Big Patrick douche? I'm fine with either one." She smirked.
Tony just leaned back and waited for the explosion there. She really didn't know anything about how the underground of Gotham was organized, did she?

@Gands @C.T.

"I might have watched an CIA video or two on enhanced interrogation methods." He ignored the comment from the kid - at least she was wisecracking. That was better than Spider-Chica and Bratboy were doing tonight.

"Problem is, low end of the totem pole. Ours is not to wonder why, ours is to do or die." Taskmaster shrugged. "But if the blue bird can make the purple dragon sing, that'd be something too, wouldn't it?"

@Gands @C.T.
Harper smirked and cracked her knuckles. "So we're seeing the purple dragon guy, huh?" Harper had some experience in interrogation techniques. But this time she wasn't gonna play good cop like she did with Cobblepot.

"I've had my fair share of interrogations. All it takes is a little electroshock therapy and they're talking in five minutes." Harper snorted and looked to Grady.

"So where exactly is this guy at?"

@Gands @Michale CS

"--the LAST thing either of us need is a BAT weighing us down!"
"Well then." Janice was only a little startled when Rose took a swing at the new girl. She watched them have their moment, feeling she was physically outclassed and thus useless to physically get between them. When there was a lull as Rose was given time to consider this Cassidy's offer, she interjected.

"Okay.....I don't know much about what went on, but Rose I gotta ask. Do you want the Joker to pay for poisoning these people? If so, making this a trio is going to make this easier. Considering his rep, do you really want to bust in on the clown with just two people? I know I'm not, so I'm gonna take any help I can."

Grady

I take a deep breath.

" Harper, please consider for a moment. One, Big Patrick is my stepfather, and while I realize you have a certain way of doing things based on working with the Bat, not everyone who is mob is a douche. Second, busting heads while fun, is not always the best method of getting information, example.. me. "

"Okay, our guy is awaiting your presence at my office folks."

"Hey, I'd like to ask a favor though. Once we have the information, I'm going to take him to Gordon, so try to leave him in the same one piece he came in okay ?"

"I'm sorry, I know that I have a bat-signal but I don't just hand out information to anyone wearing a mask. But you'll find out soon enough. Everyone will." He explained in brief what the rifles did then went back to being incredibly busy. There were reports of multiple deaths unrelated to the Iceberg and he had to get units on the scene.

@york
Argent Sentinel (Lilly Briant)
@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Others?

The Sentinel nodded briefly, before she headed off, realizing that she would have to catch up on those weapons later... For the time being, though the action here was over, she decided to try and check around for any trails potential escapees might have left behind. Though she wasn't exactly rolling in tech, the least she could do is perhaps find some footprints, or a piece of cloth or something, any lead would be better than none.

She doubted this little crime spree at the iceberg was done just for kicks... And those weapons they carried didn't look like anything that would normally be manufactured even for military forces.​

Grady

I take a deep breath.

" Harper, please consider for a moment. One, Big Patrick is my stepfather, and while I realize you have a certain way of doing things based on working with the Bat, not everyone who is mob is a douche. Second, busting heads while fun, is not always the best method of getting information, example.. me. "

"Okay, our guy is awaiting your presence at my office folks."

"Hey, I'd like to ask a favor though. Once we have the information, I'm going to take him to Gordon, so try to leave him in the same one piece he came in okay ?"

Harper crossed her arms and let out a sigh. "Fine. I won't hurt the guy too badly." She said in an annoyed tone before walking out of the bar with Grady and Taskmaster.

@Gands @Michale CS

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
And there it was. Not entirely unexpected, given the past. Turning her full attention to the other would have been a mistake, given that. Not to mention the hostility Rose clearly carried. Miniscule things that most people couldn't read, but she could. Not of the mind, or of speech, but of the body. The tensing of muscle right before the blow was thrown gave her warning. Even trained as Rose was to not give away such things, Cassandra was trained even more so to spot it. A good thing too, given Rose's speed and strength advantage. Her arm rose up preemptively, parrying the blow by pushing it aside using her own strength and Rose's momentum. A move she followed through with by...

Leaping backward to give them some room.

"I didn't come to fight." Cassandra stated, attempting to pacify the situation. "You bear a grudge for the scar. I understand, but there will be no apology. I did what the situation dictated. You were not of right mind. I could have chosen to kill you. I did not." Her impassive expression dropped, a hint of a frown at the edge of her mouth.

"You could have killed me as well, when I was in a very similar situation. An attitude I would have understood, given what I was forced to do. We may have been enemies of circumstance once, but for now we desire the same thing. Working together is recommended." That said, Cassandra fell into a combat stance. She was clearly expecting Rose to strike further.

"You believe I will weigh you down. Let me show you why that is not so."

"Well then." Janice was only a little startled when Rose took a swing at the new girl. She watched them have their moment, feeling she was physically outclassed and thus useless to physically get between them. When there was a lull as Rose was given time to consider this Cassidy's offer, she interjected.

"Okay.....I don't know much about what went on, but Rose I gotta ask. Do you want the Joker to pay for poisoning these people? If so, making this a trio is going to make this easier. Considering his rep, do you really want to bust in on the clown with just two people? I know I'm not, so I'm gonna take any help I can."
"Talk talk talk. What's with that? The one thing I actually liked about you was that you kept your trap shut most of the time." Rose simply taunted back, hoping the fistful of throwing knives she whipped towards Cassandra's face and upper-mass rectified that particular problem while she just-barely turned her head to acknowledge Janice's attempt at defusing the situation.

"Please. This pointy-eared moaner and her posse of rodents are the only reason Joker's even around to pull crap like this! The only help she can give us is tips on how to let him get away and do this over and over and over again. That the kinda help you're looking for?"

@Ms.Ezra @C.T.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: C.T.

"Talk talk talk. What's with that? The one thing I actually liked about you was that you kept your trap shut most of the time." Rose simply taunted back, hoping the fistful of throwing knives she whipped towards Cassandra's face and upper-mass rectified that particular problem while she just-barely turned her head to acknowledge Janice's attempt at defusing the situation.

"Please. This pointy-eared moaner and her posse of rodents are the only reason Joker's even around to pull crap like this! The only help she can give us is tips on how to let him get away and do this over and over and over again. That the kinda help you're looking for?"

@Ms.Ezra @C.T.

As expected. Cassandra didn't even let out a breath before moving in response to the oncoming blades.

Y6gdGUt.jpg

Once all the blades had been caught, she straightened up and opened her hands to let the blades fall harmlessly to the floor with a clattering metal echo. "Done?" Cassandra questioned, not wasting any more words to dissuade Rose. They hadn't worked. If they had to fight, she would oblige and do her best to make it swift. The sooner they got through this needless drama, the quicker they could start to rectifying the Joker problem. "No escape with broken legs."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
The knives being thrown almost goaded her into action, but the new girl obviously didn't need her help. Janice groaned and approached Rose.

"Tell ya what Rose. We three get him, tie him to a chair I've jurry-rigged into an electric chair, and I walk away while you two fight over whether or not to pull the switch. Assuming Batman doesn't swoop in and make the decision for you. I will likely be taking care of a bullet wound or two by then, so that won't be my concern." Janice said, gesturing between the two and sighing. Networking computers was so much easier even without her ability.

She started walking out of the subway, saying to them , but to Rose in particular "I'm going up top and talking to any cameras in range. I'm working with anyone mature enough to come up and join me in real work."

Once out, she ran into another civilian who appeared to be going down. He was decked out in new clothes, and carrying a grocery bag of food but otherwise still looked skeevy. He saw her, and stopped in his tracks.

"Don't go down. Dead bodies." Janice warned and his face dropped. "Friends? Family?" She asked, doing her best to sound compassionate through the helmet modulator. She adjusted the levels to sound more human.

"Both...was it.....know what nevermind." He turned and started to walk back up but Janice grabbed him.

"Wait. The money you and everyone got tonight was poisoned. Why are you still alive?" She asked.

The guy dropped a bag and held up a gloved hand. "I got this thing about my hands. Always wear thick gloves."

"I know the Joker gave you this money. I need to know if you've seen him anywhere else before or since." She pressed further taking a step up. Her voice now sounded more natural but still had an electronic hum to it.

"I'm not talkin to anyone. Just leave me alone." The guy hustled up the steps but Janice used her repulsors to cut him off at the top of the steps, almost making him fall. "Come on..just let me go.."He begged.

"I'm not a thug. I just want anything to get me on his trail. Anything."

The guy looked side to side, as if expecting the Joker had his own ninjas ready to strike any moment. "I was the last to get my cut. I saw him throw on some rags, and think I saw him head that way." He pointed North up the street.

"Thank you. And toss any cash you have left from him in the nearest fire."

@C.T @OrlandoBloomers

Once all the blades had been caught, she straightened up and opened her hands to let the blades fall harmlessly to the floor with a clattering metal echo. "Done?"
0VYb3H9.png

"Nah."

Rose held up the opposite hand she had misdirected attention away from with the more blatant knife throw, the fact that she was palming a concealed device of some kind now plain to see in the exact instant she tensed her grip and brought her thumb down on the connected button.

BZZZZZZZZT

The effect was immediate. The brief mystery as to why the blades' weight distribution seemed a little uneven was solved as remote igniters housed in the metallic knives Cassandra let clatter to the floor at her feet were triggered, and all at once the whole cluster of them released an interconnected discharge of electricity designed to arc into each other; and, due to her proximity, through Cassandra herself barring any kind of bold last second counter-play. The torrent of electricity, though continuous, was non-lethal, designed to deliver just strong enough a charge to constrict muscles and bring someone to their knees without causing any permanent nerve damage.

"So deadly, but oh-so-stupid. Like I'd ever go for knives with you again. How'd that work out for me last time, dumbass?"

Gizmo Gal's words prompted a vague wave of the hand in her direction from Rose, but the Ravager's mind seemed somewhere else entirely now as she drew one of two swords from her back in a slow, meticulous motion and started to walk forwards.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. Hang around up there. This won't take five."

@Ms.Ezra @C.T.

• Nice Execution!
A clatter of noise from behind them reminded the duo what this was all about, Around a dozen men, some armed with the pulse rifles, others with Hammer tech, clambered out of the subway that had just arrived. But the leader was wearing something around his neck, some black device that fit over the trachea.

He opened his mouth and roared.

The directed sonic screamer did its job, sending the same debilitating sound waves as A certain black canary in the direction of the two combatants, while the others used the distraction to open fire on both Cassandra and Rose.

This was entirely well heard by GizmoGal.

@OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Ms.Ezra

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: C.T. and Ms.Ezra
"..." Her eyes flicked downwards momentarily, just before the electrical shock hit. The knives...of course. Rigged. The electricity coursed through her nervous system. A more efficient taser, dropping her to one knee as she twitched once or twice...before she stood up again, forcing herself to her feet through sheer force of will despite the involuntary tightening of her muscles. She had been through worse in training. Her thoughts flickered back to father's two for flinching game.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
"So deadly, but oh-so-stupid. Like I'd ever go for knives with you again. How'd that work out for me last time, dumbass?"

Gizmo Gal's words prompted a vague wave of the hand in her direction from Rose, but the Ravager's mind seemed somewhere else entirely now as she drew one of two swords from her back in a slow, meticulous motion and started to walk forwards.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. Hang around up there. This won't take five."
"Smart. Truly Deathstroke's daughter. Outwit, not outfight." Cassandra ignored the insults, just observing as Rose unsheathed sword and stepped closer. The look in her eyes...Cass didn't flinch. But she did kneel, dropping to the floor again, but of her own will. No one else's. "Do it."

aYXQs6z.png

She just hoped that--
A clatter of noise from behind them reminded the duo what this was all about, Around a dozen men, some armed with the pulse rifles, others with Hammer tech, clambered out of the subway that had just arrived. But the leader was wearing something around his neck, some black device that fit over the trachea.

The directed sonic screamer did its job, sending the same debilitating sound waves in the direction of the two combatants, while the others used the distraction to open fire on both Cassandra and Rose.

Kneeling and muscles still contracted tight left her with no other option but to withstand it. No time for evasion. The wave of sound smacked into her, knocking her along the floor as the gun shots began to follow. Ears ringing, muscles locked, a dozen armed men wielding some of that new armament. Prognosis...not good.

For them.

Cassandra pushed herself back to her feet once more, absolutely refusing to stay down. A quick batarang or two to disarm the ones in front before she rushed forward, kicks to dislocate their knees and drop them to their feet.

@OrlandoBloomers @Michale CS @Ms.Ezra

The moment she heard the action kick up two notches back down in the subway, Gizmo Gal ran down expecting Rose had fully lost it and she'd have to see how much volts it took to bring the other woman down.

"Oh this is much worse." She quickly used her power to disablw all of the pulse rifles and the sonic device around the lead man's throat. There was nothing she could do about the regular guns except keep moving.

Whipping out her knuckles and priming them with a couple thousand volts, Janice used their momentary confusion to lay into a few before they could react. She broke the arm of one, stunned him with an electric right hook to the temple, tossed him into the next guy, and picked up his pulse rifle. One command reactivated the device, and she was able to start firing into the rest.

Granted her aim was terrible, having never fired a real gun before. Much less one this advanced. But she hit a few and knocked them against a wall.

"Im. Keeping. This." She said as she started running for cover from the retalitory gunfire.

@Michale CS
@OrlandoBloomers
@C.T

The directed sonic screamer did its job, sending the same debilitating sound waves as A certain black canary in the direction of the two combatants, while the others used the distraction to open fire on both Cassandra and Rose.

"..." Her eyes flicked downwards momentarily, just before the electrical shock hit. The knives...of course. Rigged. The electricity coursed through her nervous system. A more efficient taser, dropping her to one knee as she twitched once or twice...before she stood up again, forcing herself to her feet through sheer force of will despite the involuntary tightening of her muscles. She had been through worse in training. Her thoughts flickered back to father's two for flinching game.

"Smart. Truly Deathstroke's daughter. Outwit, not outfight." Cassandra ignored the insults, just observing as Rose unsheathed sword and stepped closer. The look in her eyes...Cass didn't flinch. But she did kneel, dropping to the floor again, but of her own will. No one else's. "Do it."

aYXQs6z.png

She just hoped that--

Kneeling and muscles still contracted tight left her with no other option but to withstand it. No time for evasion. The wave of sound smacked into her, knocking her along the floor as the gun shots began to follow. Ears ringing, muscles locked, a dozen armed men wielding some of that new armament. Prognosis...not good.

For them.

Cassandra pushed herself back to her feet once more, absolutely refusing to stay down. A quick batarang or two to disarm the ones in front before she rushed forward, kicks to dislocate their knees and drop them to their feet.

The moment she heard the action kick up two notches back down in the subway, Gizmo Gal ran down expecting Rose had fully lost it and she'd have to see how much volts it took to bring the other woman down.

"Oh this is much worse." She quickly used her power to disablw all of the pulse rifles and the sonic device around the lead man's throat. There was nothing she could do about the regular guns except keep moving.

Whipping out her knuckles and priming them with a couple thousand volts, Janice used their momentary confusion to lay into a few before they could react. She broke the arm of one, stunned him with an electric right hook to the temple, tossed him into the next guy, and picked up his pulse rifle. One command reactivated the device, and she was able to start firing into the rest.

Granted her aim was terrible, having never fired a real gun before. Much less one this advanced. But she hit a few and knocked them against a wall.

"Im. Keeping. This." She said as she started running for cover from the retalitory gunfire.

@Michale CS
@OrlandoBloomers
@C.T

XT3Tbvn.png

That was the one, great positive and negative about having precognition. Nothing really surprised you anymore.

Approaching Cain meant she was already straining every precog muscle in her body when it hit. Whatever vague, colorless flash she saw of a future where she was run through by a blast of raw sound energy was enough for her to vamoose, no degree of vengeance worth the trouble of eating that level of pain for it. She stopped her predatory stride towards the former Batgirl without so much as a word of acknowledgement before the assailants were even in the room, simply rolling her eyes at her luck and breaking into a jog with the full intent of making an abrupt, and strategic, exit.

Except... the vision changed. Now it was Cain the cone of sound slammed into in full, unable to dodge because of the lingering aftereffects of the electricity. She had no idea who this deadbeat with the throat strapon was, but the nearest basis for comparison (Black Canary) had screams that could kill at this angle. Cain, good as she was, was a normal human. And with no way to resist...

"Son of a f-"

For most, there would've been no time for thought. Only action. But Rose was thinking with perfect clarity when she came back onto the scene with a dropkick aimed squarely for Cassandra's back, effectively booting her clear of the incoming scream at the last second so it was a hefty kick that sent her skidding instead of a potentially-fatal sonic blast. That unfortunately meant said blast did end up slamming into Ravager herself after all, blowing her back across the room like a ragdoll to crumple against a stone pillar, and it was all she could do to use her momentum to roll herself around it on the landing and drop down the other side as cover from any further gunfire as she let the back of her head hit the stone and finished her curse.

Well. That metaserum Slade indoctrinated her with might've ruined her life, but at least times like this it came in handy. She just... needed a minute.

@C.T. @Ms.Ezra @Michale CS

• Thank You

She just hoped that--

For them.

That was the one, great positive and negative about having precognition. Nothing really surprised you anymore.

Approaching Cain meant she was already straining every precog muscle in her body when it hit. Whatever vague, colorless flash she saw of a future where she was run through by a blast of raw sound energy was enough for her to vamoose, no degree of vengeance worth the trouble of eating that level of pain for it. She stopped her predatory stride towards the former Batgirl without so much as a word of acknowledgement before the assailants were even in the room, simply rolling her eyes at her luck and breaking into a jog with the full intent of making an abrupt, and strategic, exit.

Except... the vision changed. Now it was Cain the cone of sound slammed into in full, unable to dodge because of the lingering aftereffects of the electricity. She had no idea who this deadbeat with the throat strapon was, but the nearest basis for comparison (Black Canary) had screams that could kill at this angle. Cain, good as she was, was a normal human. And with no way to resist...

"Son of a f-"

For most, there would've been no time for thought. Only action. But Rose was thinking with perfect clarity when she came back onto the scene with a dropkick aimed squarely for Cassandra's back, effectively booting her clear of the incoming scream at the last second so it was a hefty kick that sent her skidding instead of a potentially-fatal sonic blast. That unfortunately meant said blast did end up slamming into Ravager herself after all, blowing her back across the room like a ragdoll to crumple against a stone pillar, and it was all she could do to use her momentum to roll herself around it on the landing and drop down the other side as cover from any further gunfire as she let the back of her head hit the stone and finished her curse.

Well. That metaserum Slade indoctrinated her with might've ruined her life, but at least times like this it came in handy. She just... needed a minute.

@C.T. @Ms.Ezra @Michale CS
Even with a couple of the men immediately succumbing to Cassandra's assault, being offset by Ravager forcefully getting the Black Bat out of the way of the sonic scream, it didn't look great for them.

"Oh this is much worse." She quickly used her power to disable all of the pulse rifles and the sonic device around the lead man's throat. There was nothing she could do about the regular guns except keep moving.

@Michale CS
@OrlandoBloomers
@C.T
The arrival of Gizmogal, and her shorting out the half dozen pulse rifles definitely evened the odds. The leader apparently knew that the screamer was off, but it looked like he'd prepared for that - what none of them could have known ahead of time is that these screamers had a hell of a long recharge time so he wasn't a one trick pony. More like a snake. He flipped on a helmet, the eyes lit up and he tossed a handful of flash-bang grenades.

And these goons weren't just goons. The rest of them turned away when the grenades were tossed and fanned out into a very trained military pattern, those with pulse rifles switching to sidearms and pulling on their own COBRA helmets.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Ms.Ezra

Status
Not open for further replies.