Should we split into two groups? Or should we reduce the character limit to one?

• 17 characters, 2 groups.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 11 characters, 1 group.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Varsus White-mane
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Origin: The Kocari wildlands Chieftain to a great tribe Varsus comes from a land many do not understand. His experience with the cruelty of man has molded him into a careful and commanding force among the barbaric tribes of the Kocari.

Appearance:
barbarian-the-elder-scrolls-online-29819-1366x768.jpg

Forged of fury and steel this mountain of a man towers over most normaly humans. Many might even question him for half Quinari blood. His muscle is born from the hunt, and the ferocity of battle. The red upon his armor a mixture of both dye and the blood of enemies he hath slain. Silver and Red mark the man for his metal and the blood that stains his armor crimson red. Beneath the armor one can find an intricate web of scars and war paint all over his body. War braids are tied into both his hair, and his long pale beard. Each knot symbolic to the warriors he has slain in honorable combat. His Eyes are a pale amber, a light golden color though many would claim them to be red. Then again it is very few that have stared long enough to find anything else. A Warrior born to a life of war and strife, his body is the sculpted masterpiece crafted in result of the hell Varsus has lived.

Biography: (GM Restricted Knowledge) Just Know that he is the Chieftain to a barbaric tribe deep within the Kocari Woods. And for that tribe and his own reasons he has agreed with his lady companion to join the expedition in search of the Grey Wardens.

Class and Specialization: Warrior> Specialization- Berserker into Champion. Varsus is a powerful warrior with great strength and a powerful swing. His rage is a passion that none can ignore nor will he let them. However Fury is more of a tool of power for this warrior as he commands a great respect upon any whom have the true heart of a warrior. His honor bound ways make him more than just a simple barbarian, and it might be proper instead to call him a Warlord.

Defining Strength: Perseverance. Through hell and its many rivers of lava Varsus has walked all to accomplish his goal for his people. The life he's suffered has forged him into a Monster among men. Nothing will stop him from saving his people.

Other Strengths:

Strength of the Wilds- Varsus is terrifyingly proficient in melee combat. Weapons bare little strain to his natural endurance and he wields most large weapons with ease. Swinging Claymores as though they were bastard swords.

Hunter of Man- Varsus is also a Tracker. Not incredibly proficient with bow and arrow he stays to his natural prowess and often hunts with a spear. This not his preferred method but it works. Once wounded there is no prey that will escape him.

Pack Tactics- In the lead of small groups for skirmishes, Varsus knows best how to utilize his smaller numbers to initiate gorilla tactics and take down any foe, no matter how large. This only works however if the pack he commands recognizes him as their leader.

Animal Empathy- Varsus has learned to recognize the signs of the wild for their warnings and often will side with animals of nature against greedy invaders. To a certain level it is like he understands the creatures of the forest.

Greatest Weakness: The depth of his passion- Varsus as said before will do whatever it takes to reach his goals, this is both his greatest strength and weakness for it is a double edged sword. The path for Varsus is one of great martyrdom, and gamble. he must show his back to his enemies so that he may have them see the truths they refuse to acknowledge. Sacrifice and violence is required to obtain what he desires.

Other Weaknesses:

Adapting to Society- Varsus due to his true nature will struggle greatly in adapting within cities and associating with outsiders to the world he knows. The harsh environment Varsus survived made him a man of few words and he will struggle to overcome this adversity, all towards his goal for his people. This will also effect the trust he has for companions on the expedition.

Honorbound- I consider this a flaw and a strength in its own right. Varsus will not outright slay a helpless soul. Fighting man to man is his preferred way to settle disputes as it allows for true honor among warriors. In this same right anyone who breaks honor or shows him disrespect will coax a wrath only described as the blood fury of his barbarian nature.

A Hatred for Arms- Varsus is well aware of the necessity for weapons and the very armor he wears. That does not mean he approves of it, nor do he like the way that the metal restricts him. Were it his choice, hands, head, and teeth would do a much better job. Reluctantly though he makes use of the tools of war he needs.

The Curse- GM Restricted Knowledge

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Ered Dyne, red, dashed, 10"]

spw68_11_by_bgk_bengiskhan-d84ve0w.jpg

Sex:
Male

Race:
Human

Origin:
Ferelden

Biography:
During his adolescence, Ered was taken from his family after it was discovered that he had an affinity for harnessing energy from the Fade. His mother and father both pleaded for him to not be taken, in fear of losing their only son, but the Circle of the Magi had other plans. In their eyes, the words of his parents were probably insignificant. The boy had no complaints though, for he knew he was being taken from the wretched hut he was made to call a home. He would know poverty no more. His eyes never turned back as he made his way to the mages, knowing nothing of what was in store for him.

When they arrived at their location, Ered was taken down a hallway to a room with ornate decorations he could have never imagined. A form in dark robes came upon the boy, and began to explain a process that was beyond him. Minutes passed before the figure asked if the boy understood - and he said yes. He would confirm everything that they wanted to hear, as long as he would have a place with good beds and warm food. The robed figure then came closer to the boy, before pricking him deeply with a needle. He winced slightly at the pain, and a sudden thought of regret rushed through his mind. The boy quickly shook the thought from his head before watching the First Enchanter do his deed. Ered's blood was extracted and placed in a phylactery - glass vial that would now bind him to the Circle forever. Another thought then flashed through his mind at that moment as well.

The thought of no escape.

Ered knew how his story was going to end before he had even began the process. Several years passed, and during that time the boy grew from a teen, and into a man. His body grew larger, and so did his confidence and intelligence, but his progression did not stop the thoughts that would come rushing into his mind now and again. Would he become a mage, or a husk of his former self? The thoughts drove fear into his heart, so much fear that it tampered with Ered's day to day activities, and even cost him some of himself.

The last week had come upon the man, and it was time for him to complete his final task. A magical solution was placed before him; his task - to create a magical solution with the ability to ignite and combust. Ered looked at the table before him, gulping as he looked at the solution. It was the last moment before his Harrowing; it was all about to end. The boy's conscience then took another more stab at him, one to make him almost lose his mind.
'It's your last moments... I hope you are enjoying how you are spending it...'

It became all apparent at that moment to Ered. He doubted himself, so much to the extent that he had developed minuscule voices within in his head, pricking and poking at him without hesitation. What truly made this moment a recipe for disaster was the fact that during his trip to the abyss, he had knocked over chemical solutions. Uncontrolled output of things was always a bad things, especially during chemical experiments.

A large fizzle sounded through the room, and then he was hit with the heat from the blast. The hot, searing heat. The fire instantly burned through his garments. His limbs were badly burned, and so was the right part of his face. Mysteriously, though, his torso had not been as damaged as the other parts of his body. Once the fumes subsided from the room, the apprentice mage was retrieved and taken to nearby healers.

Ered was bedridden for several months. The postponement of his Harrowing pleased his heart, but he knew that the peace would not last. A slight creaking sound caused the apprentice to turn around and face the door at his back .Two brooding figures made their way into the quarters of the wounded.

"It is a little past the normal time, but we shall now commence your Harrowing."

"You are of that age. Your future now depends on you."

Ered widened his eyes at their words. He wanted to retort with a resounding "No!" but he knew that any idea of escape was impossible. With his head low, he followed the mages to an ornate chamber. Within the chamber, there stood many templars and mages, but one in particular stood out the most to him. It was Raghnall, one of the templars who had assisted with his training all his years, and the one he conversed with the most. He glared intensely at him, before he was moved to the center of the room.With swiftness, Ered was placed upon the table for all to see. He was dosed with lyrium, and left for a moment, to enter the Fade...

"You want it to end?" Echoed a voice throughout the infinite darkness.

"What do you mean?"

"I can end this. You can go back to your mother... your father. You would like that wouldn't you?"

"My mother... my father..."

"Yes. Follow the sound of my voice to find me..."

And so the apprentice mage did so. He walked the infinite darkness, searching for the voice that would set him free. He needed to rid himself of his cursed magical ability, and become normal like everyone else. The life of a mage was not for him. At that moment, the deep and terrifying voice boomed once more.

"I have a proposition... if you let me enter that body of yours, I can break you free of the control of the Circle, and we can depart together like lads in the sunset... the only thing I would need from you, is for you to house me in your body of course..."

"My body... you need my body?"

"Yes, yes. You want me to break you free of your chains correct? I can provide your body with strength, intellect, and senses you have never imagined... what do you say?"

"Yes. Rid me of this life, and give me another one an-"

Right then, Ered realized what he was agreeing to. It was obvious that the force speaking to him did not have any honorable intentions in mind, especially since it was asking to house in his body.

"What did you say..?!"

"No! You cannot have this body. This body.. it is mine. This life.. it is mine! I am the one who has forged it... me... me... ME!"

At that moment, Ered had phased back into reality. But his screams did not cease. The boy continued on, shrieking in front of all present. Raghnall stepped forward, preparing his blade for the killing blow, but a mage quickly stepped in front him.

"Look."

As if a gift from the Old Gods, Ered's shrieking ceased. His breathing slowed, and his eyes slowly shut.

---

Dear Ered,

I have news for you on your first assignment, and I think it is something you will enjoy. It is becoming more and more apparent that the world is not as safe as it used to be. Fergus has requested that I send them a mage, and that mage just so happens to be you. Of course, with your emotional tendencies and outlandish behavior, we shall have the Templar Raghnall accompany you on this journey. We in the Circle know what you are capable of, and we are sure that this task will suit you perfectly. Remember though, this is your first assignment. Please, do be wary of what you do, and make sure to always be careful. The world can be a very dangerous place...

---

Class and Specialization:
Mage - Battlemage

Defining Strength:
+Overwhelming Power - Ered is very skilled in the art of fire magic and can weave it seamlessly into his combat. He is also a ferocious and powerful force in battle, and unrelenting on his foes.

Other Strengths:
+Intelligent - Ered is very educated. He can speak eloquently and write well. He can also be very cunning and observant, but rarely speaks his mind or tells others of his ideas.
+Agile - Quick on his feet, Ered is almost like the wind in battle. He can flip, slide, cartwheel, and do any other basic gymnastic moves.

Greatest Weakness:
-Psychosis - Ered's past experiences in life, especially his Harrowing coupled with self doubt, have left the mage a shell of the person he was when he first began his training. He can become out of touch with reality soon, and has strange emotional quirks at times. This can also render him ineffective in battle or a tense situation if he begins to lose touch.

Other Weaknesses:
-Uncharismatic - Ered is not liked by very many individuals. Most who see him with his steel mask off shriek, while others give him pity compliments. Sometimes, words do hurt one's ego.
-Impulsive - Ered operates more on how he is feeling rather than the ethics of the matter.

illustration-naomi-chen-11.jpg

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="Knight-Captain Raghnall Glass, grey, dashed, 10"]
heavy_infantry_by_sarafiel-d5g7z3k.jpg

Sex: Male Age:52

Race:Human

Origin:Ferelden
Biography:
Raghnall was brought into this world greeted by the smell of a tavern. He was the fourth branch to extend from his rotted family tree, made by mistake. His father was a failed businessman who turned to drinking, and his mother handled an inn within Denerim that was left to her by her father. His siblings treated Raghnall differently than they treated each other, mostly due to his fascination with Andraste. Being the city of the faith, Raghnall began listening to The Chant of Light at a very young age, and would listen instead of play. These words swayed him to begin working within the Chantry, but this lead him to begin his work with the Templars.

As soon as he could, Raghnall gave up all he owned and gave himself to the Templar Order. He may have not been the best fighter in his rank, but he was the most studious of them all. Raghnall spend his free time working and training with whomever would be able to teach him. Those who were ranked above him considered him overzealous in his style of training, but continued to support him through his training. As his days of training ended, he soon found himself being transferred to the Circle of Magi.

Raghnall became a witness to the trails that took place within the Circle of Magi. At first, he felt afraid the mages, unsure of their motives and why they needed someone to watch over them. This soon became apparent as he participated in the harrowing, watching as mages would either choose to live their life emotionless or having to face a demon. Raghnall hated this idea, the prospect of having no reasonable choice when it came to how they lived their life. Sadly, Raghnall soon found that he disliked both choices.

During Raghnall's fifth year protecting the mages within the Circle and participating in harrowings, he found himself liking and even enjoying the presence of the mages around him. They had knowledge about the world that Raghnall had never heard and they often were very polite to him. As this went on, he became well acquainted with a young mage named Seld. They both had grown up in an inn and would often share stories of drunken bar patrons to each other to pass the time. Seld soon found himself preparing for the harrowing, with Raghnall by his side. That day Raghnall was sure of his friend's training and his abilities as a mage. As soon as they were ready, Seld began and fell to the floor. Minutes passed as Raghnall's heart thumped in his ear. Then, like a glass shattering, Seld began to seize. The templars stood still as the young mage foamed at the mouth. Raghnall's hand shook as he took his blade from his sheath. One of the other templars stepped forward but was halted by one of the higher ranks who was looking at Raghnall. The devout warrior moved forward to the mage standing over him watching to see if he would wake. Seld's eyes then shot open revealing crimson and obsidian eyes, as Seld's corrupted eyes met Raghnall's his heart finished beating. In those moments, the thought of companionship between Templar and Mage was no more.
latest

Since that day, Raghnall has doubled his efforts to keep all mages in check. He trained twice as hard, talked half a much, and taking three persons worth of lyrium. Raghnall became addicted, so addicted that it almost cost him his life. For many years Raghnall stole lyrium from the supplies in the Circle, until he finally he was found. By the time they had found out how far Raghnall was, he had already been taken to the infirmary. They found him at the door to the lyrium supplies, doubled over and barely breathing. Those who found him that day believe that he would die, but by Andraste's grace he was able to live another day. Now, in order to repay the damages he has caused, he has been sent to find those who might be able to save this god forsaken world.

Class and Specialization: Sword and Board Warrior, Templar

Defining Strength:
Andraste's Chosen: Through his dedication he has found an affinity for fighting mages. He has honed his skills through his time he has spent observing mages, and dealing with those who would corrupt this world.

Other Strengths:
A Calm Before The Storm:
As a Templar Raghnall has gone through several arduous tasks to be able to fulfil his training. In turn, he has become quite the warrior .

Devout: Raghnall's life has been dedicated to Andraste and her chants since he was a young child. He is a man of true devotion, showing that not only can he pray and repeat the hymns, but rather act upon them and keep all evils from infecting Thedas.

Greatest Weakness:
Addiction: Raghnall may have become a model Templar, but what he gained in training, he lost in self control. He may be strong enough to handle mages who have failed their harrowing, but Raghnall's demon will kill him slowly.

Other Weaknesses:
Tranquil:
Raghnall believes that mages are meant to stay in check. To him, it would be better if all mages were tranquil in order to make sure all of them do not get out of hand.

End of the Rope: At his age, Raghnall does not have that many battles left in his life. He is getting older by the day, and there is no stopping it.
[/fieldbox]

Uh, I think we now have three battlemages... What's is the character demographics at now?

I might change my characters...

Another eventful day, another round up post. We have our writers for the most part as the few that are still working on their character sheets have already talked to me personally about what they are planning.

As of right now we have 9 accepted writers.
@BearEnthusiast
@weird.
@Kitti
@Gateman
@chaosheart13
@Tyrannosaurus Rekt
@AceSorcerer
@DustBunny
@UltimaCircuit
@Eternalfire61

We are waiting on 3 people's character sheets.
@Wolfsin - Warrior
@Lysander - 2 Mages
@BearEnthusiast - Mage

Our starting cast judging from both the ones already in the thread and the PMs come to a total of 17. This number means that when the IC comes our characters will be split into one group of 9 and one group of 8. I will provide more information on the grouping and how it will work later but just know that grouping will not interfere with your character's ability to interact with any member of the expedition.

(Note that the following information includes characters planned in PMs that have yet to be translated completely onto a sheet.)

Out of our 17 cast members we have 7 Humans, 4 Elves, 2 Dwarves, 1 Qunari, 3 Qunari-Elf Halfbloods

Out of our 17 cast members there are 5 Warriors, 9 Mages, 3 Rogues.

• Love
Reactions: Periwinkle
I've also added a poll so I can see everyone's opinion on the matter of how we adjust to the (on my part unexpectedly) high character turn out. :u

If the second option is voted the most, those who have two or more characters (myself included) have an option of removing one outright or turning one of their characters into an NPC/side character. I am considering this option because I know that roleplays with a high character count are easily cluttered and hard to enjoy if not done properly. But if everyone is okay with the count I'll do my best to make a roleplay with 17 characters as enjoyable and neat as I can. ^^

Also, on the front page the current cast section has been updated to include all characters I have pictures of at the moment in time.

Wow. I go to sleep and wake up and a lot has gone on. This is why I shouldn't sleep.
Yeah. That's right. That's the reason.

I can see Ghrem being like: "That's a terrifying amount of mages. Where's the quanri? I need a meat shield between me and them."

That being said, I'm rather surprised there aren't more qunari. The RPs I've been in, or seen, they were there by the bucketloads. The dwarves seem accurate, though. Poor, unloved/unromanceable dwarf faces. *squishes*

And I mean unromanceable in the sense that Bioware is unsure if they should every provide a dwarf companion that had a slight inkling for romance. And Bioware is like: "Nah, keep making them one of them more interesting companions (Oghren, Sigurd, Varric) but make them untouchable. Yeah. That's right. Everyone pine for the small niblet of fun."

Dwarves=small niblets of fun.
This is why I should give myself more time to wake up before writing.
*has been awake for 3 hours*

That being said, I'm rather surprised there aren't more qunari. The RPs I've been in, or seen, they were there by the bucketloads. The dwarves seem accurate, though. Poor, unloved/unromanceable dwarf faces. *squishes*

And I mean unromanceable in the sense that Bioware is unsure if they should every provide a dwarf companion that had a slight inkling for romance. And Bioware is like: "Nah, keep making them one of them more interesting companions (Oghren, Sigurd, Varric) but make them untouchable. Yeah. That's right. Everyone pine for the small niblet of fun."

Dwarves=small niblets of fun.
This is why I should give myself more time to wake up before writing.
*has been awake for 3 hours*
I laughed way harder than I should oml

Poor Dwarves.
I would have used one of my saves to romance Varric.
Instead of Bianca who I can't like, even if she weren't standing in my way, let me romance Varric.

Anyway, 3 is far more half-qunari/elves than I really anticipated seeing. So that's interesting.

Another eventful day, another round up post. We have our writers for the most part as the few that are still working on their character sheets have already talked to me personally about what they are planning.

As of right now we have 9 accepted writers.
@BearEnthusiast
@weird.
@Kitti
@Gateman
@chaosheart13
@Tyrannosaurus Rekt
@DustBunny
@UltimaCircuit
@Eternalfire61

We are waiting on 3 people's character sheets.
@Wolfsin - Warrior
@Lysander - 2 Mages
@BearEnthusiast - Mage

Our starting cast judging from both the ones already in the thread and the PMs come to a total of 17. This number means that when the IC comes our characters will be split into one group of 9 and one group of 8. I will provide more information on the grouping and how it will work later but just know that grouping will not interfere with your character's ability to interact with any member of the expedition.

(Note that the following information includes characters planned in PMs that have yet to be translated completely onto a sheet.)

Out of our 17 cast members we have 7 Humans, 4 Elves, 2 Dwarves, 1 Qunari, 3 Qunari-Elf Halfbloods

Out of our 17 cast members there are 5 Warriors, 9 Mages, 3 Rogues.
You forgot me in the accepted writers.

I would have used one of my saves to romance Varric.
Instead of Bianca who I can't like, even if she weren't standing in my way, let me romance Varric.
That moment when you're cock blocked by a crossbow. *cat sounds*

Kidding! Seriously, they made her character hella unappealing to the point I was very confused as to why this was a hang up for him. She's a backstabbing married woman. Much confusion. Though, to be fair to Bioware, that wasn't the most confusing explanation for a character's motivations. *stares jerky ex-friends in Mass Effect 2* *stares at Anders* *actually, just stares at DA2*

I laughed way harder than I should oml
Haha. Glad I could be of service.
That should be the subtitles to our characters. XD

• Love
To reiterate, on of the earlier points was the possibility of having a Joining as an early plot point.

Characters who are going to undergo the Joining belong to:

@BearEnthusiast (Fergus)
@Gateman (Adim)
@Tyrannosaurus Rekt (Grehm)

Anyone else up for their characters to become Wardens?

And unless desired, no one is going to die from the Joining.

Last edited:
@AceSorcerer I think Gerric would participate in the joining, but it would take a bit of cajoling to convince him of the benefits

From what I understand, it'll be a major shift for Gerric given that Tevinter and the Wardens never got along too well.

True, but I feel as if he'd do it if he felt as if it would do him more help than harm in the long run

I can see Ghrem being like: "That's a terrifying amount of mages. Where's the quanri? I need a meat shield between me and them."

That being said, I'm rather surprised there aren't more qunari. The RPs I've been in, or seen, they were there by the bucketloads.
Nobody wants to be Tal-Vashoth, I guess. I did kinda make a scary one to measure up against o.o

And don't worry, he's fine with being a meatshield, that's kinda his job

I'd like to see a Skype conversation with all these people.

Question, what's the Joining? idk I have no knowledge of Dragon Age

Status
Not open for further replies.