Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly certain my character will be a mage as well, but possibly an archer who incorporates magic into their attacks. Also, Mangeyko's character is going to be some sort of spell-blade, warrior type.

@Cerulean We're just waiting for @Mangekyō to make the thread itself and explain the plot in detail.

I'm the tank! 8D

giphy (18).gif

Reactions: Arlathina
Mmm. I may be late to this party, but I am very interested in doing Dragon Age. I love it. I have a solid character idea. I know you have a small group and a lot of interest. Didn't want to spam my thoughts if this interest check was checked. XD

Reactions: Arlathina
Mmm. I may be late to this party, but I am very interested in doing Dragon Age. I love it. I have a solid character idea. I know you have a small group and a lot of interest. Didn't want to spam my thoughts if this interest check was checked. XD
My friend. Welcome.
giphy (57).gif

Is this still going on? I'm interested! Just to warn you, I'll inevitably end up playing some Elvish archer.

EDIT: I didn't play the Trespasser DLC, but I have played DA:I. I also know exactly what happens in the DLC. (Solas broke my heart.) I hope that doesn't disqualify me.
isn't the archer class...a subclass of the rogue? >.o Warriors are Sword/Shield, or Two-handed, Rogues are Twin Daggers and Archer--then there's just Mage.

Right, but the particular group of Elves that I am speaking of are distinct from modern Elves. They're a group of ancient Elves from the days of Elvhenan, preserved by the magic lingering in the Well of Sorrows. The call that Solas sent out to all Elves wasn't some sort of arcane compulsion. As you said, it was a word-of-mouth revolution responded to by many Elves because it offered the prospect of a better world for their own kind, but they don't know the price they will have to pay. Obviously, it would destroy the modern world, which includes modern elves--Dalish or otherwise. It is reasonable to assume that this ancient group of Elves has a better idea of the destruction that Solas' plan will bring, since they also appear to know the true nature of the Elven gods and Mythal's murder. Furthermore, there is no evidence to indicate that the Sentinel Elves, the group that initially attempted to thwart the Inquisitor's plan, responded to this call in any way. Abelas, when asked where he will go, responds with, "Perhaps there are places the shemlen have not touched." In addition, two years after the defeat of Corypheus and Solas' subsequent departure, Leliana tells the Inquisitor during Exalted Council that she has received reports of this group of Elves has becoming active in the Tirashan.

TL;DR: It is unlikely that the Sentinel Elves responded to Solas' calls, however, it can't be definitively stated whether they did or did not since the game gives so little information on their course of action after the Temple of Mythal. I won't be playing a Dalish Elf in this RP.
I think you might be missing the point of this roleplay, Miss. This is set AFTER the events of DA:I. So new information can have been uncovered. I am using some core thing from DA:I, but the events of the Inquisition are done and over.

We are forging a new story in the fallout of Trespasser with Solas amassing the Elves. This could, in fact, include Arbalas in some form or another, as he IS a Sentinel and Fen'Harel is one the ancient Elvhenan "gods". So he could feel compelled to serve if out of respect--because we know he knows that Mythal was murdered and in the context of how he tells the group in the temple that she was "murdered" so can confer that Solas was not the perpetrator and that Fen'Harel was not the traitor, so there is no ill will. Secondly,your own quote of the game, he would more than like to seek out old Elvhenan ruins which is probably gonna be the exact spot where Fen'Harel is because they tend to resonate with great magic from before the Veil. Lastly, Arbalas would "more than likely" serve Fen'Harel since they both want to see the Elvhenan reborn. He might not agree, wholeheartedly, with the slaughter of the world to do it, per say, but he has the conviction to follow orders even if may disagree with them.

Now, I just want to say this: I may be the GM and ultimately I may have the "final word" on decisions. But this is a GROUP RP. If you have ideas, feel free to share them, just know, that while I WILL consider them, ultimately I must take into consideration everyone's thoughts, opinions, and ideas including my own. I will try to be as unbiased I can be, but if I feel a certain way I will be inclined to move in that direction. Especially if there isn't a consensus about something or that I feel, that as a whole, it would be better to steer it that way. Now here is what I have deliberated so far:

• We will be following the "core class system". This means Rogues can use Twin Daggers or Bows, Warriors can use a single-handed weapon and a shield or a two-handed weapon, and Mages which I've been deliberating to limiting to one Element type (Dibs on electricity!) to give variation and fairness.

• @Arlathina, I will allow you to have a non-dalish elf; if you want a 'sentinel' you and I will have to work something out in a PM. This goes for Legion Dwarves and Ben-Hasrath Qunari as well. Otherwise Its Dwarf, Human, Dalish Elf, and Qunari.

• The story WILL begin in Tevinter. Now, I do have a feeling I would like to take the story to the Arlathan Forests near Antiva; Arlathan was really where it all ended for the elves so it would make sense that's where we would eventually end up.

• My character will be a human male, from Tevinter. Specifically, he will be the Archon's son. The Archon will have just died leaving the Magisterium to him as the Archon is usually inherited through blood relation, but they also have the ability to elect should the need arise. So my character will be overwhelmed with his new position and the death of his grandfather. He elects Dorian as his "advisor" and my character will be a lot like Dorian; snarky comments ( "Yeah...lets go kill a dragon! *Secretly hyperventilates* Qunari are crazy...Qunari are VERY crazy!").

He tells Dorian that the pressure to be greater than one knows how to be, is suffocating him and that he thought about running away from it all. And Dorian says "look, if you are hindered and you can't see the bigger picture; running away isn't such a bad idea. Perspective often comes from being a part of something greater than one's self, and that is how you get to see your true worth." So Tiberius of course absconds and runs into one of the other characters, while the Magisterium is in a frenzy about him missing, while Dorian is showboating by saying he's been "kidnapped". I'm hoping for humorous sequence, where the person he runs into--and is running from the guards with--is charged with his alleged kidnapping, and Tiberius makes it worse by using magic while being confronted by guards, and he makes appear as though he's been taken hostage, and he convinces the guards to back off and go get help when the roof they are on collapses and they fall down. Tibs apologizes, gets thrash, insulted asked why he made them the most wanted criminal in the Imperium to which he responds by shrugging and saying they looked like a shady character--then thanks them for their "support" in his abduction. *Insert facepalm moment here.*

So that's really how I would like to start off. He gets these characters involved in his hijinx, where he somehow manages to get the first person he meets, to involve the second, the first and second then involve the third at son point--and they become a marauding band of criminals for a crime that actually hasn't happened and doesn't actually commit crimes as hire themselves as sell-swords. And it's through these adventures that they grow a repertoire with each other and the grow close so that when they come upon why elves are making a massive exodus to Arlathan and Solas' plot to tear down the Veil and essentially destroy the world--and Tibs come back in force with his group of friends, and he's different now than he was. He's matured, he's gleaned that perspective that Dorian told him about. And his first act as Archon is to stop the annual assaults on Seheron, and to send envoys to the Arishok about what Solas plans to do. And I am sure you can imagine the uproar that causes.
So that is what I have so far. An eventual declaration of an alliance, between the Qunari, The Imperium and they make an army that can fight the elves. Tibs and his friends will have a final showdown with Solas.

This goes for everyone. @CursedDawn, @Cerulean, @Arlathina, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: CursedDawn
A wrench, huh? Suppose thats better than a facehugger. No one gets that emote is supposed to be a sarcastic hug. >.>

Bow mage was possible in the first game, I rolled one once. Not the best hybrid, but I thought it was cool anyway. I really didn't like the restrictions in the later ones.

Couple of questions; Would I need to have played through Inquisition's DLC, and is it really necessary to fill out all of those little personality details?

well while the trespasser dlc was cool there's not too much info that needs to be brought up, part of it was already revealed in the regular game. I can explain the gist of it if anyone wants/needs.

well while the trespasser dlc was cool there's not too much info that needs to be brought up, part of it was already revealed in the regular game. I can explain the gist of it if anyone wants/needs.
All I remember is that-
Solas is Fen'Harel or is a host for it and he took uh.. Was it Mythal? From Flemeth. Also he disappeared after whooping Corypheus.

@LVL1337N00B, @Arlathina, @Cerulean, @CursedDawn, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt

We will not be cross-classing. Magic is for mages, feats/skills for Archers. I am just a mage who is using the Blade of Tidarion template, which funnels magics into a magical tool in the shape of a sword, and not a staff. Can I use a sword? Yes. Can I use a sword like a Warrior class? No. Can I do the feats like Shield Bash and Fissure? Absolutely not. Same goes for the other classes, they can not do things outside of their respective class; Rogues and Warriors use feats, not magic. However, I will be allowing classes to use other weapons within reason and with obvious deficiencies going up against a class that excels with said weapon.

I.e A mage may use a metal sword, but he doesn't suddenly turn into a sword-wielding badass.

You can utilize your character with creativity; I am allowing this rule because I don't see reason in someone who is in a predicament such as they lose their weapon rather its because they get knocked out of hand or they get taken away because they are taken captive, to not be able to at least try and protect themselves. But at the same time, they just wouldn't have the same proficiency or martial know-how as someone who has trained extensively in it. I fully expect you all to be honest with your characters on this matter, please. I don't want to be a dick and remove this function because we got archers with swords decapitating a number of people or warriors getting headshots with each arrow they fire. I want to stay faithful to the content, but I also want to allow breathing room.

@LVL1337N00B

Technically, no. That said, it is a good idea to have watched videos about the epilogue as it describes the direction the game itself was going. There's also the fact we will be dealing in the fallout of the events that occurred during 'Trespasser', and eventually, we'll find out what Solas is trying to do, the fact we have elves en-masse exodus. So it would definitely help.

As for the extras in personality--again, technically its mostly optional. However, just because my character won't know all the information--I as a GM, may use those tiny details to come up with events, places etc tht involve your character. Just put as much pertinent info as you can, it would really help.

Bow mage was possible in the first game, I rolled one once. Not the best hybrid, but I thought it was cool anyway. I really didn't like the restrictions in the later ones.

Couple of questions; Would I need to have played through Inquisition's DLC, and is it really necessary to fill out all of those little personality details?
All I remember is that-
Solas is Fen'Harel or is a host for it and he took uh.. Was it Mythal? From Flemeth. Also he disappeared after whooping Corypheus.
Solas is Fen'harel, the Dread Wolf "god" of Dalish legend. Not only that, but Solas CREATED the Veil, the boundary between the Fade and reality. In other words there was no distinction between dream and reality originally, Solas created it and basically destroyed civilization in the process. The Dalish Elf "gods" were not so, they were merely mages of incredible power. Except for Mythal (who was killed and whose spirit resided in Flemeth for centuries) Solas hated the other elven "gods". It was because of Mythal's murder that he created the Veil. Solas also reveals he was the one who gave the orb to Corphyeus. He'd planned have Corphyeus unlock it and die in the blast so he could use the Anchor to tear down the Veil he had once created He didn't count on Corphyeus copying an Archdemon's pseudo-immortality. After Corphyeus is dealt with the orb is destroyed, making it impossible for Solas to destroy the Veil like he wanted.

After the main story but before the Trespasser dlc, Solas leaves the inquisition and amasses something a large number of followers as well as regains a huge portion of his original power. After confronting Solas and everything being revealed, Solas saves the inquisitor from the expanding Anchor, by taking off his/her arm as the only way to remove the anchor from them, Solas then leaves, still seeking to tear down the Veil (though if friendly enough with the inquisitor he'll remark that he looks forward to being proven wrong about his path, openly admitting some hope that the world isn't as bad as he thinks).

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Trying to get better art of him, but I think I might like to join this with my Gray Warden. Now that I think about it though, is there a Gray Warden presence in Tevinter at all?

UPDATE: Aaaaaa I am finally getting art for this guy. Two people decided to try him at the same time.

Last edited:
Trying to get better art of him, but I think I might like to join this with my Gray Warden. Now that I think about it though, is there a Gray Warden presence in Tevinter at all?
The Warden's HQ, Weisshaupt Fortress, is in the Anderfels, which is in the west of Tevinter. So presumably they have a strong presence but at the same time I don't recall much if any mention of Grey Warden activity in the Imperium, so I would think they give each other space, that's just my guess though.

The Warden's HQ, Weisshaupt Fortress, is in the Anderfels, which is in the west of Tevinter. So presumably they have a strong presence but at the same time I don't recall much if any mention of Grey Warden activity in the Imperium, so I would think they give each other space, that's just my guess though.
That's about what I was thinking, but not entirely sure. Unless people believe stories about the Darkspawn having ties to Tevinter, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to co-exist.

Unless I'm forgetting something, which is entirely possible.

Definitely. The first Grey Wardens were from Tevinter Imperium. They were battle-hardened soldiers of Tevinter who defected from the army and met in Weisshaupt to form the Grey Wardens. Weisshaupt Fortress is in the Anderfels, the western part of the Tevinter Imperium.

@LVL1337N00B, @CursedDawn

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Okay, roll call to see everyone's race/class. Also, roll a 5-sided die so I can see what order Tiberius will be meeting them in.

@Arlathina, @CursedDawn, @Cerulean, @LVL1337N00B, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt

Arlathina and I will be working on the OOC where characters will be posted as well as the general terms of agreement, or rules if you will and the IC.

As for what images to use, here's an example and it will be my character Tiberus' image.

348ad3db52fb4f89689aaa4ddb9c4cb4.jpg

Found this and similar when looking for Dragon Age Mage on Pinterest. They also have some pretty good Tarot Card pictures. So Im sure you can find something in keeping with the them. :)

098ccd0af22bf35fdefb21b93f1904df.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, roll call to see everyone's race/class. Also, roll a 5-sided die so I can see what order Tiberius will be meeting them in.

@Arlathina, @CursedDawn, @Cerulean, @LVL1337N00B, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt

Arlathina and I will be working on the OOC where characters will be posted as well as the general terms of agreement, or rules if you will and the IC.
Qunari Mage, and for images I have a couple of her and one of her staff that I made myself via Inquisition

@Mangekyō - I dunno if it'll match the style exactly, but someone who is drawing the character I have in mind has really nice art. I could grab my original drawing as a placeholder, if that's alright. What do you think?

If that's no good, I'll go find something else and put together a different character when I get home.

My guy is a Vashoth warrior, the Gray Warden I mentioned. I haven't seen anything about Vashoth/Tal'Vashoth joining the wardens, but I don't see why they couldn't.

While no Qunari under the Qun has ever joined the Grey Wardens. There are, however, rumors of several Tal-Vashoth taking the Joining in recent decades.

Also, don't forget to roll the dice system for a five-sided die and tell me the number you get. If you get a number the exact same, re-roll until you get a unique number

@LVL1337N00B, @Cerulean, @CursedDawn, @Arlathina, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt

:)

This is a somewhat early version of what the eventual main roleplay thread will look like. I'm working with @Mangekyō to design something very functional and useful for us! I am posting it here to get a better idea of how it should look in a full-sized thread and to start working out any bugs in the code. Please feel free to tell me what you think.

Roleplay by Mangekyō. Thread design and formatting by Arlathina.

[stabs=bcenter|5000x5000]
{slide=Introduction & Rules}
xfb30g.jpg
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi.

2jebnms.png
1. Be polite, and forthcoming with ideas.

2. Have well written, and legible posts. No text speak; capitalization and punctuation where it counts. You don't need to be a grammar Nazi, but I do expect you to be intelligent enough to handle putting effort into posts.

3. I expect commitment; we all have lives and things to do and I understand some things take precedent. That said, however, don't just drop out, out of nowhere with no explanation and leave the group.

4. I will be as accommodating as I can be, but my word is law in the roleplay.

5. Though this takes place after DAI, a lot of the effects in its story are still felt. So those of you who haven't played the game yet, it is probably best you don't join. It would take too long to go over and you would just be confused. Only those who have played and finished DAI may join.

6. Cannon characters such as Cassandra, Iron Bull, Blackwall, Solas--are all NPC's. We will be making original characters from Humans, Dwarves, Elves, and Qunari. Basic classes to start out with.

{/slide}

{slide=Characters}

24et5yx.png

22ccna.jpg
2rwos92.jpg

2ebyc5h.png

Basics

Name (& pronunciation):
Date of Birth (& age):
Place of Birth:
Social Class/Community Status:
Language:
Family/Friends/Pets/Etc:

Physical Description

Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Detailed Physical Description:
Typical Clothing/Equipment:

Personality/Attributes

Personality/Attitude:
Skills/Talents:
Favourites/Likes:
Most Hated/Dislikes:
Goals/Ambitions:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fears:
Hobbies/Interests:
Regular Routine:
(optional) Philosophy of Life:
(optional) Attitude Toward Death:
Religion/Beliefs:
(optional) Fetishes/Strange Behaviors:
Most Instructive/Painful/Memorable Experience:
Sexual Preference/Experience/Values:
Education/Special Training:
Place/Type of Residence:
Place of Work:
Work-related Skills:
Past Occupations:

{/slide}

{slide=Races}

aeb1j4.jpg
Humans are the most numerous, yet also the most contentious of all the races of Thedas. Only four times have they ever united beneath a single banner, the last being centuries ago. The monotheistic faith of the Chant of Light plays a major role in human society. The majority of humanity in Thedas descended from numerous human tribes.

m3i8m.jpg
A humanoid race, elves are typically shorter than humans and have a slender, lithe build and pointed ears. Long ago, the elves were the dominant race on Thedas, and their advanced civilization was based on nature, the Fade and magic. After the fall of their great city of Arlathan and the empire of Elvhenan, its following plunder by the Tevinter Imperium and the subsequent generations of slavery, the elves lost most of their cultural heritage and identity. They attempted to rebuild their society in the Dales, but after three centuries they fell to the Chantry's Exalted Marches.

Since then, the elves have separated into two distinct groups: the Dalish, who chose to lead nomadic lives rather than submit and strive to keep elven culture alive, and the city elves, who live alongside humans, usually as impoverished outcasts, and have adopted many human customs. Overall, the elves are now a people associated with poverty, crime, barbarism, and are often used as scapegoats for humanity's difficulties. In Ancient Tevinter elves were called "rattus". Modern humans use the racial slurs "knife ears," "slant-eared" or, less cruelly, "rabbit." Though most of the elven language has been lost, they once referred to themselves as "elvhen," which means "the people".

14cci6u.jpg
The dwarves, or dwarva, as the dwarves refer to themselves, are one of the major humanoid races of the Dragon Age setting. Strong, stocky, and shorter than any other humanoid race, the dwarves are skilled builders and boast a long tradition of courage and martial skill that has served them well in their millennia-long battle against the darkspawn. They once developed a huge, great empire which spread across vast underground networks of twelve great thaigs that spanned the breadth of Thedas. However their world was all but destroyed during the First Blight, and they are now a race in decline.

jgmujo.jpg
The Qunari is the name most commonly used to describe the white-haired, metallic-skinned race of giants and their society that governs the islands of Par Vollen and Seheron, as well as the settlement of Kont-Aar in northern Rivain, and Qundalon in the Anderfels.

Members of any race who adhere to the teachings of the Qun can become "Qunari", but those other than the original giant race, that is humans, elves, and dwarves, are called Viddathari within the Qun. Humans of Rivain and Elven slaves of Tevinter are especially susceptible to conversion, although it is not unknown for members of other groups to embrace the Qun.

{/slide}

{slide=Classes}

314ed5s.png

6d0f28591aec561519b4eae5e346be27.jpg
Battle-hardened and masters of close combat, warriors are pivotal to any group entering battle. As front-line fighters, they absorb the brunt of opponent attacks, steal enemy focus, and create an opening for deadly ranged assaults from other classes. While some warriors prefer visceral, sweeping damage, many are silverite-clad bulwarks, weathering any blows they don't deflect with their shields.

24b6dug.png

9934acdf0838ee5ad92bababf9c17332.jpg
Armed with bows, daggers, and any number of dirty tricks, the rogue's primary focus is damage: tearing foes down one at a time with systematic efficiency. Rogues commonly use a mixture of stealth and mobility to reach positions of advantage, be it a sniper's perch away from enemy blades or behind an unsuspecting mage. Deadly and resourceful, rogues can tip the balance of any strategic assault.

10h2blj.png

a02dc432473b1ead006a9dde82375f7a.jpg
Those who can tap into the raw energy of the Fade and block the whispering temptations of demons are truly exceptional. When they turn that mental focus onto the field of war, they can be truly terrifying opponents. Rains of fire, walls of ice, or even the ability to heal allies make up a mage's toolkit. Most employ considerable skills rendering foes not only weakened, but also vulnerable to physical attacks, setting up opportunities for their teammates to exploit.

{/slide}

{slide=Locations}

• Minrathous
  • Qarinus
  • Silent Plains
  • Temple of Andruil
  • Arlathan Forest
  • Nevarra City
  • Cumberland
  • Hossburg
  • Antiva City
  • Qunandar