3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Magical, Horror, Romance,
I am looking for a small group (3-4 players), who are interested in crafting a Dragon Age roleplay set after the events in Dragon Age: Inquisition. So this will be like 'our' version of what the fourth installment could be. Solas will be the main antagonist of course, since, in the Trespasser DLC, he told the Inquisitor that he will be destroying the world by tearing down the Veil that separates the waking world from the dream world. While that is the overall plot, we can make multiple side quests as well.

Players must Present themselves accordingly:

1.) Be polite, and forthcoming with ideas.

2.) Have well written, and legible posts. No text speak; capitalization and punctuation where it counts. You don't need to be a grammar Nazi, but I do expect you to be intelligent enough to handle putting effort into posts.

3.) I expect commitment; we all have lives and things to do and I understand some things take precedent. That said, however, don't just drop out, out of nowhere with no explanation and leave the group.

4.) I will be as accommodating as I can be, but my word is law in the roleplay.

5.) Though this takes place after DAI, a lot of the effects in its story are still felt. So those of you who haven't played the game yet, it is probably best you don't join. It would take too long to go over and you would just be confused. Only those who have played and finished DAI may join.

6.) Cannon characters such as Cassandra, Iron Bull, Blackwall, Solas--are all NPC's. We will be making original characters from Humans, Dwarves, Elves, and Qunari. Basic classes to start out with.

Be more interesting if we had a RP before Dragon Age Origins

Or the fact that there is so much rich lore in Dragon Age, to focus on some historical events that happened besides after Inquisition. Or even better a RP that focused on the massive fuck up that was the original Inquisition.

Just a thought to consider. I am tentatively curious, but not sure I'd join

(O-O)/
I'm interested!

Got a qunari mage or a dwarf warrior i've never been able to use

That's one, possibly two players.

Is this still going on? I'm interested! Just to warn you, I'll inevitably end up playing some Elvish archer.

EDIT: I didn't play the Trespasser DLC, but I have played DA:I. I also know exactly what happens in the DLC. (Solas broke my heart.) I hope that doesn't disqualify me.

Is this still going on? I'm interested! Just to warn you, I'll inevitably end up playing some Elvish archer.

EDIT: I didn't play the Trespasser DLC, but I have played DA:I. I also know exactly what happens in the DLC. (Solas broke my heart.) I hope that doesn't disqualify me.
Greetings Arlathina! Lovely picture, Poison Ivy? Gotta love red heads--except Uma Thurman--that rendition was just...aweful. Just ungodly awful. Anyways, getting side-tracked! You are certainly welcome!

That is what the image seems to have been inspired from. Thank you. Were you able to get a roleplay together?

That is what the image seems to have been inspired from. Thank you. Were you able to get a roleplay together?
Not yet, as this is an interest check to see if a few fell roleplayers would be willing to cooperate for this type of game as it were. Along with yourself and yours truly, @CursedDawn is interested also. I do, however, have some minor details. For the most part, the story will be taking place in the Tevinter Imperium of Nothern Thedas, this of course includes but isn't limited to, Minrathous.

latest

Not yet, as this is an interest check to see if a few fell roleplayers would be willing to cooperate for this type of game as it were. Along with yourself and yours truly, @CursedDawn is interested also. I do, however, have some minor details. For the most part, the story will be taking place in the Tevinter Imperium of Nothern Thedas, this of course includes but isn't limited to, Minrathous.
That will be an interesting setting for a female elf, which is already the direction I feel myself leaning in. Don't forget that @Clyde expressed some interest as well. Please feel free to PM me or add me on Skype if there is anything you want to discuss further.

I might play a rogue just to mess with her; make him witty and sarcastic and delightfully flirtatious. XD @Arlathina

Last edited:
Character Sheet

Basics

Name (& pronunciation):
Date of Birth (& age):
Place of Birth:
Social Class/Community Status:
Language:
Family/Friends/Pets/Etc:

Physical Description

Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Detailed Physical Description:
Typical Clothing/Equipment:

Personality/Attributes

Personality/Attitude:
Skills/Talents:
Favourites/Likes:
Most Hated/Dislikes:
Goals/Ambitions:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fears:
Hobbies/Interests:
Regular Routine:
(optional) Philosophy of Life:
(optional) Attitude Toward Death:
Religion/Beliefs:
(optional) Fetishes/Strange Behaviors:
Most Instructive/Painful/Memorable Experience:
Sexual Preference/Experience/Values:
Education/Special Training:
Place/Type of Residence:
Place of Work:
Work-related Skills:
Past Occupations:

@Arlathina, @CursedDawn, @Clyde

latest

I'm sorry but I am not really invested in the idea of the RP, thanks for the tag though appreciate it.

I won't begin working on a CS until we get an actual roleplay thread with the plot, setting, and background information. In the meantime, I can start conceptualizing the kind of character that I may want to play.

That actually works awesome for my qunari mage, fled the qun and learned magic from a Magister for a time so i won't have to tweak anything :3

Reactions: Arlathina
I agree. I'm becoming really interested with the idea of doing a character originating from the Temple of Mythal, one of the Sentinel Elves perhaps. After the temple was destroyed and the magic that was preserving many of the ancient Elves who were residing there waned, Abelas and any other surviving Elves fled into the Tirashan, or at least that is what Leliana later reports to the Inquisitor. Thus, my main my problem at this point would be figuring out how she ends up anywhere near Tevinter. Although, I'm sure I can think of some sort of explanation, as the Elves who survived the Temple of Mythal aren't really mentioned again.

Actually, the Elves--including most of those in Thedas, went with Solas or traveled TO him. Fen'Harel summons them, kinda like the Grey Wardens calling except its spread by word of mouth and something that's innate. So she could be a Dalish, on a journey to meet Solas who is one of the old Elvhen and that's where she meets the group in Tevinter. So! We have a Qunari Mage, a Dalish elf, and I'll be a mage as well but a more battle oriented one--was thinking a warrior-ish mage. Meaning essentially, I'd be a mage as a class--but instead of a tradition staff, I'd have something like the Blade of Tidarion. For those of you who don't know, its a two-handed hilt like a great sword, but like a staff what materials you put into it give it it's elemental type like a staff would. So Silverite does cold, Stormheart does lighting--dragon bone makes it fire, etc.

Actually, the Elves--including most of those in Thedas, went with Solas or traveled TO him. Fen'Harel summons them, kinda like the Grey Wardens calling except its spread by word of mouth and something that's innate. So she could be a Dalish, on a journey to meet Solas who is one of the old Elvhen and that's where she meets the group in Tevinter. So! We have a Qunari Mage, a Dalish elf, and I'll be a mage as well but a more battle oriented one--was thinking a warrior-ish mage. Meaning essentially, I'd be a mage as a class--but instead of a tradition staff, I'd have something like the Blade of Tidarion. For those of you who don't know, its a two-handed hilt like a great sword, but like a staff what materials you put into it give it it's elemental type like a staff would. So Silverite does cold, Stormheart does lighting--dragon bone makes it fire, etc.
Right, but the particular group of Elves that I am speaking of are distinct from modern Elves. They're a group of ancient Elves from the days of Elvhenan, preserved by the magic lingering in the Well of Sorrows. The call that Solas sent out to all Elves wasn't some sort of arcane compulsion. As you said, it was a word-of-mouth revolution responded to by many Elves because it offered the prospect of a better world for their own kind, but they don't know the price they will have to pay. Obviously, it would destroy the modern world, which includes modern elves--Dalish or otherwise. It is reasonable to assume that this ancient group of Elves has a better idea of the destruction that Solas' plan will bring, since they also appear to know the true nature of the Elven gods and Mythal's murder. Furthermore, there is no evidence to indicate that the Sentinel Elves, the group that initially attempted to thwart the Inquisitor's plan, responded to this call in any way. Abelas, when asked where he will go, responds with, "Perhaps there are places the shemlen have not touched." In addition, two years after the defeat of Corypheus and Solas' subsequent departure, Leliana tells the Inquisitor during Exalted Council that she has received reports of this group of Elves has becoming active in the Tirashan.

TL;DR: It is unlikely that the Sentinel Elves responded to Solas' calls, however, it can't be definitively stated whether they did or did not since the game gives so little information on their course of action after the Temple of Mythal. I won't be playing a Dalish Elf in this RP.

*throws a dwarf warrior into the mix*

Reactions: Arlathina
There's always a Qunari mage. XD

Attachments

• tumblr_inline_mw2m4gbuot1sohk3w.gif
    tumblr_inline_mw2m4gbuot1sohk3w.gif
    840.3 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.