Dragon Age: Shattered Dreams - OOC & Sign-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I apologize for being out of action. I had an inflamed heart valve so I've been in the hospital and dealing with doctor appointments after I got out. This isn't dead for those of you still interested. Although, I will have to make a new OOC as Arlathina made this one and I can't add new details and such.

Hello everyone, I apologize for being out of action. I had an inflamed heart valve so I've been in the hospital and dealing with doctor appointments after I got out. This isn't dead for those of you still interested. Although, I will have to make a new OOC as Arlathina made this one and I can't add new details and such.
Sorry to hear about your health conditions. Hope you're feeling better.

I'm up for altering my character since we no longer have an elf, and honestly, all of Valiant's abilities are cannibalized by Zephyr. If you're interested, I can make a new character to round out the cast.

Sorry to hear about your health conditions. Hope you're feeling better.

I'm up for altering my character since we no longer have an elf, and honestly, all of Valiant's abilities are cannibalized by Zephyr. If you're interested, I can make a new character to round out the cast.
I've lost interest in the RP, I'll copy Zephyrs CS before deleting it from the site

I've lost interest in the RP, I'll copy Zephyrs CS before deleting it from the site
I apologize that I'm the reason you lost interest. I guess "cannibalize" wasn't the best word. I just meant that they have a lot of overlapping, and that the RP would lose nothing for me making a different character.

If you enjoy and want to participate in the RP, I'll bow out. I apologize. I didn't mean any of that.

No bowing, no retreating! There is evil afoot people! We need every man, woman, child, potato to fight it!

I apologize that I'm the reason you lost interest. I guess "cannibalize" wasn't the best word. I just meant that they have a lot of overlapping, and that the RP would lose nothing for me making a different character.

If you enjoy and want to participate in the RP, I'll bow out. I apologize. I didn't mean any of that.
You aren't the reason I lost interest don't worry ^-^ School started for me again so I have to drop RPs to make sure I keep up. This RP was the one I had the least interest in so I'm dropping it u-u

You aren't the reason I lost interest don't worry ^-^ School started for me again so I have to drop RPs to make sure I keep up. This RP was the one I had the least interest in so I'm dropping it u-u
same goes for me i'm afraid, between class and work i won't have time for multiple RPs, sorry guys, hope things go well though

Ahh, if you still find yourself in need of an elf or rogue, I've played all three dragon age games and try to be as well-informed about them as possible. Can't promise I'll know everyone from the books, but...I do try. I'll attach a character sheet for the elf-rogue so that you can look it over if you find yourself in need.

All I want from DA4 is to be able to punch the Dread Wolf. Just once. Also to have my frickin mabari back.

( I also have her twin, a dalish elf-mage if you find yourself needing one of those, too.)​

Name (& pronunciation):
Lupa Sylais Blackthrone

Date of Birth (& age):
Wintermarch 21st (twenty one years old)

Place of Birth:
Minrathous, Tevinter

Species/Racial Origin:
Elf

Social Class/Community Status:
Free elf, works various odd jobs and has a relatively "mobile" status. Most at home with the slum elves, but sometimes finds herself wondering how she ended up at a magister's party serving drinks.

Language:
Fluent in Tevene and the trade tongue, but knows how to curse in Orlesian, Qunari, and Nevarran. Also capable of writing.

Family/Friends/Pets/Etc:
-- Four brothers, one elder, one twin, and two younger (also twins)
-- A handful of mismatched friends, including an information web of slaves and slummers, an altus, an apothecary that can heal you as well as she can poison you, an incredible chef in Halamshiral, and the keeper of a Dalish clan that wanders closest to the Tevinter border.
-- A small pack of half wild dogs that she feeds the leftovers of her dinners to, when she's around to do so.

Physical Description

Height:
5'00"

Weight:
95 lbs

Hair:
Short cropped, messy, and pitch black

Eyes:
Blue

Detailed Physical Description:
Lupa stands at 5'00", and weighs in at 95 lbs soaking wet. Even as elves are known for being more slender than curvy, she's notable for being androgynous. Her joints are small, especially around her wrists and ankles, further more affording her a delicate, glass-like look. Narrow chest leading into a slightly wider hips--the curves she is afforded are few. It's a deceiving delicacy, because for as easily as she could be broken, she's still deadly.
Following this, her face is similarly androgynous, heart-shaped with a narrow chin and somewhat stronger jawline. Her nose and mouth are small, verging on delicate and doll-like, matching with large eyes fringed with dark eyelashes.
Despite living in the heat and sunshine of Tevinter's balmy climate, Lupa's not meant for it. Her skin is milky white and prone to flushing in the warmth, and getting sun burnt if she's not careful to stick to the shade.

Typical Clothing/Equipment:On a day that she's just running scams or pickpocketing, Lupa can typically be found in a loose fitting cotton shirt, tighter fitting black trousers, and boots that lace up to her knees. There's no need, in her mind, to look particularly outstanding from any of the other elves when one is just stealing from magisters and nobles in the square (stupid as stealing from magisters may be). She's probably hidden a small knife in each of her boots, on the off chance one of the other cut-purses thinks that they can mug her and profit from it--but that's the end of her weaponry on a normal day.

If she is expecting trouble, out comes the armor and proper daggers. She stole most of it, bartered for the rest, or looted it off of corpses she ran across while outside the city. Nobody else was using it, after all. The daggers were a gift from a blacksmith's son that was sweet on her, pretty things that glitter silver and are well balanced but otherwise unmarked. One would not suggest trying to take them from her, if they happen to like their hand.

Personality/Attributes

Personality/Attitude:
Overly proud, intensely stubborn, passionate, obnoxious, loud, aggressive, pacifistic, sarcastic, manipulative, kind, loyal to a fault--all these terms could be used to explain Lupa (to varying degrees of success). Other, less pleasant terms have been attributed to her as well. Her particular favorite was 'knife-eared snake' which brought to mind the idea of a snake with ears.
Suffice to say, she's somewhat complicated and prone to mercurial changes in mood that make it difficult to get a solid reading on whatever is going on in her head at any given time.

Skills/Talents:
- Persuasion
- Dirty fighting
- Dual Dagger Mastery
- Sleep powder
- Lockpicks

Favourites/Likes:
- Dragons
- Dogs
- Dirt
- Bugs
- Books
- Inventions
- Magic
- Not being a slave
- Grey Wardens
- Dragons
- Parties/loud crowds
- Dwarves

Most Hated/Dislikes:
- Slavers
- Racial Slurs
- Gender slurs
- Phobic of the dark
- Darkspawn
- Deep Roads/Underground
- Dalish, elves who think they're better than city elves
- Alienages
- Blood Magic
- Demons, pride demons in particular
- The Chantry

Goals/Ambitions:
Lupa's main ambition in life is to stop the slave trade in Tevinter, regardless of who is enslaved. Nobody deserves to have their freedom infringed, not by a magister, not by a circle. She knows that she's a one woman army throwing herself against the walls of an institution ages old, but it hasn't stopped her from helping a runaway slave every time she can, and a few times that she probably put herself a step too close to death for comfort because of it.
Smaller goals include finding her brother and dragging him back to Tevinter and promising that nobody will take him, regardless of how powerful his magic gets, touching a dragon and not getting eaten, and finding someone that she really, truly wants to spend the rest of her life with. That last one is a very minor goal, sort of a daydream.

Strengths:
- Makes friends easily
- Web of informants
- Can be relied upon to have an exit strategy at any given moment
- Multilingual
- Loyal to people that have earned it

Weaknesses:
- Makes enemies easily, too (polarizing personality)
- Terrified of the dark
- Claustrophobic
- easily distracted by interesting people
- Can't cook to save her, or anyone else's, life

Fears:
- Dark
- Darkspawn
- Old Gods
- Templars
- Pride and Desire Demons
- Spiders, to some extent. It's difficult too be too afraid when spiders big enough to ride live just outside of any given city
- Dalish magic

Hobbies/Interests:
- inventing
- fortune telling
- horse riding (the idea is romantic at least, she's never seen a horse up close)
- knife throwing
- sparring with warriors and mages, to learn knew styles of fighting
- Antivan Assassins

Regular Routine:
Dawn - Get up, even if your shoulders hurt and it's damp and disgusting, get up
Noon - Get out on the streets and start working for your dinner, don't get caught
Afternoon - find somewhere out of the immediate way and see if anyone will sell some lunch to an elf (steal some if they wont)
Evening - check in with your friends
Dusk - Head home, keep an eye out for any suspicious intruders, see how the family with the new baby next door is doing

Religion/Beliefs:
Non-religious, but kind of likes the concept of the Creators--even if it seems sad that they'd abandon their people

Fetishes/Strange Behaviors:
-- Collects things, pretty rocks, small animal skulls, scraps of cloth
-- Hates kids, gives the beggar kids money when she can
-- Shows her fear by making stupid jokes

Most Instructive/Painful/Memorable Experience:
Her twin brother left when they were eight and he'd discovered his magic. She remembers her mirror image wrapped up in a blanket before dawn had come, bundled into the back of a wagon leaving Minrathous with a shipment of salt. He looked so small, and Lupa remembers refusing to cry because he wasn't gone forever, and she promised herself that he'd come back or she'd make him.
Over the years, this memory was compounded with watching others with magical ability being toted away to apprentice under someone, noticing people that spoke out against more powerful families branded a heretic and their magical children being made tranquil.
She despises the stigma surrounding mages, even knowing that Tevinter is more forgiving than the southern countries.

Sexual Preference/Experience/Values:
Prefers human men, for reasons unknown to even her. Likes elves just fine, but likes having someone to hide behind. Prefers men, but definitely not exclusive toward them. Flirts, but prone to losing interest quickly if someone more interesting comes along and steals her attention.
Kind of likes polygamy, too. Multiple partners makes her happy, but she's just as content with monogamy.

Education/Special Training:
Taught to read and write, special training was the academy of 'Getting Pushed Around in an Alleyway'--can do basic math, but it takes her a minute and she needs paper.

Place/Type of Residence:
Hovel, just outside the slums, lives alone and sleeps on the floor with a pile of threadbare blankets. Hoards things beneath the floorboards.

Pickpocket, scammer, and hireling.

Place of Work:
Plazas across the city, for the most part. Sometimes hired in to help work a high society party for drink serving or the like, but generally found sitting with her back to a fountain, offering to read fortunes for a small fee.

Work-related Skills:
Quick hands, fast reflexes, persuasive, agile, and charming.

Past Occupations:
- Servant, fired for calling the lady of house an 'Fereldan Dog Lord'
- Seamstress, fired for being too chatty
- Librarian, fired for stealing books (she still hasn't returned them)
- Research assistant, fired for getting too excited about dragons and knocking over a pile of priceless artifacts while she was jumping around "like a fish during mating season" whatever that means.

Reactions: Cerulean
@Dualnte, @CursedDawn

I am sorry to see you two go--but I fully understand your situation. School and work are priorities, and important ones at that. I am kind of glad I had to wait to this point to get going again because to start it then have two players drop after making arrangements makes it kind of difficult. So I know what I'm going in with now. But I would be remiss to say that I wouldn't have enjoyed you two. as well as Arlathina if only our differences hadn't been too great.

@Lupa059

She looks like she will be a fun character to interact with--but don't encourage Tiberius with polygamy, he'll already be incorrigible. He might try to make his own harem. lol

@Cerulean, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt, @Lupa059

As stated before, I will be setting up a new OOC--one that I can control-- it will be similar in design, because I like the tabs. It's easy to find information, and it doesn't look like one humongous post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cerulean
@Twilight Dream

Sounds good. I'll probably be throwing a different character together since it's been a hot minute since I thought about Valiant, and I have another idea I want to try out. It's going to be a Tal-Vashoth, former Qunari, warrior. She's going to be very knightly and generally stand-offish in that way. If that's fine, of course. If you have things underway, I can stick with Valiant.

I might still play. Finally got some art for my guy, by the way. Looking to get it colored.

I could probably figure out something else if having two Qunari [Tal'Vashoth/Vashoth] warriors is a problem though. If it's not an issue, it might be neat to have someone who fled the Qunari interact with someone who was never a part of it.

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with two qunari than one might have with two humans. Non-humans races aren't exactly exclusive. lol

Same class too though.

Lol dude if anything, you will be closer to my dwarf with the fighting style.

besides, just means we need mages and rooges XD

I could probably figure out something else if having two Qunari [Tal'Vashoth/Vashoth] warriors is a problem though. If it's not an issue, it might be neat to have someone who fled the Qunari interact with someone who was never a part of it.
I do apologize. This character was developed in the current vacuum of characters, and the fact I wasn't feeling my own character. Considering it's real hard to have two rogues with the same skill sets. XD Seeing as Valiant and our new comer were very similar, and I wanted to do something new.

Iunno what I am going to do. But I apologize. I will figure something out. Hopefully. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tyrannosaurus Rekt - I mean, I don't have any problem with it myself. No need for apologies. I just wanna know if you'd be cool with us running similar characters.

@Cerulean - Didn't someone already decide to play a rogue? And the main character is a mage, right?

--

If we both run our Qunari, they could totally play catch with Ceru's dwarf. It'd be a good bonding activity for all three of them.

OngsWoJ.gif

I might have forgotten about the mage and rogue. XD

@Vellum

Do you have a character picture you would like to use, that I may add to the mosaic I am going to create; all the character faces will make-up the Dragon Age logo.

@Cerulean, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt

Same goes for you two; make sure to post the character pictures you want so that I may add them to the mosaic. =]

@LVL1337N00B

I am probably going to just use your character's face because the image is so large. Same will probably go for mine, I won't know until I input them all into the generator.

Also, everyone, I've been given the green light to create a new OOC thread by Jorick. So I will be working on that. Once that's up, and everyone makes the transition, I will start on the IC.

Once again, I am dreadfully sorry for the delays; between health and Arlathina leaving me no choice but having to ask her to leave which left me no choice in making this new OOC. I know it can be trying.

I would like to thank everyone for their continued support and time put towards this effort. I will get this done as fast I am surely able. I can't promise it will be as pretty, but I will try my utmost.

Well that pic is the only one I could find. XD So go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.