Dragon Age: Shattered Dreams - OOC & Sign-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Useful
Reactions: Cerulean
I've got 5 renditions of the title page; we are gonna play a game and see which one you all like best--I'll be a tie-breaker.

@Cerulean @Tyrannosaurus Rekt @LVL1337N00B @Vellum

4b2b01f9f54c176bf8d07f15837bea32.jpg

a68d596122b0f0bcf568c1e1661455e6.jpg

3736b0fe2868a16b72291843e8eecbd1.jpg

1c1b1126d022f4704f80a8e1c65de0ae.jpg

60e099d3b14dbd0bfb8b836ea57fef46.jpg

Anything but the last one, I think. The only thing that's different between them is the font, right?

I can't read the first four. ;_; The red is blending in too much.

I can't read the first four. ;_; The red is blending in too much.

I might have to resize them again. I thought the first picture I had posted seemed too large, it was around 1400W x 800H So I cut that in half, which is what these are.

It's not a sizing issue, my ninja.

It's one part colorblindness, and another part, I think the edit is overall too dark. Now, I am only suggesting this because I am also an artist. I think if you somehow got the text to pop out, either through color, light, etc. that it could be a rather nice piece. =)

Not bad, not bad. Make the red lighter in shade and I think you got it.

Okay, when I return from the wild game feast at my church, I will start making the new OOC & Sign-ups. Be sure to have your characters, and coding, saved as I have to tell the moderators to shut this one down.

@Tyrannosaurus Rekt
@Cerulean
@LVL1337N00B
@Vellum

*EDIT: Does anyone know how Arlathina made some of the backgrounds on the tabs red? Also, can everyone see the custom font style she used--how could I do something similar?

Last edited:
I've been getting tips from the help desk. It's...alot more complicated than I thought. So, if the tabs aren't pretty..well, I'm sorry. lol

The custom fonts within a lot of the pages are actual images. I'm not sure if that's what you meant. But, if you're talking about the fonts for races, those are just images. I think they may have transparent backgrounds. Don't know if that helps.

If you guys are still open for new characters, I've been working on a character sheet for a little bit. Please let me know what you think and....
Since I was unable to decide I figured I would leave it up to you guys which appearance would work best. If you would be so good, I would request that you pick one picture and let me know. Thank for reading and I look forward to my acceptance/ denial to this rp.

mage_comm_by_yamaorce-da0y35y.jpg

Name (& pronunciation): Leto Fintan (LAY-to FIN-tan)
Date of Birth (& age): Matrinalis on All Soul’s Day (23)
Place of Birth: Low Town Slum of Kirkwall
Species/Racial Origin: Human
Social Class/Community Status: Apostate
Language: Common
Family: Gave him to the circle as a infant.
Friends: All killed in the burning of Kirkwall

Height: 5’6
Weight: 162 lb
Hair: Thick, jet black locks
Eyes: Light brown
Detailed Physical Description: Medium muscular build. A few scars on his chest. Several diametric tattoos on left hand. Penetrating, serious eyes.
Typical Clothing: Leto wears a loose fitting robes of simple rough spun, deer hide leggings, and a good pair of black leather boots in warm climates. In colder settings, he wears a large linen coat and a small cloak.
Equipment: Leto carries a simple half staff (disguised as walking stick), a dagger, and a few tools, vials, and pouches for collecting herbs and ingredients for potions.

Personality/Attitude: Calm and collected most of the time, Leto is an introvert. He is also a bit of an adrenaline junkie, which comes as a surprise from the quiet one in the group. He is loyal, kind, and has a deep sense of right and wrong. He is generally friendly enough to strangers, but keeps conversations short, as sentences that aren’t well thought out make Fintan uncomfortable. He finds it difficult to talk about himself, but has a gift for introspection when pushed. These reservations also disappear when he begins to tell a story. Some may even say he has an “old soul.”

Skills/Talents:
Advanced skill with Pyromantic Magic
Advanced skill with Restorative Magic
Fair Lute Player

Favourites/Likes: Rain, snow, cold weather in general,
Most Hated/Dislikes: Summer, hot weather in general, ignorance, arrogance, false piety
Goals/Ambitions: Leto ‘simple’ wants a safe place for mages to practice and learn magic without ridicule, being taken advantage of, or persecution. Also wants to stop feeling anger toward the templars that burned his circle.

Strengths: Empathy, persuasion, getting a sense of a person, tedious tasks, planning.
Weaknesses: Long combat engagements, dancing, incomplete logic, overt action (acting without thought)
Fears: Heights, spiders
Hobbies/Interests: Collecting and singing songs, playing the lute, watching a flame dance, the health of local peasantry, rare magical items (minor hobby).

Regular Routine: No day seems routine for Leto. Mostly he finds a place where he can be useful without drawing too much attention to himself. Well into the afternoon, Leto begins to think about where he will sleep. Most nights he is lucky enough to be offered a place to sleep. Other nights, he finds a nice corner or tree to keep in out of the wind.

(optional) Philosophy of Life: “Life is given value when it is used, either to positive or negative ends. Life is like a flame, as it can both destroy and comfort.”
(optional) Attitude Toward Death: “It will come, much like any flame will fade. It is better to appreciate the flame as it is, rather than worry about what will come.”

Religion/Beliefs: Believe’s in the Maker. Finds the Chantry’s view narrow, but believes in it’s tenants (including the part where magic was created to serve…).
(optional) Fetishes/Strange Behaviors: Leto will spend hours staring into a flame while muttering prayers to Andraste. Some lines are strange however, as several references to a cleansing flame and something about ‘watchers’ are added on to some prayers. When interrupted, he seems to awake from a trance. When ‘consciously’ praying these lines are omitted with any memory of these lines gone from his memory.

Most Instructive/Painful/Memorable Experience: Kirkwall which had been his home for his entire life, was burned after the Chantry was destroyed. As the fabric between the fade and the physical plain was already lax within the area, blood mages and crazed templars butted heads in the ensuing chaos. Leto attempted to help any sane mages to safety, but all were either turned or killed as he made his escape, which was only possible because of his affinity with offensive fire elements magic. The blood and flames still remain fresh in his mind and finds his hate for the templars to be justified and silly at the same time. Leto’s assistance on Fade research gave him a unique perspective on how it played a role in the events that lead up to the destruction of the Chantry. These facts combined with the memory of the event makes the events more saddening than anything that inspired great anger. This was the reason he decided to become a wanderer instead of join the fight with other mages. Treating templars was something that Leto would do, but he would more than likely do it grudgingly.

Sexual Preference: heterosexual, but open minded.
Sexual Experience: Very little. A fling with a young mage at the circle before it burned.
Values: “Life has value. One must spend it carefully. Do not waste. Do not beg.”
Education/Special Training: Leto was trained as a healer in a Circle of Magi, giving him a better education than the majority of people born where he was. During his time at the circle, he learned writing, alchemy, some history, some mathematics, and a complete knowledge of the flora and fauna in Tevinter, Antiva, and the Free Marches. Leto at the time before Kirkwall burned, was assisting in research regarding the Fade and how it’s ‘distance’ from the physical world waxed and waned depending on where a person was.

Place/Type of Residence: Currently a refugee/ wanderer.
Occupation: “Wandering Healer or Apostate depending on who you ask…”
Place of Work: The open road

Work-related Skills:
Fair lute player
Good storyteller
Encyclopedic knowledge of wild beasts, animals, insects etc.
Encyclopedic knowledge of wild plants and fungi
Alchemy
Advanced knowledge of local flora and their effects
Healing Spells (Unless I am restricted to the spells that are only in DA Inquisition)
Pryomancy (Fancy way of saying advanced fire elemental spells)
Literate

Past Occupations: scribe, healer, bard (not the spying kind), inn-idler, wanderer.

Last edited:
If you guys are still open for new characters, I've been working on a character sheet for a little bit. Please let me know what you think and....
Since I was unable to decide I figured I would leave it up to you guys which appearance would work best. If you would be so good, I would request that you pick one picture and let me know. Thank for reading and I look forward to my acceptance/ denial to this rp.

Name (& pronunciation): Leto Fintan (LAY-to FIN-tan)
Date of Birth (& age): Matrinalis on All Soul’s Day (23)
Place of Birth: Low Town Slum of Kirkwall
Species/Racial Origin: Human
Social Class/Community Status: Apostate
Language: Common
Family: Gave him to the circle as a infant.
Friends: All killed in the burning of Kirkwall

Height: 5’6
Weight: 162 lb
Hair: Thick, snow white locks/ Jet black locks (Can’t decide on picture…)
Eyes: Light brown
Detailed Physical Description: Medium muscular build. A few scars on his chest. Several diametric tattoos on left hand. Penetrating, serious eyes.
Typical Clothing: Leto wears a loose fitting robes of simple rough spun, deer hide leggings, and a good pair of black leather boots in warm climates. In colder settings, he wears a large linen coat and a small cloak.
Equipment: Leto carries a simple half staff (disguised as walking stick), a dagger, and a few tools, vials, and pouches for collecting herbs and ingredients for potions.

Personality/Attitude: Calm and collected most of the time, Leto is an introvert. He is also a bit of an adrenaline junkie, which comes as a surprise from the quiet one in the group. He is loyal, kind, and has a deep sense of right and wrong. He is generally friendly enough to strangers, but keeps conversations short, as sentences that aren’t well thought out make Fintan uncomfortable. He finds it difficult to talk about himself, but has a gift for introspection when pushed. These reservations also disappear when he begins to tell a story. Some may even say he has an “old soul.”

Skills/Talents:
Advanced skill with Pyromantic Magic
Advanced skill with Restorative Magic
Fair Lute Player

Favourites/Likes: Rain, snow, cold weather in general,
Most Hated/Dislikes: Summer, hot weather in general, ignorance, arrogance, false piety
Goals/Ambitions: Leto ‘simple’ wants a safe place for mages to practice and learn magic without ridicule, being taken advantage of, or persecution. Also wants to stop feeling anger toward the templars that burned his circle.

Strengths: Empathy, persuasion, getting a sense of a person, tedious tasks, planning.
Weaknesses: Long combat engagements, dancing, incomplete logic, overt action (acting without thought)
Fears: Heights, spiders
Hobbies/Interests: Collecting and singing songs, playing the lute, watching a flame dance, the health of local peasantry, rare magical items (minor hobby).

Regular Routine: No day seems routine for Leto. Mostly he finds a place where he can be useful without drawing too much attention to himself. Well into the afternoon, Leto begins to think about where he will sleep. Most nights he is lucky enough to be offered a place to sleep. Other nights, he finds a nice corner or tree to keep in out of the wind.

(optional) Philosophy of Life: “Life is given value when it is used, either to positive or negative ends. Life is like a flame, as it can both destroy and comfort.”
(optional) Attitude Toward Death: “It will come, much like any flame will fade. It is better to appreciate the flame as it is, rather than worry about what will come.”

Religion/Beliefs: Believe’s in the Maker. Finds the Chantry’s view narrow, but believes in it’s tenants (including the part where magic was created to serve…).
(optional) Fetishes/Strange Behaviors: Leto will spend hours staring into a flame while muttering prayers to Andraste. Some lines are strange however, as several references to a cleansing flame and something about ‘watchers’ are added on to some prayers. When interrupted, he seems to awake from a trance. When ‘consciously’ praying these lines are omitted with any memory of these lines gone from his memory.

Most Instructive/Painful/Memorable Experience: Kirkwall which had been his home for his entire life, was burned after the Chantry was destroyed. As the fabric between the fade and the physical plain was already lax within the area, blood mages and crazed templars butted heads in the ensuing chaos. Leto attempted to help any sane mages to safety, but all were either turned or killed as he made his escape, which was only possible because of his affinity with offensive fire elements magic. The blood and flames still remain fresh in his mind and finds his hate for the templars to be justified and silly at the same time. Leto’s assistance on Fade research gave him a unique perspective on how it played a role in the events that lead up to the destruction of the Chantry. These facts combined with the memory of the event makes the events more saddening than anything that inspired great anger. This was the reason he decided to become a wanderer instead of join the fight with other mages. Treating templars was something that Leto would do, but he would more than likely do it grudgingly.

Sexual Preference: heterosexual, but open minded.
Sexual Experience: Very little. A fling with a young mage at the circle before it burned.
Values: “Life has value. One must spend it carefully. Do not waste. Do not beg.”
Education/Special Training: Leto was trained as a healer in a Circle of Magi, giving him a better education than the majority of people born where he was. During his time at the circle, he learned writing, alchemy, some history, some mathematics, and a complete knowledge of the flora and fauna in Tevinter, Antiva, and the Free Marches. Leto at the time before Kirkwall burned, was assisting in research regarding the Fade and how it’s ‘distance’ from the physical world waxed and waned depending on where a person was.

Place/Type of Residence: Currently a refugee/ wanderer.
Occupation: “Wandering Healer or Apostate depending on who you ask…”
Place of Work: The open road
Work-related Skills:

Fair lute player
Good storyteller
Encyclopedic knowledge of wild beasts, animals, insects etc.
Encyclopedic knowledge of wild plants and fungi
Alchemy
Advanced knowledge of local flora and their effects
Healing Spells (Unless I am restricted to the spells that are only in DA Inquisition)
Pryomancy (Fancy way of saying advanced fire elemental spells)
Literate

Past Occupations: scribe, healer, bard (not the spying kind), inn-idler, wanderer.

mage_comm_by_yamaorce-da0y35y.jpg

pf_arcanist_by_yamaorce-d9wtkps.jpg
Is there any specific reason you want me to pic your character picture Arimas?

@Ariamas @LVL1337N00B @Cerulean

Does everyone have skype? If not, then Discord? I just think it would be easier to discuss plot points more efficiently if we were on a chat. I myself use skype more often than Discord. I'm just used to it more, but I do believe I have Discord somewhere on here. But I am presently working on the intro into the story, and I am going to be making the IC very soon. I've been holding off because the Iwaku community content creator Whispering Willows is helping me make the OOC coding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cerulean
I got both, so whichever is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.