Distant Echoes [Reaper Six-Lexie]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
He heard the howl, and looked out the window. Michael went outside and down to her form. "Really shouldn't be walking on that... Want help?" he offered, crouching beside her.

"So you can just run off and leave me to die? I'll take my chances," Anastasia said halfway coldly as she glared at him.

Michael shook his head, "I wasn't leaving you, I was chasing down the bastard who hurt you." he told her. "Your pack was close enough to get to you quickly, but not to catch the other wolf."

Anastasia rolled her eyes and forced herself up. "Whatever," she said before starting to walk away again.

So this was the thanks he got, putting his life at risk for nothing. He huffed and headed back home. "Now I'm not even considering your offer." he said quietly as he headed away.

Anastasia's facial expression changed drastically at his words, from disbelief, to a look of sadness though she wasn't sure why. "I'm sorry," she said quietly, her voice just above a whisper as she looked down.

Michael looked back at her, "the only reason why I went after him is because I can't stand it when a guy hurts a woman. You're on your own when it comes to this crusade." he said, biting off the last word. Although, he wanted to protect her, just something about her drew him in, and he wasn't sure what.

Anastasia turned without a word and looked down as she started to limp back to her cabin.

Michael looked back at her, then jogged over, "but that doesn't mean if I see one I won't take it down," he told her quietly.

Anastasia felt a burning sensation in her throat as she looked up at him. "You might not see it until it's too late," she said just as quietly and looked down.

"I was a sniper before I was a wolf. Wolves can hunt each other, but it takes a sniper to hunt a sniper. Don't worry about me, I'm expendable, after all," he said with just a hint of sadness. If he died, it wouldn't be much consequence to... Anybody. "Want me to help you walk?"

Anastasia nodded slightly, unable to look up at him. "If it's too much of a bother though then don't worry about it," she added rather quickly.

He gingerly took her arm and wrapped it over the back of his neck, "lift your hurt foot," he said, although he was basically carrying her.

Anastasia did as he said and lifted her injures foot off the around, ignoring the stinging.

He slowly walked with her back to the cabin, supporting her. "Want me to take you inside?" he asked at the door.

Anastasia nodded silently once more, knowing she couldn't hardly walk on her injured foot.

He nodded, and opened the door, helping her hobble in. "Where do you want me to help you to?" he asked, looking around as he shut the door to keep the cold air out.

"The couch is fine," Anastasia said softly as she finally found the courage to look up at him. "You never told me your name," she said, determined to get it before he left.

He helped her over, and helped her down to the couch. He sat her near the cushions. "Move so that you're legs are on the couch, I'm going to put some ice or snow in a bag and put it on your leg, so it doesn't swell or hurt much." he said, heading outside, at the door, he looked back, "Michael."

Anastasia nodded with a small smile before once again doing what he said. She lifted her legs up onto the couch before situating her injured one on a pillow, elevating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.