Distant Echoes [Reaper Six-Lexie]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So, you basically want me to do your revenge for you?" he summerised. "I've made my kills in this world, and I don't have a desire to kill again."

"No I don't. Please don't put words in my mouth. I simply want you to help. You don't have to kill anyone. Just leave that to us. But these others like to roam alone and you know what that's like," she pleaded once more as she interlocked her fingers.

"I've already fought people like that. Trying to hunt them down doesn't work. You were the first werewolf I've met in two years of being one. I can't track as well as your people, I can just fight. And I wish no more of that." he shook his head. He wanted to help her, but couldn't. He wasn't sure of his skills as a wolf, especially tracking nomads like she said her targets were.

Anastasia looked down and nodded in understanding. "Alright...sorry to bother you," she said quietly before getting up and walking out. She needed to go for a walk and clear her head.

"Look, I want to help you. I just can't." he said sadly. Michael stood, and walked out the way he had came in, shaking his head, he would have to consider it, what could he gain? Respect, trust, a place at the table? He lived alone, he had no use for those. And he could lose his life, and any shred of trust or respect. He could anger two groups. The only logical solution was to walk away, not to play.

Anastasia shifted and walked into the woods, not bothering to look back. She looked down, and the next thing, she knew, she was on her side, yelping in pain as she got attacked once more, but she knew it wasn't a mountain lion this time. She let her guard down and got attacked by of them. She slowly got up, limping as she looked up at the brown furred wolf. She watched him pounce again and she dodged, but not before feeling it's teeth lodged into her leg. Helping, she fell once again, feeling the pain in her leg leave and the pain in her neck begin.

Michael heard a yelp, and knowing it to be her, was pulled towards her by something inside him. He shifted, and ran into the fray. He charged the brown wolf, and knocked it over as he stood between it and the wounded black wolf. Why did he keep doing this? Why did he protect her?

The brown wolf growled and turned, running into the woods. Anastasia let out a soft whimper, not having enough energy to shift back as much as she wanted to.

Michael launched after it unconsciously, not thinking, just running. Eventually, he caught it, and hit its leg, right on the joint. The crippled wolf yelped as he broke its leg, then another, then started dragging it back by its tail. One back at the cabin, he dropped it with a huff and started away.

Anastasia managed to glance down at the blood-stained snow, and closed her eyes, finally giving in as she lost conscience.

A couple of other wolves brought her inside the cabin to tend for her, as a few more stood guard over their crippled enemy. As for Michael, he was gone. Nowhere to be found.

When Ana woke up, she had shifted back into her human form and sat up, ignoring the pain. She looked around seeing she had been taken back to her cabin and was alone now.

A note had been left nearby, explaining what had happened, as written by one of her pack members.

At his own home, Michael stood on his deck, the M21 rifle on his shoulder, as he looked around.

Ana read the note and growled softly under her breath. She laid back and closed her eyes.

Though the rifle was loaded, he didn't plan on shooting anything. He was just seeing what he could see. He wondered how Anastasia was doing...

Ana glanced at her leg and knew it was broken. Her thoughts drifted to just before she blacked out, remembering Michael running. Left me to die.

Not seeing anything, he went inside, getting some of the mountain lion from last night and starting to eat.

Anastasia growled in pain as she got up, despite her broken left leg. Sighing, she decided to go for a walk, ignoring the pain. She walked outside and started heading in a random direction.

He watched a baseball game as he ate, the window open to let the cool air in.

Ana fell to the snow near a familiar cabin and let out a howl.

Status
Not open for further replies.