Distant Echoes [Reaper Six-Lexie]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael nodded, "I'll try," he smiled. He could cook on a grill or an open fire... It was just one of those things a guy had to know how to do. "I've got to run to my cabin for some things. Will you be okay?"

"I should be," Anastasia said with a small smile. "Unless the boogeyman gets me," she added to ease the tension once more. It was a better attempt in her opinion.

He smirked. "Well, try to survive until I get back." Then he slipped out the door. He shifted and ran home, searching around his freezer for some steak he had stashed.

Anastasia smiled and nodded. "I'll try," she said before he was gone. She closed her eyes and smiled wider as her thoughts ran wild.

He finally found them, and the sauces he would use to flavor the steak. He loaded it into a backpack and headed back.

Anastasia woke up a few minutes later, realizing she fell asleep in the silence. She shrugged slightly and sat up, being cautious of her leg, and leaned against the arm of the couch as she started to sing, waiting on Michael to come back. She blushed again at the thought of him and quickly shook her head. You barely know him. Hell you just found out his name.

Michael opened the door, "do you have a grill, or how do you like your steak?" he asked.

Anastasia smiled slightly and nodded a bit. "Yea out back and rare... obviously," she said with a slight giggle.

He smiled and nodded, closing the door and searching for a grill. It was a gas grill, which wasn't his preference, but worked. About a half hour layer, he walked back inside, two plates of steak, mashed potatoes, and some from the freezer fries he'd grilled.

Anastasia smiled and sat up, slowly bringing her leg over the side. She smiled a bit wider and took one of the plated. "Thank you," she said softly as she carefully sat it on the table in front of her.

He smiled and gave her one, setting his plate on the table near the chair. "Where do you keep your forks?" he asked. He could have eaten like a wolf. But that was for when he was a wolf, now he was civilized.

"Umm in the kitchen, in the top drawer on the left side of the stove," Anastasia said with a smile, deciding to have a bit of fun and sticking her finger in her mashed potatoes. She smiled and locked it off as she laughed a bit.

Michael went over, and got some, and some knives for her. He walked back, smiled, shook his head, and went back to where he saw some napkins and grabbed some, giving her forks, knives, and a few napkins. He sat down with his fork and reached into his pocket to flick out his knife.

Anastasia smiled and wiped her finger off before picking up the fork and knife. She started eating, deciding to stay civilized.

"Like it?" he asked as she ate, and he did as well. Her steak was rare, as specified, but had a special sauce he'd put in it, his own barbaque sauce. A mixture giving it a little sweet, a little sour, a little smoke, and a little bite to the flavor.

"It's amazing," Anastasia said with a wide smile before taking another bite of her stake.

"Thank you," he smiled as he ate too. "If you had a wood grill, it would be much better." he promised.

"Eh. I don't grill often and it came with the house so I deal with it," Anastasia said and giggled softly. She smiled and soon finished her food, sliding her plate away from her.

He smiled, and when they both had finished, he took her plate and washed both, cleaning them off. "Want anything else?" he asked from the door of the kitchen.

"Nah, I'm not hungry anymore," she said with a smile as she looked at him. She turned her body so she was leaning against the arm of the couch and propped her leg back up on the pillow before laying back.

Status
Not open for further replies.