Distant Echoes [Reaper Six-Lexie]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael saw her from a distance, and could tell how beautiful she was from there. He hadn't gotten a good look in the darkness of last night. Then he continued his run through the woods.

Ana brushed off the feeling of something watching her but still kept an eye out. She finally made it to the meeting cabin and walked in, taking her seat as she waited on the others.

He knew he wouldn't be welcome around her people, regardless of what he had done. So he just kept running around his home.

Once everyone arrived, Ana looked around at the others. "We all know he could help us take them down," she said simply as she played with the hem of her dress. "He is somewhere within the territory. Find him. Bring him here. Jonathan and Alissa, you two go. Watch each other's backs." The two nodded obediently and headed out.

When he got tired, he headed home, and started to skin the mountain lion, intending to cut it into smaller pieces for storage.

John and Alissa shifted once they were in the woods and started to look around as she trotted around. It wasn't long before they spotted a cabin in their territory and shifted back. Walking up to it, John knocked on the door.

Typically, people didn't just come up and knock. Michael grabbed his rifle. "Who are you, and what do you want?" he asked, out of sight of the door, but able to retaliate in case of attack quickly.

"Pour alpha wishes to see you," Alissa said confidently. "We don't wish to harm you," she added with a small sigh before knocking again.

Michael sighed. "Fine. Give me five minutes." he told them.

"None more," John said with a demanding tone. They stood in silence and waited.

Michael changed his clothes and walked out ten seconds later.

"Come," was all they said before shifting. Without waiting, they ran into the woods, going straight to the meeting cabin. Upon arrival, they shifted back and walked inside.

He narrowed his eyes at the treatment, but followed them anyway. He shifted at the meeting area and followed them in.

"He's here," Alissa said to seemingly no one since she wasn't looking at anyone. "Thank you," Anastasia's voice rang out as she stood up. She looked at him and gave a small smile. "I see they followed my orders," she added as she stood proudly.

"Isn't that their job?" he replied. "You could have just found me and talked to me yourself."

"I have my own duties I have to fulfill in my father's foot...paw-steps," Ana said nonchalantly. She sat back down and motioned for him to as well. "Please sit," she offered respectfully.

He nodded and sat as bidden, watching her and waiting for her to speak.

"Obviously my parents are dead and you can help," was all Anastasia said, waiting for his reaction.

"How can I? I've got a pretty good setup going on by myself." he asked, looking at her.

"I'm not saying you have to join the pack...but I know the ones who killed them. I swore I would kill every last one of them and you can help because I've seen you fight something obviously bigger than you," she said motioning to her injured arm. "Please," she said softly as she looked at him. Despite the numbers in the pack, having an outsider could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.