Disruption in the Order

Shizaya's small smile returned, but he hid it this time by sipping his tea.
"No, I'm not gonna hit you... My moms a doctor, do you want her to check you out? She doesn't speak very good english, I mean, she's learning, but it's still not the greatest. Still, you look like you should get checked out..." he offered, looking at the digital clock, which was again in his own language and he turned back to face Brendan.
"She should be home soon."

"Yeah, I'll wait. I don't think I can make it home anyway," he admitted. Brendan looked down a little, hoping Shizaya wouldn't ask why his parents couldn't pick him up. That wasn't something he'd want to talk about at the moment. It was a long story and his ribs were hurting.

He smiled again. "So your mom's a doctor? That's awesome, what does your dad do?"

Shizaya shrugged.
"Something in business. He really high up in his company, and that's why we had to move here. The company was expanding, so he had to come here. He taught me English while he was learning, but my mom had a hard time picking up on the language... that doesn't really matter, but yeah. He works in business," he responded, sipping his tea until the warm drink was all gone.
"How come you weren't doing so well in your game? Were you not feeling well? My mom can check into that for you too, if that's the case."

Brendan wasn't about to admit that he had done badly because he was thinking of Shizaya. "Just... Couldn't focus," he said after a moment's hesitation. He cleared his throat and finished the last of his tea. Changing the subject quickly, Brendan said, "My aunt's one of those ladies who helps people learn english, maybe she could help your mom out?"

Shizaya nodded.
"That would be nice, really... are you sure? You know that would kinda... make us friends. Would you actually want to be a friend to someone like me?"

Brendan nodded and looked Shizaya directly in the eye. "If I didn't want to be your friend, nothing from the past few hours would've happened."

"Plus, if being your friend means I get more tea, sign me up," he joked, laughing a little.

Shizaya couldn't help but let out a short little laugh, though it sounded more like a scoff. He had a small smile as he picked up the tea cups and washed them, putting them back in the pantry.
"So, my mother should be home any time now, and my father might be with her or he'll be back later. I never really know when he'll be home."

He smiled a little. He was pretty sure Shizaya had just laughed, and that made Brendan quite happy. He wasn't sure why, but seeing the other boy happy was... Good. He nodded and watched Shizaya. "Alright," he replied, "Mind letting me pop another pill?"

Shizaya looked at the pill bottle.
"Just one. I don't really want you to OD on Advil," he said, getting one more pill out and giving it to Brendan.
"You hungry? I've got a lot of Japanese candy and sweets and stuff. Even some salted sea weed, it's really good."

Brendan laughed a little. "If we're going to be friends, you have to learn to cope with my addictions to sex, drugs, alcohol, and video games," he said, unable to maintain a straight-face. He laughed as he took the advil from Shizaya, and he quickly dry swallowed it. Brendan coughed for a little bit, hitting his chest.

He smiled at Shizaya. "I think I'd like to try some of that candy, I'm not very hungry right now," Brendan replied.

Shizaya nodded, going into the fridge and pulling out some Dango. It wasn't really candy, but it was a sweet treat.
"It's called Dango. Try the green ones, they're the best," he informed, holding the try up to his new friend.

Brendan opened his mouth expectantly. "Put here," he said, pointing to his mouth. "I'm too lazy to use my hands for anymore activity. Feed me." His eyes sparkled mischeviously and he winked at Shizaya a little.

Shizaya looked slightly shocked, about at much as his face would let him, and he looked away, blushing a bit.
"Are you serious?" he asked, looking at the treat, then back at Brendan, then averting his gaze again.

Brendan nodded and smiled. "I don't joke. Feed me." He opened his mouth again and looked up at Shizaya.

Shizaya's blush darkened a little as he sat back down. He took out one of the orb shaped treats and held it out for Brendan to bite into.

Brendan leaned forward and bit the treat. He smiled a little as he ate it, then took the rest of it from Shizaya's hand. "Thank you," he mumbled as he ate the candy.

Shizaya snatched his hand back, setting the Dango on the table. He couldn't believe that he just did that. It was overly embarrassing, and he still had a blush on his cheeks. Other than that, his face was blank. He glanced at Brendan. When the boy wasn't hanging around the popular kids, he was actually very sweet and attractive. He was about to say something when he heard the door open. His mother and father walked in at the same time and Shizaya got up quickly. He bowed to his parents quickly.
"Good evening mother, father," he said, addressing them both. His mother walked in and gave him a hug before putting her bag down.
"Shi-Shi, Kono shōnen wa daredesu ka?" she asked, smiling at Brendan.
"A friend, Brendan," he answered, making sure the words were simple for his learning mother. She nodded, bowing to Brendan. Shizaya looked at Brendan.
"It's respectful to bow to someone you meet," he informed.

Brendan jumped to his feet awkwardly, watching the exchange between Shizaya and his parents. Just as he was starting to have fun... He smiled politely and put his hands behind his back. When Shizaya turned to him Brendan nodded and bowed. "I'm Brendan," he said, even though he had heard Shizaya introduce him already.

Shizaya's mother smiled, then noticed the boy looked beaten up.
"You okay?" she asked, her accent fairly heavy. She walked over, still wearing her scrubs, and made Brendan lay on the ground. She pushed on his chest lightly in various places.
"Tell if hurts when touch," she told him, smiling kindly.

Suddenly nervous, Brendan tried to back up. He laid on the ground obediently though. As she touched near his ribs, he grunted a little. "It hurts there ma'am," he said through gritted teeth.