Disruption in the Order

The woman nodded, feeling around that spot for a moment.
"Brokan," she said, saying the word wrong, but it was obvious what she tried to say. Shizaya sighed, his blush gone now as he looked blank.
"You want to call your parents?"

Brendan started whining. "Broken? It can't be broken. Shizaya I'm dying," he complained dramatically. The strangest part was that Brendan was completely serious as he complained, as if he truly believed he was going to die. "No don't call my parents!" Brendan half-shouted, sitting up. He nodded politely to Shizaya's mom as he stood.

"Thank you ma'am." He turned to Shizaya. "I'm... Uh... Going to go home to get the car, then I'll head to the hospital. Don't worry about me bud, I'll be fine. Thanks for everything," Brendan said quickly.

Shizaya grabbed Brendan's arm quickly, almost blinding speed. He blushed very lightly, letting go almost as quickly.
"We, or I, can take you instead. That way you don't have to drive," he said, staring blankly for confirmation.

"I've made it this long, I'll be fine." Brendan smiled a little, eyes sparkling a little. "And I don't want you to see me crying my head off." He laughed a little and turned to Shizaya, "But if you promise not to tell anyone, I'll let you drive me."

On the right side, Shizaya's lip twitched upward a bit before falling back to it's usual place.
"I promise. I wont tell a soul that you cried like a new born," he teased, though his monotone voice made him sound completely serious. He grabbed his keys off a tray and went to the garage, revealing a nice 2006 dodge charger with fresh, shiny paint.

Brendan hurried after him, though he stopped dead in his tracks to examine the car. "Oh my god, this car is gorgeous. Let's go to a party!" he suggested, smiling at Shizaya. "Who needs the hospital?" Brendan said, waving it off like a bug.

Shizaya's eyes narrowed into a glare.
"I will not go to a frat boy, or whatever you call it, party," he said, getting into the drivers seat and unlocking the door for Brendan to get in.

"Frat boys are colleg boys," Brendan said, getting in. "Besides I was joking, no need to get huffy." He leaned back in the seat, "Anyway, I'll tell you who needs the hospital. Me. Do you think they'll make me call my parents?"

"How old are you? If you're under eighteen, then yeah, unless you seriously object to it. Why are you so against it anyway?" Shizaya questioned, pulling out of the garage and shutting it with the remote he had in the glove compartment.

Brendan sighed quietly with relief. He had just turned eighteen a month ago. "Look, there are two types of families," Brendan said. "Ones who dinner together every night and ones who dinner at different times of the afternoon."

"Please elaborate. Do you all just not get along very well?" he questioned, feeling bad for Brendan. Shizaya's parents had always made sure they ate dinner together, even if one got home really late.

"You could say that," Brendan replied, closing his eyes. "To use an example, your dad works late? My dad loses track of time in the bar. Your mom cooks dinner? My mom gets home from the grocery store with nothing but T.V dinners and then shuts herself in her room. You do homework? I try to stay away from home."

Suddenly, Brendan's eyes shot open and he sat up with a jolt. He did not just say all that to Shizaya. He hadn't intended to tell him, or anyone for that matter, that much about his family. Ever.

Shizaya nodded.
"You can move away, you know. I'm sure you've got a good friend who could take you in while you look for a place, or something," he offered, not bothered by what he was told. Everyone had their own problems.

Brendan started laughing, leaning foreword, but then clutching his ribs as pain went through his body. "Aha, ow ow," he stuttered. "Oh god, Shizaya. Have you met my friends? My good friend, y'know, Harry? Yeah, I'll stay with him." Brendan turned to Shizaya, smiling a little. "Unless... Was that your way of saying you'll let me stay with you?"

Shizaya bit the inside of his lip and nodded, glancing at Brendan.
"Of course I wouldn't tell you to stay with your "real" friends. They're all ignorant fools," he pointed out, glancing at the boy again.
"No offense, though."

"None taken. You were there, you saw everything. Which one of those guys stood up to help me out with Harry?" He turned for a moment, then leaned back again to close his eyes. "Anyway, thanks for the offer. Will your parents mind?"

"My dad might a little, but he'll be fine when he gets to know you. My mom won't care at all, you just have to help her speak english," he answered, finally pulling into the parking lot of the hospital.

By now Brendan was almost passing out. The pain seemed to get more intense with each breath. "I'm sure your dad will love me," he gasped out. Brendan got out of the car, stumbling a little, then started walking towards the entrance.

Shizaya helped Brendan as much as he could, walking into the emergency unit. They were immediately taken to a roof where Brendan was forced to lay down until the doctor came in not long afterward.

Brendan felt himself blacking out. It didn't help that he was starving now. Should've taken the sea weed over the candy, he thought. "Doc, fix me up quick," he said, his voice quiet.