Disruption in the Order

Shizaya couldn't help but roll his eyes. The doctor nodded.
"You should've taken the sea weed," he pointed out, looking out the window at all the tiny people below them.

"Shutup, creepy mind-reader," Brendan muttered, surprised that they had thought the same thing.

Shizaya rolled his eyes a little again.
"It's just a fact, you dork. Everyone's thinking it," he said, though his light smile was evident this time.

Brendan smiled and shut his eyes, leaning back on the hosptial bed. "Dear Shizaya," he said, as if reading a letter. "If I die, I leave my most prized posession to you. My dearly beloved" —and he hesitated for a moment and his smile widened— "xBox 360. If you dare through my darking child away, give it away, or not play with it, I'll haunt you. Forever."

Brendan laughed, without opening his eyes, his cheeks turning a little red. Why am I acting so weird around this guy? he wondered.

Shizaya's scoff/laugh came out again as he looked at Brendan.
"It's official, you're a dork," he said, looking at the doctor who laughed as well.
"Okay, you should be good now. Just don't do any strenuous activity, don't go to your glass during passing period. I'll give you a pass so you can leave class a little early. When you get home, lay down and do nothing else. Got it?" she said as she wrote him the pass.

"Yes ma'am," Brendan replied. He looked up at his friend as he sat up and smiled. "Hear that? No strenuous activity, you'll have to feed me from now on."

Shizaya blushed, looking away.
"Eating is not strenuous, so no," he said, immediately turning to the door and walking out.

"It's very strenuous," Brendan complained, walking after him. "I have to pick up the food, lift my arm, and then, what if I drop the food? I have to go back down to pick it up."

He sped up a little to walk in front of Shizaya, turning around to walk backwards and smile. "Besides, I like it when you feed me."

Shizaya averted his eyes shyly, sighing lightly.
"You're not going to give up until I say yes, are you?"

Brendan shook his head. "Nope, so you better say yes or... I'll never eat again and you'll have a starved child in your household," he said, crossing his arms.

Shizaya ALMOST groaned in irritation.
"Fine, whatever," he sighed, walking back to the car. The doctors already had the health insurance, and it didn't really matter that Brendan wasn't covered. Shizaya had put it under his name, not Brendan's.

Brendan followed Shizaya. "Hey Shizaya!" he prodded gently, poking his friend's cheek, "We're pals right? Do you want to go watch a movie? I'll pay."

"We can get one on Netflix at home. I don't want to go anywhere like that until you're better," Shizaya said, swatting the hand away from his face.
"Is that okay?"

"Fine," Brendan said, poking him one more time and laughing a little. "Sorry, you look cute, it makes me want to poke you," he admitted.

Shizaya looked down, blush darkening.
"Don't call me cute," he said, crossing his arms and walking ahead of Brendan by a few steps.

"What? Why?" Brendan walked faster to catch up, walking alongside him. "You are, I'm sorry to break it to you. You're very cute," he said, smiling.

Shizaya groaned, shaking his head.
"Shut up would you?!" he shouted, and for once anger and embarrassment shown plain as day on his face as he glared at Brendan, stopping dead in tracks. He took a deep breath, getting rid of the look on his face, returning to his monotonous expression.
"You. Do. Not. Say. That. To. Me," he said, sounding serious and almost... hurt.

Taken aback, Brendan stood frozen for a few moments. He nodded his head and put his hands behind his back, his mouth setting in a firm line. Brendan put his head down, feeling rejection from the same guy twice in one day was enough to keep him quiet.

"Sorry," was all he murmured as he stood there.

Shizaya sighed, nodding.
"Let's just go home, I'm tired," he said, continuing on their way to the car, then driving to the house. He walked in the door after taking his shoes off, walking into the main room.
"My room is upstairs, the door with black framing," he said, since all the doors were rice paper doors, his was the only with black framing.
"You can sleep in the guest room, which is directly across from mine."

Brendan remained quiet the whole way, following Shizaya slowly. He slipped his shoes off once they were in his home and followed the other boy into the main room. He kept his head down as he nodded. "Alright, I'll go up now," he said, not looking into Shizaya's eyes.

He turned and plodded up the stairs quickly, looking around for the room Shizaya had indicated.