Disruption in the Order

"Don't call me that. I'm Japanese, not Hispanic," he pointed out, looking at the notebook thoughtfully.
"We should do something with deep meaning behind it. Maybe a boy and his first dog, or something like that?"

"Or maybe a boy holding a broken heart," Brendan suggested. He smirked a little and said, "Shizaya-sama." He knew he was being bothersome and childish, but that was just Brendan. "Y'know, or maybe a guy being rejected viciously for trying to be nice."

He laughed gently and looked away. "Oh lord, I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone now."

Shizaya's eyes narrowed into a slight glare. He shook his head, taking a deep breath and standing up.
"I'll just ask for a different partner," he said simply, walking around his desk and in the direction of the teachers desk.

"No wait!" he half-shouted. He dove over the table and gripped Shizaya's shirt, holding him back. Brendan felt his face turn red and hot, but he ignored it. "I'm sorry! You know how I am, at least, it's probably easy to tell. I'm not used to people openly hating me," Brendan admitted quietly.

"Please stay though, I promise I'll be quiet from now on."

Shizaya sighed, walking back and sitting down.
"It's not that I hate you specifically. I just hate everyone you hang out with and the moral values you have in hanging with people you believe to be idiots, based on what you told me earlier."

Brendan sighed with relief as Shizaya came back. He sat down straight in his chair, folding his hands politely in his lap. "I... I have my reasons," he replied quietly. "Anyway, I'll start sketching that boy with his dog."

"You don;t have to, it was just a suggestion. Make what ever you want, please... What are your reasons for hanging out with them? Are you afraid of being someone like me? You know, getting bullied all the time, having only a few friends, and so on?" Shizaya asked, rubbing his throat as if it hurt him to talk.

Brendan shook his head, pulling out a pencil and beginning his sketch. "I don't really have any other ideas." He sighed a little, shutting his eyes and thinking. "I just... I don't know... I like feeling as if people accept me..." he admitted, his voice getting even quieter.

Shizaya actually gave the faintest hint of a smile and shook his head.
"Why do you need so many people to accept you, though? Everyone wants to be accepted, you just have to decide who you want to accept you. For instance, I'm openly gay, and everyone bullies me for it, except the few friends I have because they accept me for who I am. Make sense?"

He nodded, "I suppose it does."

Brendan sighed a little. "But, let's say there's something you really love, like a sport and... To play it, you have to be on a team with other people. You know what these people accept and what they don't." He bit his lip a little. "I need them to accept me... Because if I tell them the truth, they'll bully me off the team."

"But you don't have to be accepted by everyone on the team, you just have to be able to work with them. You don't have to give that team every detail of your life, and you don't have to hang out with them all the time either. Only when it is necessary. Also, you don't have to have everyone on that team accept you, just the select few who are like you. Or you could just find a new team," Shizaya explained, wrapping his hand around his neck, coughing lightly. He had never said so much at one time to one single person.

"But they're all the same," Brendan complained. "And how do you propose I find a new team? Go to another school?" he snapped, unintentionally, making him feel bad. Brendan sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry... I just... Nevermind.."

The small, almost unnoticeable smile had disappeared at this point.
"I guess you really are no different then them. You're just two-faced," he sighed, his eyes looking sad, though his face remained stone cold.
"You can start the sketch, I'll see you tomorrow," he said, collecting his things and standing out of his seat right as the bell rang. He walked briskly out of th classroom, not wanting to speak anymore.

Brendan's face burned. "That's not fair! You don't know what I have to go through," he shouted, slamming his hands on the desk. He clenched his teeth and packed his own things. He would do a sketch, but there was no way he was ever speaking to Shizaya again. It was useless trying to tell people about his problems.

Shizaya rolled his eyes, having heard the boys last words. If he had any idea the kind of bullying, he wouldn't be saying that. Shizaya went through that ullying, and because his art partner was two-faced, he didn't have to suffer.

Brendan wandered around the hallways for the rest of the day, grumbling. Despite the anger he felt deep down, his main instinct was to breakdown and sob and admit that Shizaya was right. They would find out someday, right? Maybe if he just told the guys on the team, they'd accept him. They had known him all this time after all.

Shizaya simply did not want to see or speak with Brendan. He didn't like people like him. He would admit that the basketball player was attractive, and if he would learn to accept himself and not just follow the heard, Shizaya would like him. However, until that day, it was just not meant to be.

Finally, at the end of the school day, Shizaya spent his time collecting his books that he would need that night before rushing out to the buses, only to find that his was already pulling away early. He sighed irritably, walking over to the side of the school and sitting in the shade against the brick wall, his knees pulled up to his chest, and he waited for the late bus. Unfortunately, there was also a basketball game, and Shizaya found himself dreading the ride which would be full of sweaty teenagers who desperately needed shower's and Brendan, again.

Brendan was shoved to the ground, the other team's player flying over him and scoring a basket. "Dammit Brendan!" he heard another guy scream. Harry pulled him to his feet harshly. "Get your head in the game or I'll beat your ass in the locker room!" he shouted. Unfortunately for Brendan, he was completely serious.

Brendan sighed and shook his head, trying to clear it of thoughts. He needed to focus. Stop thinking about that guy! Brendan shouted at himself.

Shizaya sat, watching the clouds move. Being him, he had already finished all his homework and was unable to do anything else. He'd be damned if he'd go in to watch the game. After an hour, the bus pulled up five minutes before the game was set to end, and Shizaya hurried to get on so he would have first pick of his seat.

Brendan stumbled out of the locker room with a black eye and a bloody nose. The bloody nose was from an opponent's elbow, the black eye was from Harry's fist colliding with his face. The last five minutes had been the worst of his life and by the time the buzzer went off (72-10), Brendan knew he was doomed. His vision was slightly blurry, but Brendan stood up straight, stumbling again as each of the other boys shoved him into a wall as they headed to the bus.

"I'll be damned if I tell these guys the truth," he grumbled to himself, following them to the bus. He got on mindlessly, holding an ice-pack to his eye, unable to see Shizaya.