Disruption in the Order

Shizaya moved closer to the window, hoping to go completely unnoticed by Brendan. The boy looked like he had gotten hit, but Shizaya couldn't fathom why. He was popular, good looking, MVP... unless he was havig sex with someones girlfriend, he could't figure it out.

Much to Brendan's dismay, Harry decided that giving him a shiner wasn't enough. The other, slightly bigger, boy sat next to Brendan. He put a hand on the back of Brendan's neck and pulled him close. "Next time, pay attention. The people wearing different colours do NOT need your help. You have to BLOCK them. Got it?" he asked, his tone menacingly calm.

Brendan nodded and Harry pushed him aside, making his head hit against the window. "You're usually a good player Brendo, I think I'm actually enjoying being able to yell at our prized MVP," Harry admitted. Brendan glared at him throught the eye that wasn't covered with ice, but he remained silent.

Shizaya sighed. That explained a lot then. He pulled a spare pencil out of his bag, aimed, then threw it at the boys head.
"You should stop that. Not only is it annoying, but it only proves you're own ignorant stupidity, and it shows that you;re simply jealous because he's better than you and you know you're just going to grow up a lonely little virgin working at McDonalds for the rest of your life," he said, voice void of all emotion, despite the fact that he knew he probably just screwed himself over.

Time seemed to freeze as the pencil hit the back of Harry's head. Brendan was torn, he wanted to laugh and cry at the same. He heard Shizaya's voice and his mind seemed to click something in place.

Harry turned slowly and Brendan could swear he heard him growling, like a dog or something more vicious. He stood up, cracking his knuckles. Brendan could already hear the whispers from the rest of the team: "Oh snap", "That kid better pray Harry doesn't kill him", "How soon do think that kids neck will snap?" they said.

Brendan cursed himself for a moment, then lunged out of his seat. The ice dropped to the ground and he caught a hold of Harry's arm. "Leave him alone," Brendan said. "Don't you dare do anything to him." Brendan could see the rage in Harry's eyes and could hear his teeth grinding against eachother.

"Brendo, you are so dead when this bus stops," Harry growled.

Brendan knew it was true and yet... "Why are you so mad Harry? Because you know it's true?" he taunted. So dead. He looked at Shizaya for a moment, willing him to stay quiet and let Brendan deal with Harry.

Shizaya stared back blankly, not having anything else to say. he intervened once to help out, but as of now he knew he couldn't do anything. He would probably help Brendan out once they were off the bus though, seeing as his house was only a block away from where the bus the bus stopped. Not to far of a run.

Harry and Brendan fell from the bus in a flurry of kicking and punching. The driver was shouting at them, but they took no notice. Rolling his eyes, the driver left as soon as Shizaya was off, everyone else on the bus looked out the windows to catch a last glimpse of the fight.

Brendan was feeling himself ready to pass out as he aimed a punch to Harry's face.

Shizaya sighed, walking back to his house and unlocking the gate. There stood a large, fit, and young German Shepard. Shizaya gave the dog one order in japanese and it was off, barking menacingly at the boys fighting, running straight at them. Shizaya walked calmly and boredly behind, watching his dog grab hold of Harry's arm and drag him off Brendan.
"Good boy," he mumbled when the dog came trotting back.
"You should hurry," he said to Brendan, turning and walking back to his house with the dog at his heels.

Harry tore his arm away from the dog. "Ow! Dammit!" he shouted.

Brendan lay on the ground, watching. "Shizaya," he said, his voice subdued. "Can I go to your house? I don't think I can make it to mine..." he asked, standing up unsteadily. "I think I'm dying," he complained quietly.

Shizaya rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, you can come over, just don't be such a drama queen," he said monotonously. He unlocked the gate and let his dog in first, then walked over to Brendan. He walked with the boy to the gate, locking it when he was inside.
"You want something to eat?" he asked, opening the sliding back door and letting his dog and Brendan in before himself.
"Take your shoes off, right there," he said, pointing to a mate. He slipped his shoes outside, putting them on the mate before he walked in.

"But my head hurts," Brendan complained, following Shizaya.

He obeyed and kicked his shoes off, setting them next to Shizaya's. Brendan held a hand to his head as he looked around. "Actually... Can I just have an ice-pack and dome vikaden, or something?"

Shizaya nodded, walking through his kitchen, which was decorated in many Japanese trinkets and had a calendar, written in kanji, pinned to the wall. He went into the medicine cabinet, where many of the medicines labels were written in Japanese as well, but pulled out an Advil bottle, written in English. He pulled out one of the pills then filled a glass with water and handed it to Brendan. Finally he pulled a wrapped, frozen salmon out of the fridge ad handed it to the man.
"That's the best we've got. Sorry for the culture shock," he said, knowing his house had almost nothing in English, most of the food was bought at one of the Japanese food stores in the area. It was also decorated with many luck and health trinkets, some pictures of him and his family, a large wall scroll of the Japanese gods, and many other things. The living room had a small tea table and four pillow seats around it, an unfinished shogi game sitting there, waiting. Over all, the house looked like it was taken straight from Japan and transported to america.

(Image of the living room: http://www.kunzdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Japanese-living-room-concept.png )

Brendan looked around while Shizaya got the things he'd asked for.

He quickly swallowed down the pill and chugged the water in a few seconds. Then Brendan took the fish and put it over his eye, gasping a little in pain as the coldness touched his swollen eye. "Ow..." he muttered quietly.

Brendan tried to smile a little bit. "Hey, I think it looks cool," he said honestly. "And, on the bright side, it doesn't look like someone just went around buying furniture from yardsales and the flea market." Brendan laughed gently. "Seriously man, that's what my mom did to our house."

Shizaya gave the slightest of smiles, hardly noticeable unless someone was paying attention.
"No, we just brought everything here when we moved from Japan. You want some tea?" he asked, looking through a cabinet with glass jars, filled with something that looked like spices, but it was just teas.
"We've got really good Jasmine tea that my grandma sent us from Japan, if you want to try that."

A small scrape on his cheek prevented Brendan from widening his smile. Though, he noticed Shizaya smile and that made him happy. Brendan watched the other boy closely for a moment before realizing he had been asked a question.

"Oh? Yeah, I'd totally love to try tea," he replied quickly.

Shizaya nodded, pulling the jar down and getting hot water, grinding and mixing in the leaves.
"Tell me what you think," he said, handing the boy his small cup when he finished, sipping from his own.

Brendan set the salmon down to hold the cup with both hands. He sipped the tea a little, taking in the flavor for a few seconds. "What I think?" he repeated. "I think this is the best tea ever." Brendan smiled and drank a little more,

Shizaya's smile grew ever so slightly and he looked away shyly.
"My grandmother grew the leaves herself... You want to sit down? We don't really have normal chairs, since everything came from back home. You don't mind sitting on the pillows, do you?"

Brendan shook his head. "Not at all, I've actually... Been wanting to sit down," he admitted. He smiled at Shizaya warmly. "Your grandma grows these leaves? Thank her for me then! I wish my grandma sent me things."

Shizaya nodded. He led the boy over to the tea table, sitting down on the pillow on the opposite side of Brendan.
"Yeah, she sends us newpapers too, since my dad doesn't really care for the news here. It's really neat, even though we get them a few days late," he said, his smile disappearing to his blank face again.
"Uh... you can leave whenever you think it's safe. I can't really imagine you wanting to be here, since... well, I'm not your typical company, after all."

"Newspapers, eh? That sounds pretty nice," Brendan commented, sitting down. He shrugged a little as Shizaya spoke. "My typical company is the company that doesn't beat the shit out of me for a few mistakes. Unless you're going to hit me for thinking this was a bass and not a salmon, I think you're cooler than them."

Brendan laughed a little, then put a hand on his chest as a pain shot through him.