Demon Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai stared down at the cross in disbelief. That wasn't possible. He was human, why would a holy symbol burn him? He almost reached for it again, but his hand started throbbing and he drew back. No, he hadn't imagined or hallucinated it. But it still made no sense.

His memory wandered back to the muddled, awful part he'd been trying not to think about. After he'd had his legs kicked out from under him, some creature landing on his back and digging its claws into him. It hadn't hacked at his back, the cuts had been deep and agonizing but deliberate. He twisted to look over his shoulder. His shirt was torn and missing large pieces, and beneath it he could see ragged, bloody gashes. It looked almost like a design of some kind...

The demon had done something to him. Kai couldn't think clearly enough to figure out what, but something in his gut told him he needed help, and quickly. Taking up his dha-shay he struggled to his feet, swayed and caught himself on a treetrunk. He started in the direction of the Academie, moving slowly, staying on the alert.

Barely able to lift my head I manage to murmur "Celeste is that you?" Collaspes back to the ground after handing Celeste a bag filled a clear substance with the words use only for emergency injuries written on it. "Pour some over my major cuts and injuries but not to much"

Elle nodded, handing her weapons to Arie. She deftly climbed down with the boy who needed help, making it to the bottom. She waved a hand at Arie, indicating she was ready for her weapons to be thrown down. Granite seemed to have somehow already arrived at the bottom, though, but Celeste was helping him so he should be alright soon.

Arie rushed over to granite with Celesta, but when she moved to help poor the medicine over him, arie had a vison of a boy back at the east in of the forest looking down at something, obviously in pain. Coming out of the vision she got up and went to Elle before she climbed with Will and spoke in a soft whisper, "Theres something i need to take care of, Elle make sure the group gets into the bunker. I'll be back either later tonight or early tomorrow." and with that she waited for Elle to make it to the bottom and tossed down Elle's weapons then walked over to granite and celesta, "hey guys i have...to go do something ill be back later on" with a devious smile she adds, "I dont want any surprised added teammates when i get back you two." She laughed and sprinted back to the east in of the forest boosting her abilities so she was impossible to chase after.

Kai didn't make it five paces before his leg gave out. It felt like he'd sprained something, probably when he'd gotten knocked down. He needed something to lean on. Struggling to get his breath back, he looked around the battlefield for anything that might be useful. Was that a crossbow? Sheathing his sword he crawled over to it (he moved faster that way) and took it up from the limp hands of its red-haired wielder. Looked powerful, and in his shape he needed a distance weapon; he didn't have the strength to wield his dha-shay so if a demon came within arm's reach he was as good as dead. He couldn't rely on luck, or whatever had saved him before, now.

Slinging the crossbow over his shoulder with a wince, Kai braced himself and tried to stand again.

Elle caught her weapons and got the other two to the bunker. She wasn't sure what Arie needed to do, but decided to not ask for now. She also wasn't sure what she meant by "added" teammates, but no extra members were planned yet.

Celeste wouldn't have any trouble getting down, but Granite might. She climbed her way back up the cliff, moving to assist Granite. "Need help?" she offered.

Celeste considered what to do. She didn't know what the stuff was and didn't really want to touch it. The medical kit in her bag was one thing but this was magic. Then Arie took control of the situation applying the healing substance and getting the knight back on his feet. It was a bit of a shame. His armour had been rent where it had been pierced. It was lovely armour and would take some time with a forge to repair.

"Don't worry Ella and I can lower you," she said to Granite, "You shouldn't be pushing yourself. You might reopen your wounds."

Arie began to run faster and faster through the forest feeling the demon energies all around her, as night began to cover the sun Arie knew that chances of making it to the boy in time was slim. Finally she could see where she ,Elle, and Granite found Celesta. Looking around she noticed familiar trees and markings from the vision and sprinted there. Bursting through the trees so finally stumbled a crossed a badly injured boy, rushing to him she whispers, "I need you to get on my back, Im Arie from the academe, I know of a safe house." Reaching down and helping the boy up, who turned out taller then she had expected. Off in the distance she heard demons all around, "come on this way." she said softly, leading him in the direction of the bunker.

Gritting his teeth, Kai walked a few steps towards the next tree, and leaned on it to take the weight off his ankle. It was swelling up painfully inside his boot, from the feel of it, but not dying was more important, and in the chorus of his injuries it was little more than a tenor. More importantly, he could hear movement in the trees around him, and he started to raise the crossbow.

Before he could shoot, something dashed out of the trees before him, and he recoiled with a startled shout. His head spun; Arie? The name sounded familiar...Then she was helping him up onto her back. Everything was so crazy he decided it wasn't worth testing her or trying to fight; if she'd wanted to kill him she could have already done it with her superspeed.

"Where is everyone?" He asked, his voice hoarse.

Looks up at Celeste and Elle "Thanks for helping me, normally I don't accept help but this time I might make an exception" looks down at my mangled armor "should we take this off or do you think you can get me down with it on?"

Carrying the boy she boosted her abilities again causing her body to glow and began to sprint at lightening speed, "I dont know.. There are a few survivors already at a safe spot already. Thats where we're heading now." She smiled at him over her shoulder then added, "What's your name sweetheart?" she asked trying to keep him from falling asleep.

"Survivors...what about the Academy?" Kai asked, not liking the sound of the phrase "a few survivors." He was a little surprised she could smile at a time like this, if things were that bad. But then maybe she was trying to make him feel better; not a feeling he was used to. Both his teachers and his family had always emphasized toughness. Was he that badly hurt? "I'm Kai."

"It would be easier without, but it shouldn't be a problem regardless," Elle told him, shrugging. "If it's easier on your body to have the armor off, we can retrieve it after bringing you in."

Shrugs and winces as a searing pan cuts into my shoulder "I think I can take it off just give me a minute" starts to peel off my armor my skin cut and bloody in a lot more places then I thought. "Okay I think I'm good, if you want we can try to get me down now"

Putting him onto her shoulders, Elle nodded. She quickly made her way down the cliff, though a bit slower this time since he was a little heavy, even without the armor. However, she managed to get him into the bunker without a hitch. "Are your wounds alright?" she asked him.

(sorry I was traveling most of the day or I would have been on sooner)

For much of the exchange Ren was silent, watching as the group argued back and forth about their presence. Perhaps they looked worse off than Ren had initially thought, tattered clothes, dirt smeared over their skin, Will's very obvious cuts and bruises, and her already covered ones. Will seemed very reluctant to climb onto Arie's back but an assuring pat from Ren and the warm smile from Arie was enough to convince him along. Hands now free Ren drew out a large hunting knife from a sheath near the small of her back. The majority of the blade looked to be simple steel but the cutting edge itself looked to be silver in origin. It was in fact blessed silver, the blade had been a gift from an old and forgotten friend while the hilt was thick and heavily bound so as to protect Ren's own hand from the effects of the silver. For all the worry about her well being Ren kept up with the group well, staying just far enough away so that Arie wouldn't stumble over her and close enough that she could yank the pair out of the way with her free hand if something descended from the trees and attacked.

"It definitely feels like we are here." Ren said more to herself than to the group, Will nodding earnestly. The presence of the Angel's mark was enough to give her a moment of pause, but charms that hung against her chest and ankle would give her safe passage with little ill effects.

"Ren can't swim." Will chimed in as he slid from Arie's back and regained his footing. "She just sinks."

"I don't sink. And I am not a..." Ren started to grumble but she never made it to the word witch. If the girl wanted to believe she was a witch for the time being then so be it, it would make things easier for now. However the group was distracted as suddenly Granite emerged through the trees and stumbled towards them. With everyone distracted Ren took the opportunity to tie the rope off on a nearby tree before tying the other end of the rope to Will's waist. Lowering him swiftly she called down as the boy worked to undo the rope from his waist.

"Stay close to the door. I will down in a second." Beforing turning her attention to Granite and the girl who had not wanted her to join with the group.

"Strip the armor, we can toss it down to the ledge and get it in the morning." She said perhaps a bit rushed. As he did begin to peel off the layers of armor the scent of fresh human blood hung heavy in the air, demons would soon flock to them if they were not careful. Getting inside now would save them a lot of trouble.

"And where in the hell did Arie go?"

Tears welled up as he asked about the academe, "t..the academe has fallen, as for a few hours ago.. there is no more no haven for us anymore.. we're on our own." a tear fell and Arie turned her face away hoping the Kai didn't see it, changing the subject she remarked, "I can hear the waterfall were almost there!" But as the words came out demons began to chase us, Aries eyes went wide and her breath closed up in her lungs for a moment. All she could do at the moment was run, sprinting faster and faster she saw the cliff and the few who haven't made it down yet, "RUN!"Arie screamed as a demon swept at her feet causing her to trip sending Kai rolling off of her and next to Granite. Quickly demons swarmed in on her and she began to shoot them, her bullets during the day would of taken them out with one hit, but now it took three or four.

"Yeah I'll be fine don't worry to much about me." Looks at Elle surprised that she would ask if I was okay. Starts to shiver and sits down "I might need a glass of something warm though." Looks around and grimaces. "I found something interesting after the carnage of the battle though." Holds out a dark fragment "it was lodged in the back of something I've never seen before." Sees the swarm of demons taking over Arie and pulls out zekrom firing the trigger the massive burst of holy energy enveloping the demons and shredding them to bits. Collapses again forgetting that gun worked by draining parts of the users energy.

"Arie had business," Elle stated flatly to Ren and Will. Elle looked around, not seeing anything warm. "Sorry, I don't believe they have anything like that here," she told him. "But what is this...?" Elle didn't recognize the object either.

Suddenly, she heard Arie shout. "I'll be right back." She darted back up the cliff. It was starting to get a bit tiring. She rushed to Arie's side, helping fend off demons with her two weapons. "Arie...who is this new boy?"

Atop the cliff Celeste grunted as she helped Ren lower Granite. Hand over hand, she lowered him, foot by foot. At one point, she almost lost her grip and sent the pair tumbling to their deaths but Ren managed to pick up the slack until she got her grip once more. Then, before she knew it, everyone was down in next to the base of the falls before the thick armoured door that could probably stop anything short of a tank round.

Status
Not open for further replies.