Demon Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nods in approval. Sounds like our best shot at survival. Looks at the group and smiles chuckles a bit and says this reminds me of my good days back during the time of the original academy, before my father passed. Looks at Arie first the Elle then looks at Celeste and says, you didn't get hurt by any chance right? I have some abrosia here if you need it.

Celeste seemed more or less okay, but rather weakened. Elle frowned a bit at the mention of the Academy's fall. That meant there was no true safe haven now. Even at night they'd have to make sure to keep aware. Though she was fine with Arie leading for a little while, she wasn't yet prepared to actually elect her as the leader, and pretended she didn't hear the boy.

Arie came up with a plan. It wasn't bad, but she wasn't sure if she should lead. She specialized on speed and heavy close range attacks while the boy seemed more armored. But she decided she was capable enough to act as a front line anyway and agreed with the plan, nodding silently.

"I'm fine," she told him, shaking her head. "But tell us your name. It's hard to work with someone with no name."

"Well the day just seems determined to get worse and worse" Ren thought darkly as she tightened the bandaged on her forearm, stemming the flow of tar colored blood that flowed from the fresh bite wound. A few more wraps and the stained bandages were hidden under a layer of fresh ones and her illusion was once again complete. Who was she maintaining appearances for? Even she could not say as of yet. These quiet woods were usually perfect grounds for the practice of spell circles, with holy ground almost within site, and dense trees that made it hard for most demons to navigate by air a prepared caster could make a quick retreat if something went wrong. Yet here she was, crouched low among the dense brush with a chunk missing from her arm and a caster that was wearing a rather disconcertingly blank expression.

A black barked spruce kept the pair out of sight and the smell of Ren's own black blood covered that much more subtle and sweet scent of Will's all to human blood. Pulling a far to big, and quite badly tailored, shirt around his small frame Will looked up at Ren with wide hazel eyes. There was a general agreed upon silence between the pair but seeing the panic in the child's eyes Ren took a moment to ruffle Wills muddy blonde hair. Both jumped and froze in place as the air stirred and another dark shape passed by over head. A deep frown marked the rapid thoughts that spilled in Ren's mind, they had to get moving quickly it was only a matter of time before some hungry demon sniffed them out, and in his weakened state Ren could not draw fresh power from Will or ask him to cast a circle of hiding without risking him further. Her silent musings were broken by the sharp crack of a gun. Several more sounded and with careful ears Ren considered their distance. Academe students most likely, the occasional scream was concerning but their presence gave her an idea.

"You ready?" she asked her voice a bit deeper than one might have expected. Will didn't speak an answer but gave a quick nod straightening up he lifted up a large old tome from where it had been wrapped in his arms and stuck it into the small pack that Ren carried before clambering up onto her back himself. On tired feet Ren dodged out of the thick brush and was off running with her own worries and Will's fears nipping at her heels and driving her forward. Being barely eight Will hardly weighed the demon down even in her reduced state, but even so there was a tiredness to her movements that betrayed the toll the fight had taken on her. As they got close Ren slowed down, it wouldn't do to run straight up to the group and run the risk of surprising them. Now just out of sight Ren approached with heavy slow steps hoping that they would hear her first, at the very least so it wouldn't seem like she was trying to sneak up and ambush them. Finally in full sight Ren awkwardly cleared her throat and shifted dark eyes from one person to the next.

"Peace to you slayers."

My name is Granite Smiles faintly, and I hate it. Looks away from the group and murmurs quietly, hoping no one hears it, No one looks at me the same when I tell them that. They all are terrified to talk to me because I'm some ignorant mans son. Turns back to the group and looks at Celeste and asks her, does that answer your question well enough so we can move on? And you would never of seen me only heard of me. I'm a shadow in the academy for my own reasons.

Ignorning Granite's statement Arie turned at the sound of a girls voice calling out, "peace you slayers." Looking now she saw them slowly submerging into sight and realized how badly they were injured. Rushing over to the two she asked, "Are you alright?!" Realizing it was a stupid question she started calling out to Granite and the others she said, "Guys we need healing they're hurt pretty badly!"

Moves swiftly to join Arie in aiding the injured students. Gathers up gauze and ambrosia from my health pack and begins to lace it around each of the wounds carefully and neatly just like he had millions of times before in the infirmary. They'll make it, it'll hurt like hell but they'll make it.

Looking into the eldest eyes she asked, "You two airn't from the academe are you" She asked then studied each of their faces. "nor are you slayers or mortals, so who are you and what happened?" she tried to use a calm leader like voice, but could hear the fakeness dripping off each world like acid.

"Ah I'm fine." Ren almost took a step back as the two suddenly approached her but they seemed more worried about the injuries that the two had sustained than anything else so after only a moment of hesitation she let Will slide off of her back, pulling him in front of her so that he would be tended to first. The male that had approached was quick and determined in his work but Ren matched his determination in resisting the bandages that he tried to pass over some of her wounds. The ambrosia worked wonders for mortals like Will but it could burn her skin if she was not careful. When the girl suddenly spoke up again Ren mentally cursed the ill luck that plagued them.

"We are not students no." She said carefully, thinking carefully on her next words. "This is Will he is a caster, I am simply here to protect him.

Her words were more directed at the guy who seemed more inclined to talk, but Ren still kept a close watch on the girl. One hand keeping a very firm grasp on Will's, ready to pull him out of harms way if that girl should make a move.

Arie saw the determination and protectiveness in Ren's eyes the reminded her of someone long ago and losened up a little, "Ah i see." she smiled. "In that case would you like to join me and my friends." she noticed how Ren also rejected the ambrosia and realized that she wasn't like slayers or humans if she had to reject it. With that she put a hand on Granite's shoulder, "Grainite she's fine on the ambrosia." Arie gave a smile to Ren hopefully getting a crossed to her that she understood.

Looks at Ren "Don't be afraid, I'm granite and this is Arie" takes off my gauntlet and holds out my hand as an offer of peace. "Your concern is justified though" continues to patch up Will since Ren seemed more concerned about him. Then turns my focus to Ren pulls out a small pouch with some berries in them. "I know ambrosia can burn you so I'm thankful I have some gaveentine berries" hands Ren a few. Looks at Arie and chuckles "Okay there Chief your the boss"

"So to where will we progress?" Elle asked. With the addition of two more members they'd have to make a new formation. "After getting Celeste's crossbow, we need to find shelter somewhere. We can't just stay in the open the whole night."

"I can't say the extra eyes aren't welcome." Ren said with a half smile as the girl relaxed a bit, and there was even a hint of real gratitude in her eyes as the girl suggested that the ambrosia be put away. Then again it could just have been a bit of panic, the Academe wasn't known for its kindness towards creatures not of human blood, but taxed as she was she was left with few options. Will seemed more eager to join with the party with his various cuts and bruises tended to and ambrosia warming his stomach he was more energetic than he had started.

"This is Ren." The boys voice was soft but determined and he gave his companion a stern look as she hesitated for a second to take the offered hand before grasping it in a hearty shake.

"Granite and Arie." Ren repeated in an effort to fix the names in her memory. The berries he offered much more readily accepted and she popped several into her mouth before palming the rest away for later. The berries were tart but not entirely unpleasant as they provided a quick energy that demons very rarely found outside of humans. However her attentions was distracted as something inhuman called out in the darkness and a soft wind blew by.

"your friend is right we should get moving before the rest catch up to us."

Last edited:
Celeste calmly replaced the spent shells in her shotgun. So far she hadn't been hurt thanks to the others, only knocked down. Thus she didn't need the ambrosia and politely refused it, insisting that they save it for the future. Who knew how much healing they might need later.

"I don't think we should go looking for my crossbow," Celeste countered, "it's dark. We could stumble around for hours and not find it and there are a lot of demons out there. I still have my shotgun. It's loaded with holy water and iron shot.

"I think we should avoid heading towards cemeteries or churches. The demons would be focusing their search there.

Sitting back for a moment thinking, "True, though i wouldn't know of where else that would be safe for us." thinks a bit more debating her options taking in what celesta said. "I guess if you guys really want to risk it there's an underground Alpha squad emergency bunker on the south side of the forest. Though i highly doubt we'll make it there without being seen or jumped its about an hour to a hour and a half run from here but im more concerned about Ren and will being able to make it." Looking at Will's small form then turns to Ren, "Ren i have a feeling that you're able to keep up but having Will on your back or running beside you will probably decrease your chances of keeping up with us. If you allow me I have an ability that allows me to boost my speed and endurance so i could carry him and be able to shot demons if necessary with ease, and if it makes you feel better ill keep pace with you so you can be next to him and protect him when needed." Arie knew it was a lot to ask but looking at our chances and the quickly setting sun there wasn't very many options left. Facing the rest of the group she said with worried eyes, "I dont want to risk us getting hurt but the bunker is all i can think of that will hold for the night. Unless you know of anywhere closer or safer please speak now we've been through enough tonight as it is i'd like to keep anymore injuries to a minimum." Looking back at Ren she smiles, "I wont make you do anything you dont seem fit for you and Will, but i want you to know that i know somewhat of what you're going through. When i was younger my little brother was all that i had left to me after our parents died in a demon swarm last year. The academe was able to take us in though when we arrived we were jumped and my brother was bitten and filled with poision." With pained eyes she added, "When he passed i vowed to protect all who was in need demon slayer or not. I dont know if thats what your looking for but i thought i'd let you know." She smiled at the girl, and her eyes turning slightly misty at the memory before turning back to the rest, "whatever happens tonight we need to act fast. By looks of it we only have a few hours before its dark."

Last edited:
Elle had no objections to the plan. She didn't know where else they could stay either, so Arie's idea was a fairly good one. "Let's get going then," she stated. "Do you still want me to stand in front? I don't know the way, but I suppose you could point it out from behind me."

Putting the fact of two extra members in to place, "It'd be quicker if i lead. Since i might be carrying Will Ill have Ren run behind me, so you and Celesta will run beside Ren and Granite will take up the back so Ren will be surrounded and at easy access to take Will if needed." Arie looks at everyone then asks, "Does everyone have what they need?" Turns back to Ren holds out my hand to her in a form of peace and partnership, "what'd you say Ren? You coming?"

Knowing the bunker Arie spoke of it would be stock piled for a few days time just long enough for them to re organize their group. "I have no objections to the plan personally but right now we need to focus on whether we take the direct root there and cut through the forest or take the long way around and take a perimeter approach." Looks at Ren "How did those berries work by the way? I prefer them to ambrosia they seem to have less side effects and consequences."

Last edited by a moderator:
Arie softly bit at the corner of her lower lip then looked up to the tree tops remembering the figure she saw earlier. She knew the forest was the most dangerous but the quickest, but all other ways would letting them be seen in plain sight and would take longer as well. She looked at everyone then down at Will holding the boys hazel stare for a moment before looking back at the group and saying, "Time is running out, I say if we take the forest cut it'll be the fastest rout. Though it'll be packing with demons and demonic figures so we'll definitely have a fight, but its better then taking the other routs that would leave us in the open to be ambushed and surrounded, so either way we'll have to fight. My biggest concern is if we run into another cursed spot and we're left powerless again." With that said she could feel the demonic energies rising with the sun sinking lower and lower into the earth.

OCC: All demonic forces become more powerful at nighttime making them harder to kill and escape from.

Celeste nodded her compliance. She had been about to vote for Elle as leader but with Elle choosing Arie as leader her own vote would have counted for nothing. Their choices were logical. An underground bunker would be easier to hold until morning. She personally would have opted for running through the open where their guns would have had more impact, where they could clearly see any enemies they came across. The forest was better for the demons. Many of them could be lying in wait behind trees or in the brush waiting to leap out and with their invulnerability they'd be difficult to put down.

Celeste took a knee, her green eyes peering through the murky gloom as she sought out any threat to the team. With one hand she pulled back the fiery curls in their pony tail back over one shoulder.

"I really think we should leave the witch and her companion behind. Not only will they slow us down. They could be in league with the demons. -and what is this about a cursed spot?" Celeste said as she folded up the stock on her shotgun so that she'd be better able to react quickly.

OOC: Celeste hasn't yet seen any of the others hurt a demon and thus thinks they are still invulnerable.

Elle was a close range fighter, so a forest setting suited her better. She agreed to move through the forest shortcut. For her, it was perhaps the safer option anyway.

"The cursed area disables seems to render most of our weapons ineffective. Basically, makes demons incredibly hard to kill. If we keep these two in the middle, we can keep watch on them, whether they're in league with demons or not," she said to Celeste. "Let's move."

Status
Not open for further replies.