Demon Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covering Kai from the holy blast holding him close for a moment, "this is kai." She said before passing out on top of him from the injuries

Kai stared in disbelief at Arie. He glimpsed a tear as she turned back, but his mind was reeling and he didn't register it. The Academe? Gone? All the graduates and squads...impossible. What kind of massive demon horde could have gotten past their defenses--onto holy ground, no less?

"H-how?" He stammered, incredulous.

But the conversation was interrupted by the arrival of demons, pursuing them. Kai felt Arie speed up, and fumbled for the crossbow, thumping against his back with each stride. He didn't get the chance to try and aim it; Arie released him and he fell. He saw the ground rushing up towards him and then everything went red with pain.

When he came to himself again, probably seconds later, he heard gunshots. With a groan he lifted his head and looked back. Yes, it was Arie, shooting at the demons as they came on. Before he could do anything, there was a blinding blast, and he felt something pressing down on his chest, making it hard to breathe.

Gets up slowly seeing everyone around laying there, finds Celeste and rushes to her side. Brushes her hair out of her face and checks for signs of life murmuring "thank god she's alive" before collapsing again in exhaustion.

Elle sighed. Now there were two more to get down. But at least they were safe. She lowered them down to the bunker and called for Granite, but he'd collapsed too. Sighing, she took a seat on the ground. At least they were all safe, for now.

Wakes up and looks at Elle "hey" my voice coarse and hurting "are you okay?" Sitting up and checks over my body peeling my blood stained shirt off. "Looks like I'll need a new one of those, tosses it to the side." Laughs and smiles "Honestly I'm just glad to be alive."

Breathing softly Arie woke up next to kai, groaning she attempted to sit up but was met with a huge headache and laid down immediately. Breathing hard she tried again a second time and managed to stay up looking over a kia, "arw you ok?" Before seeing they're in the bunker and sees everyone, "is everyone ok?" She asked Elle who seeme dc to be the only person up.

"I'm...fine," Elle said, rubbing her eyes. Despite the safe haven, she didn't feel completely safe and kept watch. "I suppose you do need a new one," she told Granite.

"Everyone is okay, Arie, just injured," she told the other girl. "Hopefully we have enough medical supplies for them, though, to speed their recoveries. Granite seems to be the worst off, maybe only Kai is as badly injured."

Kai felt the weight lifted off his chest, and gasped for breath. He wasn't able to move before a pair of arms caught him and pulled him a few feet, lowering him onto a cold, concrete floor. He was too sore to sleep, so he just tried to roll over onto his side and take the pressure off his throbbing back. Hearing a voice he opened his eyes, and saw Arie on the floor beside him. She must have fallen on him--probably shielded him from that blast.

"Okay? I don't think so," he said, grimacing.

Looks at Kai and hands him the bag full of clear liquid. "Don't ask just do" puts some on my wounds watching the liquid do its work and heals most of the tissue leaving behind just a few scars and scrapes. Flexes to make sure everything felt alright and once I was satisfied that I was okay I got up and walked around working out any kinks in my muscles.

Kai wanted to ask if the stuff was ambrosia, he'd heard about it but never seen it used, but the stranger had just told him not to ask questions so he kept his mouth shut. Jerking the bag open with unsteady hands, he twisted around to pour it over his shoulder and down his back. His hands trembled a little and he tried not to spill the stuff.

Smiling in relief she relax a little, "here let me help you." she said to Kai rubbing the medicine on his ankle and other injuries. Once that's done she moved over to Granite helping him with his back. "You really took a beating didn't you?" she smiled at granite

"Someone open the vault," Celeste ordered, unfolding the shotgun's stock and taking a knee, "This is a bad position to hold for long. We need to get inside and spin the locks."

She wasn't kidding. A dead drop cliff was easy to use to an enemy's advantage. It was like being trapped in a pit. Demons could simply roll or drop rocks down over the edge and some demons were quite strong and could drop big rocks. That was assuming they didn't just rip up trees and used them as big lumbering spears.

Peering upwards she cast the end of her shotgun around at the edge of the cliff top, ready to shoot at any demons that showed themselves.

"It's an advanced form of ambrosia" seeing the confusion in Kai's eyes. "It's a medical compound of it and is used in extreme cases of injuries. I have some actual ambrosia right here" holds up another bag. "We will be using it later as needed."

It seemed the medicine was very effective. Elle stood up, trying to keep her mind awake. "Looks like we're better off than I thought," she said, walking over to the two injured men. "So...what's next?" she asked.

getting up Arie found the mark of Gabril and pressed her hand against it. The whole waterfall began to shake and stire as the bunker was relieve to everyone, "Celesta's right everyone head inside it'll stay open for a few moments before itll shut again." She ordered trying to look like normal hiding her injuries momentarily.

As Arie started rubbing the compound into his back and ankle, Kai felt the throbbing worsen. It started as a prickling feeling, faint but warm, and grew into the smoky fire of hornet stings. He jerked away from Arie's hands with a startled cry.

"Is it supposed to burn like that!?" He exclaimed, looking around at the man in confusion. He could already feel blisters rising on his skin.

"We should camp here for now heal up and then decide on affirmative actions" looks at Arie and smiles "if that's okay with everyone that is." Leans against the wall and breaths in the air and remembers the many nights he had spent here as a kid. Startled by the kids shock. "I would be concerned if it didn't I have an immunization shot for it but you don't so you will feel the pain of accelerated healing don't worry it'll just last a while."

Elle nodded, moving into the bunker. She tried to stifle a laugh as Kai screamed at the medicine, but accidentally let it out. "Sorry about that," she apologized to him.

Looks at Elle "oh did you want some?" Teasingly faked throwing a splash of it on her. Looks for Arie and spots her in the back of the bunker. Walks over or her and says to her "your hurt and no matter what you say I'm going to fix you. Understand?" Smiles and chuckles expecting a snarky remark.

Kai nodded, breathless but relieved. After the moment with the cross, he'd started to feel as if something more than his wounds might be the problem. The pain was getting duller, at least...he let his head sink to the floor of the bunker, hoping distantly that he wasn't going into shock or anything, because suddenly it was very hard to make himself stay awake. He was out of the forest, the immediate danger was gone, and with it the adrenaline rush that had kept him on his feet. The last thing he heard before losing consciousness was a snort from one of the other woman and something that sounded like an apology.

((OOC: Going offline for the night.))

Status
Not open for further replies.