Demon Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glaring slightly at Celesta for bringing up leaving behind someone Arie adds to what Elle said, "We're not leaving them behind Celesta, they came to us so it's our job to protect them." Arie had an uneasy feeling overcome her about Celesta, but ignored it for the sake of time. Facing Ren and Will, she said , "guys we have to go now before it gets any darker." Arie smiled at the boy hoping he would cooperate as she squatted down so it'd be easier for him to jump on. "Will do you mind getting on my back for now? I'll make sure that Ren will be in reaching distance of you." she smiled at him over her shoulder then activated her ability causing her body to glow for a quick second.

Celeste dwelt on that thought. Cursed places? Could that be possible? In a strange way that made sense. Much like the hallowed ground of churches and cemeteries these cursed places might have been set up as fortresses against demon hunters.

"Well," Celeste said absently, wondering to herself at what Ella had explained, "It's not likely they could make these places quickly, I hope, or those demons would be using it all the time. My guess is that they need an area where lots of people died or where something horrible happened. Maybe they can create one with human sacrifices?"

Then Arie began to complain about Celeste's suggestion they leave someone behind before starting to run off.

"I'm just saying," she explained as she rose from her crouch and ran after Arie, "that we could save more than just two lives if we actually got out alive. No offense. I'm just thinking like a soldier."

Looks at Arie "Celeste is right on this one I'm afraid. Thinking of saving 2 lives may risk the entire groups lives" looks around "however the more numbers we have the greater our chances of fending off a horde will be. Now if anyone else has any brilliant ideas I suggest we move out" Starts to pack my gear then stops suddenly hearing noises from the forest coming closer "you guys hear that?

"Indeed. They likely take a great deal of preparation," Elle agreed with Celeste. "But it would still be foolish to go without a plan of dealing with one."

As for the topic of trusting the two, Elle added in her own opinion. They needed to get going and arguments about these two wouldn't help. "Adding numbers will be fine, and as long as we keep an eye on them we do not have much to fear. Let's get moving."

At Granite's mention of a noise, Elle fell silent and stood still.

Arie was glaring at Celesta, ignoring everyone at the moment as Will timidly climbed on her back. She stood up adjusting to Will's added weight, "Even soldiers have hearts from time to time, and like i said earlier they came to us. Now I don't know what that means to you but for me it means both Ren and Will are now part of the team just the same as you, Elle, or Granite." Arie snapped, "Look either accept it or not we're leaving now. If you have issues with me then we'll talk about it in the bunker until then just stick to the plan or find your own way." She huffed instantly regretting what she said she sighed, "I'm sorry Celesta, but we're all tired, sore, and were thrown into this mess just as much as you were, so can we please just save the bickering for later and get out of here?" The sun was about half way down, and Arie could feel the demonic energy rising even more and called out, "we're leaving now! Everyone get into position." Arie faced the direction of the southern end of the forest, smiling a bit as Will clung tighter to her. Looking over her shoulder she saw Ren's worried face standing behind her and gave her an encouraging smile, but just as things were finally setting into place Arie felt demons drawing near her and the group and shouted, "There coming! We need to go!"

Shouts to the group "You guys go! I'll stall and whatever you hear don't look back no matter what." Prepares myself to fight and flips down my armors face mask "I'll meet you in the bunker before 2 days time, if I'm not back by then I'm dead" looks at the group before saying to Arie "Make sure Ren and Will stay alive they are more special and important then meets the eye. Now go!"

Looks at Granite confused, then double checks to make sure everyone's in place, "You better not make me come look for you dipshit!" She called to him before taking off with the others.

Elle nodded to signify her acknowledgement. She took off into the forest with Arie, Celeste, and the two others. "Where is the shelter?" Elle asked.

"It was... just a suggestion," Celeste answered, rolling her eyes.

Then came the noise from behind and the armoured knight deciding to stay behind. That was sheer suicide. There were probably enough of the demons scouring the countryside that stopping and delaying them would be ineffective. Still, it was really noble and might help in the short term since most of the demons in the area would be attracted to the sounds of conflict.

"Keep a big tree at your back," Celeste suggested to Granite and raised her shotgun to her forehead as a form of salute to him before following the others, "and if you live through this I may just give you my phone number."

Arie replied to Elle, "Its on the southern end of the forest, bout an hour or so from here by foot. When we reach the southern in we need to look for a clear cut next to a water fall, and along side the cliff bed should be the archangel Gabriel's mark." She increased her speed fixating on forest spread before her.
images

Smiles and laughs "Thanks for the advice I'll keep that in mind" focusses on the task I just accepted thinking of all the good times I've had and possibly if I make it out of here could still have. "Good luck to you, all of you." Closes the opening to my helm one last time and prepares myself for the battle of a lifetime.

"Understood," Elle answered. She didn't really want to leave Granite behind, but if it was his decision she wouldn't force it. They kept moving until she heard the sound of falling water. Well, that was the waterfall.
"We've arrived, it seems."

Arie smiled at the sound of it, "I suppose we did." Looking back at celesta she smiled and teased, "Flirting with the knight in shining armor huh." she laughed as they drawn near the sound of rushing water they all were faced with a gigantic cliff as their destination so happened to be at the bottom. "shit i forgot about this." Arie cursed

Last edited:
"I suppose I and Celeste could climb our way down, but that'll be much harder for you with the one on your back," Elle stated. "Perhaps he could jump once we make it down, and we could try to catch him. Though that's pretty risky, for obvious reasons," she suggested. It wasn't a great suggestion, but she couldn't think of another, better option.

Arie looked down the cliff side and noted it was over 30ft tall and said, "I guess it could work.." Not having barely any options left, "with my ability i would be able to jump and take to landing easily especially with the water i could land it, but i have no idea if either Will or Ren can jump or swim." She sighed thinking of ways to overcome this struggle but kept coming up empty handed.

"I'll take them down then," Elle told Arie. "I'm used to carrying around my zanbato and knife. A person wouldn't be too hard, as long as he doesn't resist me while I go down. If you would be willing to throw my weapons down after me, I'd be capable of going down. I'll catch them and should be able to still swim with those. I'm stronger than I look."

Arie smiles at Elle, "thank you" squats down letting Will get off, "here if you hand me your weapons I can jump down now and meet everyone down there." Straightens up streatching a little.

Back in the east end of the forest, the bodies of the first group's dead were growing cold. Well, most of them.

With a groan, a young Burmese man slid his arm beneath his body, tried to lift himself up. His dark hair clung to his face and neck in bloody clumps, and his limbs trembled. More blood stained his clothes, particularly across his back, which had been raked open. A demon with long claws, he thought, his head was fuzzy. Bracing himself, he pushed up, forcing himself to his knees, and then upright. He wavered as dizziness swept over him, but he just focused on his breathing and recovered.

He looked around, almost too tired to feel anything. He recognized some of the bodies. Minko. Lewis. Anastasia. The others were too badly mauled to identify. There were a few demon bodies scattered among them; at least they'd gone down fighting. All but him. Who'd have thought a scrawny little teenager like Kai could survive a battle that took out so many talented men and women?

What Kai wanted to do most was lie down and sleep, but he knew that would probably end up as his final sleep. He forced himself to think through the haze of pain. Had to get back to the Academy. Infirmary. Shelter. And he might have to keep fighting to get there alive. Where was his dha-shay? He looked around, spotted the sword gripped loosely in the hand of one of his fallen comrades. Must have taken it up after he went down. Kai started a slow crawl towards the sword.

As his fingers closed around the hilt, something white-hot scorched his hand, and he recoiled with a yelp of pain. What the--demon fire? There was something glinting in the corpse's palm. More cautiously this time, Kai grasped the lower hilt of his sword and slid it free. The gleaming thing was a small rosary, wound around the corpse's wrist. A small silver cross, splattered with blood, lay on the now-open palm.

Kai stared at the little necklace in disbelief. That couldn't have been what hurt him. He reached for it again--after all, he needed all the protection he could get--and again he felt a sudden searing pain in his fingers, as if he'd seized a sword right out of the forge. He closed his hand around the cross, jerking it free, and felt his skin burning. With a curse he let go, dropping the rosary into the turf. It smoked. There were bright, shiny red burns on his palm; the most prominent was in the shape of the cross.

"W-what?"

Broken and bruised bleeding almost everywhere. Wondering how in hell I suvived that I limped toward the bunker barley able to stand. Finally emerging into the clearing sees Elle jumping into the water manages to get out a "hey" before collapsing blood slowly pooling around me.

Celeste sighed and shrugged off her backpack, then placed it down before her. She rummaged around through it, pulling out some MREs, a firestarting kit, pencil and notepad and other sundries common to a soldier's pack until finally she pulled out a length of rope. She'd never imagined she'd actually use it for climbing. Usually one used rope for constructing emergency shelters, constructing a travois or other similar things.

"Only thirty feet?" Celeste said, as she peered around for a good place to tie off the rope, "That's good. The rope should be long enough. We should let the witch and child go first. They probably have no training in descen..."

"Granite!" she called out, barely able to believe he was still alive, "Oh my..."

Dropping the coiled rope she raced across the distance and fell to her knees at Granite's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.