Darkmoon

Azalucia turned around at the sound of tears. As the child was brought away, she went up to Leone. "What's happening?" her voice showing the concern she had for the boy. "Why is he crying?" She had only heard a hurry of words.

Leone brushed himself off as he stood up. His expression was troubled. His gaze flicked to Azalucia when she approached. "A drake is attacking that kid's village on the other side of the mountain." He explained gruffly. Using a bit of equip magic, an oddly dark colored rapier appeared sheathed at his side and a beaten up backpack was slung over his shoulder.

"Do...do you want me to assist you?" she said after swallowing the lump in her throat. She knew she couldn't do much, but she could do enough to put on a fight. She didn't want Leone to go alone, in case he got hurt or worse.

"I'm not sure if going off to fight a drake will be a good first mission for you." Leone spoke thoughtfully. His gaze was heavy as it rested upon her. "It isn't safe in the slightest, and there's more than a good chance that the kid failed to give me all the pertinent information." His words came slowly and carefully, making sure that the trainee knew just how risky this was. "Drakes are also incredibly strong creatures who use elemental magic." He added, watching her closely for any sign of hesitation.

"I know, but...when I joined I told you I'd help as much as I can, and I'm sticking to that," Azalucia said. "And you had said everybody can help in one way or another, so how can I help, Leone?" She couldn't bare see another cry. I'm not afraid, her eyes seemed to say as she looked at him for a response.

Leone let out a soft sigh with her responce. "Alright, you can come with me. But if I tell you to do something, it's for your own good. Understand?" He spoke as he headed towards the door. He couldn't afford to waste time when lives were on the line.

Rose knew Leone had a soft spot for children. She would go but she was on a 6 week mission suspension after she was injured in a fight with a drak guild. She made her way back to the office and began cleaning it. "When was the last time he cleaned this."

maxresdefault.jpg

Name: Claurise
Species: Nymph
Magical Specialty: ecokenesis
Personality: Claurise is a very reserved woman, she is cautious of all yet is elegant and strong in manner, she is not easily swayed but is gentle and warm to those who deserve it
History: unknown
Theme song:

Claurise sits quietly outside the doors,her back lining the curve of a trees bow, her pale eyes lifted towards the disturbance.
She has been sat here now, unmoved, for four days gone, her what seem emotionless eyes flickering from one display to the next, person to person and yet so far no question of her presence had come about.
Her head lifts quickly as comes the presence on Leone and his new recruit and she watches intently as they speak, her eyes drawn mainly to the man who she has been informed is the 'head' of the guild. She draws her lower lip into her mouth in thought and chews softly against its smooth pink surface.

"I understand," Azalucia was happy that she was finally going on a mission. Months of training here had grown boring, and she was ready to venture the world, fight dark magic, and so she smiled. She followed Leone towards the door, meeting eyes with someone she didn't recognise, and hesitated, before walking again.

Leone walked around the side of the building, to the stables. "Can you ride bareback?" He asked his companion, wondering whether or not he'd have to attempt to saddle up his stubborn horse. Or get knocked flat on his ass in the process. His horse was an elven war horse back in the olden days, but she chose him as her partner and that was just how it was. Whether or not the tall black mare would allow Azalucia to mount her was also an unanswered question.

Last edited:
"I can," Azalucia said, admiring the horse's strong figure. She knew not all horses wanted a rider, wild in the soul, but they could be persuaded. She hoped this mare was an easy one to mount, and to ride without falling off. Azalucia didn't know whether she'd need a bridle, but didn't feel like asking. There wasn't much time, she supposed that from Leone's voice, and she did say she'd do everything she was told to.

Leone opened the door to the mare's stall and nodded his head in respectful greeting to his horse. The horse nodded back, snorting softly. "Alright Lumae... This is my friend Azalucia. She's a good person. You think you can let her ride with us?" He spoke gently to the horse, whose sharp blue eyes looked over the girl. The mare stepped forward, past Leone and to Azalucia. She lowered her head to eye level with the girl, her gaze expectant.

Azalucia was surprised that the mare acted much like a guild member rather than a method of transportation. She couldn't help but feel slightly nervous at the huge animal walking towards her and bending down. She smiled, her eyes begged. Please, it's my first mission, she thought.

Claurise allows her lip to fall from her mouth before bringing her hand up to her face, her fingers brushing delicately against the small silver balls that line the curl of her silver eyes. 'How can I allow myself to trust this man when the world is so at loss?' She ponders on this for a moment as she watches them attend to the horse. 'Yet he seems so kind...'

She sets herself forwards slightly, her spine arching as she slumps into Her hands, head propped and eyes still watching. A smile creeps across her face at the thought of a future. As her mood rises a delicate weave of tiny thin green vines rise from the ground and begin to wrap around her toes and ankles, sprouting the odd tiny green leaf as they go, as though she where part of the earth.

The mare snorted softly, a hint of amusement seeping into her gaze. She raised her head and nodded softly at Leone, which brought a smile to his face. Once upon a time, she probably would have tried to attack Leone and everyone else who came near her. But Leone had managed to earn her trust and the title of her partner. He approached Lumae and gently stroked her neck. "Alright. We need to get going." Leone spoke to both of them. Lumae carefully bowed down before them, allowing them to get on her back. Leone was first to get on, murmuring his praise to the horse.

(sorry have been busy with festivities)

Marie watched the girl walked away and looked back seeing everything that was happening but stood quiet. She had a quiet presence. Almost not noticeable which would probably make her a good spy since she seemed to just blend in. "um...i show myself around then" she said softly with a smile. Not knowing if they noticed but she turned and began to walk around the building. Peeking into rooms and such.

"She must be strong to hold us both," Azalucia said, flying onto the mare as she was a clumsy mounter. "I'm excited, Leone. I know it's bad to be excited for such a thing but...its a mission!" She wanted to dance around in her excitement, she was finally going on a mission, finally making her mark on this new world. "I'm anxious, but excited." She didn't know why she was telling him but she guessed it made sense.

"Saying this probably won't explain much, considering how long ago it was they used this term, but she's an elven war horse." Leone explained as Lumae stood up and walked out of the stable. "I'd suggest holding on tight." He added with a small smile. Elven war horses were renowned for their intelligence, loyalty, strength, and speed. Not to mention longevity. The horse then took off at a full gallop, moving a bit faster than your every day horse. His mind was running over all the information given by the child. A drake attacking an entire village, that seemed a bit strange. Drakes normally blocked off passages and targeted smaller groups. But a whole village...? That was very odd. It gave him a bad feeling.

• Useful
Reactions: un coin de soleil
"An elven war horse. Sounds interesting," Azalucia repeated the name many times to remember it. At the order to hold on tight, Azalucia remembered her promise to follow Leone's orders. She gently took hold of the mare, hoping she wouldn't startle her. She loved the speed, what with the wind through her hair and the loud drumming of the hooves touching the ground. "Could we cause a distraction as the other attacks or is that a bad idea?" she asked Leone, hoping it was a good plan to take out the drake. All they needed was a way to distract it now without killing anybody. She couldn't think of what a drake was, she'd simply never heard of one. If it was like a ghoul, however, she despised it.

"That might work for about twelve seconds, then it'll catch on and probably get us both." Leone replied simply. "Drakes are elemental dragons who can change between a human form and a dragon form at will. They go by instinct and sometimes ordinary human thought. Most can be reasoned with, others not so much." He explained, as it seemed like Azalucia wasn't well-informed on them. "Illusion magic generally works best against them, in my experience at least. Until they figure out that it is just an illusion... Then they just get pissed." Leone stated simply enough. "When they get mad, their elemental magic gets stronger. When they take on their human form, their elemental magic becomes too much to hold inside of them and taints their outward appearance."

@meely

Last edited: