Darkmoon

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Ren bit the tip of his thumb as he saw that the pair did not even flinch when they saw the huge tiger coming out from the shadows. It was then Ren realized that the two weren't exactly normal beings. No. They were different. If they were normal they would have cowered in fear by now. And by the looks of it, they looked like they were used to these kind of things. Shoot. This was bad. He's just a kid. What can a kid like him do against these two vetrans?

Ren was about to give up when he felt an iron pipe at the sole of his foot when he backed up. He looked at it then his confidence suddenly renewed. He wasn't going to go down without a fight. He still has to find that bastard of a father of his--he promised his grandmother he would. He picked up the iron piped and gripped it tightly. He is a man now.

The tiger roared again as if it was getting the twos attention back to it. It was a ear deafening roar. The tiger then began charging towards them--towards Leone especially. As the tiger was about a feet apart from the deamon leader it pounced at him. But when it was about to make contact to Leone the tiger pounced right through him. The second Leone eyes looked away from the alleyway was Ren's time to strike.

"Gyaaaaah!" Ren shouted as he held the pipe with two hands and charge at Leone.

Leone was silent as he studied the tiger and the alleyway behind it. He had a sneaking suspicion that the feline was an illusion. The tiger charged him and he shifted his stance to a defensive one. He didn't base his actions on suspicion when a cat with four inch long canines was charging him. Tigers had a bite force of two hundred pounds or something like that. He raised his sword to attack the beast when it pounced, but when he didn't feel the connection of metal and flesh, his eyes narrowed a fraction and he heard the kid's battle cry. Using his equip magic, a smaller dagger appeared in his free hand.

There was a loud sound of metal hitting metal when Ren--with all his might--had attempted to strike Leone on the head but failed when the dagger had suddendly appeared. Ren 'tsked' as his plan of attack was easily foiled by Leone. Ren jumped back and was on defense position. He boy was right, they weren't just anybody especially that guy. Who were they anyway and what were they doing here?

"Who are you?!" Ren demanded. "And what are you doing here?!"

She had simply watched the world fly past her. Azalucia heard the pang of the pipe. She'd watched it, there was supposedly a drake and she had to find it. The tiger roared, and she flinched in surprise, before a small rush came past her, and a screech. It was a blur of events, until the wind took the form of a boy and it spoke. She glanced at Leone. Azalucia was not sure about what to say.

"We could ask you the same thing," she eventually said, grasping the lightning bolt from earlier, thinking even the boy was an illusion. "You have attempted on our life. I think that we deserve an apology before replying to your interrogation."

"Azalucia, stop." Leone spoke simply to the fae when she gave the boy a bit of an attitude, his gaze resting steadily on the kid. He'd been spooked and cornered. Leone would have done the same damn thing. He lowered his weapons, allowing the dagger to unequip and sheathing his sword. "Kid, we don't want to fight you. My name's Leone and I run a guild to the south of here. I'm looking for a drake that supposedly attacked a village up here. You wouldn't happen to know of any drakes in the area, would you?" He asked, his posture calm and relaxed. His tail stopped its lashing and went still behind him.

"I was here first! It's you guys that snuck up on me." was Ren's reason for attacking them. Ren shook his head and remained defensive when Leone told him that he didn't want to fight him. Ha! Like he'd believed that after what had happened to him earlier. "Like I'll believe what you said is true. How should I know your not in cahoots with that skin-eater that attacked me earlier. He killed my guide. He was just a child!" Ren spoke in an alerted tone. But then Ren somehow calmed down when Leone asked him if he had spotted any drakes here. So they weren't with that guy after all. Ren lowered his weapon but not enough for him to be able to strike again if they did anything that would harm him and spoke in a calm yet defensive tone. "I've been here for awhile and haven't encountered any... well... yet, anyway. Why?" the boy ask curiously.

Leone listened carefully to the kid's words. His mind processing them for any clues. "... Skin-eater? Do you mean skin-stealer?" He asked, a sinking feeling in his chest. He frowned, his gaze thoughtful. There was almost always never just one skin-stealer in the area. Those creepy beasties traveled and hunted in groups. The only time one went out was to lure others back to the group. And the thought of Azalucia and himself, as well as this kid, getting lured out as a meal was almost sickening. But, the daemon ridded himself of those thoughts with the kid's question. "A kid came into my guild crying about a drake attacking his village. We're looking for the drake, and it doesn't seem like this village was attacked at all. It's just empty." He spoke simply.

"Skin-eater. Skin-stealer. Whatever that was. I only manage to get away because he watched me fell off a cliff if I hadn't used my magic on him." Ren explained. "And he wasn't the only one. I followed it here and saw some of his buddies had already finished raiding the place. They left and I stayed to checked if there were survivors. There weren't. Then you guys came." Ren had relaxed when he saw that the two of them were no threat to him. He had been on edge the entire time he was here and this is the only time he had finally let himself relax after all that. "I was here the entire time but didn't see this drake thing you're talking about."

He's lying. He is the drake, she thought as she watched him carefully. A single move in the wrong direction would warn her, a child so calm to talk about a disaster was almost frightening. Azalucia's eyes scanned over the village, a sign for another being other than this creepy child. "How can we trust you?" she suddenly asked, "What if you make this up?"

"I am not asking you to trust me or not, lady." Was Ren's reply to the fae. "What do you think I'd gain by lying to you guys?" he said his peace. "I already told you guys what I know. And if that kid your talking about was the same kid that was eaten by the skin-stealer then if I were you guys I'd do something about it... And quick."

Leone listened to the two go back and forth at eachother. His annoyance with Azalucia was slowly seeping into his features. "Azalucia, back off of him. You have absolutely no proof that he's done anything wrong, or that he's a threat to us, and he's proven himself not to be a drake. My question is how can anyone trust anyone these days." The daemon's voice was stern, a firm warning tone deeply rooted in it. "You do not have the experience to go solely on your gut, and you don't have the knowledge to back up your gut. Don't throw what ifs around, they aren't worth the waisted breath." He told her his observation in all honesty. She could have hit the books during her months at the guild, he'd made sure that there were several very good sources of information on creatures of all sorts in the guild study. He hated it when the trainees failed to study up before jumping at the chance to go on a mission. "We should head back. I don't like the idea of staying around and becoming a dinner special for any skin-stealers in the area." His voice lost it's edge as his pent up energy fizzled out.
His gaze flashed back to the kid, a refined gentleness returning to his gaze. "You're welcome to come back to the guild with us. It isn't safe to stay up here with those skin-stealers running around." He offered, trying to make up for Azalucia's rudeness.

Last edited:
A light blush came into Ren's childish features as he wasn't used to people being kind to him except for his grandmother. He wasn't sure what to do with Leone's offer. It was true that it was dangerous to be alone now with all the skin-stealers learking about but then they only just met... How can he be sure he and the fae aren't as dangerous as the skin-stealers? His grandmother thought him not to trust strangers so easily too. "I-I-I... I'm perfectly capable in... taking care of myself." he said in a low tone and was looking down at his shoes. He was a bit torn. Should he go with them? Or should he not. "A-any... Anyway! Don't worry about me. You said your friends are in danger, right? Shouldn't you go to them now!"

"You said you were lucky against one of those skin-stealers. I don't feel comfortable leaving you for the whole pack of them when you only have a pipe to defend yourself with." Leone spoke with a small frown on his face. He was not comfortable with leaving a kid in the danger zone. "My deputy's back at the guild, she'll be able to spot the skin-stealer if it tries anything." He knew Rose could handle a skin-stealer, and that other people in the guild would back her up.

As much as Ren didn't want to agree but Leone had a point. It was dangerous to continue on like this but... "Fine." Ren finally gave in. The deamon was right, it was dangerous for him--with no formal combat skills--to be out this late at night. He wouldn't be if it wasn't for that skin-stealer. He looked at Leone then to Azalucia, they didn't look dangerous and seem to be trustworthy enough. And he was also startibg to get tired as well and the thought of sleeping in a warm bed for once was kinda tempting too. "But that doesn't mean I'll join you... It's just that... Um... I have a bone to pick with that skin-stealer so... I'll go with you guys for now." he said tossing aside the pipe.

"Alright. Just don't kill it inside my guild unless you plan on cleaning it all up." Leone spoke as he started walking back to his big black mare. He glanced back at the kid. "I need to know your name, if you want to ride down on Lumae." He spoke as he gently rubbed the horse's nose. There was a worried look in her eyes, as if she knew what Leone was thinking and didn't like it one bit.

"I'm Ren. A mage that specializes in illusion magic!" Ren answered enthusiastically with a huge grin on his face. "And I am not a kid! I'll be thirteen in eleven months!" he pointed out to Leone and Azalucia, although he was somewhat shorter than most twelve years old boy. "And what's your name lady?" he asked Azalucia since Leone already gave his.

"That's Azalucia. This was her first mission." Leone explained. "Lumae, this is Ren. You think he could ride down with you?" He asked his horse gently, and she gave a small snort in responce and lowered herself so that they could get on.