8 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk
red Please check out the OOC thread, located here, before joining. There's some magic words there!

IC Posting Format

[Character Banner, no wider than 800px, no taller than 200px (Optional)]

[Character(s) Name(s), Location, Continent, Plot (if applicable), What They're Doing]

[Reply Content]

[Mentions]

Note:If your post does not follow the posting format, I will ask you to edit it to match. Character banner is optional, and the Plot section is only required if you're involved in a major plot listed in the OOC.

[Triss Shatner and Tutankhamen, Springwork, Kelluva Isle, The Clockwork Commission, In search of the Mayor]

The human and the Cog watching over her were nowhere near the grocery store, but the girl's interest was piqued at some whispered conversations going on around. She was always the nosy type. "Excuse me, what are you guys talking about?" she asked a couple that were conversing with each other.

"Triss..." was all Tut could groan as the couple gave her a withering look for interrupting their conversation.

"We're talking about the Mayor's request for help. Now run along, little girl, we don't have time for you," the man grunted, once more turning back to his wife. Triss looked at her guardian with sparkling eyes.

"Looks like the Mayor needs help. We should go look for him!"

"Triss, no. You're too young to go out and-" Too late, she was already rushing down the street. The Cog let out another groan before chasing after his charge.

@Periodically Incorrect @Demmy

Name: Suvia
Location & Continent: Melvinnia City Bazaar, Ericus
Plot: A Cure in Makana
Actions: Exploring and going to the library for EDUCATION

As soon as Silo made herself, visible Suvia jumped, startled by the suddenness of it. "Definitely never going to get used to that." She muttered to herself as the pair threw a few words and she became invisible once again. Suvia listened as James gave her the instructions she needed to find the library. "Yes, of course!" She chimed, now aware of where she was "Please be safe both of you." she returned Silo's wave with her own, a giggle bubbling to the surface. Once they were out of her line of sight, she turned around and hurried over in the directions that she was given to the library a bit too eager to start learning about what other creatures she'd run into while outside of Makana. Thankfully the building wasn't difficult to find along with James' directions.

Name: NANO 84

Location & Continent: Mayvis Port, Ericus
Actions: Arguing with Judge
Color Hex: F7007F

The judge spoke a few words, the usual speech any host would give at an event. During all this his opponent took out his creation, setting it down beside him and making it walk to the center of the stage with the help of a remote control. Nano squinted at the creation already finding it to be an eyesore. It resembled a dog, a metallic doll, to him it looked like a poor doodle out of an angsty kids notebook. As he sat there picking out flaws in its design, the buzzer rang, alerting the competitors to being. The dog was the first to make the move, pouncing on Mii who effortlessly avoided its slow movements. Pivoting on her heels the Android sprinted towards the other creation, the palm of her hand turning a bright red as she neared.

At that instant, Nano realized his mistake. "Mii, wait!" He shouted, but it was too late, her hand had already made contact with the robot and within a few seconds a bright light burst through it only stopping when it had reached the barrier set up to protect competitors and the audience. The man yelled dropping his controller and backing away from the ring as far as he possibly could. A harsh sounding buzzer rang, and a message showed up on the screen above the crowd.

"BECAUSE OF BREACHED RULES THE COMPETITOR NANO HAS BEEN DISQUALIFIED, AND THE WINNINGS GO TO JOHNSON STONES"

Mii looked up, confused at the message. "Why did we not win? Did I do something wrong, Nano? I did defeat the target after all."

"No, no you didn't," he sighed looking at the crowd feeling sorry for the two girls who placed a bet on him "I screwed up." Mii tilted her head at the response in failure to understand what exactly he did wrong. Once more she looked up at the screen the message now flashing the victor's face with confetti littering the screen. Despite winning he didn't seem happy, and it was only natural after all he had nothing to use for the next match. Before Nano could leave the arena, a woman approached him with crutches an 'I told you so' expression is plastered on her face.

"ICA's and lasers are prohibited this year, Nano."

"So it wasn't just the laser?" he joked taking the crutches.

"That laser is a safety hazard, Nano! We don't have the proper equipment for them, who knows what would have happened if it broke past the barrier!?"

"Well, it didn't. If it did, someone would have gotten quite the burn."

"Would the burn be as severe as yours?"

"Ouch, way to pour bleach into the open wound." He laughed hobbling off with Mii trailing behind him carrying his belongings.

"The saying is SALT!" She yelled at him as he left.

Name(s): Chase & Vivian

Plot: A Cure In Makana
Actions: Celebrating; Leaving the Coliseum

Chase and Vivian groaned as soon as they saw the beam of light exit the robot along with a mess of wires and pieces, knowing damn well they lost their money, but as the buzzer rang and the message flashed on the screen their moods quickly changed. They won. Vivian grabbed Chase's arm shaking him violently

"Did you see that?!" she exclaimed nearly jumping out of her seat and pointing at the screen "We won! We won!"

"By disqualification." he chuckled more entertained by Vivian's excitement than the actual fight, but he was impressed by how short it lasted making a note to try and nab the invention "Our luck never seems to run out, does it, Vi?"

"My luck." She corrected folding her arms proudly "I'm the one who placed the bet!"

"Oh, but who told you to bet in the first place?"

Vivian scoffed, choosing not to answer the question. "We've gotta go switch who we're betting on now, I don't think he has a backup or can fix the damages." she motioned towards the stage as she got up, proving her point with Johnson's distressed expression. Chase disliked the idea after just having made himself comfortable and now suddenly having to get up, but he considered it an opportunity to organize his pockets. Regretfully, Chase got up raising an arm and lazily pointing in a random direction.

"Lead the way, Vi. Just use the aisle this time and not the chairs."

"You made me do that!" Vivian said in defense as she left the arena with Chase in tow, having to be tugged along with Vivian's magic or he would stop at every woman that caught his eyes. Vivian breathed easy once they were out of the crowd, a man who was drowning in people who had the same idea of changing their bets was clearly the one they should go to. Luckily the prior bet wasn't up next, so they had some time. The pair immediately noticed Nano who was hobbling out the coliseum, most likely heading back home, behind him his creation followed struggling to keep up. It let out a small squeak as it tripped over the bag's strap, a leg falling out of it. The sight was enough to make Vivian shriek and cower behind Chase who only laughed at the scene. Chase walked over just as Nano stopped, to see what had happened.

"No, it's ok!" Mii insisted, throwing herself at Chase's arm as he picked up the leg and opened up the bag while giving it a quick scan a bit deflated to see nothing of value inside aside from the doll-sized android. Plastering a smile, he shut the bag with the leg inside and tightened the strap so if it were to fall the contents wouldn't spill.

"Nah, it's fine." he replied shaking Mii off and tossed the bag to Nano who barely caught it.

"Thanks," Nano muttered

"Don't worry about it; your day seems shitty already anyway." He didn't wait for an answer, already feeling Vivian's glare burning into his skull. He gave him a weak wave and hurried back only to be assaulted by a justified accusation.

"What did you take from him?" Vivian demanded, folding her arms

"Nothing, nothing, there was just a bunch of tools so nothing I would have wanted."

"I don't believe you, you're not the type to help someone without a motive. Empty your pockets. Now."

"What? Why? I just said I didn't take anything!" he took a step back, remember the jewelry he stole earlier and was prepared to run, but he felt hands coil around his foot and running was quickly out of the question. Like a child caught stealing from the cookie jar he removed a single ring from his pocket. The second she saw it her eyes locked onto his coat pockets knowing that when there's one, there's more.

"CHASE!"

"Yes, I am Chase," he said holding up finger guns in hopes this would lighten the mood. Instead, it ended with him being dragged out of the building by his ear, his hands clutching the ring for dear life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neetah Von Gre, Springworks, Kelluva Isle, The Clockwork Commission, Eating Cake

"39 coins my ass, this thing is expensive... Ugh, but so yummy. My butt is gonna pay for this." Having bought a rather large container of cake, Neetah was now idly walking through the shopping crowd. At least she was until some brat ran past, unknowingly knocking the food onto the ground, quickly followed by a large cog. "Hey, wait!" she called, though seemed to be unheard. With a huff she reached behind her and detached the prototype hover board. She wasn't much of an inventor, but when it came to transport she enjoyed fiddling with things. Jumping on, she hurried after the two and once she was near the girl, she slowed to match her pace. "Hey, so uh. You owe me food."

@Periodically Incorrect @chaosheart13

Triss Shatner and Tutankhamen, Springworks, Kelluva Isle, The Clockwork Commission, Apologizing to the lady

Triss didn't see where she was going and ended up bumping into a person. Mumbling a "Sorry," she continued racing down the streets while Tutankhamen followed after her. It was only when the person she bumped into came to her about food that she skidded to a halt. "Huh?" she asked, looking at the girl quizzically.

"I think," Tut said once he caught up, "You need to apologize right now. I saw her cake drop when you bumped into her." Pause.

"...Oooh. Sorry about that." She looked sheepish as she rubbed the back of her head. "Yeah, I'll buy you something from the grocery store, but first I want to find the mayor."

"Triss..."

"What? I'll pay her back later once we find him, I promise!"

"I rather we go grocery shopping now and buy her some food first before heading to find the mayor..."

[fieldbox=Cure in Makana, purple, solid, 10, Times New Roman]
7VePGdv.jpg

Ruby Marie and Arastiel Ru'hwan, Mayvis Coliseum, Ericus, Cure in Makana, Chasing After Nano

Ruby and Arastiel seated themselves and watched the fight below, a frown still visible on Ruby's face. Neither robot looked capable of much in her eyes. Or so she thought, until the tiny maid bot suddenly blasted its opponent with a laser. The redhead was almost ecstatic and was about to jump out of her seat with joy. That is, until the results came up on the screen, declaring he'd been disqualified for breaching the rules.

"Are you SERIOUS?!" Ruby yelled, paying no mind to the attention she'd gathered with her sudden outburst. Grabbing Arastiel's hand, who was utterly shocked with the whole ordeal, Ruby rushed down the steps towards the exit. "He did that intentionally, I knew it! He gets you to bet on him and then him and the bet officer split your money! Dirty, filthy..."

"Are you any better, thief?" Arastiel asked, a condescending look present on her face.

"I don't use backdoor methods like this," Ruby replied, still visibly angered by Nano's loss. "I'm going to demand that hunk of junk repair our ship free of charge after th-" Ruby's voice was suddenly cut off when the pair bumped into two people. Arastiel recognized them as the male from earlier, along with one of the girls.

"Our deepest apologies," she offered, giving a curt bow. "My friend is simply upset because we'd placed our bet on the man who'd just recently been disqualified, and we've no money left to repair our ship."

Noticing something fly out of the female's hand, Ruby, who was still on her ass, snatched it up and quickly pocketed it while Arastiel was telling them their life story. 'This'll be our wagering piece,' the girl thought to herself, rising from the ground and dusting herself off. "I'm gonna rip that guy's robotic leg off!" she exclaimed, not showing any reserve in her voice.

@Vivian[/fieldbox][fieldbox=Red City Rebellion, red, solid, 10, Times New Roman]
hA9TCLb.png

Vay Vacilio, Red City Palace, Ericus, Red City Rebellion, In a Stand Off

Vay's smile widened even more, glad to see their follower wasn't going to try to flee. "So you have the guts to back up your words, huh?" Prepping himself into a combat stance, Vay stood at the ready, his right foot slightly ahead of his left. If he was going to rush, he'd do so leading with his right foot, starting off in a sudden jolt to increase his speed. At this distance, his opponent would still have plenty of time to react.

"Wait along the walls for any guards to pass by, and rush to our leader. If you run into anyone big, run back here right away. Got it?" Vay ordered Vivian. He wouldn't forgive him if anything were to happen to her, but he knew nothing of this new enemy's fighting style. If Vivian stayed, she'd just be a target that Vay would have to cover. "These guards aren't so tough in small numbers anyway. Just remember the moves I taught you."

Vay listened as Vivian responded, and her footsteps grew further and further away. "Now, what was that about you taking my girl?" he asked, his sword at the ready. 'Just a little closer...'

@WeepingLiberty @Periodically Incorrect

ggM15w0.jpg

Rias Rex, Red City Palace, Ericus, Red City Rebellion, Confronting Shion

Rias jolted into a battle stance upon seeing the man approach them, leaving her trap work for later. She sighed, having desired to at least set the traps before trouble got this close. The sword was one she'd recognized before, and she knew right away that this wasn't someone they could underestimate. "Tyrhung... I'm not sure if we should stick around for this one," Rias stated, knowing that engaging the male before them would be more trouble than it was worth. "I don't know your fighting style, and it won't do any good to go up against someone with incompatible styles. Unless, you wanna give me a quick rundown?"

The leader herself had her hands on the pistols at her side. It would be easy for Sinbad to discern her fighting style and determine if they complimented each other, and if a fight against the bearer of the Tyrhung would be one they stood a chance in.

@Crono @WeepingLiberty[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Under the Sea, blue, solid, 10, Times New Roman"]
SfwlJ6G.png

Trace Belmont, Mayvis Port, Ericus, Under the Sea, Finishing Up Adjustments

BANG!

Trace smashed the mechanical box before her with a hammer, and the surrounding devices suddenly whirred back to life. "'Bout time..." she mumbled. She wasn't the biggest fan of hard labor such as this, but she didn't mind getting her hands dirty in the name of research. Being the only one on hand with such an in-depth knowledge of machines, most of the mechanical work was left to her. The pay was good though. She got to equip Shelly with as much weaponry as she pleased, so long as the thing would still be operational.

The large underwater ship was equipped with several remotely controlled harpoon guns on the front and back side, totaling eight. Along with those, there was a number of places for small homing rockets to be launched from. Some exploded, while others simply released nets on impact, allowing for capture of anything too close to the ship. Her personal favorite was a turret installment on the under side of the ship, which, when activated, could fire manually or automatically at anything marked as a threat.

"That's that!" Trace said, sticking her head up from her work space below, noticing that Heather had some company. "Who's this young lassy?" she asked. A rat crawled on top of the mechanic's head as she spoke. One might find it odd that she didn't freak out, but this was her...rather unorthodox, to say the least, spirit guide.

Trace climbed out from her hole and held out a gloved hand that was covered in dust and dirt. "Trace Belmont. I'm the reluctant engineer of this beauty." The mechanic leaned in close, whispering into the newest arrival's ear. "Just between you and me, I'm only in it for the findings. Tons of new research prospects just waiting to be found. Ain't it exciting?!"

@Vivian @WeepingLiberty[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Name: Captain Sinbad Tenser
Plot: The Red City Rebellion
Action: Preparing for battle, Engaging his enemy

Captain Sinbad had remained silent as Rias began setting her traps, but immediately unsheathed his cutlass when Shion arrived. He replied to his question with a loud guffaw, "Wouldn't you like teh know yeh lousy mutt! Unfortunately..." He pulled his coat so that it would billow dramatically to his side, paying no attention to the very useful information Rias would have granted him.

"You have placed a challenge before the legendary Captain Sinbad Tenser, and he gladly accepts!"
With that he withdrew a bomb and, by scraping his blade across a piece of flint attached to his belt, lit it before tossing the explosive at his opponent. The fuse was ment to run out as soon as it reached Shion, and Sinbad was ready to go for a charging thrust against his opponent right after that.

@WeepingLiberty @Pravitas

Name: Emily Grey
Action: Thinking, Cleaning

The young servant had smiled warmly and waved the warriors goodbye as she held the door for them knowing well enough that they had killed many people, some probably not even deserving it. Being the personal servant of arguably the most corrupt ruler in Ericus, one could think that the Emily lived in constant horror of her master's evil doings. However the girl didn't care. She didn't care about the place outside of the rooms she cleaned and lived in. When exposed to the world, it's confusing 'rights' and 'wrongs' that were different everywhere she looked, Emily turned away.

Emily began preparing tea for the Empress, still lost in thought. Not once had the servant asked Novena directly about how she treated her subordinates or her people. No, they talked about the weather, the last visitor, or their problems. The Empress had plenty of problems, not that Emily didn't have her share.

The sudden opening of the door snapped Emily out of her thoughts. She saw a man in a guard's armor, red faced and panting, however he lacked the steel mask most of the guards wore. The Empress, back to sitting properly, swiveled her chair around to face the man, who paled at the sight of her. Novena was clearly rather irritated, "Speak." "T-they got into the File Room Madam, there was nothing I could-" "Shut up and tell me what they took."

The man shrunk. "They've stolen files pertaining to the Project Madam..." There was silence, and then there was a knife in the man's shoulder.

• Love
Reactions: Wryneck
[fieldbox="Red City Rebellion, crimson, dashed, 10, Book Antiqua"]
fel109.jpg

{Arya Moon || Red City Palace: Hall || Ericus || Red City Rebellion || Attacking}

She remained silent while her opponent directed the weaker link away to safety, her single eye following the girl's movements until she disappeared from immediate view. Shifting back to the boy Arya couldn't contain her smirk, shoulders rising up in a nonchalant shrug. If the girl followed his directions back to their supposed leader, Arya had no doubt that Shion would be there to block any further escape. She was only prolonging the inevitable, which didn't bother the beastshifter in the least.

"I certainly hope your brawn is better than your brain, otherwise I might be sorely disappointed with our fight. After all, Shion gets to fight your leader and bring the Empress her prize. I deserve to have a little fun too, you know." She cooed, taking note of her opponent's stance as she finally slid the blade from its sheath. "Let's make this quick, I've got other prey to hunt." Shifting her weight forward Arya suddenly darted toward the boy, sensing that he was already expecting her advance. Rather than trying to meet him head on, however, she stepped left and pushed her stance forward in an attempt to glide past him on his right side. It wasn't really much of an attack, but it did serve as a good test of reflexes. In all honesty, she was expecting to be blocked, ready to parry and leap backward out of his reach should he prove himself swift enough. Although, ideally, this maneuver would allow her to slip right past and position her behind her opponent for a shallow slash up his torso before she was forced to retreat and try again.

It was unfortunate, really, how much power she lacked in her human form. Sure she was physically stronger than the average human being, but when it came to a fight against another warrior, Arya couldn't compete in the same way Shion could. That was why she relied on her speed, darting in and out of reach of opponents. It was rare that Arya was able to land an attack capable of causing a lot of damage, though, by tiring them out first, victory was hers. But this opponent felt different to her for some reason. He didn't smell like any animal in particular and didn't have any features that stood out as belonging to a fellow shifter, yet somehow he had been able to sniff her out like one of her own. It didn't make sense.

{ @Periodically Incorrect @Pravitas }

dx0mbs.jpg

{Shion Moon || Red City Palace: "Elsewhere" || Ericus || Red City Rebellion || Attacking }

Glancing down at his sword, Shion couldn't help but to be curious as to how the red-head knew its name. He wondered if he had met her before but it was more likely that he had killed somebody she was acquainted with. It was hard to tell as there were so many who had fallen to his companion Tyrhung during his time working for Empress Novena. Any thought on the matter was quickly abandoned, however, as the sea rat stepped forward with a grand display of bravado. Unlike his female counterpart, it didn't seem this particular character was familiar with his weapon... or him. Looking unimpressed, Shion shook his head and feigned ignorance. "Never heard of you." He barked, rushing forward and slightly to the side as the bomb arched through the air.

The bomb exploded just behind, close enough for Shion to feel the impact of the blast on his torso but not close enough that it impeded his ability to fight. Shion growled to himself, already noting how annoying this particular target was going to be. Not only was he loud, but so were his attacks. The ringing in his ears wasn't sure to go away any time soon, which meant he was already down one of his senses. It wouldn't be a problem, but it was more than a little inconvenient. Meeting his foe head on, Shion planted his feet in a firm stance as he swung his blade up and out to the left. Hopefully he'd be able to knock the man's arm up and out of the way, which would set him up perfectly for a down slash across the diagonal length of the torso. Some might have thought his fighting style was recklessly aggressive, but Shion just wanted to finish the guy off as quickly as possible so that he could join his mate should she need backup. He didn't like the idea of her fighting some brute on her own when he couldn't be sure of the opposition's skills. Could this mission get any more annoying? Shion groaned internally.

{ @Crono @Pravitas }

[/fieldbox]​

• Love
Neetah Von Gre, Springworks, Kelluva Isle, The Clockwork Commission, Talking to Triss and Tutankhamen

Jumping off of the hover board Neetah grinned. "Now, now, big boy," she murmured to the cog before reaching down to grab the board and put it away. "What's this about the mayor?" Sure it was none of her business, but the girl had been running. Which means she had either needed to tell him something important, or he had something important for her. The latter was probably a job and the job would mean money. Much needed money. At least, that was what Neetah thought.

• Name(s): Chase & Vivian

Actions: Chatting

Vivian nearly fell as the stranger bumped into her, but was caught by Chase who's ear was now glowing red at this point. "Oh dear," Vivian said, pushing her companion away from her as soon as she regained her footing, Chase only chuckling as she did while he rubbed his ear. Before Vivian could give her apology, she was hit with the story. "I see!" She exclaimed, clasping her hands over her mouth showing interest in the story, while Chase showed interest in other things. "Our ship is in a similar predicament, but it's just old. That wreckage at the port wouldn't happen to be yours would it?" As Vivian shared their story, Chase examined the hooded girl catching a few strands of blue hair that fell out from under the hood; he rose a brow remembering a rumor he heard about a princess that traveled with a mercenary, but that was all he heard.

"Sorry, doll. I think someone's already beaten you to that leg ripping business, last I saw that guy he was hobbling away with that cutie creation in tow." Stepping away from Vivian and grabbed both girls by the shoulder, grinning from ear to ear "But I did win the last bet, so if you're willing for a little trade off-" before he could finish his sentence he felt a fist hit his face hard enough to knock him off his feet, but there was not a person in sight capable of doing such a thing aside from Vivian whose eyes dimmed from a faint glow.

"Yes, a trade off!" Vivian chimed in, picking up where Chase was cut off "We did win, but it's not nearly enough for a new ship, but probably just enough for repairs. If you'd be willing, we'd be happy to pay off your ship's repairs in return you let us board it? I and my partner are going nowhere in particular so if there's anything you might need help with we'll be more than happy to assist!" By the time Vivian finished her suggestion Chase's cheek was black and blue, proving he had been attacked. He didn't panic knowing well that it was the Venefica's doing. As he shot her a glare she threw a smirk, stepping to Arastiel's side almost challenging him to make the same mistake twice.
  • Name: NANO 84
    Actions: Arguing with Judge
    Color Hex: F7007F

"Put down the bag," Nano instructed the android who obeyed obediently. While the doll-sized creation placed the bag on its respective hook, Nano removed the body of a female from the closet. If it weren't for the more metallic looking hand, it would have looked uncomfortably similar to an actual person.

"Oh! It's me! It's me!"

"Yep, it's you. I messed up a bet so let's get your personality chip back into your original body before that red-headed Goblin returns."

"Goblins? Goblins aren't said to live near this location, are they? Nano did you forget to update my information again!?" Mii whined as she climbed to the workbench and removed her clothing. Just like a doll, she lacked details, and it was for the best there are some people after all who would've have enjoyed it more than they should have. As soon as Mii flipped her switch on her own, she collapsed, her eyes lifeless black orbs. With a sigh, Nano turned the doll onto her stomach and used a considerably small screwdriver to open up the back. Upon opening it revealed the exoskeleton from earlier along with a mess of colored wires, some clearly damaged from the laser that was fired earlier.

Should probably get rid of that feature while I'm in here. If she can barely land a ship, the Gods can only know what she'd do with a laser.

• Name: Aya Avila
    Plot: Under The Sea
    Actions: Going over things

"Herbs, potions, medicine." Aya's voice trailed as her gold-colored eyes dug into her pack in an almost frantic manner. The area was bustling, but not in a way that called for her anxious behavior. Hurriedly she stuffed a few books into her pack, careful to avoid the most fragile things and tied it shut. Securing the bag around her shoulders, Aya hurried off in the direction of where the crew members should be meeting up. A ship that looked destroyed beyond hope, a man missing a leg with a small doll in tow, and what seemed like a fight might break out among a group of four, but it appeared to have been quickly defused by a snow-haired woman.

After walking for a few more minutes she noticed a few people gathered at the edge of the port, one she knew for a fact was the Captain while others were possibly crew, staff, or someone who rented out the ship. Aya breathed a sigh of relief as she fell to a crouch and leaned against a bollard while examining the people. Most fit Mimi's description to a point. It only reassured her to follow her friends directions on how to board the ship to a fine point. Seeing that it looked as though it would be a bit before they would take off and approached the ship a little closer while pulling the hood of her cloak over her head just a little lower to ensure her pastel pink hair was well hidden.

Occasionally a few people passed by her, dropping a few coins or bills. For a moment she was confused by the gesture until noticing she looked more like a beggar than a random bystander.

Reactions: Aois
Triss Shatner, Springworks, Kelluva Isle, The Clockwork Commission, Talking to Neetah

"Yeah, I'm looking for the mayor for this job he wanted people to do," Triss explained, "There was something about fixing the city, I don't know much of the details. That's why I'm looking for him, for more details on what to do to help the city." Her grin became less sheepish and more like her usual expression. "If you want, we can look for the mayor together and see what he wants from us." Pause. "And I will pay you back for the food, I promise! I just wanted to know what the mayor wants and then I can go buy you something to eat." She failed to mention that the meal might be a bit shoddy since she was low on money herself.

@Demmy @Periodically Incorrect

• [fieldbox="Vivian, purple, solid"]
    Name: Vivian Rylee Young
    Action: Running of to hide

Vivian was nervously awaiting a response. Thought the next words out of his mouth were, "So you have the guts to back up your words, huh?" She realized that she must have been nervous enough to block everything out. She also knew that she had to suck it up because she was a fighter right now on a mission and weak knees and frightened eyes got you nowhere. Standing taller Vivian waited. "Wait along the walls for any guards to pass by, and rush to our leader. If you run into anyone big, run back here right away. Got it?" he took a small breath "These guards aren't so tough in small numbers anyway. Just remember the moves I taught you." With a simple nod she turned, and didn't run as to cause attention, but didn't walk so she'd be seen easily. Finding the wall the opposite direction she sighed 'Guess I'm going the long way.' Vivian shrugged and glued her self to the wall letting it
    guide her like she was blind. A guard found her every once in a while, or she was lucky or find an object that stood on a stand that she could hide behind. Vivian didn't really knew where she was, but knew where she was going. Sighing she shrugged, that's all that matters anyway.

Vivian was about to remove herself from her small little Hiding place when she herd several people marching in the next hall. Vivian sits scared to round the corner and be facing with several guards. She's not trained enough for that. Vivian begins thinking about what she has passed if she could use any other way or distract the guards with something so she can get down that hall. The leaders two halls from that one and if she can't then she's stuck here with nothing to inform anyone of her situation. Vivian's on her own and she's well aware of it. Taking deep breaths Vivian begins to think of things. 'I will get to my leader, okay. I kind of have to. But how?'
    [/fieldbox]

• [fieldbox="Tyler, Teal, solid"]
    Name: Tyler Lucas DeCaprio
    Plot: The Clockwork Commission
    Action: Interacting with Naomi

Tyler smiled. He knew where he was going to be. He knew what he wanted to do. Walking up to the girl he put his hands on her shoulder "I'll see your their." smiling she gave him such a look of gratitude. "Thank you! Oh thank you so much. I hope their are some others." Nodding Tyler held his smile "Me too, Uhh -", "Naomi.", "Me too Naomi, me too." With a small nod Tyler walked away. He would travel on his own and he would start now. He knew he'd get distracted by things and probably end up with something out of the ordinary by the time he got back. Laughing he started asking around for maps. Accept all the maps that they offered were way two unreasonably priced and Tyler didn't have the money. With a heavy sigh, he turned back to Naomi "Hey, Naomi. Do you have a Map?" Nodding she laughed "Yeah, of course I do. this is a new continent for me silly!" laughing slightly she slowed to a stop "Oh, I never got your name!" Tyler smiled in response "It's Tyler. It'll be so generic in a land of clockwork and springs I just know it." he smiled some more when he earned some more giggles from Naomi "Listen to my name! Is it not generic?" Tyler shrugged "Your the first Naomi I've met so you tell me!"
    [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Mayor Oscar , yellow, solid"]
    [ NPC ]
    Name: Mayor Oscar Bagstock
    Action: Stressing over his city​

The Mayor was pacing in front of Springworks town hall clearly upset.
    He didn't know if people in his town would come to seek him out, and would
    others come to help his town from other places? Taking deep breaths he shook his head
    repeatedly running his hands through his hair. "What am I to do if no one comes?
    I'm the mayor? People look up to me! I need to do something if nobody comes...."

He took a shaky breath "However lets just hope someone dose come right now."

[/fieldbox]
  • [fieldbox="Penny , palegreen, solid"]
    Name: Penny Opal Queens
    Union Library in Bellavue City, Kelluva Isle
    Plot: Under the Sea
    Action: Running to get to Mayvis Port on time​

Penny packed her waist bag quickly fasting it tight enough so when she ran to the port she wouldn't be able to lose her bag. Looking around Penny nodded and was about to walk out the door when a small creature, about the size of a new born kitten jumped up and pawed at a small stack of books. Laughing lightly Penny smiled at the small creature. "You wanna come too Pyrrah?" earning a short raspy barking sound. Laughing at the small creature Penny picked her up and placed her on her shoulder, Pyrrah held onto her clothing with her small claws. Penny then proceeded to pick up the books on the table smiling at them she picked them up and unzipped a small pouch in the very back of it creating a pocket that she can place the base of the books in. Placing the books in the small pocket Penny walked out and began walking toward the Library.

Smiling, Penny hummed a tune as she walked. Nothing certain, but it was still something. Pyrrah joined in, in soft but low growling. As they walked they got weird stairs from others, but it was normal by now. Penny kept on her way. She knew she lived not too far from the Library and she could see the top of it from the hill she had to climb to get their. Smiling she was excited to research what she had read about. Lost lands and cultures. It made Penny skin crawl with excitement especially reading about her great ancestors journals. Shivering slightly Pyrrah whined complaining that she was jostled around a little bit. Laughing Penny offered her hand out to the small creature and held her securely against her chest. It was maybe four or five more minutes before she had pulled in front of the large building "Union Library," Penny took a quick breath "Wow." the thought of so many books excited her. She was told only to come here if she needed information, other than that stay away, she could get involved with something she doesn't want to. with a few quick breaths she walked to the doors and entered.
    (( Quick OOC post so you know WHAT Pyrrah is. Pyrrah is the size of a four week old kitten. She has just recently fully grown to that size. She looks like, Eevee from Pokemon, except er ears are a little shorter and her fur color is a dark purple color and where the fur is a diffrnet color, so around the neck, the tale and the tip of the ears is a bright yellow. - I can remove her. I just haven't gotten around to submission forms yet. -
    Her name is Pyrrah because she has Properties of what we call a phoenix. When their master dies so dosn't their pet, it burns up and turns to ash, the only thing that changes is the color of this pet. If their is no owner to claim it when they are reborn they become hostile and will flee to the wild with no hope of ever being tame again, unless they die around a human. They sound something like a sugar glider and a dog combined would make ))​
    [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Cure in Makana, purple, solid, 10, Times New Roman]
7VePGdv.jpg

Ruby Marie and Arastiel Ru'hwan, Mayvis Port, Ericus, Cure in Makana, Chatting w/ Chase & Vivian

"A trade off?" Ruby asked, raising an eyebrow at the male's suggestion. Both her and her blue-haired companion were curious of the man's offer, but his partner's sudden assault on him shut him up quick.

The redhead wasn't very pleased with their suggestion, even though the girl seemed…nice enough. "I don't think we should be taking any deals with another thief," she told Arastiel, making sure the male heard her. "If anything, he's just gonna try to pull some cheap trick on us. We're already in a big enough mess."

"A mess that's your fault," Arastiel added. "Excuse my partner. She's just a bit worried that someone will try to trick us. She still believes that Nano fellow swindled us out of all we had."

"I've been in the game too long to not know that trick!" Ruby yelled, an expression of annoyance riddling her face.

The elf girl held up a hand and continued. "We'll be happy to offer you a ride aboard the ship we're using. Oh, but first…" Arastiel gave a light bow towards the two. "Arastiel." She would've given out her last name, but that would've defeated the whole purpose of her still wearing Ruby's hat. After offering her name, she loudly cleared her throat, tossing a glance towards Ruby.

Ruby groaned and looked towards the two. "Ruby," she answered. "Don't forget it, either."

@Vivian[/fieldbox][fieldbox=Red City Rebellion, red, solid, 10, Times New Roman]
hA9TCLb.png

Vay Vacilio, Red City Palace, Ericus, Red City Rebellion, Engaging Arya

"I promise I'll give you some fun before I have to run," Vay replied, a look of excitement still gracing his features. Vivian would be fine, so long as she stuck to the walls. Hopefully, she'd be able to be of use to their leader. As far as he knew, Rias was fighting this woman's partner alone right now. Skillful though she may be, she never was one for solo battles. If her opponent was as skilled as the one before him…

Vay's attention shifted, and his smiled widened, gladdened to see his enemy had decided to make the first move. 'From the side, huh? At that speed…' In reaction to her charge, Vay faced his adversary's advance and leaned towards the wall on his left side. He assumed that, from this angle, she wouldn't be able to hit him in a way that allowed her to retreat in the direction she came from. Her weapon of choice, a kunai blade, was ideal for both slashing and stabbing. In this narrow hallway, it would prove difficult to engage her head on.

'Looks like I have to use this now if I'm going to keep some distance.' Swiftly, Vay reached behind him with his left hand, pulling it back to reveal a pistol. After firing a single round at the charging female, Vay used his right foot to launch himself backwards, then fired another round. If he was lucky, they'd both connect and leave her wide open for an attack. He wasn't expecting such luck though. Not from an opponent such as herself. That's why, at best, he hoped to slow her down.

@WeepingLiberty

ggM15w0.jpg

Rias Rex, Red City Palace, Ericus, Red City Rebellion, Fighting Shion

Rias smiled, glad to see that her new hopeful partner wasn't a man of strict long-range fighting. She was an excellent marksman, so as long as he could keep the male before them busy, she should be able to give a few shots off.

The bomb Sinbad threw didn't cause too much damage to the floor. It was likely it was meant more as a stun tactic than as an actual attack. It was an admirable strategy, and one she very much believed would aid them greatly in the future, should they survive this bout.

The moment Shion dodged and readied himself to parry Sinbad, Rias knew it was her turn to act. 'Are they really not so tough without each other?' she pondered. Though she wouldn't be foolish enough to underestimate the wielder of the Tyrhung, the sword said to have slain a great deal of people in the name of Her Corrupted Highness, she knew that some people simply worked better in tandem with others.

The redhead launched herself towards the wall at an angle that would give her a clear shot at Shion. The distance was enough that she should be able to dodge if he suddenly changes his mind about who to eliminate first. While still rushing, Rias drew her pistols and fired off a shot from each one. Even if they didn't hit, she was hoping they'd serve as a good enough distraction for Sinbad to gain the advantage.

@Crono @WeepingLiberty[/fieldbox]

Name: Captain Sinbad Tenser
Plot: Red City Rebellion
Action: Fighting

Seeing his opponent charge forward Sinbad came to a skidding halt from his, leaving him and the mutt with little room between them. When the large sword met his cutlass a brilliant idea lit up in his brain. He gave the blade no resistance, knocking his swordarm back but hopefully knocking his opponent a bit off balance as Sinbad turned his body and withdrew his blunderbuss. As soon as it was pointed at the mutt's chest he pulled the trigger, at this close a range the blast from the gun could be deadly, although it did leave the captain very open.

As he fought, he still spoke. "Nonsense! You've clearly studied my fighting style from my five novel series, "Lost At Sea With Nothing But Rum And Sharks!" I now a fan when I see one!"

@WeepingLiberty @Gula

Name: Emily Grey
Plot: Red City Rebellion
Action: Counseling

Emily suddenly realized something. She had forgotten sugar for the tea. As she searched the pantry for the sugar she listened to the conversation between the man and Novena. "Do you think we are at the point of stability that you can start screwing with my orders? I told you that all documents pertaining to the Project must be burned as soon as they are without use." "I was going to burn them Madam but then something came up and... And..." "And nothing. Guards, take him to the dungeon. I'm certain you will get allong with the residents, seeing as you will be without limbs."

There was a dragging noise and more sputtered cries from the man before the door was closed. More importantly the tea was done. The Empress was slumped in her chair with a grim look on her face. "You seem aggravated. Is it something to do with this project?" She placed the cup on a little table next to the chair. "Yes, it has a lot of consequences if it fails." "Like?" "Er," The Empress paused, her face in a odd expression, possibly... shame? It was unlike her. In any case she didn't seem to want to talk about it so Emily dropped the subject as she went to deal with the nasty stain on the floor.

• Love
Name(s): Chase & Vivian
Actions: Chatting

"The only cheap trick here is that hood your friend there is wearing, the slightest gust of wind and you're finished." Chase scoffed at Ruby's accusations, amazed how the girl could be so paranoid when she had nothing to have stolen to begin with. Vivian could only sigh knowing those two would make the ride a long and miserable one. She turned her attention back to Arastiel who was the only sane person out of the group of four.

Vivian returned her bow with a slight curtsy "It's Vi for Vivian, and my partner there is Chase, although I wouldn't be surprised if you've already heard of him." As Vivian introduced Chase he nodded, confirming his suspicions when the girl lacked to provide a last name, while Vivian didn't think anything of it. For her kind, it was common not to have one.

"I don't think that Nano guy was playing a cheat," Chase announced finally getting up from the floor "You must be new to Mayvis gambling if you think a trick like that would've worked in the end he lost more than he gained since he pays to enter the competition." He said in a matter-of-fact voice as he used the short red-headed ruby as an arm rest.

Vivian took a step away from the two, embarrassed to be seen with the pair in public "Nonetheless, I think it would be best to contact Nano himself? I mean, to hear his side of the story after all."

@Gula Gula

Neetah Von Gre, Springworks, Kelluva Isle, The Clockwork Commission, Talking to Triss and Tutankhamen

Neetah smirked, crossing her arms behind her back. This was indeed something she was interested in. "Oh, I'd love to go along, if you don't mind. Besides, I'm not going to forget about food too easily," the canisus murmured. She couldn't help the huge smile that crept across her face. This could really bring in money, if they were to be paid. And if they weren't, then maybe she could finally get herself known. Finally get more customers.

Triss Shatner and Tutankhamen, Springworks, Kelluva Isle, The Clockwork Commission, Onward!

"Great! The more the merrier!" Triss chirped, not at all perturbed that the lady was going to follow them. Like she said before, the more the merrier. Tutankhamen let out a sigh, which sounded more like a hiss of steam being released.

"In any case, we should get going. Perhaps the mayor is at the town hall?" he mused.

"Who knows? All I know is that the mayor needs help and we should start looking for him now." She ran a few feet ahead before turning her head and waving. "Come on, let's go!" Another sigh escaped Tut and he began to follow the rambunctious girl.

"Let's start at the town hall then. If not there, he might be at home," he said.

"Okay!"

• [fieldbox="Vivian, purple, solid"]
    Name: Vivian Rylee Young
    Action: Running of to hide

'I will get to my leader, okay. I kind of have to. But how?' Vivian pined between the wall and the small podium that held a clear glass filled with colorful water. She wondered what would happen if she threw it across the room and made it shatter. 'Well, the guards might inspect the source of the sound then where the missing object is. Would all the guards check though? Am I even strong enough to lift that?' Testing her strength Vivian peaked around the corner Smiling as she was good to stand a moment Standing quickly she lifted the glass case and frowned 'Nope, too heavy.' however when she put it back down she could feel that their was an indent in the podium she picked it up and it supported like marble, but weighed like feathers. smiling she walked back to the next little indent where their was a door. Opening it, luckily finding nobody inside it was a little round room 'I could just lure guards here if I need too, the rooms small enough that I could take on as many as I need too.' Vivian shook her head looking up to the rafts that line the ceiling "Hiding spot" A guard heard her voice and caught her in the room, her brown hair falling covering a lot of the back of her shirt. Vivian could feel his presents every step that he too closer to her "Miss? Miss, are you lost? May I see your invitation?" Vivian thought on her feet crossing her arms over her body, using the slightest bit of magic to pull the water in her body to the surface she washed he face a little worried of dirt and then dried it. The solder now put his hand on her shoulder "Yes sir, I am a bit lost. I'm only lost because I was touring the castle when I realized I dropped my invitation somewhere in one this hall or the one that way." she pointed in the direction she wanted to go " remember dropping it when being rushed out of the room. Her voice carried on in a rhythmic way the guard could probably sway to the way she talked right now. "Do you think you could help me out a little? I know what the door looks like it would be just inside, maybe just under something?" The guard nodded "If you don't have an invitation by then you know the consequence. Nodding Vivian turned around facing the ground slightly her earthy eyes looking slightly ahead of where she was walking. As she walked with this guard she pointed to the door her leader was in nodding he walked her in. She closed the door when he got in and punched him.
    [spoili]
    @Pravitas
    @Crono
    @Vivian
    @WeepingLiberty
    [/spoili]
    [/fieldbox]

• [fieldbox="Tyler, Teal, solid"]
    Name: Tyler Lucas DeCaprio
    Action: Interacting with Naomi - Walking to Hearth Hold Harbor

Tyler and Naomi carried out their conversation as they walked around, frowning Tyler looked Naomi "I think we should leave now." Naomi shook her head "I can't what happens if more people what to come?" Tyler shrugged "The lesser the people for this one the better it might be." Naomi nodded shrugging. "Alright we'll have to start walking now then." With a simple nod the two began walking with the guidance of the map "Maybe we could try and pay off for a mount somewhere down the road? Would we be able to take those into Springwork?" Naomi smiled and nodded "Yeah! of course you could take a mount into Springwork. People might question you because we have Pods"(( Pods are the cars! )) With a slight nod from Tyler the two slipped into a comfortable silence.​
    [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Mayor Oscar , yellow, solid"]
    [ NPC ]
    Name: Mayor Oscar Bagstock
    Action: Stressing over his city​

This was awful. The mayor now sat on the steps to the City Hall head in his hands his stomach beginning to churn and twist making the Mayor feel sick. A headache started too and the Mayor sighed taking out a small container from his pocket and opening it taking out two small circular pills then swallowing them he put his fingers to his temple massaging them hoping that the headache would wear down. Sadly he knew then only way it would really go away was when he got rid of his stress "Ha! I'm the Mayor, when do I not stress?"
    [/fieldbox]

Triss Shatner and Tutankhamen, Springworks, Kelluva Isle, The Clockwork Commission, Meeting the mayor

Tutankhamen kept his robotic eyes on Triss, his bulky form barely able to keep up with her rushing towards City Hall. How he was able to handle her antics, even he didn't know. He let out a steamy sigh and continued to follow the two girls. Eventually Triss pointed to a building. "We're here! I think I see someone over there."

"Triss, slow down," he chastised as she rushed forward. The girl skidded to a halt when she was a few feet in front of the mayor. "Excuse me, sir? Where can we meet the mayor? I- I mean, we would like to help this city out and I was wondering where he is so I can get more details." Tut remained silent as he finally caught up with the girl.

Name: Tally, Marroc, Sallen, Artor
Plot: Feather and Iron
Action: Planning, tending wounds​

tumblr_mjz2uvGe6F1s90ohoo1_400.gif

The storm had raged from the western shore of Feora to some light showers striking the gates of Telfen Hold. Fisherman docked their boats in their harbors and watched grimly as the waves bucked with fury. Chased in by the rain there was hardly a soul to watch the show, and fewer still to hear the low droning and sharp cracks that sounded very unlike thunder. No, no one was around to watch as a smattering of pale feathers fell swiftly into the sea below, and it was far to black to see two dark shapes plummet down into the waves, one disappearing quickly, the other staying at the surface for a few long minutes before it to was sucked down into the depth.

Under Isle was not even free of the rainfall when it found itself host to four uncommon guests. Even when graced with wings is was rare to see them travel outside of their roosts and most were far to proud to venture to the rotten center that was Under Isle. A few denizens that lacked the comfort of a roof saw the near silent passage as the four shadows swooped in close to the rooftops. Three of the figures glided almost effortlessly by, but the last faltered and dipped wildly. It seemed a miracle that he stayed aloft. Finally the flock landed at the top of a high flat balcony on the side of the Town's clock tower. This time two of the group landed easily, but the third stumbled and nearly lost their balance, while the forth had to be caught to avoid missing the landing entirely. It would be long while before they would emerge again.

The Skinned Cat was a quiet tavern that sat a little outside the main bustle and hustle of the city. At the very least you were less likely to be robbed blind here than in some of the busier pubs in the area. A few persistent drops of rain still plucked at the tin roofs as the front door of the tavern swung open. It was still a bit early for the main crowd to be free of the gambling parlors and smuggling boats so the inn keeper glanced up from where he had been sweeping out the bar area. He was met with a pair of eyes the color of amber. The owner of such eyes was a female Stroithra, tall and willowy, her clothes slicked down by the rain, and her hair coming free from the tight bun at the back of her neck. There was the soft rustle of feathers as a shiver worked its way up her spine and shook her wings, setting a small cascade of water free from her feathers. Another shiver followed the first and the man got the sense that it was not just the cold that had her on edge.

A few customers sat nursing drinks, a few nursing some fresh wounds. Each one was treated to a piercing gaze, the woman limping a few more steps into the tavern to make sure that there was none that escaped her gaze. The innkeep opened his mouth to address the woman when she turned on her heel and moving as rapidly as she could on a bum leg made her way towards the door, leaving the him to to little else but frown at the deep score marks the movement left on his floor. Once outside the door the woman stopped and let out a loud whistle, and not a second after there was a loud thump as someone or something settled onto the front porch. The door swung open again and this time three male Stoithra entered the tavern. They all entered as one, two of them flanking third who was only barely shuffling his feet along. The woman brought up the rear and with a few whispered words, guided her companions to an open table.

"
How are you feeling Marroc?" The woman asked gently, gently resting her hand on the shoulder of the man who had been carried in. Marroc managed a small smile but his face was drawn and pale, and it was a long while before he managed a reply.

"
Oh you know Tally. Can't say I don't enjoy the attention." He said with a sly wink. He tried to adjust himself in the chair, but the movement made him wince and forgo the effort. Seeing the concerned glance that the rest of the group exchanged Marroc chuckled softly and made as though to sit up, finding the movement blocked by the tallest of the group, a grim faced male with wings colored a deep earthy red. "Even if Sallen gets a little handsy."

The comment earned Marroc a light smack across the cheek, but Sallen made no further attempts to argue the point. Instead he settled into a nearby chair, taking the time to gather all their bags together as he began to ruffle through them. Tally busied herself with tending Marroc, helping him remove his shirt to reveal a wad of fabric hastily pressed into his left shoulder. A hint of red could be seen starting to seep through the center of the gauze, and Marroc swallowed the knot in his throat as Tally gently removed one layer of cloth after another. However, Sallen soon drew in close with some spare dressings that he had managed to dig out of their sodden backs, handing one to Tally and shooing her off. Tally resisted only for a few seconds, but the bandage around her thigh was stained a deep red and needed to be changed. Besides Sallen had quick and clever hands and was far better at dressing wounds than she.

"
Artor." Tally said, her eyes not moving from her work. "Barter a room for the night, we will be leaving at first light."

"
But...but Tally we hardly have the coins to buy enough food to restock us for the journey, let along a room." Artor replied, eyes down cast, hands fidgeting with a prominent cowlick that stuck off his forehead.

"
We will also need to charter something to the mainland, Gruff Town will be enough to be getting on with." Tally said, giving no indication she had even heard Artor's concerns.

"
What we need is to get back to The Roost." Sallen's deep voice was ground sharp with distaste. Finally there was some hesitation in Tally's hands and she breathed heavily through her nose.

"
Since you seem to have forgotten. Three of ours were just shot out of the skies our fore bearers have flown since wind first passed under our wings. I will not send anymore of mine to their deaths by taking the chance that whatever was out there has cleared out." Her voice had grown in volume and was nearly shouting by the time she finished. With a nervous swallow Tally regained composure and continued in a softer tone. "Besides, Carthen was the only other one cleared as a Storm Flight, none of you are fit to fly a storm like that till we rest."

Silence persisted, given up to their own private thoughts. Eventually Artor made his way over to the barman and handed over a few rough coins in exchange for lodging for the night. Then hurridly left the in, a soft woosh being heard as he took to the skies, heading for the docks, hoping that they would find passage to the mainland without being cheated of what was left of their measly coins.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.