Clockwork Pirates (A Victorian Steampunk RP) RE-MADE

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I think we are all more than ready for a CS template, to say the least.

We are so on top of things. :bsmile:

I have a feeling we are going to be big post monsters!

I'm a reactive mirror poster, but I don't like novels for posts and I'm posting from my phone.

Or I try to mirror the people I rp with.

I make big posts....usually 6+ paragraphs LOL..or more depending

Last edited:
Reactions: Majem
~ Big post's are my thing as well... I think the longest I've ever written is 10+ ^^

~ Big post's are my thing as well... I think the longest I've ever written is 10+ ^^
Same!! 12+ is the longest. 6+ is average depending on what I'm writing for

It honestly for me depends on my inspiration that day and if I'm not having writer's block.

Though when I get out of writer's block I go writing crazy :D

Lengthy aren't really my thing :'D jk. I'm guilty of posting novel length sometimes; but the length of my posts mostly depends on how much there is to respond to.
Don't want to have people read through 10 paragraphs of minimum 5 sentences if it's all fluff / filler. I've found that my posts are usually a minimum of 2 paragraphs with 5 sentences each.

I would call myself a reflective poster. The more others are posting, the more I tend to post, since I typically either have more to work with, or feel more inspired/obligated to write more! Sadly, that also means the less I have to work with, the less I post, although I try to post a couple paragraphs, minimum.

Do I have to have steampunk stuff? I'm not familiar with this yet. I guess I can try to fit into whatever your characters will be, but still.

@UnsightlyTEAstain

Okee dokee, thanks for the info~
I worked with a bunch of engineers for a short time so I know there's just a lot of things and just a bunch of particulars for their various fields so at first I was sort of overwhelmed by such a broad term XD.
My character will be sort of a Mechanical Engineer in that case. And I believe (unless he told me something else and I'm a liar) @KamrenReed was going to do more electrical engineering. Together they will make the sky-boat fly~

@Majem

If it helps, Steampunk is really just a world running off the technology of a fictional late 1800's (1870-1890s) and early Edwardian technology (starting in about 1901).
((That would actually make the original Bioshock a poor example since it took place between the 30s and ends in 1960, but Bioshock Infinite is a good example if you happened to play it))

What's nice about the genre is it encompasses quite a bit. Westerns for instance.
I actually had to write a thesis on the genre in college so I'd be happy to lend a hand if you find you need it. Though honestly, I'm sure whatever you come up with will work great :D

I still have Harvester's bio saved. XD I can change it if the CS is different than from before.

Do I have to have steampunk stuff? I'm not familiar with this yet. I guess I can try to fit into whatever your characters will be, but still.
No, not at all :) They can be completely human without any steampunkish limbs and or maybe they just prefer the traditional way of living. Just know that it is going to be hard to live without anything steampunk in a Steam-reliant world ^^; but it's definitely not impossible. So be creative and do what you wanna do~

@UnsightlyTEAstain

Okee dokee, thanks for the info~
I worked with a bunch of engineers for a short time so I know there's just a lot of things and just a bunch of particulars for their various fields so at first I was sort of overwhelmed by such a broad term XD.
My character will be sort of a Mechanical Engineer in that case. And I believe (unless he told me something else and I'm a liar) @KamrenReed was going to do more electrical engineering. Together they will make the sky-boat fly~
No probs dude :D I'm just glad that I kind of got my point across without sounding like a complete prat ^^; I'll be looking forward to you and @KamrenReed Teamwork~ Speaking of which...Kamren sorry for the late response and being unable to tell you in the private chat but you're accepted as one of the RP GM's :)

Alright now this is for @EVERYONE

I read through all the messages and it's awesome that everyone is ready for the chara sheets! A thousand apologies for not responding earlier but it wasn't until now that I found time to write something back to you all ^^;; But anyways I'm sure you guys would rather have the good news first! :D I'll be posting the worksheet up now but keep in mind that I am NOT looking for completed character sheets on the interest check thread. You can share it through private messages or turn it into me for an early acceptance so you don't have to worry about all that jazz later on.

Character sheet:

Full Name:

Nickname:

D.O.B:

Appearance:
(Anime, Pictures, illustrations, anything that will describe your characters well. My personal preference is anime or pictures if you want to know :) )

Physical Description:
(This is for the body, hair color, eye color, and if they have mechanical limbs. Clothing style is optional but go for it if you'd like)

Clockwork Pirate Role:
(Engineer, Quartermaster, Weapons Master, etc.)

Relationships:
(Family, lovers, enemies, etc.)

Sexuality:
(Romance is a big must-have for me but if you're more into the Steampunk and adventure aspect/not all too keen in all that lovey dovey stuff Asexual is right up your alley :D )

Personality:
(2-3 paragraphs please but just a full paragraph with amazing grammar would be just as awesome)

Dislikes:
(At least 5)

Habits:
(smoking, electric buzz <<basically the steampunk equivalent of getting 'high', scratching behind ear when lying, all that fun stuff)

Fears:
(At least three)

Skills/Talents:
(At least 4)

Strengths:
{At least 4. This is personality wise.)

Weaknesses:
(At least 4. This is physical and personality wise.)

History:
(Same rules for the personality apply to this as well)

Other:
(Anything else you'd like to add?)

ALSO this may not be the final draft of the CS since I haven't gone through it with my GM's yet. I'm just putting it here for all the excited people who can't wait to get their characters up and running ;)

Last edited:
@UnsightlyTEAstain ~ Well I'm here if you want to talk about adding any upgrades to the CS or getting anything started or arranged.

• Thank You
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
No, not at all :) They can be completely human without any steampunkish limbs and or maybe they just prefer the traditional way of living. Just know that it is going to be hard to live without anything steampunk in a Steam-reliant world ^^; but it's definitely not impossible. So be creative and do what you wanna do~

No probs dude :D I'm just glad that I kind of got my point across without sounding like a complete prat ^^; I'll be looking forward to you and @KamrenReed Teamwork~ Speaking of which...Kamren sorry for the late response and being unable to tell you in the private chat but you're accepted as one of the RP GM's :)

Alright now this is for @EVERYONE

I read through all the messages and it's awesome that everyone is ready for the chara sheets! A thousand apologies for not responding earlier but it wasn't until now that I found time to write something back to you all ^^;; But anyways I'm sure you guys would rather have the good news first! :D I'll be posting the worksheet up now but keep in mind that I am NOT looking for completed character sheets on the interest check thread. You can share it through private messages or turn it into me for an early acceptance so you don't have to worry about all that jazz later on.

Character sheet:

Full Name:

Nickname:

D.O.B:

Appearance:
(Anime, Pictures, illustrations, anything that will describe your characters well. My personal preference is anime or pictures if you want to know :) )

Physical Description:
(This is for the body, hair color, eye color, and if they have mechanical limbs. Clothing style is optional but go for it if you'd like)

Clockwork Pirate Role:
(Engineer, Quartermaster, Weapons Master, etc.)

Relationships:
(Family, lovers, enemies, etc.)

Sexuality:
(Romance is a big must-have for me but if you're more into the Steampunk and adventure aspect/not all too keen in all that lovey dovey stuff Asexual is right up your alley :D )

Personality:
(2-3 paragraphs please but just a full paragraph with amazing grammar would be just as awesome)

Dislikes:
(At least 5)

Habits:
(smoking, electric buzz <<basically the steampunk equivalent of getting 'high', scratching behind ear when lying, all that fun stuff)

Fears:
(At least three)

Skills/Talents:
(At least 4)

Strengths:
{At least 4. This is personality wise.)

Weaknesses:
(At least 4. This is physical and personality wise.)

History:
(Same rules for the personality apply to this as well)

Other:
(Anything else you'd like to add?)

ALSO this may not be the final draft of the CS since I haven't gone through it with my GM's yet. I'm just putting it here for all the excited people who can't wait to get their characters up and running ;)
S033t93.gif

• Love
Reactions: Shayla
@UnsightlyTEAstain ~ Well I'm here if you want to talk about adding any upgrades to the CS or getting anything started or arranged.
Yes! I saw that private message, sorry for not quickly responding to it ^^; But yea I'd appreciate another pair of eyes to look over the CS and see if there's anything to revise, subtract, or add (basically mathematical it xD).

welcome.gif

Reactions: Shayla