Claws Meet Fangs {Zaira & Kitty}

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas was surprised at the man's reaction. He wasn't such a nice doctor, after all. Besides, pushing him away like that while trying to go out was just too much. At first, he just stayed quiet at the sound of the shattering glass, feeling as even a slight move would keep breaking things. Anyway, as the noises were over, he focused once again on that rude man. What was his problem? What did he do wrong? Maybe if he was still human, he'd just let it go, and only try to pick up the things he had broken. Anyway, his nature made him a bit more aggressive than that, and he felt as following him and breaking his neck. The image of the neck breaking was dismissed quickly, though, and he only felt like punching him. Or at least scream at him a bit.

He automatically turned over to follow him, without a clear idea of what he'd do when he caught him, but the voice of Ruby stopped him. He couldn't just leave her to follow that asshole friend of hers. Thomas sighed deeply and turned at her.

"Yeah, let's hope he is." answered her monotonously as he crouched down to pick the pieces of glasses. He didn't say anything else, knowing he'd probably just sound angry. Maybe if he just focused on that task... but it wasn't easy to do it. After getting all the big pieces, he placed them on a counter. There were some of them that looked unbroken, and so they might still be useful.

@Zaira

Ruby went quiet for a moment after hearing Thomas' monotone responce to her words. He seemed a bit irritated about what happened and she couldn't blame him. She just didn't want him to take it out on that doctor. Ruby had a feeling she knew why Dr. Whale was upset, but she wanted to wait until she was out of Mr. Gold's shop to explain. What she did intend to explain, however, was the fact that it was Whale who broke the glass items and not Thomas.

About a minute after the glass broke, Mr. Gold came out looking at the glass with a frown. "Now what happened here?" he asked.

"Dr. Whale pushed through here and sort of pushed Thomas into some glass. It was an accident."

The man sighed. "I'll take it out of his tab. Sorry for the trouble. Why not pick out a candle from the shelf? Dr. Whale will pay for it," he said with a smirk.

Ruby smiled. "Sure. Want to, Thomas? We could set it out with some picnic things maybe. It would be a nice day to have a picnic."

He was a lot more relaxed after finishing picking up the pieces, and he even felt a bit dumb for getting that upset. Especially during a date with Ruby. He looked up at Mr. Gold as he came back, and was about to answer but Ruby did it first. It surprised him the peaceful reaction of the store owner at what had happened. He had believed he was a lot less nicer than that. He was even about to offer paying for those things he broke... but if that guy would do it, it would actually be better.

Thomas smiled at Ruby at her last words. "A picnic would be great." told her before looking at Mr. Gold. "Thank you, sir. And sorry for what happened." said, knowing it wasn't exactly his fault, but thinking it would still be polite. He grabbed Ruby's hand after it and met her gaze. "Which one you'd like, then?"

@Zaira

"Oh no, don't be sorry. Dr. Whale has come in here and caused problems for me before, so right away I knew you were telling the truth about him," Mr. Gold replied to Thomas. "Just pick something out and I'll wrap it up for you."

Ruby remained quiet for a moment, still surprised that Mr. Gold was so calm and polite about the whole situation. She had heard of situations where he had gotten very angry over situations even smaller than what had just happened in their shop. For example, he beat a man with his cane simply for stealing a tea cup. Ruby was certain he would have had a bad reaction over losing a whole shelf of glass items--that were likely quite expensive. Still, she was glad she had been wrong.

She smiled at Thomas and gave his hand a small squeeze when he took hold of hers. "Let's pick something that smells like a summer scent. Maybe he has an ocean scent..." Ruby browsed through the candles after a moment, quickly finding one that matched the scent she was interested in. After all, she did have a keen sense of smell. After selecting it, she brought it to Mr. Gold and had him wrap it up for them. "Well, I don't see anything else in here of interest for now. Shall we go?" she asked Thomas.

He was still grateful at the store owner for his comprehension. It'd probably finish making Thomas angry if he would have blame the accident on him. And if there was something he wouldn't like Ruby to see, would be his crazy vampire side. He looked at her as she decided for a candle and smiled as she talked. There were a few things that caught his attention in there, but he still preferred to get out of there. "Yes, of course. Let's go." answered her softly. He turned to look at the other man. "Goodbye, Mr. Gold." simply said, before opening the door for Ruby.

Thomas waited until they were both outside before talking once again. "So, do you know what happened in there?" asked her. He was only curious about it at that moment, and even had an amused smile crossing his face as he spoke.

@Zaira

One Thomas was prepared to leave, Ruby nodded and took his arm before heading out with him. She let out a sigh when he asked about Dr. Whale and why he had acted the way he did when they were in the shop. Ruby let go of his arm and swung the bag with the candles in it with her other hand. "Okay, I'll tell you what I think is going on. I just hope you aren't the jealous type when when I tell you this," said Ruby, thinking for a moment about what to say before she told him. "Dr. Whale was in a bad place one time. After everyone here in Storybrooke got their real memories back, some people struggled. He was one of them. I hung out with him sometimes to try and encourage him. We were friends for a while." She smiled. "I have sharp wolf senses, and to me it seemed like he was jealous of you. I really had no idea he might've liked me before. But we don't have to be hard on him. It's over now," she said with a nod.

He didn't get angry at her explanation. At least it made sense with that, and maybe that Dr. Whale wasn't completely crazy. "Oh, well, it doesn't surprise me..." told her, as he grew a charming smile on his face. "Every guy in town should be jealous of me at this moment." added, softly squeezing her hand. Ruby wasn't only beautiful, but also amazing and funny, so he wasn't just trying to say a nice thing that wasn't true. He simply wouldn't blame someone for liking her.

"Alright, let's think about the picnic. We should go at get some food... for you at least. And a nice basket to take everything. Although you probably have many of those." said, added the last part joking about her being red riding hood. That was something that was still weird to think about.

@Zaira

The classic charming smile--which had won Ruby over from the moment she first met Thomas--on his face quickly reassured her that he wasn't bothered at all by her explanation. She smiled lightly for a moment, until processing his reply. Afterwards, her face returned to a neutral expression. She would've frowned, but the smile on Thomas' face made it hard to do that. "Oh, I don't know about that. Not every guy in town is fond of me like you and Dr. Whale are. If anything, they're fond of me base solely on looks alone. When it comes to the... wolf thing... that's where their opinions on me get complicated. I'm not too popular when it comes to that," replied, going quiet for a moment until Thomas commented on their picnic.

"Good idea, it wouldn't exactly be a picnic without some food. I know where we can get some decent food here in town. My granny actually has a diner," Ruby said, pausing before adding, "Don't worry, she isn't there right now though. Although, I keep forgetting that you aren't exactly that interested in eating people food," she said, smiling awkwardly. "Any suggestions? I want to make this enjoyable for you too. "

He frowned slightly at her answer. It was actually a surprise that people didn't like her... alright, he understood they could be scared, but she was just so wonderful that it was still weird. "It sounds logical, a werewolf does sound scary at first, especially for humans. Although it's dumb now that you have complete control about it. But, well, I couldn't tell. I only know that I'd take my chances even if I was still human." told him, smiling once again towards the end of it.

Thomas chuckled slightly with her words. "Sounds great, as long as she doesn't decide to surprise us coming back..." told her, only half joking. Maybe he wasn't as scared of her as he pretended, since he didn't think his life was actually in risk around her. But he still preferred not to meet her again. "And don't worry, I'll enjoy it. We aren't robbing a blood bank on our date, anyway. And I'm not thirsty for the moment. So I can join you with some human food." told her with a small shrug.

@Zaira //ooc: Sorry for the long wait! It's been a super busy last couple of months, but things are slowing down again so I thought I'd write you another reply to this. I should be faster now for a while. ^_^

Ruby shrugged her shoulders. "Well, in all honesty, they have good reason to fear me." The brunette lifted a hand and clutched the pendant she was wearing around her neck, the one that allowed her to transform into her wolf form at will. "I can control the wolf thing now, but there was a time when I couldn't. It was the time when Peter was--" She paused, cutting herself off. It was still hard to entirely talk about the time she had killed her last boyfriend, even if she had told Thomas about it before. "Anyhow, around that time, there were complains spreading through the village that people were missing. So, well," Ruby paused, sighing. "Let's just say I probably didn't just eat one person." She frowned. "It's hard for people to forget things like that, you know? Even if I'm harmless now..."

"Oh, my mistake. Robbing a blood bank must be the activity you have planned for our next date," Ruby teased, the smile returning to her face. "You could always try some of Granny's tomato soup? I mean, it's thick and looks like blood even if the flavor isn't exactly right," she added, stifling another laugh with the back of a hand. "I'm just teasing. There's a lot on the menu you can look at. And, I swear she won't be showing up this time. If she did, I'd be downright shocked. Granny is a woman who likes to stick to her schedule, and she's always gone around this time every day to run her errands."

Thomas couldn't avoid to change his expression when she started talking about the reasons people had to fear her. He obviously remembered what had happened to her before, and well, she was right. They had their reasons, especially since humans were hard to change their minds about something. He just didn't have a way to cheer her up with true words, so he didn't. "Uhm, well, you are right. I mean, I know that I'm accepted by society only because they have no idea what I really am. But if someone truly knew me, that wasn't a werewolf, things would be different... I was just conscious enough to cover my trails. Which certainly makes it worse..."

As Ruby's smile returned to her face, Thomas' expression lit as well. They should just enjoy their time together, instead of thinking about the bodies they had in their hands. "Oh, no. I'm not showing you my robbing methods until, let's say, our 5th date. The next one is still too soon." answered her, keeping with her joke. Even if they were just kidding, that was actually one of the ways he kept fed. And the one people couldn't get hurt. "So, anything bloody-like red would work. Or maybe..." he stated, and made a devilish smile afterwards. "I'll just take a little of your Dr. Whale friend... and make sure I handle my competition correctly." added, and chuckled softly afterwards, mainly to state he was only joking. Even though he clearly didn't like that guy, he wouldn't turn to the jealous I'll-kill-everyone-who-approaches-you guy.

Thomas couldn't avoid to change his expression when she started talking about the reasons people had to fear her. He obviously remembered what had happened to her before, and well, she was right. They had their reasons, especially since humans were hard to change their minds about something. He just didn't have a way to cheer her up with true words, so he didn't. "Uhm, well, you are right. I mean, I know that I'm accepted by society only because they have no idea what I really am. But if someone truly knew me, that wasn't a werewolf, things would be different... I was just conscious enough to cover my trails. Which certainly makes it worse..."

As Ruby's smile returned to her face, Thomas' expression lit as well. They should just enjoy their time together, instead of thinking about the bodies they had in their hands. "Oh, no. I'm not showing you my robbing methods until, let's say, our 5th date. The next one is still too soon." answered her, keeping with her joke. Even if they were just kidding, that was actually one of the ways he kept fed. And the one people couldn't get hurt. "So, anything bloody-like red would work. Or maybe..." he stated, and made a devilish smile afterwards. "I'll just take a little of your Dr. Whale friend... and make sure I handle my competition correctly." added, and chuckled softly afterwards, mainly to state he was only joking. Even though he clearly didn't like that guy, he wouldn't turn to the jealous I'll-kill-everyone-who-approaches-you guy.

@Zaira

Ruby nodded, agreeing with Thomas' words. It was a shame she had to agree with him, but what he said was entirely true. Society only seemed to accept the norm; it was much easier for them. And honestly, Ruby couldn't blame them. Some days, she wished that she too could be entirely normal. Even so, she wouldn't give up what she was even if she could. It would be like giving up a part of herself. That was something she just couldn't do. "Has anyone ever found out that you were a vampire? Anyone you hadn't revealed yourself to by your own choosing?" she asked, curious. "As for myself, I've never revealed myself to anyone. Its kind of nice that outside of Storybrooke, nobody really knows what I am. I can pretend to be normal sometimes."

"That's a crying shame. Now what am I going to do with all of the burglar gear I bought? Such as my white and black striped shirt, dark mask, and big bag to store all of our loot," Ruby joked with a chuckle, trying to picture exactly what a burglar costume might look like. She then gave the vampire a light, teasing shove when he mentioned Dr. Whale. She rolled her eyes at his comment, but still laughed anyhow. "If you did something like that, you'd scare the heck out of him I'll have you know. He's not one of the bravest men you'd meet." She smiled. "Don't worry about him anyhow." She reached down and gave Thomas' hand a squeeze. "I'm with you, not him."

Thomas shook his head slowly. "Luckily, no one had. I know there are a couple of vampire hunters that would love to take care of every one of my kind, so I always try to be careful. Actually, I think that there are only three people that ever knew about what I am. The one that turned me, a friend from my human time and, obviously, you." told her. He was always pretending to be normal, even if he didn't want to, so sometimes that privilege became a little annoying, but he wouldn't complain.

At the mention of her clothes, Thomas couldn't avoid to chuckle. He actually pictured her wearing it, which was quite hilarious. "You know what you can do? Keep it. That is definitely the costume you'll be wearing the following Halloween dance we are going together." teased her, half smiling as he looked at her. Assuming they were going to be together for another Halloween was a little presumptuous, but he didn't mind. At her squeeze, his smile immediately stretched. Maybe it wasn't too presumptuous. "Alright, I will forgive your friend's life." added, being quite dramatic. "Speaking of, is he a character in any story I may know?" asked, curiously.

Thomas shook his head slowly. "Luckily, no one had. I know there are a couple of vampire hunters that would love to take care of every one of my kind, so I always try to be careful. Actually, I think that there are only three people that ever knew about what I am. The one that turned me, a friend from my human time and, obviously, you." told her. He was always pretending to be normal, even if he didn't want to, so sometimes that privilege became a little annoying, but he wouldn't complain.

At the mention of her clothes, Thomas couldn't avoid to chuckle. He actually pictured her wearing it, which was quite hilarious. "You know what you can do? Keep it. That is definitely the costume you'll be wearing the following Halloween dance we are going together." teased her, half smiling as he looked at her. Assuming they were going to be together for another Halloween was a little presumptuous, but he didn't mind. At her squeeze, his smile immediately stretched. Maybe it wasn't too presumptuous. "Alright, I will forgive your friend's life." added, being quite dramatic. "Speaking of, is he a character in any story I may know?" asked, curiously.

@Zaira

"Huh, that's interesting," Ruby replied, wondering what it was like to have so few people who actually knew what your true nature was. "Nobody knows what I am, but inside Storybrooke, everyone knows. So I could walk outside of town and be completely invisible, yet on the inside sometimes I feel completely... exposed." Ruby shrugged. "But it's really all right. I'm used to it." It was nice in a way. She didn't have to worry about hiding herself. "Is it hard having to keep hidden all the time? I wonder if that might be a burden sometimes..."

"Oh really?" Ruby questioned with a laugh. "Fine, maybe I will go as a prisoner, but you'd better go as something that'll match my costume such as a police officer. Then you can arrest me if I get out of hand," she teased with a wink. Ruby wondered herself if they would be together another year, but she immediately brushed the thought away. There was no need to worry about such a thing when they had only been together for a short time. Who knows what could happen a year from then? "Oh, Dr. Whale is... hah, you wouldn't be able to guess in a million years. He's not from my land, in truth. This would would say he's a character from a book called Dr. Frankenstein," she explained.

That actually didn't sound so bad. Ruby had a place to be herself, and a place where she wouldn't be judged. It was a lot better than not having a choice. "Kind of, but, I'm also used to it." answered her with a small shrug. He had been doing it for 44 years already, so it wasn't something that still bothered him. "Pretty much everything about being a vampire is a burden, anyway. But, well, at least you have enough time to play every single videogame that ever existed, or read all the books you want." added, smirking towards the end of it. He was actually the kind that considered being immortal more like a curse than a blessing, and even if you were going to watch everyone you cared die eventually, it had a few small perks. So he tried to make it look a little better than what it actually was.

Thomas raised his eyebrows at her comment and bit his lower lip with a smile. He got a little closer to her as they walk, to speak directly to her ear. "You are damn right I will." agreed to her tease, and pulled a little away to continue their way. The vampire listened with interest the answer to his question, and took a second to understand. As she said he was a character from Frankestein, he waited until she added who he was in there. Anyway, as she didn't say anything else, he thought about it for a moment. Even though that was clearly not the way he pictured a man crazy and intelligent enough to create life, the title of his name gave it away. "Wait, are you saying he is... the Dr. Frankestein?!" asked, still oblivious about it.

That actually didn't sound so bad. Ruby had a place to be herself, and a place where she wouldn't be judged. It was a lot better than not having a choice. "Kind of, but, I'm also used to it." answered her with a small shrug. He had been doing it for 44 years already, so it wasn't something that still bothered him. "Pretty much everything about being a vampire is a burden, anyway. But, well, at least you have enough time to play every single videogame that ever existed, or read all the books you want." added, smirking towards the end of it. He was actually the kind that considered being immortal more like a curse than a blessing, and even if you were going to watch everyone you cared die eventually, it had a few small perks. So he tried to make it look a little better than what it actually was.

Thomas raised his eyebrows at her comment and bit his lower lip with a smile. He got a little closer to her as they walk, to speak directly to her ear. "You are damn right I will." agreed to her tease, and pulled a little away to continue their way. The vampire listened with interest the answer to his question, and took a second to understand. As she said he was a character from Frankestein, he waited until she added who he was in there. Anyway, as she didn't say anything else, he thought about it for a moment. Even though that was clearly not the way he pictured a man crazy and intelligent enough to create life, the title of his name gave it away. "Wait, are you saying he is... the Dr. Frankestein?!" asked, still oblivious about it.

@Zaira

Ruby nodded in response to his answer. Thomas seemed to have a hang of things, even if being a vampire was a burden to him. It was good to see that he liked to look on the bright side of things when he could. His situation was likely far worse than Ruby's was. She really didn't have any room to complained compared to him. "Endless time, huh? I bet that is a handy gift to have. If I had endless time I'd learn how to do all kinds of things." She raised an eyebrow teasingly. "But you'd use a bunch of time playing video games? I'm surprised an elder such as yourself would be interested in something like that," she teased.

Immediately, the wolf girl spat out a laugh when Thomas whispered in her ear. "You sound so confident about that. I just might not let you arrest me," she said, pulling away from him and teasingly, almost playfully walking a step in front of him. She glanced over her shoulder at Thomas, however, nodded at him when he asked about Frankenstein. "Yep, wouldn't you know it? He's the guy. His real name is Dr. Victor Frankenstein. Most people around town still call him Dr. Whale because he's not from our land and not many people knew him before the curse. But yes, he's the storybook incarnation of Frankenstein in living flesh. I told you, there are some strange characters roaming about..."

With her last thought in mind, as they approached the diner that belonged to Ruby's grandmother, the young woman turned to glance at Thomas. "These characters seem fascinating, huh? How about we have a little fun with this? We'll walk through the town and I'll point to different people. See if you can guess what fairy tale character they might be," she suggested.

He laughed at her tease. Yeah, maybe spending your time as an immortal to play videogames instead of looking a cure to cancer was pretty useless. "I always think I'll learn all kind of new and interest things, but the thing is that when time isn't a pressure, you just say 'Hell to that, I'll start tomorrow'. And I know that people my age usually aren't interesting videogames, but, the change they went through is pretty amazing. What I try to say is that, when I was young for real, video games were just pixels that move. And today they look even better than reality. I just can't ignore that..." explained her with an amused smile.

Thomas smiled as she pulled away from him teasingly, but was too surprised to hear that he met Dr. Frankenstein to keep with their game. "I have to admit, he looks pretty normal for a crazy genius. Is whatever he had given life to around as well?" asked, once again, curiously. He couldn't avoid being interested in her town and its citizens.

"That would be amazing." answered her, a little excited about her propose. He would really love to see how all those characters looked for real, and trying to guess sounded really fun. "Oh, but..." added, rushing with his superhuman speed to get himself in front of Ruby. "First, you should know that I could arrest you, even if you don't let me." told her pretty amused with a smirk, going back to their previous tease.

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
He laughed at her tease. Yeah, maybe spending your time as an immortal to play videogames instead of looking a cure to cancer was pretty useless. "I always think I'll learn all kind of new and interest things, but the thing is that when time isn't a pressure, you just say 'Hell to that, I'll start tomorrow'. And I know that people my age usually aren't interesting videogames, but, the change they went through is pretty amazing. What I try to say is that, when I was young for real, video games were just pixels that move. And today they look even better than reality. I just can't ignore that..." explained her with an amused smile.

Thomas smiled as she pulled away from him teasingly, but was too surprised to hear that he met Dr. Frankenstein to keep with their game. "I have to admit, he looks pretty normal for a crazy genius. Is whatever he had given life to around as well?" asked, once again, curiously. He couldn't avoid being interested in her town and its citizens.

"That would be amazing." answered her, a little excited about her propose. He would really love to see how all those characters looked for real, and trying to guess sounded really fun. "Oh, but..." added, rushing with his superhuman speed to get himself in front of Ruby. "First, you should know that I could arrest you, even if you don't let me." told her pretty amused with a smirk, going back to their previous tease.

@Zaira

"Huh, I can't blame you for that," Ruby replied to Thomas. "The real me, Red, was raised in a reality without video games, but the me from this world, Ruby, was too much of a girly girl to be interested in such things. All she really wanted to do was... flirt and dress in questionable clothing all the time," she sheepishly admitted. "But I'll have to try some games with you. I bet they are fun. You'll just have to go easy on a noob like me," she warned, chuckling.

"Hm, you mean Frankenstein's monster? No, he's not around here. His creation is actually his own brother. That's why he tried so hard to bring him back to life. But, I think when Victor was brought here after the curse, his brother was left behind. It's part of the reason why he's so... unsettled in this place. The others have grown comfortable here, like it's a second home, but Victor still wants to go back to try and revive his brother. It's kinda sad." Ruby didn't even want to think about trying to bring back the dead, such as her ex-boyfriend. It was an uncomfortable thought, in her opinion, to bring back someone who was already at rest.

Blinking in surprised, Ruby took a step back when Thomas rushed in front of her with his speed. "Oh yeah, wise guy?" she asked with a smirk. "If you want to arrest me so bad, how about we make a deal? If you manage to guess more fairy tale character identities then you fail to guess, I'll dress up in a prisoner outfit during our next date--or whatever you want. It doesn't matter to me. But if you fail to guess more identities then you succeed, I'll pick our your outfit for our next date," she explained, doing her best to hold back a laugh.

He smiled at her when she mentioned she was willing to try videogames with him. That would be pretty fun, no matter if she was seriously as bad as she insisted. It was kind of hard for Thomas to picture the previous Ruby, but he was completely sure he wouldn't like her as much as he was liking his actual Ruby. "I could teach you..." offered, still talking about videogames, in case they ever got to it for real. "Sadly, it's one of the few things I'm really good at. So, after bragging a little, I'd be glad to teach you how to play any game." offered with a small smirk.

Hearing about Frankenstein, Thomas was starting to believe fairytales weren't as happy as ordinary people tended to believe. Ruby's story had been pretty tough as well, without mention how dark Rumpelt... - the man at the store - looked. Of course, he didn't mention that thought of his. This was her world, and he didn't want to start making assumptions about it. Dark or not, it was hugely interesting, and he'd always accept it if she belonged to it.

Another big smile crossed his face with her next words, followed by a chuckle, and he stopped his previous thought. "Seems we have a deal, my dear Ruby." told her, offering his hand to her, in order to seal their deal. He wasn't going to forget about that, and he was already hoping he'd be the winner. Who knew what kind of things she could make him wear otherwise...

He smiled at her when she mentioned she was willing to try videogames with him. That would be pretty fun, no matter if she was seriously as bad as she insisted. It was kind of hard for Thomas to picture the previous Ruby, but he was completely sure he wouldn't like her as much as he was liking his actual Ruby. "I could teach you..." offered, still talking about videogames, in case they ever got to it for real. "Sadly, it's one of the few things I'm really good at. So, after bragging a little, I'd be glad to teach you how to play any game." offered with a small smirk.

Hearing about Frankenstein, Thomas was starting to believe fairytales weren't as happy as ordinary people tended to believe. Ruby's story had been pretty tough as well, without mention how dark Rumpelt... - the man at the store - looked. Of course, he didn't mention that thought of his. This was her world, and he didn't want to start making assumptions about it. Dark or not, it was hugely interesting, and he'd always accept it if she belonged to it.

Another big smile crossed his face with her next words, followed by a chuckle, and he stopped his previous thought. "Seems we have a deal, my dear Ruby." told her, offering his hand to her, in order to seal their deal. He wasn't going to forget about that, and he was already hoping he'd be the winner. Who knew what kind of things she could make him wear otherwise...

@Zaira

While interested in the topic of Thomas teaching her to play video games, Ruby found another statement in his words that her attention was immediately drawn to. "What do you mean it's one of the few things you're good at? I'm sure you're good at a lot of things! You've been alive for so long that surely you've had enough time to learn a few new things. If I had the ability not to age, I'd go to school and try to learn everything there is to learn. I think that'd be fun, not to mention useful," she told him.

When Thomas offered his hand to Ruby, she shook it in order to seal their deal. "Good, it's a deal then. I hope you don't hate the outfit I pick out for you when I win," she teased. To be honest, she wasn't sure if Thomas would do that bad. Some of the townsfolk really weren't very good at hiding their identities, and there was also the case of Henry, the mayor's son, who had only been a little boy when he figured out the identities of everyone in town. It may not have been a difficult task.

capmaninthereturn.gif

When the two of them entered the diner, Ruby walked up to the counter and took a menu out, offering it to Thomas. "We have a lot of soups and sandwiches. At this hour, we've finished serving breakfast, so everything on the lunch menu is fair game. If you can't decide, I'll help you," she offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.