Status
Not open for further replies.
He smiled at her right after she kissed his cheek, and muttered a pretty low 'Good luck' before she left. Even though if he got discovered it would make a really awkward, and maybe seriously dangerous, situation, he couldn't stop himself from being amused by her whole plan to sneak out. Ruby was simply amazing.

Hoping no one would see him behind that plant, he waited until Ruby started to talk to her grandmother. Now it was his turn to act. He stood up as if nothing happened and walked towards the door, wishing to easily get out. Even though he was as far as he could from them, the place wasn't really big, so he could only take a few meters of distance. Thomas found himself hoping the woman too old to smell him.

Ruby's grandmother laughed at her. Ruby rubbed the back of her head nervously, unsure if her granny's laughter was a good sign or a bad sign. "That's a good one, Ruby. So where is he?"

Ruby's heart dropped. "Excuse me? I don't--"

The elderly woman chuckled again. "Ruby, I'm no fool." She pointed to the wine bottle on the table. "That isn't the kind of drink you have with a gal pal you go out to have lunch with in the middle of the day. That's the kind of drink a man buys his date. So where is he, Ruby? Where is your date?" the woman asked, starting to look around.

Ruby felt her whole face heat up. Why was this woman so smart!?

She quickly tried to step in front of her grandmother, hoping to block Thomas from her view. "Granny, you're mistaken. I didn't bring a--"

"There he is," the elderly woman flatly stated, pushing past Ruby to walk toward Thomas--who was still in the process of trying to sneak out.

"W-Wait! No! You've got it all wrong! Even if I had brought a date, you can't just walk up to some man in here assuming it's him!"

The granny snickered. "Well, he's the only one hunched over and trying to sneak out of here." The woman grabbed a fork off a nearby table and walked up to Thomas, pushing his back flat against the walk he was next to. She took the fork and stabbed it right into the wall next to his head. "So, tell me, son, are you the one here my girl was on a date with?"

Ruby's jaw dropped and her face turned bright red. Not only had her granny embarrassed her in public, but she'd probably make Thomas not want to see her again after this. She couldn't believe that woman sometimes!

@Zaira XD

• Love
Reactions: Nad
He heard their conversation and hurried his pace a little. Thomas now knew that Ruby wasn't exaggerating at all when she talked about her grandmother. And, maybe, he would have been able to sneak out if she wouldn't stab a fork right next to his head. He stayed frozen before that movement. When he finally took his gaze from the fork and faced the woman, he was terrified by the look on her face. It didn't matter how strong he could be as a vampire, that woman really scared the hell out of him. Adding that he felt extremely awkward, he took a long moment to finally talk. Or try to talk.

"I... I... umm..." stammered, feeling completely silly. What should he answer? He could just lie, but she seemed pretty sure about him being Ruby's date, and he didn't want to find out what she would do with someone lying to her face. So he definitely needed to tell her the truth. But how could he do that without being stabbed himself with that fork? 'Relax, Thomas, unless she finds something made out of wood, you'll be just fine.' was repeating to himself, but it was easier to think it than to do it. He finally decided to speak the truth the best he could.

With a deep sigh, he tried to face the situation. "My name is Thomas Ranger, and it is a pleasure to meet you, even under this circumstances. I am, indeed, on a date with your granddaughter. And, I'm sorry for trying to sneak out, but you can't blame me for wanting to buy her a nice diner. She is a beautiful and amazing woman, and I only want the best for her. I'm sure that's what we both want." said and shut up, nervously waiting for an answer.

@Zaira

The tough, elderly woman looked Thomas up and down before peering into his eyes as if to judge his soul. Her stare was enough to make even the strongest of men wet his pants or at least quake at the knees. She took a long time before replying to anything that Thomas said, leaving a very uncomfortable window for the poor vampire to dread her eventual response to him.

"Hm," she simply said at first, raising an eyebrow as she looked at him. "Well, at least he's honest unlike his date standing behind me," she finally said. She took a step back, making it seem like she might walk away, but instead she took out a small, wooden arrow out of her jacket that probably went on the end of a crossbow. Ruby was mortified. Her grandmother still carried one of those? Really? It wasn't the medieval times anymore!

The woman poked Thomas on the chest with it before wiggling it in his face to accompany her final warning. "You know what an elderly woman will do to a man who disrespects her granddaughter? She'll do the same thing she'd do to a vampire. She'd shoot him in the heart with a wooden arrow. Thankfully, you haven't done anything like that yet, but in truth, I'd just prefer you weren't around her at all." She turned around to shoot Ruby a glare. "If she isn't mature enough to do her the chores she promised before going out to goof off, she isn't mature enough to be out on dates like this."

Ruby's jaw dropped. Had her grandmother just called Thomas out on being a vampire? Or had she just used a metaphor to threaten him? She honestly hadn't the slightest clue. Ruby was stunned to silence with her cheeks flushed bright red, unsure what to say to her grandmother.

"U-Uh, I'm sorry. I forgot I had chores at home."

The old woman snickered. "Well, you'd better go home and take care of them then, huh? Tell your date goodbye and get a move on."

Ruby flinched, glancing at her grandmother before snapping back, "Well, I'm not going to do it with you hovering over my shoulder like that. Please just go! I'll say goodbye to him my own way!" she huffed, shaking her head.

"Fine," she grumbled, stepping back to head over to her table where she had been keeping her friend waiting.

Ruby sighed and hung her head for a moment before approaching Thomas. "Sorry, I'd... better do what she says for now. I really am sorry about this. You can just... um... take the food with you and put it away. If we try this again maybe we can have a picnic or something and eat it then." And if they didn't try again? Well... Ruby couldn't blame him. She had a feeling her grandmother mostly took this out on Thomas because Ruby had forgotten about her chores at home. In a normal situation--with her grandmother possibly in a better mood--this whole scene might have gone differently.

Thomas saw the wooden arrow and his eyes widened. Even if every one of his instincts told him to run away, he fought them, but still kept really alert of the wooden arrow. His heart beat faster as she approached that thing to his chest, but he just staid still. Even if he seriously though his life might be at risk with that woman, he didn't move at all. Maybe it had been because of fear, or maybe he did it to be able to see Ruby again some other time, but he didn't even try taking the arrow from her or running away.

After it, he was a little released he took the arrow from his chest and watched the scene between both of them. It seemed that at least he had survived her. For the moment, at least. He looked at Ruby, who was approaching to him, and gave her a sad look. He really didn't want her to leave. Feeling as grabbing her and taking her with him, he dismissed that idea. It wasn't out of fear, because he could face that, but for his manners. Even if Ruby was old enough to make her choices, it seemed that he would have to win over her grandmother first. "Don't worry at all." told her with a smile. "I'll get some new food for the next time." added. There were actually many things he wanted to tell her, without mentioning his urge to kiss her, but he did respected his life a little to do that. "I'll just... let you do what you have to do, and I'll call you to try once again, okay?" Unless you wanna run and quickly get inside my car...

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Zaira

Ruby nodded at Thomas' words, rubbing her arm for a moment quietly. Boy this was an awkward situation. She felt terrible about leaving right now, but Ruby did respect her grandmother enough to listen, and did feel guilty about not completing the chores she had been asked to do. Still, Ruby was a grown woman and later--after the two of them were back home together--she had a feeling she was going to get into a big argument with her. Just because Ruby hadn't done something right didn't mean she had to take it out on Thomas like that! She was modified that their first date, or first date attempt, had ended up turning out like this.

"Yeah, feel free to text me later, okay? I'll take care of what I need to do and we can try another day. I work tomorrow morning, but I should be free by noon." She rubbed the back of her head. Even if Thomas said he was still interested in seeing her again, it may have been just to be polite right now. She wouldn't have been surprised if he changed his mind after this little episode. But, time would tell. If he actually did text her or didn't ignore her calls, then Ruby would know for sure. "Goodbye then. Enjoy the rest of your day," she told him, also resisting the urge to give him a hug or a little kiss goodbye in front of her grandmother. She turned to head back to the table when she had left her purse, grabbing it before heading out. It was going to be a long cab ride home...

//ooc: After your post, should we timeskip to the next day? Then have Thomas and Ruby contact each other after Ruby's work shift or something?

OOC: Sure! I'll do it in this post (:

"Goodbye, Ruby. Be safe." he simply answered, offering her a warm smile. He sighed as she turned around, hating to see things end up like that. As he was about to leave, he thought that maybe he could try to work things with her grandmother. She would eventually allow her to date, right? Maybe if he was nice enough.... Being a little scared, he approach to her table. "Goodbye, ladies. I hope you enjoy your meal." said with a cordial smile and bowing his head a little, as if that woman wasn't about to stab him with a fork a minute ago. He wasn't sure if she would stay to eat or just leave with Ruby, but they were still siting there so he had no idea what else to say.

After it, he just left the place and headed to his car. He found himself embraced by the loneliness that was hunting him every one of his days, except for the short moments he spent with Ruby. A deep growl slipped through his throat, he was angry. It wasn't only for the failed attempt on their date or the scary grandmother of hers, but something else. Maybe that little episode destroyed his hope of feeling better and spend a day without suffering for his wife. And, it didn't matter why, he was once again all alone, thinking about her death. Besides, the feeling of wanting to see Ruby made it just worst. He turned the car on and drove, not sure where he was going, but sure about wanting to feed, which seemed to be the only thing that made it better. Thomas always tried to avoid hunting while he was angry, because he wasn't as neat and nice as usual, and someone may get hurt. But he just didn't care and looked for an easy prey; a vulnerable innocent girl alone in an alley. He may had taken a little more than he should, but he didn't do any irreparable damage at least. Thanks to his blood, she wouldn't remember anything, or only a few things that wouldn't make much sense.

He came back to his apartment pretty late, and slept until midday. Even if he had a job, he was taking a few days off after what happened to his wife, saying he was sick. So, those days, he was simply doing nothing at his place. He waited until noon to try to contact Ruby once again. Even if he was about to call her, something that looked better to his old-fashioned manners, he decided to send her a text. What if her grandmother was holding her phone or something, and he would have to speak to her? Yeah, a text would be fine.

'Hey! Have you finished your chores? You still owe me dinner and a walk.' wrote on his phone. The text had a playful tone, but they still needed to have a nice dinner and she had promised him a walk back in the halloween party, so he believed it would be good. He sent it and found himself anxiously waiting for an answer.

@Zaira

Ruby decided not to leave with her grandmother. She went ahead and called a cab to head straight home. It was a long ride back, but at least it would be better than a long ride back with her grandmother that would include a lot arguing and frustration. Ruby had felt enough tension for one day and didn't want to argue right now. She knew a lot of arguing would occur later, anyhow. So Ruby headed home, watching the view slowly become more rural as she arrived back to StoryBrooke. She had the cab drop her off right at the Diner where she had some work to do, and got to it without resting as soon as she went inside.

Once her chores were complete, and her grandmother had returned home, Ruby ended up arguing with her just as she had thought. She told her grandmother what was on her mind. She didn't have to treat Thomas like that! It wasn't right to take it out on the poor guy when she was obviously mad at Ruby for something she did. As far as she was concerned, Thomas was innocent and Granny should have pulled Ruby aside to discuss why she was upset. She shouldn't have done what she did! However, her granny retorted saying that she did what she did as part of Ruby's punishment. Embarrassing her had been part of the punishment, and besides that Granny just didn't like the guy. There was something off about him. And though Ruby wasn't happy that granny had put it that way, at least she hadn't realized what was off about Thomas was his identity as a vampire. She just hoped to god that she'd never notice either.

The next day, Ruby worked her shift in the diner, washing dishes toward the time her shift was almost up. She had her phone sitting by the sink and continued to peer at it, nervously wondering if Thomas was going to reply to her or not. Eventually, her eyes remained focused on the dishes, and her attention drifted off her phone. Staring at it was only going to make her anxious anyhow.

After a few more minutes of working, Ruby heard a voice speak behind her. "Hey! Have you finished your chores? You still owe me dinner and a walk," said the voice of Ruby's friend, Belle, who had picked up her phone and read from it. "What's this? Do you have a date, Ruby?"

Ruby felt her cheeks flush red and whirled around to quickly grab her phone. She was hoping nobody would see any text messages from Thomas. But, at least the person who saw it was a friend and not her grandmother this time. "He's just... a friend," Ruby stated, quickly wiping her hands dry so she could use her phone.

Belle smiled. "Dinner and a walk sounds more like a date than spending time with a friend, but if you insist," she said with a wink before turning to leave.

Ruby frowned. "Just don't tell anyone, okay? I don't really want the word to spread yet," she said with a sigh. She felt bad for hiding her interest in Thomas right now, but she just needed to get used to things. After all, she hadn't dated someone in a long time and her last two interests had died.

She picked up her phone and texted him back: "I'm just about to finish my work shift. I'd love to go somewhere. Is there any way you could pick me up? I could meet you at the town line where I live," she stated before adding, "Is that what you'd like to do? Dinner and a walk?" she asked just to make sure.

Thomas smiled as he heard the notification of a new message. Getting text back by Ruby was the highlight of his day. "I can pick you up wherever you want, darling. Just give me an address or something. And that would be nice, but we can try something else. We are not going to another restaurant, though." wrote down and sent her. He waited for another response, a bit more relaxed. At least it seemed she would be able to sneak out, or maybe her grandmother changed her idea about dates. Anyway, it seemed they would meet.

Ruby smiled when Thomas texted her back right away. She was actually excited to go see him again and relieved he didn't want to go to a restaurant. She didn't want to either after how yesterday had turned out. Ruby turned to her friend Bell, who was talking to someone at the counter, and quickly told her she was leaving. "I'm heading out five minutes early. If granny asks why, just tell her you don't know, okay? Thanks!" She grinned and quickly rushed out before Belle could say anything. Once she was outside of the diner, she texted Thomas back. First she texted him the address before texting him a reply to his message.

"Great, I'm glad you can pick me up. I'm looking forward to seeing your old man car." She smiled before adding one more message. "I'm going to go get ready then. Just text me when you're getting close to the location or if you get lost. Some people have a hard time finding this place. It's a small town." And outsiders rarely came to StoryBrooke.

Ruby walked off from the diner, heading back to her own house so she could get changed before it was time to meet Thomas. She didn't really want to meet him in her work uniform, after all.

@Zaira

He quickly read the message she sent him and smiled reading it. So, he was not only seeing Ruby, but also seeing the entrance to that enchanted town. That would be interesting. He stood up from his bed and went to find something to wear. As he had already taken a shower and had a pair of jeans on, he only needed to get a shirt. He had chosen a red and black plaid shirt, and smiled amused thinking he would somehow match her. After rolling up his sleeves he took a black leather jacket. It wasn't the same as yesterday... but it certainly looked the same. He wondered why he had all those leather jackets. After it, he just grabbed his keys and took off.

Once in his car, he put the address on his GPS and followed the directions. Even if he was still old-fashioned in some aspects, he was getting used to technology that made your life easy. Anyway, he still missed those good old times. As she told him to, he text her when he was about 10 minutes of getting there, according to the girl on his GPS. He was driving, so it was a quick "I'm about to arrive." Even though he wouldn't die on a car crash, he didn't want to keep her waiting if his car broke. Finally, he spotted a small "Welcome to Storybrook" sign. He just parked his car next to it and walked out, resting against his car.

Last edited:
@Zaira

With a bit of pep in her step, Ruby rushed home. She was actually excited for this date, albeit a little nervous. She didn't want it to end up like the one that the two of them had gone on yesterday. However, she tried to tell herself that wouldn't happen again. As long as her grandmother didn't find out and interfere, like she had last time, Ruby was certain there wouldn't be any other interferences. And if for some reason there were more interferences, she could rest easier knowing that there was no way they could be worse then they had been yesterday. Ruby just couldn't picture anything worse happening.

When she arrived home, she quickly picked out an outfit consisting of a maroon shirt, jeans, a pair of brown boots, and a hat. To top it off, she added a little jewelry. She tried to dress up decently for a date, but didn't want to go too over the top with her look either. After all, this was only their second attempt at a date.

5e7602c10618399b273203073fc43b3c.jpg

Once she had finished changing her clothes and putting on a little bit of makeup, Ruby left the house--while repeatedly looking to her cell phone to see if Thomas had texted her. She started to walk toward the town line. When she was about half-way there she realized she had a text from him saying he had arrived, so she picked up her pace until she spotted his car in the distance. She waved to him, unable to hold back a grin either. She was excited.

"So this must be the infamous old man car you told me about?" she teased, skidding to a stop in front of him.

Thomas smiled seeing her approaching and took a few steps to join her. It was great having her with him once again.

"This is it. A 67' Mustang, the car this old man always wanted back when he was young." told her with a smirk. It wasn't a great thing if you weren't into old cars, but he was kind of proud about it. "Anyway, don't worry about it being that old. I had enough time to rebuilt its engine into a better one, so its completely safe."

After it, he got a little closer to her and gently caressed her cheek. He then softly ran his hand through her arm, until reaching for her hand. Their last date, he didn't even get a chance to hold her hand, so he wasn't losing any more time. "So, what would you like to do? You can choose whatever you want, as long as we stay as far as possible from your grandmother." said amused, with a charming smile on his face.

Last edited:
@Zaira

Ruby smiled, walking around the car to admire it a little. "It's pretty nice for how old it is. It looks like you take good care of it. It looks pretty safe to me. I'd give it a rating of three and a half stars out of four," she said with a wink before walking back up to him. She then felt Thomas touch her cheek before running his hand down her arm. The touch distracted her, and she immediately felt warm inside. Her gaze united with his for a moment and she took his hand when he reached for it. She almost didn't even notice when he spoke to her again. She only caught the end of his sentence when he mentioned staying as far away from her grandmother as possible. From that alone she was able to put the rest together.

"Really? I was thinking about inviting Granny to go with us. We could walk through the town and look at some of the shops with her walking right in between us. Now wouldn't that be romantic?" she teased with a grin. "But all joking aside, walking around town might be fun. Either that or we could go bowling or rob a bank," she added at the end, joking again. She couldn't really help joking. Thomas was fun to be around.

He smiled amused hearing her rating his car. Having such a beautiful girl admiring his car was just perfect for him, and three and a half out of four was a pretty good number. Even if she might just be humoring him, he was glad she did.

Hearing her joke about her grandmother, he couldn't avoid to chuckle. "Don't even joke about it, because I get goosebumps. " teased her back. "I've already robbed a bank today, so I'd really prefer doing something different. And my vote would go for the walk. Not only that I want you to pay your debt, but it sounds awesome. I mean... It's full of people I always thought were characters, right?" told her amused. He was joking about most of it, but he was really excited about seeing the real version of those stories he had always heard. "You should introduce me to Prince charming, I'm sure there are many things I could learn from him." added, with an amused smile. At least on the stories, he was a clear representation of a perfect man. "But keep me away from Cinderella. I had a crush on her when I was, like, ten." continued and did his best to shut up. That was too much joking versus serious conversation for a date. Or wasn't? Well, he was kind of nervous after all.

@Zaira

Ruby nodded when Thomas stated his interest in a walk. However, when he mentioned walking around in her town, she felt uncertain for a moment. "You want to walk around here in StoryBrooke?" Ruby questioned, unsure if he was joking or not for a moment. Her granny was out again for the day, so there wasn't anything to worry about there, but what if someone saw her with Thomas and told her granny later? Maybe she was just worrying about nothing. Besides, she didn't really want to disappoint him if he was eager to see the town.

"Oh all right, but try to keep the flirting with Cinderella to a minimum. I might get jealous," she said with a smile. Ruby wasn't lying either. She probably would feel jealous if he did flirt with another girl while he was hanging out with her. "Just be warned my grandmother is gone from town for the day, but she'll probably be back by dark."

"Oh, I thought that's what you meant. You said 'town' and there aren't many towns around here." told her before making a brief pause. "We can go somewhere else if you'd prefer. Anyway, I'm totally over Cinderella, so I don't care if we don't see her. I'm into another fairy tale character right now. Once you get to know her, she is simply the best one. It's a shame her story had been changed and I didn't get to see it before." said to her with a smirk, as he slightly pressed her hand. He was being completely honest about it; of course it would be fun to walk through a town where those characters live, but he wouldn't care as long as he was with her. "So, what do you say, Little Red Riding Hood?"

@Zaira

Thomas' words brought a smile to her face. But to say so would be redundant since Ruby almost couldn't stop smiling when she was around him. His company was just that easy for her to enjoy. She wondered if her cheeks would end up aching from all her smiling by the end of a day hanging out with him. But honestly she didn't care if they did. It would be worth it.

"So many flattering words, Mr. Vampire. I think said fairytale character probably likes you as much as you like her. Just a hunch." She gave his hand a squeeze back. "I'll tell you what, StoryBrooke only really has one interesting store anyhow. We can walk into town and visit that store. Then afterwards we can leave town and go somewhere else. How does that sound?" she asked. The store she mentioned just so happened to be Mr. Gold's store. She didn't go in it often. Usually just when she had a magical problem that needed fixing.

Thomas smiled hearing her and faked a slight frown. "Are you sure? She is like, super famous. I don't think there is someone in the world that doesn't know her. So why being interested on an old fashioned vampire instead of someone more like Ashton Kutcher?" teased her. Well, he was old fashioned but still had a gps and knew Ashton Kutcher.

He gladly nodded with her suggestion. "That sounds perfect. Is it close enough to go walking?"​

@Zaira

Ruby shook her head and chuckled lightly when Thomas joked with her. "Ashton Kutcher, seriously? I think Taylor Laughtner is better than him--and not just because he plays a wolf in Twilight. But I'm sure she still likes you even more than that guy. I hear she really likes you so your chances are pretty good," she said with a wink. She swung his hand as she walked, trying to make him more comfortable. He seemed a little nervous and she hoped he wouldn't have to be today.

Nodding, Ruby tugged his hand and started to walk. "Yeah, it's not far from here. You like old things, right? So you might actually like this place. I has a lot of items from my world and antiques. Also, it has certain items with special properties. You'll see what I mean once we walk around inside. If the owner talks to you, don't let him make you nervous. Sometimes he can be a little intimidating, but he won't bother you." Not unless he had a reason to, that is... But she wasn't about to tell Thomas that and make him nervous. He had already gotten enough of that out of their first date.

Status
Not open for further replies.