Status
Not open for further replies.
He smiled when she said his chances were pretty high. It was great to hear that she was seriously into him. Of course, he knew it because she seemed really interested about seeing him, even if her grandmother wouldn't aprove it, but hearing it from her was just amazing. "It's nice to hear that. And I won't disappoint her. I'm definitely better than that wolf guy." told her with a smirk. It was really easy to joke around her and talk about anything, and it made him forget why was he nervous.

Thomas followed Ruby as she pulled him to start walking. "Sounds a really interesting store. Old stuff are my thing, and what I know about your world is amazing, so i'm sure I'll like it. Besides, I survived your granny, and I don't think the owner can be more intimidating than her." said with and amused expression. "Anyway, do I know him from any story?" asked, curious.

@Zaira

"You won't disappear? Promise?" Ruby asked teasingly, giving him another little smile. "Well, that's good to know. I've had pretty bad luck with dating so if you do manage to hang around for a while without disappearing, I'll be pretty happy about that." Deep down, Ruby wasn't sure if Thomas would last that long. The first man she had loved died and the second man she considered dating died also. Although Thomas seemed to be less likely to die than the other two--who had been entirely human--she was still a little nervous.

Ruby chuckled when Thomas stated how he didn't think the store owner could be scarier than her granny. "I actually agree with that. To me, at least, my granny can be more intimidating than the man who works there. Don't worry about him too much. If he bugs you I'll deal with him." She walked along, swinging his hand lightly. This was only their second date so maybe she should work on getting to know him a little more while they hung out. "Have you ever had any scary relatives like my granny?" she asked.

Thomas listened to her but couldn't smile about it. He didn't understand what she meant by disappearing... Was she really worried about him not wanting to see her anymore? It sounded as a tease, but there got to be something real about that. "Why would I ever disappear from you, Ruby?" said, frowning slightly, but realized it came out too serious. "Anyway, I cross my heart and I hope to die that I won't disappear. Not until you beg me to." added more playfully, with a smile.

The vampire wasn't worried about that man Ruby talked about. As she said, he was sure he would be able to handle it. He was actually more curious. Thomas took a moment to think about her question, because he wasn't used to think about his family on a regular basis. It was easier that way. "I've never met my grandparents, but my parents were pretty nice people. I also had... Have a small brother, but he looks more cute than intimidating. However, my father in law was the kind of man that took his gunshot out when my wife - girlfriend back then - introduced us. And I was still a human, so a gunshot wasn't something friendly." answered with a slightly smile. Strangely, those were good memories to him. "Well, I guess that's my type. Girls with scary relatives. " teased, looking to her from time to time, and taking his gaze back to the path after it. "What about you, someone besides your granny? "

@Zaira

After she teased him, Ruby realized Thomas didn't seem to take it that way. Could he sense that she really was worried about him disappearing? Maybe she wasn't good enough at hiding the fact she was worried. "Well things do happen, so I won't hold you to that promise. If for some reason dating between us didn't work out, I won't make you stay with me," she said with a wink. "But what I mean by disappearing is, well, you leaving in ways other than us just parting as friends." Like if he died. Ruby chuckled. "Sorry, this probably isn't a good conversation to be having during a date. This is only our first date so I doubt either one of use will be disappearing any time soon."

Ruby smiled hearing about Thomas and his relatives. It sounded like he had a pretty nice family when he was a human. She felt a little bad knowing that most of his family probably wasn't alive anymore, and if any of them were he'd probably outlive them. It must have been hard, but at least he still kept a smile on his face. "I guess you do like girls with scary relatives," she said with a chuckle. "But apparently that didn't scare you away from your wife or me." Her smile faded when he asked if she had any other family. "The only family I had other than my grandmother was my parents. I was an only child, at least I think. Otherwise my grandmother likely would have taken my siblings away from my parents too. When I was a small girl, my grandmother took me from them and told me they had died to protect me. Plus, she didn't want me to become like them. They were wolves who stuck very closely to their clan and they were bad people. Later, I found out that my father actually was dead, but my mother was still alive. She's... not alive anymore though... Because I--" She cut herself off and shook her head. "Never mind. She's just not alive anymore. It's just my granny and I."

Thomas was still unsure what she meant by disappearing. He didn't mean to swear her he would stay with her no matter what, because it was certainly their first date. But he wouldn't just disappear without any warning. Or maybe she was talking about death. Anyway, he wouldn't do neither. Unless her grandmother changed it, of course. He prefered to stop talking about that, as she said, and smiled. "Sounds as a good idea."

As he heard her answer, he noticed it would probably had been better to skip his question. Her expression suddenly changed and he hoped she wouldn't feel bad about it. When she finished, he made a comforting smile, trying to change her mood, and playfully squeezed her hand. "It's a great thing you have your granny, and I'm also glad she is that intimidating. I bet she did a great job protecting you."

He wasn't sure if she would like to share something else about her family, but he believed it would be a good idea to talk about something else. Maybe something to keep knowing her. Anyway, he made a brief stop before talking again. "So, Ruby, do you have any hobbies?"

@Zaira

"She did do a good job protecting me," Ruby admitted with a nod. "Sometimes she even did too well of a job protecting me. She didn't like when I made friends or took an interest in guys. It made me mad, but I realize now it was only because she was trying to protect me... from myself and from others who would find my wolf form to be a monster. At least I've mastered how to control it now."

When Thomas asked her about her hobbies, she thought to herself for a moment before replying. "I like sports. I used to play soccer when I was younger. But I still kind of like it. I also like cooking with Granny, but a lot of the time she makes me do the dishes too--which I don't like." She smiled. "But other than that, I love a lot of physical activities. Especially running when I'm in my wolf form. Camping occasionally too. Besides those things I like a lot of things that most modern people like. Such as movies, shopping, and other fun activities." She paused before asking, "What do you like to do?"

"See? She's not that bad after all. You can even see her as a filter. Only the ones that care about you for real would stick around after meeting her." told her before adding a playfull wink.

He listened carefully about what she liked. Even if she always talked about her wolf shape as some kind of curse, he couldn't stop thinking how great would be to have that ability, as long as you can control it. Running as a wolf sounded amazing. "I'm afraid to tell you that, even if I try to look as an awesome old fashioned vampire, my main actiities are to play Videogames and to watch movies and tv shows. More than I should." told her with a playfull smile. He spent a lot of time on his apartment, so he had a lot of time for indoor activities. Normally, he only left to feed or maybe take a jog. "Deep down I'm still a 21 years old without a significant social life. I like running, too. And physical activities, but i'm not really into sports that imply other people. I used to, but I'm faster and stronger than a regular human, so I should be measuring myself the whole time, which is annoying. I like cars too, and enjoy rebuilding old ones, just as mine."

@Zaira

Ruby chuckled when he tried to find the positive things about her grandmother. "I guess that's true. I think there are only two people who have ever passed that test," she said with a grin. "My best friend, Mary Margret or Snow White, and Peter. Despite how intimidating Granny was to them, they stuck around and were always there for me. But I guess now I can add a third person to the list as long as Granny doesn't scare you off in the future," she said with a smile.

Ruby thought over Thomas' hobbies with interest. "So you like running? We should go for a run sometime then. But you know what else we could do? We could always try something the other person likes. Snow used to do that when she was dating her husband. So maybe you could teach me about video games or cars for one date, and for another date we could do something I like such as a sport or maybe camping." Ruby hadn't gone camping in a while, but she loved it when she could.

He smiled back at her. Even if he meant it as a tease, it seemed that her granny was really a test. "I think I'll make it. I'm only considering getting rid of that crossbow with wooden arrows of her, but besides that, I'll be just fine." teased her. "Anyway, why did she have that with her on a restaurant? Does she seriously hunt vampire or was only bluffing?" asked her, not worried but curious. She did certainly know how to kill vampires and even talked about it, but it might be only a guess from all the myths about vampires that were around. Anyway, as long as she believed he was only human, he would be fine

Thomas sincerely believed her idea sounded fun. Teaching her about Videogames and cars was as amusing as playing sports and going camping with her. "Sounds as we already have plans for a couple of dates. So you better don't get bored of me too quickly. " said with a playfull smile.

@Zaira

Ruby paused thoughtfully when Thomas asked if her grandmother was bluffing about hunting vampires or not before shrugging. "I don't really know to be honest. Granny hasn't ever really talked about vampires before. I think she was bluffing, to be honest. But she's very old and wise so who knows if she has knowledge about vampires or not. As for the arrows, she's always told me that she makes wood arrows because it's cheaper than buying them. She carries them wherever she goes. And if you do intend to try and destroy Granny's crossbow, good luck. She practically sleeps with that thing at night. And if you did manage to get it away from her, she would probably just make a new one. Don't underestimate her," Ruby said with a laugh.

It made Ruby happy that Thomas seemed to like the ideas she had for a few dates. "I might be more likely to bore you," she replied with a grin. "After you see how bad I am at video games you'll probably get so bored you'll fall asleep," she teased. Well, if vampires could sleep, that is. She couldn't remember if she had asked Thomas about that or not.

After a few minutes of walking, the two made it further into town. Ruby could see that Mr. Gold's shop was only a short distance away now. "There it is," she pointed out. "That's the shop I was going to show you."

Thomas laughed with her when she talked about her grandmother. "Got it. I won't get anywhere near her crossbow and I'll act as human as I can. And that way, I may survive your granny." stated playfully. He slightly chuckled with her other comment. "I hope you are bad. I'll be able to teach you that way, and I'll have something to win against you." added and glanced at her with a smile.

The vampire was looking around with interest. Storybrook certainly looked as a normal town, but he was still alert in case some faerie flying around appeared. When Ruby pointed the store, he approached and looked at it from the outside. It seemed to be full of old and strange stuff. "Looks interesting... what are we waiting for?" said as he gently let her hand go, only to open the door for her.

@Zaira

"Yeah, don't worry. I've survived with my granny for my entire life. I'll be able to tell you all the tips and tricks it takes to survive her," Ruby told him with a wink. "But what if I'm really not that bad at video games? What if I'm just saying that so you’ll go easy on me and I’ll beat you? I might be a skilled hustler and you don’t even know it,” Ruby teased with a chuckle. Of course, she wasn’t tricking Thomas about that. In her fake memories given to her by the curse, Ruby had been pretty girly and wasn’t the type to play games. That didn’t mean she wasn’t willing to give them a try now though.

Thomas seemed to be quite interested when the two of them arrived into town. As they walked up to Mr. Gold’s shop, she walked in first when he held the door open for her. “Welcome to the most magical shop in StoryBrooke,” she said, waiting for him to walk in behind her. “This is a collection of a lot of magical items people have owned or sold in the past. It’s a pawn shop.” She looked around, not spotting the owner at first. He was probably working in the back. She walked over to a set of old candles. “Do you ever smell candles and try to guess what scent they are? I like do do that sometimes when I come in here,” she told him.

He smiled with her comment about her grandmother. Maybe he could really use some tips, not for surviving her, but maybe to do something so that she would accept him. "Please, don't be better than me on video games. That would definitely destroy me. You can let me win in something at least..." teased him. After it, he followed her inside the store, looking around.

The place was as interesting as it looked from outside. There were many odd things that he wanted to know if they had some magic property and which one it was, but he guessed it would be better to stop himself from touching them. "It's amazing." said as she made the presentation. Actually, it wouldn't look special at all if he didn't know many of those items were magical, but he still found it great. Thomas smiled when she talked about the candles. He had never done that, but he always loved those small suggestions she used to give. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath to be filled with the scent of the store. "I've never done it before, so I'm probably not good at it. But... I smell some cinnamon. Maybe mixed with... clove buds?" said, trying to separate the candles from the other hundreds of things with different scents.

@Zaira

When Thomas seemed to hope he truly was better than her at video games, Ruby chuckled. "We'll just see about that, now won't we? But, honestly, you're already doing pretty good in some areas. I don't think it would completely destroy you. You've still got your looks, sense of humor, and, well, me. That's something, right?" She smiled and gave him a pat on the arm, continuing to look around the store after she spoke.

She walked over to sniff some of the candles she pointed out before. "Really? You've never sniffed candles and tried to guess the scent? I used to do it even back when I lived in The Enchanted Forest. On rare occasions, my granny would let me go to the market in town to pick up some things for her and I used to go inside the candle-maker's shop occasionally." She sniffed the one Thomas had tried and paused to think about it for a moment. "It smells like a pine tree to me."

Before she could say anything else, Ruby could hear faint footsteps approaching them. "You know, those candles smell better when they're lit."

Ruby lifted her head to see Mr. Gold from behind the counter. He held up a small pack of matches before tossing it over to her. Ruby picked it up, unsure if she really wanted to light any of the candles or not. "Thanks."

"I see you brought a friend," he said, glancing over at Thomas with an amused smirk on his lips. "Sorry, you won't find any blood-scented candles to appease your kind, I'm afraid," Mr. Gold said to him. The old man was probably the most witty person in all of town. He knew just by looking at him that Thomas was a vampire.

Thomas smiled at her, a smile that widened while he heard he had her. "I'm glad to hear that. At least I'd be able to cry on your shoulder if you beat me. And yeah, I certainly am incredibly good looking. But then again, I also have my modesty." added with amusement. As she approached to sniff the candles, he followed her, interested on her memories about the Enchanted Forest. After she did, he copied her and sniffed them too, thinking it did seem to be from pine. The whole thing about smelling candles was starting to amuse him a little, but it probably was because of her.

As the shop's owner appear behind the counter, he quickly took his attention to him. That man was simply... odd. There was something about him that made him a little uncomfortable... maybe on the way he talked. And that was before he made a statement of him being a vampire, which increased his discomfort. Having strangers knowing about him was never a good thing, because even if he had never met one, he knew about the existence of hunters, and he really wanted to keep them away. But, well, that town was indeed full of magical creatures, so it shouldn't be a problem, right? "I'm glad you don't. Blood is great to taste, not to smell. A candle like that would only make my kind thirstier, so pine is fine." answered keeping his gaze on him, wondering if that man was completely human.

@Zaira

Ruby raised an eyebrow and shot Thomas a teasing smile after he spoke. "First you call yourself incredibly good looking and then you go and say you have your modesty. I think you're a little confused, my friend," she replied, the smile returning to her lips for just a moment. The smile quickly faded, however, when Mr. Gold spoke again.

"Indeed. Blood candles actually used to be used my vampire hunters a long time ago to help capture them. Of course, that's not why I have one here. I only have a collection of items here I'm selling at the moment," the older man said. "Anything you're looking for in particular?" he asked Thomas.

Trying to ignore Mr. Gold, Ruby continued to look around the store. She walked around, actually bumping into someone without noticing. "I'm sorry-- Oh, Dr. Whale..."

The man grinned when he spotted Ruby, seeming glad to see her. "Oh, hey, Ruby! Long time no see!"

Thomas chuckled with her comment about being confused. He was obviously joking, and was looking to create a reaction similar on her, but his amusement also faded with the store's owner. The mention of vampires hunters using them did make him a little nervous, even if he didn't fear that man at all. But he seemed to be trying to intimidate him in some way, but he still didn't look threatening. Anyway, he definitely disliked him.

"Not really, but thank you anyway. We were just looking around." said. He was actually curious about some stuff around, but he would prefer to ask Ruby instead of that man. Thomas then turned his attention to Ruby, who seemed to meet someone she knew. It didn't surprise him, though, because on a small town as that one, she would probably know everyone.

@Zaira //ooc: Sorry for the late reply! I explained my reasoning behind it in my journal. XD

"It has been a long time. You look a lot better now than you did after all of the chaos that the hospital went down," Ruby replied to Dr. Whale, finding his appearance a good excuse to get out of speaking with Mr. Gold any further. She thought it nice that Thomas was actually polite enough to respond to the man, but Ruby always felt more comfortable with simply ignoring him. It didn't always work, but she liked to do it as often as she could.

The eerie store owner smirked at Thomas' reaction to his question and took a step back from the counter, tapping his cane on the floor as he did. "Very well; if you need me I'll be off dusting some of the items in the back room. I can tell when young couples don't want me around, but let me know if you change your mind," he told Thomas, "because I actually have a few items from vampire lore. You might be able to learn more about your own history here."

Dr. Whale glanced to the store owner with a frown, hearing what he said about Thomas and Ruby being referred to as a couple. "Couple? You have a boyfriend, Ruby?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ruby glanced to Thomas after the doctor asked her that question, almost uncertain. "Yeah, we're dating," she finally said after a moment. Her voice sounded hesitant though. She was certain Thomas would back her up about the idea, but she just wanted to make sure. She was also a little nervous about the word getting out that she had a boyfriend so soon in a small town; the rumors would travel fast to her grandmother. But still, she couldn't hide it forever. It wouldn't be fair.

What the man said piqued his curiosity. What would he have about vampires? What could he offer him about his specie? After all, even if he had been a vampire for many years, he didn't know much about their history. There weren't many books that talked about it. Well, actually there were, but he couldn't tell which ones were merely crap and which ones had something real. Anyway, as much as he would like to hear about that, he preferred to stay away from that man, and close to Ruby.

Hearing what she talked with that 'Dr. whale', he found himself a little nervous before hearing her answer. He had no idea if she was his girlfriend, even though he'd liked that, and didn't exactly know how those relationship status were managed those days. Either way, he liked her answer, and relaxed once again. Smiling, he joined her, standing at her side. "That's right." just said, realizing she was looking a little uncertain. Thomas extended a hand toward the man she had been talking to. "I'm Thomas, Thomas Ranger." said, trying to be polite towards the stranger, in case he was some kind of friend to her.

@Zaira //I had our thread opened again and am gonna start posting again. :)

Dr. Whale went quiet after hearing Ruby tell him she was dating Thomas and after hearing the man's introduction. He wrinkled his nose, giving Thomas a disapproving stare. When he finally spoke, his voice came out a little sarcastic. "Oh, well thanks for telling me. It'd would've been nice to know that a little sooner," he said with a huff. Surprisingly, he pushed Thomas' hand away, and brushed past him to head for the door. Touching Thomas turned out to be enough of a nudge to cause him to bump into a shelf right next to him. The shelf rocked, causing several glass items that had been sitting on top of it to fall to the ground and break.

Ruby gasped and stepped back, glancing in Dr. Whale's direction, but the man had already gone. Why in the world had he gotten so upset!? She didn't understand it one bit. Nevertheless, the fact he had gotten upset caused quite a few glass objects to break. Ruby doubted that Mr. Gold was going to be very thrilled when he saw it either. "Uh, I'm sorry, Thomas. We can just explain to Mr. Gold that it was an accident. He should be pretty forgiving... I think." Honestly, Ruby doubted it, but she didn't want to make Thomas feel bad or nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.