City of Kadarvez

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amie stopped behind Ariez. "Hm? Gone?" She closed her eyes and listened. The music was gone... "Oh, I see... It's stopped now." She took another moment to jot down the mention of the music and it's strange effect on her. "Do you want to go now? It may be making us nervous to stay here..."

"Sure. Uh, yeah. Okay." She shook her head to put her mind back on track. She turned and took a deep breath. "This way." She started towards the coffee shop down the road. She didn't usually drink coffee, but they had some great iced tea that she drank. She didn't walk fast, but she didn't walk slow either.

Amie followed her closely to the shop. She was quite interested the whole idea of it due to her lack of outside experiences. She let her eyes wander to the other shops as they walked. The day had been beyond normal but she didn't really want to think about those things anymore. Amie was glad to be somewhere else now, walking the street to go hang out.

Andrew was at the little coffee shop the two girls were heading too, this time he made sure his pack was secured so no other incidents would happen. Reguardless his bag was leaning next to the booth he was sitting at while he looked down at his coffee. As he starred at the dark liquid inside he seemed to be lost in thought. Really he was socked at how close he had come to losing his dream job. Was it still his dream job now? He wanted to protect those in this city, like the guardians did so long ago... But did they deserve it? Quickly he shook his head and imagined something his instructor might say 'Only a traitor would ask himself that. Get your head out of you a** and back on your shoulders. You have a job to do solder.' his mind put the words in his instructors grumbly old irritated man voice. "Keep my head on my shoulders and my eyes forward." he mumbled as he took a sip of his drink. No point in pouting. Their is no place in revenge that he would want to be. The teacher was only one person in this city, others still exist.

Areiz held her hand out as they reached the door. "Hmm.." She found the handle and held it open. "This way Amie." She said, half smiling. She was proud she made her way so easily this time, but she was also a little nervous on what the waiter, Jack, would say. Her head was bowed again and her cap pulled low, as always until earlier.

Amie followed her friend all the way to the shop, not once doubting her direction. She had no idea where she was going anyhow. Ariez was confident enough so why worry? She paused behind her guide as she opened the door. "I'm right behind you," she said as she followed her inside. The smell of coffee beans and chocolate floated around her. Amie took a deep breath and sighed aloud. "It smells wonderful in here."

Last edited by a moderator:
Areiz nodded and walked slowly over to the counter. "Regular for me." She spoke to the waiter. "Amie. What would you like?"

Amie sat beside her at the counter. "F-For me? Umm..." She looked over the menu nervously, not sure what was coffee or just a nice chocolate drink. "You know better than I do. What's a drink that isn't coffee but tastes good? It kind of all looks the same to me...."

"Their tea is good, so is there milkshake. Umm..and the fruit twists are okay, not my favorite though. I must say, they do have pretty good hot chocolate too." She wasn't even reading the menu, she was reciting from past experiments. "So, yeah." The waiter brought over her tea and Areiz took a sip. "Thank you." Areiz said. The water nodded and turned to greet another customer.

Amie listened as she looked back over the menu. Everything sounded so nice and the pictures they had were so pretty. She found the milkshake on the menu and looked it over a few times. "I don't think I've ever had a milkshake before. The picture looks really nice though. Can I get a milkshake?" Amie looked at the waiter curiously.

The waiter nodded. "Chocolate or Vanilla?" His voice was deep and gravelly.
Areiz smiled at Amie's choice. "It's always nice to experiment."

Amie tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Vanilla, I guess." She shrugged. It was all very new to her, this cafe experience. She had gone out with her parents before... but cafes were not usually the places they visited often. The atmosphere was very calm and social, so she was a little uncomfortable.

(Whoa, really sorry, didn't see any alerts....hehe...)

Kuro Chi led the group towards the mansion and stopped just outside its old, iron gates. "I'm going to open a portal to our base of operations," She said quietly, without turning towards them, "We will live there and always return there until further notice. Do try not to break anything." She mentally called for the healer to come outside. She couldn't open it with him inside.

Violet nodded. "Yes ma'am."

The waiter nodded and brought back a vanilla milkshake. "There you go." Areiz gave him the money. "On me, Amie."

She looked at the other girl with wide eyes. "Are you sure? R-Really?" Amie smiled at her, her face almost glowing with warmth. "Thank you Ariez... You've been so nice to me today." She looked back to the bar and her milkshake. She took a sip through the straw and gasped. "Oh, wow, its tastes really good! It's sweet.. I like it." Amie took another sip and sighed happily.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Don't be so formal," Kuro murmured, watching the mansion door, "We will be family from now on."

"Anything for a friend." Areiz said, sipping from her tea. "Glad you like it."

Violet nodded. "Okay, sorry." Sje shifted her center of balance.

Sable smiled slyly. "Just like family, huh? Then a few nuts and quirks would be just fine." I'm quite interested to see how we all manage to coexist. "Then that makes you my little sister." She smiled down at Violet.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Amie drank her milkshake thankfully. Ariez was a very nice person. She had her own disability but it didn't stop her from showing such kindness to Amie and that meant a lot to her. She would take extra measures to remember her the next day. Somehow...

Violet rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "I guess that does." She didn't like being younger then anyone, but for the sake of refraining from a fight, which she almost never did, she didn't say anything else.

When Areiz finished her tea she slid the cup back on the counter and the waiter took it. He looked about to say something, but hesitated and walked away. Areiz turned her back on the counter.

Amie was glad to have such a wonderful thing a a milkshake and wanted to take her time finishing it, but Ariez had already finished. "Are you ready to go now?" She looked at the other girl quizzically. "I'll just hurry up and finish..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A smile came to Sable's lips as she looked on the younger female. "If you don't want me to call you that then please do say so. We're family now and I would only want the most comfort between us. Maybe some bonding is in order?" She looked back to the building in front of them, satisfied with the slight tension she had created.

Status
Not open for further replies.