City of Kadarvez

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sable looked up when the imp flew overhead. She tilted her umbrella further back to see it. "Ah... It seems someone was delayed." Another full demon, thank goodness. It would have been fairly difficult for a half demon to tame an imp to the extent that it could carry messages and return. It's not that I have anything against the half-demons, but having more full bloods make me much more comfortable when it comes time to make our move. She looked over at the school building where the imp rested. The sudden appearance of an inhuman aura caught her attention. She looked to the girl sitting at a bench. Ahh~ So here's our little guardian...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amie watched her leave until it occurred to her that she would not remember her tomorrow. She raced after the other girl. It didn't feel right just letting her go like that. Sure Amie had written a physical description but what if it wasn't enough? She did stop herself before she called out to her. There had to be a way... She would remember her tomorrow. Maybe. Maybe she would "sense" her or something like that. Amie shook her head. She obviously read too many books when she was younger. "Hey, wait, Ariez!" She caught up to her and asked for her phone number. "It looks weird, I know, but I feel like we can't split up without at least exchanging someway to communicate." She took out her little notebook again to write down the number.

Arzen Noticed the pair of girls from earlier that thay were having some sort of meeting nearby the school exit. He thought they may have some sort of information. Something he didn't know, a name, perhaps. He approached the girls slowly, walking betweel the multitude of young children trying to get to their homes after a day of studying, or something else, he didn't know exactly what. When he was close enough, he said, trying to not scare them or something. "Um... I hope I'm not interrupting something..." He said, sort of nervous, since he didn't know if the shadows, or whatever attacked them was nearby.

Areiz paused as Amie came up. "Oh, number? (937)564-2203." She said. Then she heard Arzen approach and a sear went down her back. She listened closely, but couldn't find out where it came from. She showed no sign of interest otherthan she had stopped fidgeting. "I don't think you're inturrupting." Areiz said, subconcsiously answering the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amie jot down the number quickly then put her notebook into a small pocket on the side of her backpack. She looked back to see the guy from earlier walking up to them. When he said he hoped he wasn't interrupting she shook her head. "No, you're fine. Do you need something?" Now that they had once again met and were talking, Amie felt just a little more comfortable around him.

"Oh, nothing. I... I just wanted to know if you knew remember anything I should know about the... incident." Arzen asked politely, trying to not sound suspicious. "Any little bit of information helps to keep you and the rest of the institute safe." The school exit was less full of people. Such thing made feel the young man more calm, but at the same time more aware of his surrondings. "In any case, I need you to be careful. If you ever need help, this is my telephone number. Or call the school, in any case".

Areiz listened carefully to him. "Uhh..well, you know the shadow's myth?" She asked quietly, hoping he would understand. It would feel nice to tell someone outside of the legend..someone who might be able to help, but then again she didn't want to get them in trouble.

"Yes... I'm familiar with the myth. I even heard the girl saying something about her being a one. But... what does this has to do with you?" Arzen was confused. Is the myth... true? Even if it is, why is the school... them, involved in it? It just didn't make any sense. Apparently, for what he did earlier, he was now involveed in it somehow, too. But there were many questions that needed to be answered. This was a good start.

"What is the whole myth?" she asked him, wanting to know exactly how much he knew before answering. "There's more to it than just the demons." She shifted a little, but she was still facing the ground, her senses casted outwards, trying to shake the feeling of danger.

"I... I only know that shadows are supposed to take over the world. But it's only a legend, after all." Arzen said Areiz, but he was talking to himself as well, in a foolish attempt to recomfort his mind. "That was probably an attack from an anarchist gang. Religious fanatics that try to terrorize the people from our city, nothing more..." He affirmed, barely believing it himself. "...right?"

Areiz waited a minute before shaking her head. "It's..true, but you're missing half of the story." She said softly. "The Shadows took over as soon as the City of Kadarvez, aka the City of Guardians, fell. They caused misery and pain in people..until..the four new guardians arose..to..re-open the City of the Guardians and drive the Shadows away again." she stopped, slipping her hands in her pockets uncomfortably.

Arzen shivered. "And why does that involve you..?" He asked, even when he already imagined the answer. It was quite obvious, if you thought about it for a minute. It was still hard to digest. Something of that magnitude just happened in school and he just managed it like it was something so... mundane. So simple. He now realized the severity of his actions. He was maybe condemned to die in the hands of that girl-shaped demon, just because he tried to do his job. He freaked out for a second as he thought about it, but then he calmed. He still was the adult, after all. He had to be an example.

"I..I think we're the guardians.." She said quietly, and half-fearfully. "I..I could tell when she entered the room..I could sense the danger, even though I couldn't..I couldn't even see her." She stopped talking for several minutes, but then started again, realizing she was probably scaring the guy. "The Guardians will not let the one who helped them get hurt." She said with a little more courage than she really felt.

Arzen already saw that comming, but he was hoping it would not happen. He suddenly just wanted to negate the reality he lived in now. It's... it's funny how just a couple of words can change your perspective, your whole world... forever. He thought this just before collapsing. He fell in the floor, sitting down. His mind needed to process the fact that he didn't live in the same existential level anymore. Even though he didn't really do anything to do so, he now entered in this new game. And there was no way out. No matter what he did, even if this whole... 'legend' ends, his life just won't be the same anymore. The couple of minutes he spent sitting down felt like an eternity. He finally stood up with the only power of will he had left, and said. "What is going to happen now?"

Areiz stood up as he collapsed. She knew he was thinking, but if he showed any signs otherwise, she'd be getting him off the ground. When he stood back up, she relaxed a little, but she didn't know how to answer his question. "I-I don't know. We don't have a leader." She said. "We have our healer, our seer, and our warrior..but our leader has not been..discovered." She said. She'd sorted all this out in her head by the fishtank, the sound of the water calming her racing thoughts.

Amie had taken down his number and listened to the conversation, not really sure of much herself so she couldn't really answer his questions. She sat down on the bench beside Ariez. It felt weird, this whole thing was just weird. She had remembered the stories her mother told her when she was little, but them coming about now? Why her? Why any of this? Amie looked up suddenly when Arzen collapsed and Ariez stood. He had this expression on his face that she couldn't place. Maybe it was the same as she was feeling: as if she'd stepped into something that she should not have and could not get out of.

Hai had been fighting with pako ad in this he found out somethings thigs his mom hadnt told him .... but he thought it could be a lie... the bell rung and haai was punched to the ground... pako spun upwards and a puff of black smoke appeareed and he was gone.. i stood up dusting myself off i walked out the room and walked past ariez amie and the security guard from earlier.. i head to the front and sit on the steps.

after punching the kd i heard.. well awknowledged the call from the leader and left. i appeared at her side.. this wasnt our first meet once upon a time we met in the underworld durin role call. this is when he assigns full Demons their assignmets .. once at her side"hey it took you ong enough to call us" i give a small smile then quickly coverit up with blank expression showing seriousnes i look around seeing everything as it unfolds

Andrew made it to the school to late... again. He sighed and crossed his arms, now only a couple of students and some one that might be a science teacher were in the front as well as someone who was just leaving the door. "Great..." He mummered to himself. He already knew his instructor was not going to like this. You see in the morning he goes to a government military training ground where he goes threw rigorous training so that when he graduates he can join the military and hopefully by his second year of serving get to be a spec ops. The end of the day he goes to school considering he is still a high school student and learns the core classes, English, Science, Math, and Social studies. He frowned a little, maybe he could find the teachers and get some assignments?

Carefully he tightened his pack so the clanking of his gear wouldn't make anyone unsettled and made his way across the street to the school. He had no idea what had happened a little earlier, or that he might make the four still their unsettled with his presence. In fact he didn't even think he knew any of them standing outside the school, it wasn't that he was new its just his training kept him from meeting new faces... His appearance didn't help either. He was covered in a thin layer of dried mud that wasn't thick enough to flake off, he had an old raggedy shirt on and large combat boots as well. Actually one time he was mistaken for a hobo...

Areiz heard someone approaching. "Who's that?" She asked Amie, referring to the newcomer.

Amie looked at the boy as he walked by. "I don't know..." If she hadn't seen him that day or any day before, seeing as his features had not been mentioned in any notes, she wouldn't have known him. "He looks a little dirty but I think he goes to this school. He's going inside it seems."

Areiz nodded. "Okay. He seems.. Worried." She said, feeling the emotion rolling off in strange waves. "I don't know, nevermind." She stepped back a little to relax her nerves, which where haywire because of the nearby Shadow soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.