Child's Play [Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo!! That does sound pretty fun! Would there much time for character interaction?

It depends on when and who you meet, because that game starts wherever your character is in the real world, and you have to seek out the other players.

Jessica "Jessie" Ladetto, violet
Sex: Female
Appearance:
B7mrXTBCAAAsz_C.png:large
Jessie has a small frame, standing in at about 5'0, and weighing around 95 pounds. Having what some would describe as a baby face, she is certainly not the type of thirteen year old that is mistaken for older than she is, but rather the opposite - having had people guess she was closer to eleven multiple times. It doesn't help that she got her teeth in more on the later side, and has only just lost the very last of her baby teeth, leaving her with a gap where it used to be. She has a sprinkling of freckles across her light skin, and her ears stick out ever so slightly. She has thick wavy hair that reaches down past the middle of her back. Naturally a light brown in color, her hair has faded blue, purple, and pink streaks throughout it. She has large eyes, and are a greyish-green in color with silver specks throughout - almost identical to her brother's. (Again, eyes are different than the picture)

Personality: What many people would describe as a wild child, Jessie is incredibly different from her older brother. Very loud and energetic, she always seems to be chattering away and jumping around, as if she has an inability to sit still or be quiet. She doesn't censor anything she says, which often makes her come across as rude. She doesn't like being bossed around, and can get very indignant when others try to do so. Showing a very impulsive nature, she'll often rush into things without much thought. She is relatively intelligent however, and when she does pause to actually think about what she's doing she can usually come up with some pretty good ideas. Attributing to her impulsiveness, she is brave to a fault, tending to worry little about her own welfare. She tends to be very stubborn, and to have an aggressive attitude. She does show a considerable amount of anger towards the world; Due to this, and her outspoken attitude about her emotions, she is at time prone to violent outbursts. (She's difficult to describe. I know she sort of sounds like a sporadic little brat, and she sort of is to an extent, but she's not that bad.... always... xD)

Biography: Jessie was born to a lower-class family living in a small apartment located in New York. Much of who she is today was shaped by the experiences she had living there.

Her mother was a manipulative paranoid woman, who relied more heavily on the children then she allowed them to rely on her. From an early age, she tried to instill fear into them, often ranting on about all the horrible things that would happen if they so much as left the house or attempted to 'abandon' her. She constantly doubted that they loved her, and would switch back and force between hysterical sobbing and angry screaming if they so much as expressed a negative emotion or tried to leave the house for any reason other than school. This is much of the reason why Jessie is so loud and open about her emotions. While it caused her brother to hide his feelings, she became more forceful about making hers known, in an attempt to try and get through to her mother. Though this only made her mother more upset with her, she was too stubborn to simply appease her, and gradually grew more and more angry with the lack of recognition she received.

Her father was a drug addict, a liar, and a bum. He did little to contribute to the family. Though he worked, he kept much of the money he made for himself, often refusing to even give enough for groceries for the week. Rarely at home, when he did show up he did little but make the situation worse. Rather than doing the laundry, cooking for the children, or attempting to help keep their mother calm, all he ever had to give was harsh words and criticism. This left both Jessie, her older brother Gabriel, and their mother more upset than before after his visits. Having grown so used to being neglected and hurt by adults, she quickly came to resent them, and in time anyone who tried to tell her what to do. She began getting into fights and causing trouble, as she both enjoyed the attention and the release of anger it brought her. With no real role models to look to, she quickly became impulsive and reckless. That was what everyone else did, after all, so why shouldn't she?

Her older brother Gabriel reacted quite differently than she did to the bad home situation. Instead of becoming impulsive and reckless, he grew to be very reserved and calculating. Still, they had a very good relationship. She adored her older brother, and while she acted like she didn't need anybody, she grew to rely quite heavily on him. She couldn't stand the idea of having him far from her, and would drag him just about anywhere she went. She constantly encouraged him to get into trouble with her, whether that was through skipping school, theft, or vandalism. Though he did try to keep her from going too crazy, for the most part he didn't seem to object to her reckless behavior, which only made her more convinced that it was okay.

Skills: Brave, Agile, Quick-thinking, high pain tolerance, carpentry (she has weird hobbies), stealth (when she shuts up long enough), lying, high stamina

Weaknesses: Impulsive, disrespectful towards authority, has difficulty controlling her emotions, physically weak (she is a 13 year old little girl, after all), impatient

Likes: Animals, spray paint, fire, causing trouble, her brother, bright colors, hair dye, storms, music, staying out late, sleeping in, closets, movies

Dislikes: School, bossy people/being told what to do, being lied to, being away from her brother for too long, basements, grapes (she just wants to know why people will even eat something so gross!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so now I just need to fill in Gabriel's and Jessie's background and I'll be done with all my participants!

But uh, anyways, question time!
I was thinking of making a god, and if I did so I would want Eion. (I already got a personality and backstory made up)
But uh, my question...
I had a few ideas for powers, but wasn't sure which ones would be okay and which one I should use if they were okay.

- Telekinesis (The ability to move things with your mind, it wouldn't be incredibly strong or something... like... the participants couldn't go picking up other people, but it would be able to move many smaller things)

- Sonar (Pretty self explanatory, they'd basically be able to tell where nearby people/things were, though they wouldn't be able to tell exactly what said items were as I don't want them to be too powerful or something)

- Illusion manipulation (they'd be able to create, well, illusions. So... let's say Jessie wanted to distract someone yes I know Jessie couldn't be on my team, it's just an example, If she wanted, she could make the illusion of a cat and have it run past them.)

- Putting ideas into someone else's head (I haven't figured out a fancy name for this yet, I'm sure there is one though. But um... they wouldn't be able to control anyone's mind or something like that... they could simply put thoughts into it. So, that would enable to talk amongst themselves without speaking, and would also be a way to try and manipulate others into doing what they wanted because they could put the thoughts into their heads.)

But um, yeah, that's all the cool ideas I came up for that I thought would relate well to the god of mind. Let me know if any of these are okay, or what~

@Lucian, Cwolf seems to want a god character, and I have another on reserve, so there are presently 5 participant roles, of which you can have up to 3.~

@Cwolf0615, those ideas sound awesome. ^-^ I'd say make it a choice between Telekinesis, Sonar, or the last one. For the last one, might I suggest long distance communication via telepathy? Just a suggestion, as they won't be able to use cellphones. Your pick. :3

Alright, cool! I think I'll go with the last one, it's my favorite and I think it would be the most fun and useful for characters in the RP. I'll probably just call it plain old "Telepathic communication".

Sounds good. ^o^ As soon as I okay your god CS, you can join the group. :3

@Lucian, Cwolf seems to want a god character, and I have another on reserve, so there are presently 5 participant roles, of which you can have up to 3.~

@Cwolf0615, those ideas sound awesome. ^-^ I'd say make it a choice between Telekinesis, Sonar, or the last one. For the last one, might I suggest long distance communication via telepathy? Just a suggestion, as they won't be able to use cellphones. Your pick. :3

Participant Roles? If you could PM me the roles and possible your most needed for story development that would be awesome

Did you read the very first post? The participants are basically the humans that the gods use as "pieces" in games (such as Chess). As for what's most needed for story development, we need 16 participants. We have 5 spots left, and you can make up to three participant characters. That will bring us down to only needing more participants. Of course, you should only make as many characters as you feel comfortable playing.

Reactions: Lucian
Did you read the very first post? The participants are basically the humans that the gods use as "pieces" in games (such as Chess). As for what's most needed for story development, we need 16 participants. We have 5 spots left, and you can make up to three participant characters. That will bring us down to only needing more participants. Of course, you should only make as many characters as you feel comfortable playing.

Awesome, will make a character sheet now

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Okay! I finished Gabriel's and Jessie's bios! Their backgrounds have been added!
They're written largely the same (as they grew up together), and the descriptions of their mother and father are identical. The only real difference is the last paragraph (about their relationship with their sibling), and half of the mother and father paragraphs (where I describe how it affected them).

I'll have my god bio up shortly.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Hai, hai.~ ^-^

Full Name: Zac Masato
Sex: M
Appearance:
Random_White_Hair_Guy_by_30_Two.jpg

-Height: 6'3 -Weight: 73kg - Build: Slim Yet Muscular
Personality: Zac is only 16 so he still retains much of what a typical teenage boy would have as a personality. Hes smart yet stupid in terms of common sense having history of breaking bones from simply pranking people, having a awesome sense of humor he practically finds anything funny. He loves girls, attempting to be a modern romeo with girls of all types....mostly he fails however.

Yet under all of this you will never find a more passionate or caring person, he will be a hero when hes needed to, he is loyal as a well fed dog and can be trusted without reproach
Biography: His years under 8 are a haze to him, mostly filled with bullies and self blame made his memory seem tampered with however it was his own doing, as he grew battling with depression and stress causing his hair to go white like fresh snow he finally realised who he was, his own person.

At the age of four his father left him and his mother for alcohol and he blamed himself for that until the age of 13, he stopped after realising that his mother was all he needed which made him learn that abandonment was no game. His school years were ful of bullies and being pushed around as he endured and endured the laws of school. Reaching highschool is when he really started to become his own man, learning the wrongs and rights of life, earning trust from family and friends and making bonds to last a life time he realised there is nothing he wouldnt do for his friends.

At home however was a different him entirely. Showing no signs of emotion or such to his parents growing up lead him.to be silent at home. Only speaking when spoken to for fear of sounding stupid or something. His step father and mother pushing him to be the best he can but always annoyed when he didnt believe in himself.

Now heading for University he wil do all he can for himself and his friends.
Skills: Speed, Zac is tall but agile most of the time, Handling, give him anything and he can handle it without a doubt. Charisma, no matter if its a angry guard or a sad girl he will always attempt to sound his best and bring people to his side of life with smiles and laughter, Speaking, Zac is quite pursuasive when he wants to
Weakness: Fear of making mistakes, Abandonment, Easily Stressed, Overly passionate leading to short temper. Anxiety and finally His height can make for an easy target
Dislikes: Idiots, Heights, Poor Humor, cocky people

(If possible to have this both a Participant and Real Life Character then that but if not then just Participant cheers)

Reactions: Cwolf0615
Sorry for poor formatting im on my phone so its difficult, im much better on PC i sware haha O.O

Eion - God of mind, indigo
Ability:
Telepathic communication - Participants on Eion's team are given this ability. It allows them to put their own thoughts into someone else's head. This is most often used amongst themselves, as it allows them to communicate silently from long distances. At times, however, they may choose to send thoughts into a non-teammates mind. Possibly as an attempt to manipulate, upset, or simply distract others. This can of course not control the person's mind, but simply give them the thought. (For instance, I could send a thought into your mind that said "Pizza is delicious!", this will cause you to think that, but if you did not like pizza to begin with it will change nothing.)

When a thought is sent, it is heard differently than your normal thoughts are. If you didn't know what was going on you might attribute it to losing your sanity, as that is largely what it feels like. However, the voice the thoughts are heard in is generic - in other words, no matter who is sending the thought it is heard in the same voice, it is not heard in the sender's voice. Because of this, it is usually best the sender gives their name if they are speaking to another teammate. (For example, instead of saying "Hey, meet me at the house!" You would say "Hey, this is Chloe, meet me at the house!")

A sender can only send a thought out to one person at a time. There is no time limit in between sending thoughts, so as soon as they finish sending one they could send another, whether it is to the same person they just sent a thought to or another person entirely. They cannot, however, send a 'mass thought', if you would. So, while they can send a thought to their entire group one by one, they can not send the same thought to everyone at the same exact time.

Personality: As would be expected from the god of mind, Eion is very thoughtful and intelligent. While many would consider this a good thing, it causes Eion quite a bit of displeasure. Having an infinite knowledge of the universe is tough, no one ever seems to match your intellect. Because of this, Eion tends to view everyone as lesser than themselves. While they are not mean, per say, they have little regard for humans. After all, they are pathetic little creatures; They are so ignorant, and the intelligence they do have they waste on creating useless toys for their own entertainment and weapons to kill each other. It only makes sense to turn them into your own pawns. They're not worthy of being anything else. Often, Eion comes across as haughty and cold.

Background: Originally, Eion found themselves fascinated with the humans. They were strange little creatures, but there was something about them that captivated Eion. Wanting to help them, they gave them knowledge greater than any other creature on earth. Expecting the small beings to do great things with their newfound knowledge, Eion watched and waited patiently, eager to see what they would accomplish. Over time, however, Eion was abhorred to see that the humans squandered the miraculous gift they had been given. Instead of working to better their lives, they built weapons, created diseases, and killed each other by the thousands. This was not what the god had wanted.

Disgusted and humiliated, Eion turned his back on the creatures. They did not deserve what they had been given, and so, the god left them with their knowledge. This was surely the worse punishment, Eion knew, for as the knowledge they had been given continued to grow, so would their destructiveness, until finally they caused their own species to grow extinct.

Though Eion felt no guilt over what the god believed would be their eventual destruction, Eion soon found themselves bored. With the humans no longer around as a source of entertainment, Eion was at a loss as to how to entertain themselves. Upon hearing of the games, Eion could not help but be tempted. Eventually, they decided to join. They felt no particular remorse over the idea of using humans as pawns, as the god had long ago come to decide they were worthless beings who deserved nothing. They were particularly interested by the idea of Nevereverland, and chose to do everything in their power to obtain it. Eion knew, if they could just win the game then the land would be theirs, and then the god could create a whole new world of their own... a world full with beings worthy of the knowledge that would be bestowed upon them.

Likes: Knowledge, Challenges, change, creatures they deem intelligent

Dislikes: Humans, stupidity/ignorance, war, boredom, continuity

Send a request to the group, Cwolf. :3

Sorry for poor formatting im on my phone so its difficult, im much better on PC i sware haha O.O

I'm not entirely sure that this roleplay is for your particular roleplaying level. This is a more advanced roleplay and will require somewhat advanced responses, as there will be combat and such that needs to be paid attention to with fine detail. I apologize.~

Status
Not open for further replies.