Child's Play [Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't there many other similar threads in this forum though?

Eion and Aeros.~ :3

So long as no one else comes around asking for one when there's only one left, I don't see why not. :3

Gabriel Ladetto, silver
Sex: Male
Appearance:
hFas9Ykir4g.jpg

With a pretty average stature, Gabriel stands at about 5'8 and weighs around 138 pounds. He has thick hair, which is cut short, but is still long enough that it often falls into eyes. Having been convinced (more like forced) by his sister to dye his naturally black hair a dark bluish-purple in the past, the dye has since faded, but is still visible; this leaves his hair with a purple tint to it, which is more noticeable in some light than others. He has narrowed looking eyes, which are a dark greyish-green in color, with lighter grey flecks throughout. (Eyes are different than in picture)

Personality: While some would describe Gabriel as shy, this isn't the right word for it. No, a better description would be reserved or calculating. Shyness gives the idea of someone who is frightened by social contact. This is not true of him. He isn't fazed by the idea of large crowds, or meeting new people; he simply believes it isn't worth the trouble. If you were to take the initiative to come up and talk to him, he'd be quite fine with having a conversation with you - that is, as long as you don't give him reason to dislike you. Though he is open to friendships, he has very few. He is picky about who he chooses to grow close to, and often comes across as seeming cold or aloof. He is not one who likes to talk about himself, and generally tries to keep his emotions hidden from others.
He prefers to watch people from a distance, rather than getting involved. Again, this is not due to shyness, but simply a personal preference. He finds people's behaviors fascinating, and has found that you can learn a lot about the way they think simply by observing them. He likes to try and figure out what their strengths and weakness are, so he can later use it to his advantage if necessary. This backfires on him at times though, as he has difficulty with empathy, and as such misinterprets others actions from time to time.

Biography: Gabriel was born to a lower-class family living in a small apartment located in New York. Much of who he is today was shaped by the experiences he had living there.

His mother was a manipulative paranoid woman, who relied more heavily on the children then she allowed them to rely on her. From an early age, she tried to instill fear into them, often ranting on about all the horrible things that would happen if they so much as left the house or attempted to 'abandon' her. She constantly doubted that they loved her, and would switch back and force between hysterical sobbing and angry screaming if they so much as expressed a negative emotion or tried to leave the house for any reason other than school. Because of this, Gabriel learned to hide his emotions at a young age. He realized that if he was quiet and kept a blank face, his mother would act calmer around him. With this knowledge, he came to realize that he could manipulate people through his own actions, and would use it to his advantage. Though at first he would try to comfort his mother, he gradually grew to realize how manipulative the woman was, and began staying away from the house more and more to avoid her.

His father was a drug addict, a liar, and a bum. He did little to contribute to the family. Though he worked, he kept much of the money he made for himself, often refusing to even give enough for groceries for the week. Rarely at home, when he did show up he did little but make the situation worse. Rather than doing the laundry, cooking for the children, or attempting to help keep their mother calm, all he ever had to give was harsh words and criticism. This left both Gabriel, his little sister, and their mother more upset than before after his visits. With no one really taking care of them, Gabriel had no choice but to be independent. He did most of the house work, and kept a close eye on his younger sister Jessie, who was becoming more of a wild child every day.

His younger sister Jessie reacted quite differently than he did to the bad home situation. Instead of becoming reserved and calculating, she only seemed to grow more impulsive and open about her emotions. She was quite close to Gabriel himself, and would often drag him along with her when she went around causing trouble - which was almost all the time. They began to ditch school on a regular basis, and would spend their days wandering around the city. Neither child had much interest in education, as they saw no hope in their futures, and preferred to enjoy their time as they wanted to. Though Gabriel tried to keep the younger girl under control to an extent, he really didn't object to the constant mischief making. He enjoyed it himself, and figured if it made his sister happy their was no reason to stop. After all, what was the worst that could happen?

Skills: Calm under pressure, observant, intelligent, can be manipulative when he really needs to (for the most part, as previously stated, this backfires at time), good liar

Weaknesses: lacking in empathy, easily annoyed, very rarely forms friendships, can be possessive towards those he is friends with, slightly prejudiced

Likes: Painting, puzzles, observing, people he deems worthy of being his friend, his sister, sleeping in, staying up late

Dislikes: Talking about himself, people who try to lie to or trick him, Lightning storms, when people act hysterical

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there mistake in the first posting? XD

Alright. I'll say that (if his sister isn't a participant but you want to add her to the roleplay), there is an application for characters that stay in the real world.~

I'll probably remove the application for that though, and just tell everyone to roleplay real world characters as they please.

Alright! I was actually planning on making his sister a participant, however. As long as that's okay, of course.
That's one of the reasons why I haven't finished his background yet, I wanted to make sure it would be alright before I had anything too set in stone.

Reactions: Aois
You can make anyone you want a participant. The only exception is naturally a god character. XD That and children that are under...8?

That, and all participants have to be human. XD

Alright, good! Glad to know!
She's definitely human. xD
Also, much older than that. She's like 13. Gabriel's bratty little sister.

That'll be fine. Remember that death is a highly likely possibility. X3

Yaaay, another Participant! Tokas will have to choose wisely... =w=

Cwolf is going to have a total of 3. :3 That brings us up to 11. Maybe 12 if I make another one.~

Haha, yeah, I know. That's why I made three characters, so I'll be less sad if one dies.

Reactions: YuriLucien
Yaaay! X3 These games shall be epic!

Haha, yeah, I know. That's why I made three characters, so I'll be less sad if one dies.
Death will be sad times. XD I'm gonna feel bad for our characters and their teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.