Child's Play [Open]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hai. You can play up to 3 participants. I have the god reserved, but if they don't claim it within the next 24 hours of someone else wanting it, I'll have to give it up to whoever wants it

I've never played with 3 at once before, but I'm willing to try! Also, as a last resort, I won't mind taking up the god role either.

Only play as many as you think you can handle. X3

I like to think I pay enough attention to detail, so I think I'll be able to play multiple characters! I just never tried it in a forum before because I'm fairly new with forum. I've been on chat roleplays since I was young and have played up to 5 with those... :D

Oh! If there's 5 open spots though, how many does the person who reserved a god want to play? If they want to play 3, I'll just use 2.

Go ahead and take 3 if you wish. You're the active one, so take as many as you wish. :3

Okay~! I shall get them up, hopefully, by tonight! Yay for the weekends~!

Aye, aye! XD

Noel Abbett, springgreen
Noel.jpg
Sex: Male
Appearance
Noel's disastrous hair is shoulder length and dirty blonde. His forest-green eyes are always sparkling with happiness and shone with a sense of warmth. He's a little bit on the tan side, and he's skinny, as he hardly ever eats. He's around 6' and his pose and movement are always full of energy. He's often in his work clothes, which consists of a black tuxedo, though he often likes to take off the jacket. When he's not in those regular clothes, though, he'll just wear a white dress shirt, black slacks, and a worn down green scarf.

Personality
Noel is one of the happiest people you will ever see. He always has a grin on his face, and there is very little that could ever make him show any negative emotions. Even in the bleakest of times, he'll often try to make a joke, or try to see the silver lining in everything. He loves to play around, and he'll often do things at his own pace. He's actually quite childish, and if one told him so, he would just laugh. Criticism always bounced off of him like he had some sort of protective barrier. Noel is rather obedient, though, and he's a much better follower than he is leader. In the very few time that Noel's happiness does drop off, he is the type to freak out and run around in circles screaming his head off. He's also the type to blindly believe whatever anyone tells him and will often go along with whatever.

Biography
Noel doesn't know who his parents are, his names were given to him later in his life. As a child, he grew up on the streets. His very first memory? Stealing bread from a store owner and being caught. Luckily (or unluckily…) a woman saved him from the fate of foster care or juveniles. She took him under her wing… As a thief. The con-woman never called Noel by a name, he was always "hey, you" to her, and she would often be cold towards him. But he never seemed to mind; this woman was the first person to show him at least some sort of compassion, and so, as far as he was concern, the woman was his mother. The woman was not alone though, in fact, there were several other con folks that she often associated with – it was a gang of thieves, liars, and criminals.

The group quickly adopted the innocent and bright boy. They were the ones to name him Noel Abbett, and they were the ones that taught him the way of conning and stealing. Lies soon became natural to him, to the point that he would sometimes believe in his own lies, and stealing was of second nature. Being a criminal family, though, not everything was fun and games. Noel was often taught several harsh lessons, like accepting food from strangers. He never quite recovered since and developed a dislike for eating any sort of food. He'll shove food in his mouth when needed though, he knows better than to starve to death. Weirdly enough, he still ended up being rather gullible - no matter how many times they tried to teach him the sense of betrayal and suspicion, they were still his family, so their lessons were rather unsuccessful.

When Noel turned 16, the woman decided to send Noel to a certain mansion. He was supposed to become a servant there, and while he was there, he was free to steal whatever he could get his grubby little hands on. At first, Noel was a little hesitant, because he didn't want to leave his family. They were insistent though, as they all knew that with his bright demeanor, he didn't belong in their line of work. Noel tried to resist, but it didn't take him long to follow through with the plan. He became a servant and entered a whole new life style.

Despite his criminal intents and desires, Noel became close to the children of the house. In fact, he soon obtained an obsession with them and would do anything to keep them safe and happy. In place of their own parents, Noel was the one to spoil them. He couldn't stop himself, however, and he would still steal despite his love for them. By now, stealing was a compulsion. He would steal anything and everything, even if he didn't necessary want the item.

Noel is still serving as a butler in the mansion. Of course, he never allowed them to figure out his past. He doesn't have much ties with his old rag-tag family, although he noticed that his hidden collection – filled with items he stole – was slowly missing items. He has no doubt in his mind that the culprits were his old family, showing him that they still thought of him time by time again.
Skills: Speed, trickery / stealing, optimism
Weaknesses: Not smart, physically weak, too gullible
Likes: Stealing, Shiny things (obsession with them), the children he serves, sunny days
Dislikes: Eating – food in general, learning, things that confuses him​

Phew! Okay, first character done! :) Tell me if I need to change anything! Also! For the characters I mentioned in his background, anybody is free to take up those positions. :3 For the real world roleplay~​

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Approved. :3

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Clara Laeverant, tomato
Sex: Female​
Clara.jpg
Appearance
She has short black hair, that's often quite straight, although they curve just slightly towards her. Her eyes are a strange yellow color, and many often describe her looking like an eerie black cat. She's quite pale, and she's rather delicate looking, although her expressions often say otherwise.

Personality
Clara is not quite the easiest person to get along with. She's sarcastic, blunt and bossy. She's not afraid to speak her mind, and would often insult people if she thinks they're being rather 'idiotic.' She also conveys a bit of confidence as she speaks. Clara's only close friends are her books, and she has a hard time understanding the intentions and actions of those around her. Despite this, Clara doesn't usually push people away or intentionally shut someone out. She just has a hard time acting friendly because of her blunt nature. Clara's one passion in life is research, and she would research anything and everything. She's quite meticulous and would often keep several different journals on her research topics. She'll often lock herself up in a room, or in a library, and spend several days just reading and researching (online included).

Biography
Clara's mother died at birth, and Clara's father is an abusive drunk. He would often blame her for his wife's death, and in result, often beat her. Clara found refuge in the few books she managed to get her hands on, and school was her sanctuary, which only fuel her love for knowledge. She felt useful and important whenever she knew something someone else didn't. Clara always tried to brave through her father's abuse, though. His verbal abuse, although still stung, had less and less damage as she grew older. His physical abuse, on the other hand, was a lot harder to overcome. There were many days she would try to keep her mouth shut, unwilling to allow him the satisfaction to hear her screaming in pain. After one very bad incident in particular, one that resulted in a broken bone, she decided to research methods. She taught herself the basic to first aid this way.

When Clara was 11, the teachers and adults around her gained suspicion. They noticed that Clara would often only wear long sleeves clothes, despite the warm weather outside. They also noticed Clara's quite long history in the hospital, and they all tried to question her about it. At first, Clara just refused to speak about her father. But one of her teacher brought her to a neighborhood church. The priest and nuns talked to her there, and though they never pushed for information, she quickly found refuge there as well. She often stayed in their library, chatting with them and reading her books. They even gave her journals to help her keep her information in.

Finally, after a particularly bad day of abuse, Clara broke down and told the priests that she trusted. They told the authorities and quickly found the help that she needed. At first, they tried to put her up for adoption, but she was too old for anybody to want her. And even if they did, she was too cold to them, and she couldn't possibly change herself to be the warm fuzzy child they were all looking for. So, she was passed from foster care to foster care.

She hates every single one of them. Time after time again, she had to endure several different forms of abuse and neglect – either from the foster family or from the other children in the foster homes. Every time she switched, she just kept on becoming more and more dependent on her books. She still visits the church, especially to store her obtained books or journals.

Skills: Vast knowledge of random information, fast thinker, high pain tolerance
Weaknesses: Non-athletic, lacks in social skills
Likes: Reading, learning, peace and quiet, Asian food, the smell of old books, cats
Dislikes: Constant loud noises, others mistreating books, annoying people, colorful items, bright lights – including the sun​

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Approved. Also, why those priests no adopt her?! What wrong with you, priests?! XO

Where on earth did they miss that detail? Maybe they thought they gave her enough with the journals. XD

Reactions: RiniPinja
... That's a very good question. I actually didn't think of that myself... Haha... Oops?

D: Maybe they thought she could find a better family...? Or, maybe Ryali's right and they thought giving journal was good enough. :D

Okay! So one more accepted character and then I go ask to join group, right? :3

Yep. One more. :3 Aaand... I think I found our last two participants! @Inspector Gadget, no need to be shy!

I'm currently learning all of your weaknesses and deciding how to kill you all. :)

Ah, come on! That's not fair!

My weaknesses are so numerous... I won't stand a chance...

Reactions: Aois
^ The one that's more blunt than Clara. Too bad my OCs aren't posted here. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.