Capture the Flag [OOC & Sign-Ups] {On Hiatus}

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Amber's going to be gone for awhile: How do you want to proceed?

• Make Crysodic GM! (He protests due to the inability to write fight scenes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pause the RP until Amber gets back (this will be two weeks or so).

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Attempt to 'wing it' and roll without an official GM.

• Volunteer to temporarily GM (PM me please)!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (please specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure! We will just kill off one of the other NPC Scouts :P

Of course! I've been wondering why nobody was going for the scouts. xD

But yes, we shall kill off one of the NPCs! I look forward to it, the first death. >:)

Hey, sorry I didnt post. My computer has been dead for the past day or two. Anyway how would I intro Nikolai?

No worries! The rest of the group has been sort of slow as well.

I would imagine that since he's significantly bigger than the rest of the candidates, the people who brought him into the arena would have pumped more of sedatives into him than they did with the rest of the characters. He could easily wake up late and walk into the lounge with the rest of the characters. Alternatively, he could have woken up before the rest of the characters and might have been exploring the base grounds. It's still pretty simple, we haven't started any of the action yet.

However, I am about to introduce the first event. A few crates of supplies is going to be dropped into No Man's Land, and the killing restrictions over the area are going to be lifted for six hours. The idea is that both teams are going to make runs for the crates. So everybody should start looking out for that! c: I'll start the event in around two or three posts.

• Thank You
Reactions: Crysodic
I'm going to reserve a spot.

No problem. But if I may ask, what would that spot be? I think we only have scouts and warriors left.

And my friend wanted to join as well, when I can drag his butt back here

• Thank You
Reactions: Crysodic
script_for_a_jester__s_tear__by_ewelszyn-d40e25s.jpg

Name
Astrid Keegan

Sexuality
Straight

Team
Black Team

Rank
Scout

Chosen Weapon Specialty
Two matching handguns, strapped to either side of her hip.

Strengths
* Critical thinking and problem-solving.
* Creativity and resourcefulness.
* Observation, perceptiveness, and empathy.
* Stealth and climbing.

Weaknesses
* Quiet nature and inability to speak her true thoughts.
* Avoids confrontation of all kinds, both physical and verbal.
* Soft spot for animals and other people in harm's way.
* Close-combat and long-distance running.

Personality
Astrid is a gentle soul -- the last thing she's interested in is fighting and/or violence. Honestly, she's always been a bit of a push over, and she knows it too. She tends to give people the benefit of the doubt, never assuming judgment out of the fear that she may otherwise hurt someone's feelings. This causes Astrid to be on the quieter side of things, as she is slightly introverted; however, if someone were to approach her first in a social situation and express interest in getting to know her, they'd find she opens up much more ans is actually very friendly and playfully sarcastic. She's a very caring person, painfully aware of and sensitive to the feelings and actions of those around her -- perhaps too much so. If there's ever a way Astrid can help, she always tries her best to do so. Astrid's observant and highly perceptive senses make her a great friend when she lends an ear and a solid ally because she rarely misses anything and is a quick-thinker, but getting her to have confidence in herself and her abilities and to speak up is another issue entirely. Along this vein -- while Astrid is not particularly good at weaseling her way out of situations, she is quite clever in less pressure environments and extremely resourceful. She considers her problem solving ability to be one of her strong suits.

[Brief] Background
Astrid grew up as a foster child in and around New York City, constantly moving from one foster home to the next. But no matter where she moved in the area, she always made time to volunteer at the local animal shelter, working with lost and injured dogs, cats, raccoons, birds -- you name it. Astrid had a couple close friends at school, but moving homes around so much made it difficult to form deep bonds with other people. She learned to keep her feelings to herself, and she kept herself preoccupied by worrying about the feelings and well-being of everyone else.

Other
* Loves animals.
* Proficient pianist.
* Skilled at putting on various fake accents.
* Wants to learn a second language and travel the world someday.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Well as of right now. It looks fine, nothing wrong with it. Feel free to finish it at your own pace.

Yay, more people! c:

It looks like the IC dried up a bit though. I think I'll start the supply crate event now - hopefully that'll wake people back up. :3

Yay, more people! c:

It looks like the IC dried up a bit though. I think I'll start the supply crate event now - hopefully that'll wake people back up. :3
Before you post that lemme get a Nikolai post in there.

(Phew! Okay, Astrid is fiiiinally done. /)__o Again, sorry about the wait on that. I'm just finishing up this semester and its like omg let me out of here already lol)

Question, the Black Team Marking, is that something on their bodies?
Yes, we have not really talked about it too much, but we kinda settled on the forehead, or arm. Just use one of those for now until we choose something officially. The markings can not be seen by other members, but the leader can see the outline of the tattoo. It glows when in the other teams territory.

(Phew! Okay, Astrid is fiiiinally done. /)__o Again, sorry about the wait on that. I'm just finishing up this semester and its like omg let me out of here already lol)
Well. Reading it over again, it looks like it is full and fine. But because of my other mistake I will let Fox Lady Face read it before accepting. Like I said, I see nothing wrong with it so you can atleast start thinking of what you want to post.

Alrighty, sounds good. ^^ But I'll have to wait until one of the NPC scouts is killed off first before I'm able to join in, right?

Nope. You can just come in. We will kill them off at some point or another.

The more people join, the more people die! :D

Question, the Black Team Marking, is that something on their bodies?
Yes. I know Crying Man already answered this, but I've decided on something more concrete: the marking is positioned on each person's forehead. However, people on the same team cannot see each other's markings. Only the leader can see vague outlines of each person's tattoo. Additionally, as Cry stated, when a member is in another team's territory the marking glows slightly. This was implemented to help people figure out who is on whose team so that there isn't any confusion.
Nope. You can just come in. We will kill them off at some point or another.
I think it is still early enough in the roleplay to just edit one of the NPCs out... I'm just not sure how realistic it would be for the creators to supply one team with more players than the other.

@Thurrbo Just feel free to jump in whenever, I'll edit one of the other scouts out. It doesn't matter yet. But all characters from here on out will have to wait until a NPC is killed off to jump in, but I doubt that'll be a problem since the crate event is about to begin.

I'm gonna wait for others to post before I put up a Nikolai reaction to that whole 'voice in the head' thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.