Can dreams really come true?

"Yes." She agreed, and stood up as well, noticing him sway a little and gently grabbed his arm to help steady him. As they walked out, she glanced around for the red truck and sighed in relief when she didn't see it. Maybe she had just imagined it. "Well, I suppose I should be...er...going home." Her face fell at the thought. With a red truck watching her and no one to go home to, she didn't really feel like going to an empty house.

"Do you want to use the spare room at my place. You'd have your own bathroom and everything, and my mom makes excellent pancakes." Kurt looked at Nova with care, "I bet you don't want to go home with the man and his truck."

"Are you sure? I'd still need to go over and grab my homework and fresh clothes and stuff." She nervously tucked her hair behind her ear, glancing at him.

"Than we will go pick up your stuff. I promised you that I'd keep you safe no matter the risk. Besides my mom needs to talk to someone other than me for once." Kurt said, "Please. For your safety." Kurt took her hands again holding them up against his chest accidentally pressing the divot in his chest with her hand.

She could feel the indentation on his chest but didn't comment on it. Instead she nodded. "I suppose so. But what's wrong with talking to you?" She wondered, tilting her head to the side a little.

"I've pestered her for years. That and she doesn't get out much." Kurt said, "When you're ready we can go grab your stuff. " He looked in her eyes trying to plead with his own as hard as he could. Again their faces were only inches apart and Kurt didn't want to lose her despite the fact he'd only known her for so long.

She nodded again, once more aware of how closed they were. "I'm ready." She breathed. She couldn't move whenever he stared at her like that. It was like his eyes paralyzed her, locked her into place. "But...please come in with me."

"I can do that." Kurt said not moving an inch, "Thank you Nova. It means a lot." Kurt felt the color flare again and he understood now why his mom didnt let him have much sugar, so he looked down again trying to hide the color. "Shall we go?"

Again she nodded, feeling herself suddenly able to think and move, wondering how he could imbolize her with his eyes like that. She climbed into the passenger seat of the car and buckled up.

Kurt sat down in the drivers seat remembering the way to Nova's house very well. It was a quiet and there was no sight of that red truck. "I'll follow you." Kurt said looking around checking every nook and cranny. He again opened the door for her but this time let her out.

"Okay." She muttered. She didn't know why, but she had to check her mother's room, just to see if she might be there. The bedroom door was open and Nova froze when she saw her mother's bedroom. All the drawers and closet doors were open and everything was gone. "Oh man..." She muttered, looking around. "Oh man." She said again.

"What's wrong?" Kurt asked running into the room looking at her than the room.

"Why that dirty rotten..." She swore, which was something she had never done before. She felt her legs give out and she sank to the floor against the wall, feeling her throat tighten.

Kurt kneeled down in front of Nova putting his hands on her shoulders, "Nova." He looked at her like his mom did when he was young. He pulled her into his arms . "I'm so sorry." he held her tightly remembering the pain he felt when his "mom" told him he was abanded.

She didn't cry in his arms. She was too angry for that. She would worry about crying later. Right now she just felt to dead. She stayed in his arms for several long moments before reluctantly pulling herself free from him. "I should get my stuff." She muttered, and made her way to her room.

"Okay hon'. Take your time." Kurt said following her to her room. He watched her closely waiting for the tears, and a part of him wished despritly to hold her close forever. To take away her pain. He gingerly leaned against a wall as she threw some of her stuff in a bag.
"Can I help?" He asked softly.

She shook her head, unable to speak. Once she had a couple days worth of clothes and pajamas, she went to the bathroom and grabbed her hygenine supplies. She put those in a seperate bag and put the bag in her duffle. She then grabbed her backpack with her school books and her laptop. She checked to make sure she had everything, and once she wad done she said, "I've got everything." Her voice was thick and emotionless.

"Okay." Kurt said going for the car. He let her in and started driving towards his house, "My mom will just love you, trust me when I say that." Kurt again reached across the gap between the two of them and despite the electric shock he felt he held her one hand. "I promise you everything will be okay in the end."

She glanced at him but didn't say anything, feeling that electric current again. She turned her gaze to the window, half expecting to see that red truck but didn't. Well at least that annoyance was gone. She thought.

When Kurt pulled up to the place he called a home. He had forgotten how big it was compared to other house, and the way it was made to feel impressive. "It's my uncles place." Kurt mumbled feeling embaressed. He again opened the door for her, and he grabbed her stuff. "It's not much of a home really, my rooms in the basement but you can pick any room you want."