Can dreams really come true?

She cast a quick sideways glance at him, feeling his eyes on her and blushed, hoping he couldn't see it in the near dark. She hesitated for a brief moment before leaning over on him kind of like a pillow. She opened her pack of gummy bears and popped one into her mouth.

She flushed a crimson red when she noticed he was looking at her. It was really cute the way she did that. He wanted in the worse way to kiss her at that very moment and protect her from anything that came to harm her. He smiled when she snuggled in closer, and part of him was somewhat paying attention to the movie, but he didn't even know what was going on.

She didn't know why she felt so comfterable with him, she just did. Her father was a truck driver and constantly on the road, traveling from coast-to-coast. Things just felt right with Kurt. She didn't care if Jacey didn't like him. She did. And he liked her. To Nova, that was all that mattered. All of the other boys were just your ordinary teenage boy. But this boy was different. She didn't know why yet, he just was.

Kurt smiled to himself thankful for once in his life that he could see in the dark. He put a hand beneath her chin and turned he face gentle so she was looking at the movie.
"Thank you for doing this with me." He whispered kissing her forehead, "It means the world."

She smiled shyly and her blush deepened. "You're welcome." She whispered, still leaning against him like a pillow. His skin was colder then hers, and she shivered a little, though she pretended it was the soda.

She blushed again, and it was so beautiful. He smiled noticing her shiver, but she wasn't complaining. It was amazing to have her in his arms, to be able to have someone to keep him rooted. Something he could live for.

"Did you enjoy the movie?" Kurt asked looking at her as they drove towards town for some ice cream.

"The movie?" She glanced over at him. "I suppose so. To be honest I really wasn't paying much attention to it." She stirred a little in the seat.

"Really?" Kurt said with a soft chuckle, "Same."
He fidgeted in his seat rubbing his chest injury again.
"I was to busy looking at you to be honest." He said looking at her.

Her blush deepened even more. No one had ever made her blush before, let alone as much as she had tonight, as she didn't really get embarssed all that easily. But, like everything else lately, tonight was different. She noticed him rub at his chest again. "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked again, suddenly remembering him blackout at school. She looked at him, worried.

"Yeah I'll be okay just soar as usual." Kurt said taking her hand with his right, "Don't worry bout me. Everything will be okay."
He looked back in the rear view mirror seeing the same red truck that been tailing them all night.
"I'm personally surprised you haven't asked about how the whole injury happened." Kurt said with a gentle sigh.

When he took her hand in his, she felt an electric current rush up through her fingers and the rest of her body. She took her hand back, flexing her fingers as they felt a little cold and numb. She knew he wanted her to ask, so she did. "How?" She wondered, still flexing her fingers.

Kurt felt the same electric current as Nova when they pulled apart. Skin on skin contact feels like an electric current, huh.
"Got stabbed as a kid. Took out a lung, thankfully it didn't kill me. Other wise I would've never meet you." Kurt replied feeling himself go crimson.

Her eyes widened in horror. How could anyone be so cold as to stab a child? She thought. She happened to glance in the mirror and froze when she saw that old rusted red truck that had been parked outside her house before Kurt picked her up. She tugged on his shirt sleeve. "I don't know if it's just coinisidence but that red truck that was outside my house is following us again." She said, frightened.

"Hate to say it but he's been following us this whole time." Kurt said looking back, "Don't worry he won't go after anyone in public."
They pulled up to the ice cam shop and the truck passed. "Now let's just enjoy some ice cream. You know something?" Kurt said jumping out opening the car door for Nova, "This will be my first taste of ice cream. Will you helpme pick?"
Kurt looked at her with a childish smile leaning in so their faces were inches apart.

She leaned back a little out of reflex. "Um, sure." She breathed. "You mean you've never had ice cream before? Seriously?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Never, not once in my life." Kurt said sheepishly, "Mom's sort of a health food freak."
Kurt leaned in closer enjoying the smell of her, and the sight. She was just beautiful. There's no other word for it.

She leaned back a little further and stirred a little in the seat. "If you would be so kind as to let me out, I could help you choose a lot easier." She said, waiting.

"Oh sorry..." Kurt said taking a step back, "Didn't realize I'd done that."

She stepped out of the car, spotting the red truck. "It's quite alright." She mumbled. She was really starting to hate that truck.

He put an arm around her shoulder pulling her close, "So what do you suggest to a newbie to ice cream." Kurt smiled glancing over his shoulder. He for a moment forgot about his injury, and the man in the red truck who he'd been running from for so long.