Cairn War IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicholai & Aros

Nicholai cleared his throat, messing with a necklace he was wearing as he sat back down. Aros acknowledged Adam's question, frowning slightly before keeping a calm expression. "She's.. Somewhere. She needed to clear her head." He looked away, walking over to Katherine and placing a hand to her heart. Nicholai narrowed his eyes, a smirk washing over his lips. "What're you doing, Aros?" Aros laughed, looking to Nicholai and then Adam. "I'm checking her heart. It's crucial to see if this solution will work." Nicholai nodded, looking to Adam. "It seems doggy boy is sad about Katherine, Aros. Got any advice for him?" Aros settled down in a chair close to Nicholai, a sigh escaping his lips. "Well, sometimes it's best to wait for things to happen, Adam. Besides, you know Katherine only wants you. If that's all I can ask for in the world, it's for her to be happy and safe. Even if I can't do it myself."

Elizabeth

Elizabeth looked over at Alex, her eyes narrowing. "Alek.. Let's not bring up a touchy subject. Aros and I just got in a fight. I love him.. I think. I- I don't want to ruin something good between him and I." Alek frowned, his eyes turning blue. "You know for a fact that I can make you happy, my Lord. I can give you all the love he never has." Elizabeth shook her head, her eyes watering as she began to cry. "I'd like to be left alone. You don't know Aros like I do. And I'm sure once he and Nicholai get here you'll be killed for sure. Especially since you are talking bad about the main lord himself." Alek kissed her hand, standing up and bowing. "Anything is worth it for you to pick me, Elizabeth. Anything."

Adam tilted his head at Aros reply, the Hybrid stating his girlfriend had gone off somewhere in order to think. Adam wasn't well-versed in relationships, but even someone as dense as him could connect the dots on this one. Elizabeth was probably angry over this situation, and wanted to get away from Aros for awhile. He scratched the side of his head, and decided not to mention it. If Elizabeth came back, he'd be sure to thank her then. She didn't care much for Katherine, but she probably wouldn't take a swing at Adam. At least he hoped she wouldn't. Those fire hands looked painful. He came back from his thoughts in time to see Aros checking Katherine's heart, and sighed as Nicholai told the Hybrid how antsy he was.

Aros gave him the same advice as Nicholai, that they simply needed to wait, but he also went further, saying that he knew he was out of the running for Katherine's affections, and was satisfied so long as she was happy. "That's...good to hear." Adam replied, glancing away. Now if only Katherine still felt the same way when she woke up. After that, he sighed, leaning back in his chair. "Well, I guess there's really nothing to do for it. But I'm not leaving this room until she opens her eyes again. I don't care how long it takes." he said, settling in to wait.

Nicholai & Aros

Nicholai nodded, looking at Adam with a blank look. "Could I ask you a big favor? Ruby should be in our room.. Can you bring me a bottle of blood? I'm getting weak and I'm sure after I get something to eat I can take us to see Katherine." Aros widened his eyes, a sense of alarm rising in his chest. "Nicholai.. Are you sure it's safe for hm to be around Katherine? The darkness consumed her. She's not the same. If she kills his mind, he'll die in real life. I don't want her under any stress either." Nicholai raised a hand, looking to Adam with a smirk. "She'll be ok, Aros. I'll have Adam be on guard and keep his mouth shut about touchy subjects. And then we should be ok." Aros sat down, nodding with his head in his hands. "That sounds more reassuring, thanks." Nicholai looked to Adam, waving his hand. "Hurry and get my food! I want to get this show on the road!"

Elizabeth

Elizabeth rolled her eyes, wistling for her guards. They quickly game, grabbing Alek roughly by the shirt. "I appreciate your love for me, Alek. But for now, I'd like to go see the souls around her. I've been away from the darkness for too long." Alek sunk his head in defeat, his eyes turning scarlet red as he became angry. "You may be a demi-god, but you're making a mistake. My love for you is deeper than what he has for you! He doesn't love you!"

Elizabeth watched as Alek was dragged outside the room, kicking his legs as the guards pulled him down a long hallway. She knew where the hallway led to, and she was hoping he'd come to his senses in the room. The room was none other than a quiet room meant to keep angry or violent people calm and serene, though Elizabeth doubted the effectiveness of it. She walked towards another hallway, her long dress elegantly swaying behind her as she walked. The corridor was lit by lamps, the walls peeling away from her as she approached them. She frowned, her eyes watering slightly.

Is that all I am? Am I nothing more than a virus affected by the darkness that sits inside me?

She reached a highly decorated door at the end of the hallway, one that was black and had a golden knob on it. Upon opening the door, a group of people surrounded Elizabeth, cheering and asking for pardons and favors. The guards near the door quickly dispersed the group, throwing them into the darkness. A man in a fashionable suit walked up to her, grabbing her hand and gently kissing it. "Hello, Elizabeth. It's been a long time!" Elizabeth smiled into the man's eyes, her hair gently blowing in the wind. "Hello, Michael. Long time no see."

"Aww...but...I just said I wasn't gonna leave the room..." Adam said with a facepalm as Nicholai asked him to go and ask Ruby for a bottle of blood to refill the Vampire's energy. He perked up slightly though, as Nicholai said he could use the energy to take them to go and see Katherine. Aros was worried, and Adam blinked as the Hybrid pointed out that if Katherine, for some reason, killed Adam in the mindscape, he would die in real life as well. But Nicholai waved his worries away, and Adam stood up as he was told to go get the blood again. "Alright, alright. I'll go get it not. Not like you can't go and get it yourself or anything..."

Adam left the room after a last look at Katherine, and walked down the hallway to the room Nicholai and Ruby seemed to be sharing, sure he had picked the right room thanks to his powerful nose. Raising his fist, he knocked on the door and cleared his throat. "Uh...Ruby? It's Adam. Nicholai asked me to come here and get a bottle of blood for him. Can I come in?" he asked, raising his voice slightly so he could be heard. He wasn't about to walk into a woman's room uninvited, especially if that woman was a vampire.

Ruby & Desmond

Ruby heard a knock at the door, followed by a shrill voice asking if he could come in. She detected the scent as Adam's her eyes rolling as she fixed her pigtails and looking towards Desmond. He was seated in a rocking hair, Hope asleep on his chest. Ruby opened the door, forcing a smile to her lips as she looked into Adam's eyes. "Hello, Adam. Let me see where I put them. Come on in." She shut the door behind him, Desmond grinning as he waved to the werewolf. "Hello, Adam. I wish I could have helped Katherine more, but I'm busy watching Hope. I missed her so much when she was missing. It feels great to be able to hold her again." Ruby smiled at his comment, fetching a bottle of blood as she slipped on her overcoat. "Desmond do you mind staying here while I go see Nicholai? It's been hours since he last spoke to me. I want to know if he's alright." Desmond nodded, his eyes darkening as he laid farther back in the chair. "Sure, I'll keep Hope here. There's no point in moving. She'll wake up if I move." Ruby laughed, her eyes trailing over Adam's cuts and bruises. "What the hell happened to you, Adam? You seem like you have been through hell and back." She shut the door, waving to Desmond as she entered the hallway. "Let's go."

Caleb & Violet

Violet had fallen back asleep, her hair tousled over her face. Caleb sighed, shaking her gently as he threw her clothes on the bed. "Wake up, Violet. I want to check up on Nefarious and Luna before next year." Violet grumbled, opening her eyes slowly as she growled. "Can't I ever sleep? We got here two days ahead of schedule. Technically, we have two days before our job begins." Caleb shook his head, his eyes narrowing. "I wish you'd take this job more seriously, Violet. We were on the clock from the moment we accepted the job. Start acting like you care." Violet scoffed, violently pulling on her clothes as she stepped into the bathroom. "I do take every job seriously. Caleb. You wouldn't understand even if I explained it. I like being able to relax. Yes, Luna and Nefarious are more important.. But I want to be able to finish what I started. And that is sleeping." Caleb snorted, pulling on his jack as he opened the door. "Sure."

Many eyes turned towards the newcomer. Not many people came to visit their little town, but when they did, it was for a couple of reasons. Rumors began to spread, voices were lowered down to a whisper. Kalar simply did not care. He continued to walk down the street, looking for the one place he could be safe from his own thoughts. They were worse than the rumors, because he knew his thoughts would not lie to him; they constantly tortured him for his short-comings and the mistakes he has made.

After traveling to about the center of town, he could hear the clear hammering of metal. Kalar felt his thoughts drift away at that sound. Determined to find where it is, he moved towards it. When he got there, the blacksmith was smashing a bar of metal, trying to form it into a flat piece of metal. Behind him stood a broken farm scythe.

Kalar smiled at such a simple task, for it brought joy that such a skill had not disappeared.

Good sir, are you looking for some help? I have worked as a blacksmith for many years.

The man did not turn his head from the metal in front of him. Kalar smiled even more, because he knew the focus and drive a blacksmith must have to insure that he did not hit the wrong part of metal. Kalar simply waited there, hoping for a better tomorrow.

Ruby opened the door for Adam, and the werewolf walked inside as she beckoned him to. He half-heartedly waved to Desmond, cradling a sleeping Hope in his arms. Ruby began rummaging around for blood, and Desmond apologized for what had happened with Katherine, and being unable to help. "It's alright. None of this would be happening if I hadn't ran off like an idiot." he replied, rubbing his shoulder as one of his injuries suddenly flared up. "You take care of Hope, she is your daughter after all."

Ruby had found some blood by this point, and asked Desmond to remain in the room, so she could go and check on Nicholai herself. Apparently they hadn't seen each other in a few hours, and she was getting worried. Tilting his head, Adam briefly wondered if they were a couple. There sure seemed to be a lot of them going around these days. Desmond agreed, and Adam and Ruby left the room. As they returned to the hall, she questioned the werewolf on his injuries, and Adam avoided her eyes. "It's nothing. I'm fine. I...I just had a run in...with an old acquaintance." he said, continuing to rub at his shoulder, realizing it had popped out of place. Sighing softly, he braced himself, and forced it back into place with a muffled yelp.

Squeezing his eyes shut with an angry hiss, he shook his head for a few seconds before opening them once more and looking at Ruby as she started walking, following after her back to his and Katherine's room. "We're back." he announced simply as he opened the door, gesturing for Ruby to enter before doing so himself and shutting the door.

Ruby & Aros & Nicholai

Ruby rolled her eyes at Adam's vague answers, her eyes trailing over his face as he popped his shoulder back into place. "Sure.. If you say so." She smiled as they opened the door to Katherine's room, her eyes brigtening for a short moment as she spotted Nicholai. Hello, Nicholai. Aros, it's nice to see you." Nicholai smiled, getting up to hug Ruby and take the bottle from her. "Hello Rubes. How's Desmond?" Aros waved, his eyes sparkling different colors as he looked out the window. "Hello Ruby." Ruby glared at Nicholai's comment, kicking him in the shin as she sat down in a chair. "Hope's sleeping on him so I offered for him to stay in our room until she wakes up. It shouldn't be a bother. I mean, you're going to be here for a couple of more hours." Nicholai nodded, popping the cork to the bottle and draining half of it in one gulp. "I love this blood type. How did you know this was my favorite?" Ruby shrugged, looking to Katherine's motionless body on the bed. "I have no idea. I guessed." Nicholai stood up after finishing the bottle, clapping his hands and walking towards Katherine. "Are you ready, Adam?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruby and Nicholai quickly launched into conversation as they returned to the room, and Adam waited patiently, though he did laugh for what felt like the first time in awhile at the sight of Ruby kicking Nicholai hard in the shin for one of his comments. It was nice to see someone else getting smacked for mouthing off besides him for once. Seeing Nicholai down half of the bottle of blood in one gulp drained some of the color from his face though, and he had to look away until the Vampire was done drinking it. He wasn't sure if he'd ever be able to accept that as casually as all of the Vampires did. It was just...bleugh. Hearing Nicholai comment on the blood type didn't help much either.

After that though, Nicholai seemed ready to return to Katherine's mind, asking Adam if he was ready as well. Looking at Katherine for a few seconds, he shakily nodded his head. "Yeah...yeah. I'm ready. Let's do this." he said, unsure of what to expect. He'd never done anything like this before, going into someone's mind. What was he about to see? How would Katherine react upon seeing him? He was kind of scared, but he wasn't going to let that stop him.

Nicholai & Ruby & Aros

Nicholai nodded to Aros and Ruby, his eyes darkening to a deep red as he looked to Adam. "Don't speak unless you have a genuine question. The mind is a dangerous thing, Adam." He sat down, waiting for Adam to do the same next to him. As soon as Adam sat down, he put his hand on Adam's shoulder, closing his eyes and concentrating on Katherine's mind. His eyes filled with darkness as he fell into a pit of feathers, his eyes widening as he searched for Adam. "Adam! C'mon. Get up. For some reason her mind changed. She'll be here somewhere." He stood up, helping Adam to his feet as they ventured ahead, a thick patch of black trees opening up into a path. Nicholai could see a door just beyond that, his eyes focusing on the color of it. It was black and red, a bit of light pouring through the bottom of it. "She's not the same as she was before, Adam. Remember that please." He walked to the door, knocking on it softly before opening it. The room was the same except for the floors. They were red and white tile, and Katherine wasn't on the bed. She was sitting on the floor with a girl younger than her, Katherine dressed in red and black while the girl was dressed in white. Nicholai sensed that the girl was Katherine's sister, her hair bright blonde and her eyes wide and curious. Katherine looked up to see Nicholai, her eyes moving to Adam quickly. "Nicholai, who is this man?" Nicholai waved, sitting down in a chair in front of Katherine. He motioned for Adam to do the same, his eyes scanning the room. "A friend. Who is that next to you?" Katherine chuckled, a bright red light forming in her hand. "My sister. Her name is Anabelle. Isn't she beautiful?" Nicholai smiled at Katherine, nodding as he looked over the girl. She wasn't saying anything, her breathing rapid and her eyes blank. "Katherine, could Anabelle excuse us for a moment?" Katherine's eyes changed to red, her hands balling up into red fists as she stood up. "NO!" Nicholai put his hands up, looking to Anabelle. She'll come back, Katherine. Please?" Katherine nodded, looking to Anabelle. The girl disappeared, Katherine slumping to the floor. "Nicholai... What do you want? I'm tired." Nicholai laughed, looking quickly to Adam. "Do you remember him at all?" Katherine shook her head, looking over at Adam with a blank stare. "What's his name?" Nicholai tapped his fingers on the chair, smiling grandly at Katherine. "Adam." Katherine frowned, looking to Adam and quickly shaking his hand. Pleased to meet you, Adam." Her face twitched, a black tear falling out of her eye. She screamed, looking over at Adam in a daze. "I... I remember you from somewhere..." She stood up in a frenzy, her eyes turning black as midnight as a gray mist shot out of her hands. The walls began to drip black, her eyes narrowing as she looked at the two men. "Come see me again.. please.. I need help." She grabbed Adam and kissed his cheek, a whisper escaping her lips. "I will always remember our first kiss." Nicholai yanked Adam back by the shirt, pulling him through the door and shutting it.

Nicholai came back to reality with pain as he realized Ruby was smacking his face. "Wake up! Something is happening to Katherine." Nicholai and Aros ran to the bed, Katherine's clothes morphing to that of what she was wearing in her mind, her breathing quickened and then slowed, her hair growing longer as Nicholai looked to Adam. "There's your proof, Adam. She remembered you for a short moment. But.. it was too much for her mind and she turned to her new self. We'll go back in a while. She needs alot of rest."

2kqw47.jpg

Her sister is in the white and she is in the black.

Adam sat down with Nicholai as the Vampire prepared for their trip into Katherine's mind, closing his eyes. Soon, he felt darkness closing in on him, their was a second of instinctual panic at this sensation, but he fought it down as the darkness sucked him in, and soon found himself in what appeared to be a black forest. Nicholai pulled him shakily to his feet, and Adam looked around in awe at the straight sights around them. Apparently this wasn't what had been here last time, as Nicholai seemed surprised by their surroundings. "I hope you're right." he commented as the Vampire started walking, the Werewolf following along.

Their path through the forest eventually took them to a red and black door, and after reminding Adam that Katherine wasn't herself right now, Nicholai opened the door. They found themselves in a bed room, and as soon as Adam saw Katherine, awake and active, he felt such a rush of joy, it was hard not to run over to her and sweep her into a big hug. But somehow he restrained himself, knowing that Nicholai would likely either stop him, or kick him out of Katherine's head. The joy dimmed somewhat though, as the first words out of her mouth were a question to Adam's identity. A sad frown crossed his face as Nicholai indicated he sat down, which he did, and he set his eyes on the other occupant of the room. A young girl in a white dress with white hair, contrasting with Katherine's now black hair and dress.

"Your sister...? But she's..." Adam trailed off, looking at Katherine as she said the girl was Annabelle, her long dead sister from before she became a werewolf. Nicholai asked that Katherine send her away, and after a little convincing did so, Annabelle promptly vanishing. Only a memory. Katherine seemed to deflate from there, sadly asking what they wanted. Nicholai again questioned if Katherine knew Adam, and again Adam felt the wind knocked out of him as she said she didn't. She reached out to shake his hand, and numbly, Adam took it, wishing so much that he could do more. As soon as their hands touched though, it seemed to cause some sort of reaction in Katherine, and she looked dazed.

"You do? You know who I am?" Adam asked hopefully as the girl said she was beginning to remember him. But whatever Adam had done, it seemed to be effecting the world around them as well, he looked around in fear as the room began falling apart around them, then turned his head to Katherine as she suddenly grabbed onto him. She kissed him on the cheek, and his eyes widened as she told him she remembered the first time they'd kissed. Adam wanted to say something, but Nicholai had grabbed him, and was now dragging him back to the door.

"Nicholai! Wait a second!" Adam said over his shoulder, looking back at Katherine. "Katherine!"

A flash of light, and suddenly Adam awoke with a jolt, back in the real world. Standing up, he moved to Katherine's side, where her clothes were somehow changing to reflect what she'd worn in her mind, and her hair grew. "She...she remembers me." he whispered. "Good...that's good." He'd been so afraid that his memory had been lost to Katherine, that the revelation that she still knew him, even if her memory wasn't complete, practically put him on cloud nine.

"Why have her clothes changed? And her hair...what happened?" Adam asked Nicholai.

Nefarious Darkhart

Nefarious nodded once luna stepped inside the bathroom. Once someone knocked on the door he looked to it. Seeing it was Daemon he eased his tension. Lately, he has been tense, he thought maybe it was because of Luna being pregnant. But in all actuality it was because him and Luna were in very real danger. Nefarious was willing to sacrifice himself for Luna and the babies protection.

Nefarious nodded to Daemon and noticed that Daemon looked awkward. "The babies are fine Daemon, but what's up with you? You look like something is crawling in your skin." he replied as he sat up just then and locked eyes with Daemon.

Gerard Targonne

Gerard wasn't looking towards the vampire cotton mouth at all. "Well, i suppose my dislike of drinking has to do with the taste. It was never really my thing, I mean before the war i would see people act like they were gods or something. Invulnerable, i've seen too many people die that way. It seemed pointless, so i never really done it." He replied as he sat there staring into his drink.

Nicholai & Ruby & Aros

Nicholai looked over at Adam, his eyes widening in surprise at the sight. "I've only heard of the mind manipulating the body once. Unless..." His voice trailed off, his jaw clenching as he thought of something. Aros grabbed his arm, shaking him with a panicked look. "Or else what?" Nicholai shrugged off Aros' grip, his eyes narrowing. "Unless Katherine obtained some powers from the light and dark. It might explain why there was red light coming out of her hands. When she got upset, the light turned to a black mist." Aros shook his head, sitting beside Katherine as he checked her pulse. "Hmm. How common is it, Nicholai?" Nicholai looked over at Ruby, his eyes dimming. "Only once, I said. It was a long time ago. That person is still alive. The person is able to manipulate their body using their mind." Aros cocked his head to the side, looking over at Nicholai. "Do you know this person?" Ruby stepped forward, her eyes solemn as she held out her arms. Her clothes changed to a sporty outfit, her hair turning a brighter blonde. "Me. I was attacked by werewolves when I was younger. Maybe that's a reason some of them creep me out... Anyways, I lost alot of blood and they mixed my blood with another creatures and I was able to think of something and it would happen. If I wanted my drink to turn to blood, all I would have to do is think of blood and touch the drink." Aros nodded, his eyes wide as he became stunned by information. "That's alot of problems. Could you wish someone dead?" Ruby laughed loudly, her eyes watering as he held her stomach. "That was too funny! No. I cannot think of someone dying and it happen. It has to be something I have. Like, I could change my hair. Change the color and length. I could change the clothes on myself. It's rather odd, but not uncommon." Aros nodded, his eyes narrowing. "I remember reading it in lore of dark creatures. They can manipulate things with their mind. Though nothing like the power of Nicholai's, they can manipulate small things around them." Nicholai looked to Aros, a smirk of his face. "See? I told you everyone likes me."

Luna & Daemon

Daemon could hear Luna throwing up in the bathroom, shifting silently on the seat as Nefarious began to speak to him. He listened as Nefarious explained that the children were fine, a deep sigh of relief escaping his chest. Daemon cocked his head to the side, looking deep into Nefarious' eyes as he asked if something were wrong with Daemon. "I didn't think It was that easy to see something is bothering me..." He cleared his throat, looking to the door and leaning in closer to Nefarious. "Katherine died tonight. We were able to revive her, but I'm just worried for her right now. I should have fixed her heart earlier."

The door slammed open, Luna quickly waddling out of the bathroom. "Is she okay? Will she live?!" Daemon smiled, his eyes looking over her stomach before answering her. "Who, Luna?" Luna narrowed her eyes, shooting a quick glance to Nefarious. "Katherine, you dunce! I heard you say she died. Is she alright?" Daemon nodded, rubbing his hand on Luna's stomach as she listened to the babies heartbeats. "She's fine. She's in a coma right now, but that will give her time to have her wounds heal. She was a mess when Aros found her." Luna nodded, her eyes trailing to her stomach. "I'm still hungry, Neefie. Give me more blood."

Isabel

Isabel smiled as Gerard explained why he wasn't a fond drinker, and Isabel nodded, looking over at the bar. "I see. Well, I'm not susceptible to becoming 'intoxicated', so I usually drink to pass time. Plus, it's actually common with humans at a certain age, and I'd like to fit in as much as possible. I guess it's just something I enjoy doing to pass time. Although I'd like to see what it's like to be drunk, I'm pretty happy just being myself. Vampire side and all." She looked over a customer that entered, her eyes widening as she grabbed Gerard's hand. "Think of Daemon. He'll bring Caleb and Violet. There is a really dangerous man in this room."

Adam listened intently as Nicholai and the others spoke about Katherine's strange change, and looked over at Ruby as she revealed that she could do it too. "Wait, so...you're a werewolf too?" he asked with a tilted head, her explanation sounding like she had been turned in a similar fashion as Katherine and himself. "And...does this mean Katherine isn't just a werewolf anymore either?" He looked back at Katherine, who had relaxed now that they had left her mindscape, and reached out to move a bit of hair out of her face. Either way, he just wanted her to wake up, safe and sound, as soon as it was healthy for her to do so.

Standing up with a pained wince, he looked down at himself. He still looked terrible. He was covered head to toe in bruises, along with a handful of bloody gashes along his skin and clothes. It was likely going to be some time before his regeneration was able to handle so many injuries all at once. He was exhausted too, but didn't want to go to sleep just yet. He needed to try and take care of his physical state first. "I think I'm gonna wash up." he said as he turned towards the bathroom. It was going to be awhile before they could return to Katherine's mind, so he might as well take this chance to get clean.

Trudging towards the bathroom, he closed the door behind him. Starting to take his clothes off, he turned the water on. "Hopefully this time I can bathe in peace." he muttered, remembering how Kalar and Katherine had interrupted him last time. Sighing, he sank down with another wince into the tub, planning on taking his time.

Arose & Nicholson & Ruby

Ruby shook her head, a scowl forming on her lips. "No, you idiot. They fed me blood that was from a weird creature. Fortunately for me that was the last mind bend I could do. Nicholai helped me limit my power. Now that I used the last one, I'll be a normal vampire again." Aros tilted his head, looking at Ruby with a strange look. "So... Nicholai can fix peoples minds? Like erase powers and what not?" Nicholai shook his head, raising a finger to quiet them. "I can only fix things that have to do with the mind. Ruby hated her gift. She wanted to be the same as she was before. And I helped her become her former self. In time, if Katherine doesn't want her new gift, I can help her. She's a mixed breed now. Hell, she may never transform into a werewolf again, Adam." The three sat down as Adam announced he was going to take a shower, Nicholai snickering as he picked up Adam's thought. Aros continued to stare at Katherine, his eyes troubled. Nicholai cleared his throat, shifting in his seat. "You never told me where Elizabeth went, Aros."

"Never transform again, huh...?" Adam thought aloud, thinking over what Nicholai had told him of Katherine's new nature. He still didn't understand how these new powers worked, not really. But then again, he wasn't so sure he understood ANYTHING that had happened since he'd gotten mixed up in this mess. But at least it sounded like if Katherine wanted to return to the way she'd been before, she had that option. Scrubbing a hand through his hair, he slowly washed off, wincing at some of the more serious injuries he'd taken in his fight with Talon. Not having to worry about transforming into a werewolf might have been nice. But Adam felt that there was no way he could defeat Talon without making use of his powers. But if he did...wouldn't that make him exactly what Talon claimed? A monster?

"Dammit..." he muttered with a shake of his head. He wished Katherine was awake now, not just because he wanted to see her, but because she might be able to help him with this. After all, she was the only other werewolf nearby. Letting the water wash over him, he couldn't help but overhear the conversation continuing in his room, and listened in, wondering where Elizabeth had actually gone. He didn't think he could smell her anywhere on the premises anymore.

Katherine & Nicholai & Ruby & Aros

Aros and Nicholai began to talk about powers and sorceries, Ruby rolling her eyes as she drank a glass of blood. She didn't seem to like the topic of conversation much, though she was watching for any strange activity with Katherine. She caught a slight movement from her, shrugging it off to be a small twitch in her body. But as Ruby sat there watching, she noticed Katherine move more, her arms stretching and her legs moving. Ruby jumped up, speechless and pointing towards the bed, her arms flailing over her head as she tried to get the men's attention. Aros was the first to notice, thinking Ruby was playing charades with the two men seated. He chuckled, shrugging his shoulders as he listened to Nicholai continue to speak. It was only when Nicholai recieved a harsh smack to the back of the head did he turn around to see Katherine sitting up, her eyes narrowed as she moved her arms. Aros jumped up, running over to the bed and sitting nex to Katherine. "It's okay.. You're fine. Do you remember me?" Katherine looked into Aros' eyes, her long black hair slowly falling over her face. "I remember everything." Her face was extremely pale, her black hair falling over her back and shoulders. Her eyes were a red-ish brown, her dress long and elegant. Katherine held onto her chest, her eyes wide as she stared at Aros' shirt, her mind racing with things to say. "Where's Adam?" Nicholai moved over to Katherine, his eyes filled with genuine happiness. "He's taking a bath. He's pretty beat up." Katherine nodded, looking to the door. "I'll wait for him then. Aros, I need to speak with you later. It's nice to see you in person again, Nicholai."

Nothing the others had been talking about was particularly interesting, so Adam began to tune them out as he continued washing up, the warm water soothing some of his aches and pains. He was going to miss this when they eventually left Losland. It was going to stink going back to trying to bathe in rivers or ponds. Shutting the water off, he grabbed a towel and began drying off, still naked. He was still sore all over, but the bath had helped somewhat, though it would still be awhile before he was his usual spry self. Hopefully that would be before Katherine woke up, in case she was angry for him running off and causing all of this. He'd need to be at his full strength to take that beating, he thought.

Hearing the others suddenly grow louder, he began paying attention again just in time to catch a familiar voice reach his ears. Snapping his head towards the door, his eyes grew wider. Could it be? Was she already awake. All other thoughts leaving his head, he rushed to the door and opened it wide, seeing Katherine sitting up in bed, face pale as her now black hair fell about her. "Katherine! You're awake!" he said in shock, taking a step out of the bathroom, then pausing he felt a sudden draft.

Had he forgotten to put his clothes on? Looking down, he quickly realized he had, and was naked for the world to see, including Katherine, again.

Yelping, he dashed back into the bathroom and shut the door quickly, face beet red. Dammit! Not again! Can't I catch a break!? He started getting dressed, and returned to the room once he had covered himself up. Coughing to try and cover his embarrassment, he turned his eyes back to Katherine. "I-I-I'm so glad you're awake. I didn't think you'd wake up for awhile, with the way Nicholai was talking." he said as he came closer, though he stopped within arms length of her, not wanting to do anything more until he knew something. "Do you remember me?"

Katherine & Aros & Nicholai & Ruby

Katherine and the rest of the group looked over to see Adam open the door naked, his face flushing as he became embarassed. He soon came back to the bedside clothed, his voice timid as he asked her if she remembered him. "It's all coming back to me. I know who you are somewhat, but I can't fully remember how we met just yet." She looked to Nicholai, his eyes searching her for some sort of clue. "Do you have any powers?" Katherine nodded, her eyes glowing blue as she raised her fists. Red light began to glow from her hands as she raised them in the air, her eyes quickly changing colors. She sighed, her eye color returning to red-is brown, her hands returning to a pale color as she sat there. "I can use those powers to do things, but I don't really know what just yet." Nicholai cocked his head to the side, looking at Katherine with interest. "Anything with your mind?" Katherine nodded, her eyes shining as she smiled. "Daemon passed on to me the power to sense and hear creatures. If I allow it, I can hear people who aren't human. Sometimes I can hear the humans, though." Aros nodded, his eyes narrowed as he pressed a hand to his lips. "Yes.. I understand now. Some powers were transfered by me, and the rest were transfered by Daemon. They intertwined, and now she is a werewolf hybrid." Katherine nodded, looking to Adam. "I'll allow a hug. But until I remember more, I'd like to keep it at that."

Nefarious Darkhart

Once Daemon leaned close and told him that Katherine died this night, he perked up an eyebrow. It was always a show of interest when he did this. Though it never happened often, that was because he was never really interested in alot of things. Nefarious leaned back and sighed softly. Then Luna came barging out. "Good ears love." he then leaned over and grabbed a bottle of blood and stood up afterwards. He handed it to Luna and smiled to her. "Drink up love" he said to her. Looking over at Daemon he asked "So... what was the cause of her death?" he sat down on the bed again and locked eyes with Daemon once more.

Gerard Targonne

Gerard smiled to her when she said she would like to see what it would be like to be drunk. Then he noticed the sudden change in her and looked to the door and raised a brow not really thinking that the new person was really all that. "How is he dangerous? He don't look that bad." he said to her and squeezed her hand a tiny bit to reassure her. But something deep down inside him was itching to rip this new person apart and relish in it. "Guess....who Gerard. I'm back." the voice inside him hissed. His eyes widened. "Shit, it's back Isabel...." He said to her looking into her eyes as his eyes starting switching from his regular blue to a bright yellow back and forth. He was trying his hardest to fight it off. "I....need....to...be locked up somewhere....it's trying to take control again..." he said to her looking to be in pain as he let go of her hand and held his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.