Cairn War IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katherine wanted to talk to Luna first before they left, but wanted to get a little rest before they hit the road. Adam nodded his head in agreement, then let Katherine pull him to his feet, grinning a little as she stretched and remarked on how she seemed to be tired lately. "Well, we have been through a lot in the last few days. I guess it's starting to drag you down? I know I'm feeling it." Adam replied, rubbing the back of his head. That was part of it, but the real reason he hadn't been getting much rest lately was because he and Katherine had been sharing a bed. It wasn't that he found it unpleasant, in fact he enjoyed it in a way, but it was...distracting. It made his mind race, and he couldn't quite settle down. Katherine dragged him across the room towards Luna's table, asking if they could talk later. Glancing at Luna and Nefarious, he opened his mouth to try and say something, but even if he could have thought of what to say, Katherine quickly jerked him away and up the stairs.

"It's a good thing I'm so strong, or else you'd have dislocated my arm by now." he said, tightening his grip on her hand as they approached their room. It didn't bother him though, he liked holding her hand.

Once they were in their room though, Katherine suddenly began taking her clothes off in front of Adam, and the young werewolf's eyes nearly popped out of his head. Face turning bright red, he slapped a hand over his eyes for a second. He hadn't exactly expected Katherine to do that at all. Uncovering them, he watched as Katherine slipped into bed, gulping as he got a pretty good view at her body. If she was embarrassed by her attire though, she didn't show it, and in fact smiled, beckoning Adam to come to bed. "N-no! It's...it's ok! D-d-don't worry about it! You just...uh...surprised me." he said as Katherine asked him if he was alright with her appearance. Taking off his boots, he crossed the room and got into bed too. "I'm fine."

Oh man...this is even worse than the time she wore that lingerie! At least that had covered a little of her body. Remembering what had happened when she had been wearing that, how they had kissed that time in bed, it was enough to make Adam a little red in the face, though he quickly looked away so Katherine wouldn't notice. Her scent was blasting his senses again, and he had to clamp down firmly on it to keep it from making him delirious. He thought he had been learning how to control it, but suddenly he was all too aware of how little mastery he had over the art.

Looking at Katherine again, he laid down on the mattress beside her, quickly getting under the cover to hide how stiff he was. Somehow, he thought he was in for even less sleep this time than usual. "That's a...um...good look for you, by the way." he complimented sheepishly.

Katherine

Katherine laid in the bed, her eyes closing halfway before feeling Adam become rigid in the bed. As he spoke though, he seemed nervous and timid. She shrugged it off, snuggling into the pillow to enjoy some slumber. Her eyes snapped open at his remark though, her feet swiftly kicking him off the bed in a heap. "Ew, Adam! What the hell! I am in my under garments to be less hot when I sleep, and here you are making passes at me!" She took the pillow off the wooden bed, slamming it onto his back in a rush of adrenaline. "You.. Are the most... despicable man.. I've ever seen.. In my life!" She stopped hitting him after a moment, hiding her face in shyness as she knew he could see her bare stomach and the top of her breasts. Though it didn't show alot of her breasts, she crossed her arms over her chest. She quickly got off the bed and slipped on a small dress that she had in her suitcase, wrapping her favorite red hoodie around her body as well. "Well, get into bed, Adam. I'm all dressed now and I'd like someone to cuddle with. I understand your attraction for me... It's just that noone has attempted to say those words to me in a long time. I mean, it's just different. I suppose it's just me trying to cope with the fact that my last date was over three thousand years ago, but who knows. Maybe I'm just down on my luck anymore." She pulled him up onto the bed, her eyes closing halfway. "I'm sorry, Adam. Goodnight."

Desmond & Nicholai & Ruby

Desmond finished telling of his traveling stories, leaning back in the chair as he looked at his clock. "I need to go get Hope soon. I'm sure another half hour won't be that bad." Ruby nodded, looking down at her glass of blood. "It seems you're very protective, Desmond. That isn't like you at all." Desmond snorted, draining the last of his blood and sitting the glass on the small table in front of him. "You'd be surprised how much you change after everything you loved has been ripped from you, including the only child you had." Ruby frowned at first, looking over at Nicholai for composure. Nicholai switched her mood to calm, smiling at her and sending a 'your welcome' message into her mind. Nicholai then spoke up, pouring more blood into the three empty glasses sitting on the small coffee table. "Well, I'd say you have a right to be protective. Then again Desmond.. You don't really know exactly how to do the spell to bring Selena back. You said that yourself. I mean, what can you possibly do to get that to work?" Desmond frowned for a moment, a tear forming in his right eye as he looked away from the couple. "I imagine that every town saw the portal of demons that came out of the sky. That wasn't fully my fault. I tried to create a portal solely for Selena, and something took over the spell. It had to have came from someone very powerful, that is for sure. They completely obliterated the spell. So I put her corpse back into her coffin, and I waited again. It was rather annoying, actually. For once I really would have loved to have some hope that her soul would come flying out of that portal and that everything would have been alright." Nicholai nodded, his composure breaking on his face for a moment. "It'll be alright, Desmond. You'll get the spell right soon." Desmond nodded, grinning. "I sure hope so. Nicholai.. I heard a rumor that you were very busy nowadays. What has happened?" Nicholai chuckled, his perfect hair swiftly moving as he laughed. "I only came here to find Nefarious. It wasn't hard, but I ran into a bit of trouble with my ride. My driver was killed when the demons attacked. I had no way to get out of there on my own, and I had killed my assistant. So, I was left to stay here until things calm down. Not to mention I need to look over Nefarous." Ruby spoke up, looking into Desmond's eyes. "That's why we're both here. If I would have known about Selena, I would have came to help you. But sadly we're in a predicament. If we don't stop Kain, there will be a huge war against every vampire in Cairn."

Dahlia & Selena

Dahlia looked towards a path that led to darkness, her eyes narrowing as she spotted a pure white dress. She knew it was Selena, her eyes rolling as Selena entered the room. "How is your stay so far, Dahlia?" Dahlia snorted, looking towards a pack of vampires cowering in fear. "I'd say it's just like any usual day. Though I miss my boyfriend, it's going well I suppose." Selena's eyebrows perked, her mouth opening slightly. "A boyfriend, huh? That's not like you at all." Dahlia nodded, her eyes brightening for a short moment. "Yes, I'd say you're right about that. Things have been causing me to have a change of heart. I should say it was Nicholai who taught me the way of right.. But it all started with Daemon decades ago." Selena nodded, sitting in a throne opposite of Dahlia. "I've heard about Daemon, Dally. Sounds like he wanted you destroyed once and for all." Dally shook her head, putting her hands up. "No, he just knows that I am dangerous to Luna. Luna either would kill me or I would destroy her. The thought of even conceiving a mixed breed leaves a bad taste in my mouth." Selena hissed, chuckling as she kicked her feet in joy. "That's why you are here, Dally. All your life you have lived in sin and evil. You destroyed what you wanted and killed who you sought fit. But the only reason you were sent here was because of an innocent. You left your child lying in an abandoned home, alone and weary for five days. That baby should have died if it wasn't for Daemon. And when you destroyed that child's innocence, you destroyed your chances of escaping here without Daemon's orders. Now, you're locked in a holy prison. Where no friends subside, neither me nor them." She looked to the pact of vampires, her eyes widening as she took in the fear. Dahlia growled, her eyes narrowing at Selena. "Then why the hell are you here, Selena? You're far more righteous than I, yet you are bearing the same fate." Selena shook her head, her eyes narrowing in joy. "You're wrong there, Dally. I'm here because my soul was stuck in a desolate place due to who killed me. You're whole body is stuck here in a jail. I am able to leave once Desmond helps me. And where will you be?" Dahlia shrugged as the shadows swallowed up Selena, her laugh still ringing in Dahlia's ears. "Who knows, Selena. But I'll be far away from you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Adam's compliment hadn't gone over so well with Katherine, and he let out a grunt as she swiftly kicked him in the side, knocking him out of bed and onto the hard floor. Before he could try to recover, she began whacking him in the back with a pillow, yelling at him for what he'd said, and he covered his head with his arms, trying to defend himself from the soft assault. "It was just a joke! A joke!" he exclaimed as the pillow hit him again and again. Of course, it didn't hurt, but Katherine was hitting him so fast he couldn't do much other than lay there and wait for it to be over. Eventually, Katherine ran out of steam, and he glanced up as she hid her face behind the pillow. "Sheesh...talk about your overreactions..." he said as she jumped out of bed to put more clothes on. He sat up, tilting his head as she told him to get back into bed with her when she was finished covering herself.

"I don't think I'll ever understand you..." he muttered as she pulled him back into bed, cuddling up against him as she admonished him yet again. She had called him despicable for saying she was attractive, kicked him out bed, beat him up with a pillow, and then snuggled up with him again? He honestly didn't know if she was mad or pleased by what he had said about her now. "Well, maybe it's time someone started saying those things to you again. Isn't it supposed to be a good thing when someone compliments you?" he said, scratching the side of his head. She started to close her eyes, bidding him goodnight, and Adam laid down again beside her. "I doubt I'd hit you with a pillow if you said I looked good in my underwear."

He started to close his eyes too, trying to get comfortable next to Katherine "Good night, I guess."

Katherine

Katherine sighed as Adam began to chastise her about taking a complement, rolling her eyes as he went on to say that he probably wouldn't ever understand her. "Adam. I am that kind of girl who has stuck up for herself for many long years. I've had to sit idly by and let my love life dwindle to nothing, and support myself. I had noone to lean on for support. I didn't meet Dravus until I was well over two thousand, and he helped me realize that as a team things can go alot more smoothly. Though I still consider myself independent, I worked very damn hard to get to where I wanted to be. I had to let go of my past, Adam. I'm guessing so should you. It's the only way you can move forward. You've spent years dwelling on the past. That's why you're not causal around girls. You're like a walking garbage can when it comes to what you say around me. Girls like to be treated respectfully, not like a piece of meat. So when you want to compliment me, do it in a more nicer way, alright?" She smiled, grabbing his cheeks and kissing him before leaning back and closing her eyes. "I really like you, Adam. Though Dravus will make us sleep in different rooms at my home, you're more than welcome to tell me how gorgeous I am any day."

Adam kept one eye open, looking sideways at Katherine as she continued speaking. "Not really sure how you being a strong and independent woman adds up to you whacking me with a pillow for saying you look nice, but I guess I'll keep that in mind. Not that I'll understand it..." he said as Katherine gave him an explanation that practically made his head swim. She smiled and gave him a kiss, and he half smiled before closing his eyes again. "I'll try, as long as you don't smack me around every time I tell you that." he joked as Katherine said he could compliment her looks, just that he should do it in a nicer way. Not that he was really sure how to do it any nicer. She acted like he had groped her or pinched her bottom when he'd said it a few minutes ago.

She also had suddenly told him he needed to let go of his past, and as he settled in to try and sleep next to Katherine, the thought lingered on his mind. She said it like it was the easiest thing in the world. But it was far from easy. How could he just...let go of something that had haunted him for so long? He couldn't. He couldn't just let it go, not yet at least. Not until he'd gotten his revenge on the werewolf who had cursed him in the first place. But it had been ten years...ten long years...and he was no closer to that than he'd ever been. Would he ever be able to find him and put an end to this? He frowned to himself, subconsciously tightening his hand into a fist beneath the covers.

Sighing softly, he tried to put it out of his mind, and get some sleep.

Katherine

Katherine listened to Adam's words, her eyes rolling inside her closed eyelids. She couldn't help but feel the attitude and tension rolling off his shoulders, filling her mind up with worry as she tried to fall asleep. She rolled over with her back facing Adam, her memories returning to her mind. She felt weak, her heart beating rapidly as she saw her sister dying in front of her eyes. Yes, a long time ago she had let go of her past, but that didn't mean it didn't come back to haunt her from time to time. The pain and worries began to pour out of her, her eyes filling up with tears as she stared at the wall in front of her. She wanted to grab his hand; tell him everything would be alright. But knowing how men and fellow werewolves acted, she ignored her feelings and wants, focusing on sleeping. The last thing she remembered before falling into slumber was the terrifying dream she slipped into.

Nefarious Darkhart
Nefarious listened to Daemon talk about the training being 'hard work'. Well, this wasn't nothing new to him of course. But the fact alone was, just how powerful was Daemon. Nefarious saw Daemon fight once and yet, it seemed he was holding back in that fight. Maybe he should bring out Daemon's full potential in the spar. Cause Nefarious wanted a good fight, he wasn't going to hold back and neither should Daemon. Sure, Nefarious won't kill him. But Nefarious wouldn't hold back for anyone.

He nodded once Daemon 'ordered' that Luna needed rest and food. Nefarious agreed, he was going to make sure Luna would be well, and the babies were healthy. He returned the hug that Hope gave him and he smiled "You be good Hope. Give your dad a hard time for me okay?" he said to her smiling. It would be funny to find Desmond all bent out of shape.

He returned Luna's affectionate hand grab and smiled to her. "Now, we need to get you food. What would you like Love?" he asked her gently pecking her on the forehead.

Gerard Targonne
Once the drinks were brought over, Gerard immediatly drank some of it. Frankly, it really did nothing to sate his hunger, but it helped wet his whistle at least. He let the two girls chat and sat there in silence. He was getting bored, and fast. He eventually started looking around at the musty old tavern. It was old, that was for sure. It looked to be built out of salvanged parts. Like say a car door here for a wall, and a wooden pallet. It wasn't too pretty, but he guessed it was shelter enough. He was just surprised it stood up this long.

After the girls were done speaking he took another swig of his drink and looked to Isabel. "Isabel, just how long have you lived for? I know it's rude to ask a lady for her age. But i'am curious. I apologize in advance if i disturbed you." he said looking at her in her beautiful eyes.

Adam put an arm over his face with a quiet sigh. By now Katherine was asleep with her back turned to him, and he thought he could hear her whimpering softly next to him, and shiver every now and then, as if she were having a nightmare of some kind. He looked at her sadly, but let her be, aside from lightly stroking her hair in a comforting way, hoping that it would chase away the nightmares. At least one of them needed to get some rest tonight, and it certainly wasn't going to be him. Sitting up in bed, he scrubbed a hand through his shaggy hair, staring at the wall with a melancholy expression on his face. He just couldn't settle down, and for once Katherine wasn't the cause of it. Not entirely anyway.

He tried to think of exactly how long it had been since he'd been turned into a werewolf. Had it really been ten years? He knew the answer to that question already. He had lived it. Every day for ten long years like...this. Looking down at the hand he'd just put through his hair, he examined it next to his other hand. It had transformed while he hadn't fully been paying attention, just like several days ago, when Luna had almost walked in on him and seen it happening. Growling angrily, he clenched them into fists, but refrained from cursing loudly as he had before. He didn't want to wake Katherine. Comparing his human hand to his transformed claw, his dual nature was all the more apparent. Squeezing his eyes shut, he tried to force his arm to return to normal, attempting to exhort his will over his feral half.

All of this...it's all his fault! That son of a bitch who destroyed my life ten years ago! My home...my family...my friends...my HUMANITY! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! He opened his eyes, resisting the urge to give in to his anger and take it out on this room, and saw that he had managed to turn his arm back to normal. Sighing in relief, he stood and walked to the window. Thinking of the man who'd done this to him brought back the memories, and as he rested his hands on the windowsill, he squeezed it tightly. He could remember it all vividly. His face, that cruel smirk at all of the destruction, his haunting laughter, even his smell, which had been all over the village, easily identified by the younger Adam when he'd first woken up the next day, being transported out of the wreckage by the kindly merchant who hadn't known what he was taking out into the world.

It was...almost like Katherine's scent...but not really. They're both werewolves...but on Katherine, I smell strength...and kindness, even love. But him...all I can remember is hate...and blood. He supposed it was strange to attach something like emotion to smell, but that was just how his nose worked ever since the change. That scent...it's been burned in my brain...I can practically smell it now. Wait a second...

Sniffing the air, Adam's blood suddenly ran cold, and he gripped the windowsill even tighter, as if the world had just been pulled out from under him. He could smell it! It was as clear as day! There was another werewolf in the area! The window was open, and Adam leaned out, looking out into the night. Where? Where!? Narrowing his eyes, he saw a figure at the edge of Losland, walking into the forest. The figure stopped suddenly, as if aware it was being watched, and turned to look straight at Adam. Adam stiffened at this, but looked closer. With his strong vision, he could just barely make out his expression. It was the same. The same cruel, evil smirk as the man who had stood before him a decade prior, laughing as his village burned.

The man started walking again, and Adam stepped back from the window in wide-eyed shock. He couldn't believe this was happening. Ten years, and the man just showed up here out of the blue? Why? How? One thing was for certain, Adam wasn't about to let this opportunity slip through his fingers. Turning around, Adam rushed out of the room, blasting down the stairs and out of the common room, heedless of the others who were still in the room. If any of them saw his face, what they would see would likely convince them this was one time not to give him grief.

Leaving the Inn behind him, he rushed out into the forest. He could still smell the man, plain as day. He hadn't gone far. He could find him and still close enough to Katherine that her heart wouldn't be in any danger. I'm coming for you, you bastard!

Luna

Luna smiled at Nefarious' question, rubbing her stomach as she instructed a waitress to bring them up some food. The waitress busily went to getting the food prepared, her heartbeat hypnotizing Luna. She shook herself out of it, walking towards the hallway. "Let's hurry up. I'm very tired and hungry. She got to the door of their room, busily unlocking it and leaving the door open for Nefarious. The waitress arrived in no time, Luna quickly paying her before the woman decided to snoop around. As the woman left, Luna began to eat, patting the bed for Nefarious to sleep on. They were lucky the bartender liked them so much. He had rented them a room that had a bed from before the war, one that was large and plush. Luna smiled at this, grateful for the kindness that he had bestowed upon them. She began to feel sick after eating some of the food, pushing it away quickly and drinking some blood out of a bottle. "I'm thinking this blood is much better." She chuckled, rubbing her stomach and looking to Nefarious. "Neefie.. My father said I'm about five or 6 months along. It's a good thing I found out now, considering that I didn't start feeling sick until now." She patted his arm, looking into his eyes as she pulled him closer to her. "Nefarious Darkhart, I love you so much. If only you could feel the things I do with our children. If only I could show you my feelings. This whole thing with your father is worrying me so much. I know how much you have lost in your life, and how much I wish I could replace it. But I can't, and it worries me to think of what will happen if something happens to you." She leaned in, kissing him longingly. "I love you."

Isabel

Isabel smiled, patting Gerard's hand. "It's okay, I understand why you are curious. Though I am alot older than you, I'm still just like you. I am in fact six-thousand, four hundred and fourty three. It's insane, isn't it? I wouldn't think it'd be that long since I was born, but somehow the years have flown by!" She grabbed his hand, squeezing it gently and stretching in the chair. She waved the waitress over, ordering another drink for herself and Gerard. "I.. I want to take care of you for a while, if you'll let me. I know alot about these things, Gerard. And I'm happy to help any way I can. I turned you. Someone who turns someone else has power over that person. If I say jump, you'll try to jump. Even if you don't want to. But I will never try to put you through that. That is wrong and un-lady like."

Adam burst out of the foliage into a clearing somewhere in the forests near Losland, and though he hadn't been running that long, his chest was heaving as his breath was heavy. He still could hardly believe what he had seen. Could the man he'd been searching for have really just appeared in Losland? What were the chances of such a thing happening? It seemed impossible. But as he looked ahead, into the cold, hard eyes of the man standing before him, he knew it was true. It had been ten years, but the man looked exactly the same as he remembered. Which was likely because, as a werewolf, his aging process had more or less gone into hibernation a long time ago. He had no idea how old the man was, but like Katherine, he seemed to have an experience which belied his physical appearance. If the man was surprised to see Adam, not a hint of it showed on his face, if anything he looked as if he had been expecting Adam.

"Took you long enough, Pup." he said with a smirk, standing casually before Adam, who's eyes widened in surprise.

"You remember me?" Adam asked, shock overriding anger for a few seconds before his hands tightened into fists as the man laughed loudly.

"Sure I do. I never forget the face of someone I turn, or at least, my nose doesn't. Granted, it's been...what...a decade or so?" he said, pausing to look at Adam questioningly for a second before continuing. "You've grown up quite a bit. I might not have recognized you at first, if your scent didn't give you away. That's how you found me now, wasn't it?" Another pause, as if he expected Adam to answer, who was still too stunned by this to really react. "Anyway. When I realized one of my...offspring...was here, I just had to say 'hello'." he said, smirk widening as he saw Adam's hands shaking.

"So, how have you been? Murdered anyone lately?"

Feeling something snap, Adam roared in anger and hurled himself at the man, drawing his blade and swinging it downwards in an attempt to cleave him in half. Still smirking, the man simply stepped to the side, letting Adam's blade pass harmlessly by before driving a knee into Adam's stomach hard enough to bring a gasp from the younger werewolf. He fell to his knees with a grunt, coughing as he tried to catch his breath.

"Strike a nerve?"

"You...son of a bitch!" Adam coughed. "You...turned me...into a monster!" Adam attempted to rise, swinging his sword diagonally at the man, who casually dodged again before kicking Adam across the face. Adam flew a few feet before hitting the dirt and sliding a little, feeling as if he'd just been kicked in the face by a horse. He hadn't even seen the kick coming. The man was much faster than Adam had been expecting.

"You say that is if it were a bad thing." The man said, dusting himself off as he lowered his foot to the ground. So far, in their little exchange, he hadn't even moved from the position Adam had found him in.

"It is! Do you have any idea what you put me through!?" Adam yelled as he rushed to his feet, charging the man again, who once again stepped out of range of one of Adam's attacks, before grabbing Adam by the wrist and twisting it around to his back, holding Adam fast as he yelped in pain.

"Made you stronger? Faster? Put you on the top of the food chain?" he replied before letting Adam go, who promptly spun around, trying to punch the man in the face. He swiftly dodged once more, before grabbing Adam by the collar and flipping him over his shoulder and slamming him roughly into the ground. "Although it seems my gift didn't exactly make you much smarter." he said snidely he backed away from Adam, writhing in pain on the ground for a second before trying to get back onto his feet.

"Shut up! You don't know what you're talking about!" Adam shouted, stumbling a little before managing to rise. The man had only hit him a few times, but he honestly couldn't think of a time he'd been hit harder than this.

"Still wet behind the ears, eh, Pup?" the man said with a shake of his head, sounding as if he were admonishing a child. "Looks like Talon is going to have to give you a few lessons."

After leaving the tavern, Kalar decided he needed to cool off. The argument between himself and Daemon had gone nowhere! Now, he had run away like a scared dog, with nowhere to go. If he were to even go down to hell, how could he abide there? He had no home, no loved ones, nothing but himself. Unfolding his wings, he propelled himself into the sky, trying to run from the reality of his life. After falling, he had become a outcast of all. He would never be a part of the world, as he knew too many of the truths of the world, and he could never forget that. It might be best just to disappear from the world.

Pondering on this, he flew in the sky for hours, when he noticed the sun was beginning to descend. Kalar flew to the west, deciding to assimilate into the society of the humans. He could become a blacksmith, working away at the anvil. It would fit his personality well, creating new things. He sighed and turned back to Losland and his past, where he would leave it behind.

Katherine

Katherine awoke with a jolt, a light throbbing in her heart send a wave of panic into Katherine's bloodstream. She quickly jumped up, looking around the room for Adam. He was nowhere in sight. She looked out the window in time to see him run into the forest, her eyes quickly dimming as a tear ran from her eye. Her sadness quickly turned to anger, her eyes narrowing as she began to pack. "Damn him. Damn him to hell. The moment I warm up to him he goes out knowing I could die any minute. What a dumbass." She saw another figure move around in the forest, the darkness quickly swallowing them both up. The pain in her heart began to throb worse, sending her down to her knees quickly. She sighed in anger, getting up and walking away from the room, hurrying down the steps. Isabel tried to stop her, raising her hand as she rushed out the door. She wasn't in the mood for any talk to try to calm her down; she knew ways to help herself, and if it came to something happening to her, then so be it. She made it out of town, walking in a small forest before falling from a stab of pain that shook her whole body. Her heart spasmed, causing a seizure to ensue, her eyes rolling around as she thrased violently. She woke up after the seizure achy, her arms and legs stiff. She tried to get up, her heart pounding in her ears as she tried to call out for help. She tried to yell Adam's name, sending a faint howl into the air as well. Her heart stopped suddenly, her eyes bulging as she passed out. She awoke in a mist, her eyes foggy and her head pounding as she looked down on herself. There was a figure with wings there, black and mysterious. "I can help you, miss. All I ask in return is a favor." Katherine reached out to her body, trying desperately to somehow enter into her body once more. The figure chuckled, wrapping it's cold hand on her arm and leading her into the smoky forest. "H-How can I help you? What do you want?" The figure pointed to a pit full of angels, it's arms hugging itself. "The darkness is falling upon the land, Katherine. The angels are dying. By vampires and everyother creature. A horrible person is causing angels to fall and die for no reason, miss. Tell Aros who the person is. Please." Katherine nodded, the darkness consuming her as she fell into a void of nothing.

Desmond & Daemon

Desmond walked into the bar area, spotting a couple drinking some alcohol. The womans presence indicated she and the man were not fully human, and Desmon grinned at the thought. Desmond jumped back in surprise as Daemon rushed towards him, pushing Hope into his arms quickly. "There's been a problem, Desmond. I'll visit Hope as soon as I can, but right now I need to go tell Aros." Desmond took Hope into his arms, nodding as he seemed alarmed. "What's going on, Daemon? I can help any way I can." Daemon smiled, nodding as he began to walk towards the stairs. "It's Katherine. Her heart stopped. I need to warn Aros." They made their way to the room, Hope fussing in Desmond's arms as Daemon pounded on the door to Aros' room. "Let's hope my best friend is awake."

Adam let out a strangled groan as he hung limply more than a foot off the ground, the man known as Talon holding him up by his throat, transformed into his werewolf form. He was beaten black and blue, covered in bruises almost literally from head to toe. His sword lied on the ground a few feet away, not that it had done him much good. He hadn't managed to land a single solid blow on Talon at all. They may have both been werewolves, but their skill and strength were leagues apart. "Has it sunk in yet, Pup?" Talon asked with a smirk, tightening his grip on Adam's throat ever so slightly, causing him to gasp for air. "Don't pass out on me now, the lesson isn't over yet." he continued, lightly tossing Adam to the ground.

"I'm sure you learned this over the last ten years or so, but if by some way you haven't, this should have made it painfully clear. We Werewolves are far superior to normal humans. This curse you insist I gave you is far from it. It's a blessing." Talon said as he stood before Adam, who barely managed to keep one eye open to glare at the older werewolf. "Strength. Speed. Smell. Hearing. Eyesight. Longevity. All of these gifts propel us far ahead of humanity. Don't you understand? The age of humans is over! Now is the time of the Vampire! The Werewolf! Angels! Even Demons! If not for me, you would have been dead years ago, Pup! You should be thanking me! I gave you what you needed to survive this chaotic world!"

"You're...insane...!" Adam panted, trying his best to get up.

Talon laughed loudly at this, as if it were the funniest thing he'd ever heard. He returned to his human form, spreading his arms wide. "Insane? No, no, no. I've simply embraced the chaos! You would understand, if you did too. Even now, you're holding back! Afraid that if you were to transform, you wouldn't have control. Why worry? So what if you tore that silly little town Losland apart? They're weak!"

"That's not true! They...deserve...to live...just as much as anyone!" Adam said, though he knew at least part of what Talon said was true. Even in this dire situation, he when he actually wanted to transform, he couldn't make it happen. He could feel it deep within his psyche, beneath the surface. But it was like there was a wall separating them. Part of him just couldn't willingly relinquish control to his werewolf half. He was too afraid of what might happen.

Talon sighed, half in amusement, and half in exasperation. "Altruistic. I suppose that's an admirable trait. But it's only dragging you down. Why worry about those who would only shun you for what you are? You know as well as I that the instant those people found you were a Werewolf, they would curse you, they would hunt you, they would kill you if they could. You're nothing but a monster to them. Why pretend to be anything but?"

"I..am...not...a monster!" Adam shouted as he finally managed to rise again, breath heavy as he wobbled. His heart was beating about a million miles a minute, and in the back of his head, he wondered why that was. Was something happening to Katherine? A distant howl sounded, and Adam's eyes widened. Somehow, he knew there was something wrong. The second heartbeat was getting fainter and fainter.

Talon heard it as well, sniffing the air slightly. "My my. It seems the other werewolf I smelled in this area is in trouble. She smells weak. Like death herself may be paying her a visit shortly." he turned back to Adam, who was looking around wildly for a minute before settling in the direction Katherine seemed to be. "Running out on me, Pup? You can't cut short our reunion now!"

Adam picked up his sword, though he had to use it as a crutch instead of a weapon. Somehow, he doubted Talon would just let him leave. At the look on Adam's face, he burst out laughing again. "I get it, I get it! You found yourself a mate, haven't you, Pup? Maybe you're not as wet behind the ears as I thought! Though her standards must not be high, if she's interested in a Pup like you!" Adam growled, though he didn't have the strength to raise his sword, and Talon gestured in Katherine's direction with his hand. "Haha! Alright, go ahead. If it's for the sake of a fellow werewolf, I can let it slide, for now."

Adam stared at Talon with a dumfounded look on his face, and scowled when Talon suddenly looked dismissive. "Besides, when you're like this, there's almost no fun to be had. Even if I wanted to fight you, you're no challenge to me at all in your state. Until you've accepted what you are, you're little better than those Humans out there. I was hoping you would be of a similar mind as the rest of our kind, but I can see you still need time." he turned and began walking away. "We're done here. I'll tell you what, Pup. When you figure out how our world really works, come and find me, where this all got started. You can try and settle things again there, or you can come around to my way of thinking."

"W-wait! Get back here!" Adam exclaimed, raising his arm feebly after the retreating Talon, who faded into the darkness without looking back. Adam's arm dropped, and he stared out in absolute shock. "D...dammit...no...NO..." he said, lowering his head in anger and shame. He'd finally gotten his chance for revenge, and had failed absolutely. The only thing that kept him from screaming in frustration, was the thought of Katherine in trouble. He had to get to her.

"Hold on...Katherine...I'll be there..." Adam said, turning and starting in that direction. His vision was blurring though, and every step felt like it took every ounce of willpower he had left. "Shit...I can barely...move..." he said, stumbling and falling to his knees, slamming a palm into the ground to keep himself from hitting the dirt.

Aros & Daemon & Desmond

Aros flung the door open, his eyes widening as he took in Daemon's expression. "Is everything alright, Daemon?" Daemon shook his head, pulling Aros out into the hallway. Elizabeth jumped up, yelling before the door was shut in her face. Aros became concerned, rushing down the stairs. "What's wrong? You never need me unless it's dire." Daemon cleared his throat, worry deepening his eyes as he looked at Aros. "It's Katherine, Aros. Her heart has stopped. We don't have much time to bring her back. I need you to fly to wherever she is. We can help her that way." Aros nodded, shaking the two mens hands and running out the door, his wings spreading as he embraced the darkness. He let his senses guide him. closing his eyes as he flew. He stopped thirty miles out of town, a small forest blocking his view. He landed and quickly walked through the forest, finding Katherine in a path, her eyes closed. He felt her heart, his frown deepening as he performed CPR on her. He could hear a heartbeat for a moment, but it would suddenly stop. He wrapped her in his arms, his wings spreading as he lifted them into the sky. "I'm here Katherine. I'm here."

Nefarious Darkhart
Nefarious stood up and followed his beloved silently. As they walked through the door he sat down beside his beloved. He gently laid his hand on her stomach rubbing slightly. He looked to Luna and smiled "Well, blood is more succulent than what the humans eat. At least that is what we Vampires prefer to normal food. That is porbably why you enjoy it more." he replied. He listened to what else she had to say after he answered her.

From what he understood from what she just mentioned. She was 5-6 months along. Which meant that his and her children would be born very soon. Then he was pulled to her and he was careful not to hit or squish her stomach. He returned her gaze into his eyes "And I love you Luna le Doux, soon to be Luna Darkhart." With that said he returned her kiss with one of his own.​
Gerard Targonne

Gerard smiled to her "I would love for you to take care of me. Cause honestly i wouldn't know what to do with myself." he grinned stupidly as he replied to her. The waitress came by again to give them the next round of drinks for them. Gerard looked at his old half-filled glass and tilted his head. He never even finished up his first one. He shrugged his shoulders though and finished his old one and began on the new. "And Honestly i enjoy spending time with you in this burned out world." he was trying to be romantic but he felt like he was failing at it.​

Luna

Luna grinned at Nefarious as he rubbed her stomach, looking towards the door as she drank some more blood. She could hear running upstairs, her eyebrows narrowing suspiciously. "I wonder what is happening up there? Maybe it's my father." She chuckled, looking out the window of their room and noticing the darkness descend over the sky. She smiled, the darkness causing her strength and speed to reach a more full efficiency. "Does the dark to that to you, Neefie? I mean, it makes me stronger and happier. It causes me to have a rush of adrenaline. I love it." She grabbed his hand and squeezed, laying down with him as she kissed his face all over. "You're so adorable."

Isabel

Isabel had saw Katherine leave, trying to stop her but failing as Gerard began to talk to her. She grinned as he agreed with her question, patting his hand. "I'm glad you look up to me, Gerard. Tomorrow will be the worst pain in the world. The cravings will be the most difficult for you. What I tend to do is hold out on blood the longest I can. It pushes my boundaries. I feel more alive and full of determination when I try to hold back my hunger. It's really something to master, Gerard. I hope you try to do that." She smiled at him, downing her drink as she noticed him begin to work on his second. "You know, you're a slow drinker. Makes me wonder if I'm more like a man than a woman." She stopped talking as she noticed Aros run down the stairs, his eyes wide and filled with worry as he disappeared into the night. "That was.. weird."

Aros & Elizabeth & Daemon & Nicholai & Katherine

Aros could still feel the cold on her lips as he hugged her close, his eyes narrowing as he flew through the sky. It took him almost a half hour to get back to the inn, swooping in through the window of his and Elizabeth's room. Daemon was already talking to Lizzie, pacing back and forth as Nicholai sat in the corner. Aros looked to Nicholai and to Daemon, his frown increasing. "What is he doing here?" Daemon sighed, looking over at Nicholai. Nicholai spoke up, running a hand throuh his hair. "I know I can help, and this is dire, is it not? Plus, Hope needs Desmond. He'd be no good emotionally spent anyways. I'm very good at spells and mindwork." Aros nodded as Elizabeth sat in the corner, her eyes narrowed. She was staring at her hands, not saying anything as Daemon and Aros lowered Katherine to the floor. Nicholai's eyebrows perked, his smile increasing. "Shouldn't someone go warn Adam?" Aros scoffed, looking Nicholai in the eyes. "This wouldn't have happened if Adam would have been right next to Katherine. He left somewhere according to Daemon. So whatever he was out doing, it caused her heart to stop. The last thing she needs is him freaking out over her. I doubt she can even hear us." Daemon nodded, opening Katherine's shirt, keeping her bra on for decency reasons. He wasn't fond of any man trying to gape at a woman naked. He touched her heart, his head shaking as he performed CPR. "Her heart's not beating Aros. She needs that to survive." Aros kissed Katherine's chest, darkness spreading throughout her body. Her hair turned black, her chest bearing an odd mark as her heart fluttered. Elizabeth noticed that this was the kiss of death. It would bring a heartbeat back, being that the human had already died beforehand. She sighed, curling up into a ball as a tear fell down her cheek. Daemon took his hands and put them on Katherine's chest, directly above her heart. A bright light shone out of his hand, knocking Nicholai and Elizabeth back. Aros and Daemon both placed their hands on Katherine's chest, a dark and bright light seeping out and covering her chest. The darkness deepened, her skin remaining white from the light as two marks now appeared on her chest. Daemon looked over to Aros, his eyes lowering. "It's the symbol of Light and the symbol of Darkness. That's why her hair is colored differently now." Aros nodded, making small incisions on her body where her bones had been broken, setting them in place and pulling Elizabeth to him. "Cauterize it. We need her to not bleed out." Elizabeth did as instruced, stepping back as Aros wrapped the wounds and sat back. "She's unconscious, but I'm sure her soul isn't there right now. Elizabeth. Bring Nicholai and go find Katherine in the darkness. It's our only hope." Elizabeth did as she was told, wrapping her arm around Nicholai's as the darkness pulled them in, the shadows becoming another dimension. Nicholai began to wander around in the dimension, Elizabeth snapping her fingers. "Nicholai. Stop being curious and follow me. We came here to find Katherine. Once that is done, as me again and I'll bring you to her." Nicholai began to follow Elizabeth, his eyes widening. "Right.. Sorry. I get fascinated by these things." He grinned at her, calling out for Katherine. He was hit in the chest suddenly, a scream coming from the darkness. Nicholai groaned in pain, his eyes narrowing. "Damn you creatures!" He flipped the darkness off as Elizabeth helped him up, frowning. "They.. don't like that. Around here, only Aros and I have names. Hurry up before they tear you to pieces." Nicholai ran after her, following her through a maze as her eyes began to glow blue. "She's here somewhere, right? Is there anyway to find her, Elizabeth?" Elizabeth shushed him, following a path that was overgrown with weeds. "She's around here. If you don't get back to your body within a certain amount of time, they prep you to be a creature of darkness. Right now, she's in the prepping stage."

They came upon a dense shrouding, a small flame lighting up the camp. A line of sorrowful souls stood, one looking as if it were Katherine. Elizabeth grabbed her, shaking her. "Speak. Now." Katherine looked away, her eyes tearful. "I need to be the darkness, Elizabeth Lockhart. I need to serve you and Aros now." Elizabeth shook her head, pulling Katherine towards her. "You're time isn't over, dear. Grab my arm and hold on to Nicholai." Katherine did as she was told, linking arms with Elizabeth as she took one last look at the group of souls. "Goodbye, friends." Elizabeth pulled Nicholai and Katherine's soul out of the darkness, the orb floating through the air and landing in Katherine's body. Aros was the first to speak as everyone stared at the orb, his eyes narrowing. "To everyone else, it looks only like a orb. To me and Lizzie, we can see Katherine." Everyone sighed in relief, sitting back to collect themselves. Nicholai looked to Daemon, standing up. "Daemon, we need to carry Katherine to her room. We will all check up on her every hour. Considering how many bones we had to fix tonight, she'll be unconscious for a while." Daemon nodded, looking to Aros. "Will the black hair ever go away now?" Aros shrugged, frowning. "I've never had to use that spell, Daemon. It's only for dire emergencys. I'm sure her hair will stay that way now." Daemon lifted Katherine, walking out the door and into the hallway. Once he got to her room, he laid her on the bed, messing with a tendril of black hair. "Rest now, young one."

Adam leaned against a tree with a gasp, followed shortly be a groan as he wrapped an arm around his side. He felt like death, and likely had the looks to match after the beating Talon had put him through. He still couldn't believe he had lost so badly. He knew he wasn't exactly a master of combat or anything, but he'd always managed to get through before this. He supposed this was what he got for being overconfident. Of course Talon would have been a better fighter, not only had he been around for God knows how long, he could actually control his werewolf form. Against someone like that, Adam had been helpless. To make matters worse, it looked as if his recklessness had put Katherine in danger. He had thought that he had been within the limits set by their link, that the distance wouldn't be harmful, but he hadn't expected Katherine to move around herself. If she had just stayed still! But odds are she had gone out because of him, so the fault still laid at his feet, at least partially. He only hoped now that he could get to her before it was too late.

Catching his breath, he pushed off the tree, half-limping, half-dragging himself along the path. It felt like it had been at least an hour since the fight with Talon had ended, making him more anxious to get to Katherine. At first, he had been attempting to get to where he had first caught her scent, somewhere out in the woods, but now it was coming from back in Losland, telling him that someone had likely gotten to her already, likely Aros. For once, he was actually glad to have the Hybrid around, as even if Adam had gotten to her, he wasn't sure he'd have had the strength to get her back to Losland in his condition. As it was, he wasn't sure how he was still standing. He didn't think Talon had broken any bones, but Adam was still beaten to within an inch of his life. Even his regeneration would need a lot of time to treat these injuries.

Catching his foot on a tree root, he let out a startled gasp and fell to the ground with a pained grunt. Panting as his vision went in and out, he tried to set his eyes on the path ahead. Losland couldn't be much farther now. He could smell people. He tried to rise, but it felt like an eternity before he got back onto his feet. He stabbed his sword into the ground, and began using it as a crutch to help him along. Every step took all of his willpower, but somehow he managed to continue putting one foot in front of the other, and soon enough he was walking through the streets of Losland towards the Inn. Half pushing, half falling into the door, he entered the common room, stumbling past Isabel and Gerard at their table. Seeing the stairs, he groaned inwardly, but forced himself to climb each and every excruciating step until he was at the top. He could smell Katherine in their room, and made his way down the hall, practically falling through that door as well, only staying on his feet through sheer will and the help of his sword.

He could Daemon standing over a figure resting in bed, and as he stumbled closer, he could see it was Katherine. But her hair was now the color of the night, and he thought he could see two symbols on her chest. "Daemon...what...what happened...?" he managed to get out through pained breathes.

Aros & Daemon & Nicholai

Aros looked towards the doorway at the exact moment Daemon did, silently looking Adam over before fixing Katherine's bandages. Daemon cleared his throat, patting a chair next to the door for Adam to sit in. "You look terrible, Adam. What the hell happened to you?" He shrugged looking over at Katherine as Aros covered her with a blanket. "She.. died. We got her heart beating again. It wasn't the best plan, but she's alive." Aros snorted, glaring at Adam. "You're lucky we saved her. If you wouldn't have charged out the inn like that then she wouldn't have left. I found her fourty miles outside of town, Adam! She could've died permanently. Thanks goodness Nicholai and Lizzie went to save her. Katherine will be out for a while, but at least she's stable. It took darkness and light to bring her back, but we did it." Daemon nodded, standing up to stretch. "It worried me for a few moments. I didn't think she was going to make it. Her bones were mysteriously broken. Who knows how it happened, but it did. I think it has something to do with the link that you guys had." He looked to Aros, who suddenly stood up, crossing the room. "I'll go get Nicholai. He can at least talk to her." Daemon nodded, sitting down across from Adam. "I suppose this wasn't your intention, am I correct?" Nicholai strode into the room, waving at Adam before grabbing a chair and sitting next to Katherine's bed. "If you need me again, just shake me. I'll be off talking to Katherine."

Nicholai closed his eyes, drifting silently into a place that was smoky grey. He saw a door near in front of him, quietly opening it before stepping in. He knew his mind was in Katherin's and he smiled, looking into the room. The walls were a golden and black mix, Katherine sitting on a bed. Her hair was black and her eyes were blue, her hair straight and untangled as it shone in the golden light that poured in through the windows. "Hello, Katherine. May I ask how you are?" Katherine tilted her head, narrowing her eyes. "I- I can't remember it all. I woke up with my heart hurting. It felt as if it was being ripped out. And I looked out the window to see Adam leave into the forest. So I thought he left me. And I left Losland. I fell when I reached a forest, and I began to shake all over. And when I woke up, I saw my body on the ground. And I was standing next to a black figure. When it touched me.. It changed me. It told me to relay a message to Aros. I cannot tell anyone but him first." Nicholai nodded, sitting down on the bed with Katherine. "What will happen if you tell me, Katherine?" A tear ran out of her eye, gliding down her cheek slowly. "I'll die. It will find me. Please, don't make me tell you." Nicholai nodded, looking at the room. "You must feel depressed in here, Katie." Katherine shook her head, grabbing onto his arm. "Not really. I feel content. Am I dead?" Nicholai shook his head, gently rubbing her hand. "You're very much alive. You'll feel no pain here though. You're body isn't in good shape. It needs to heal itself." Katherine frowned, looking into Nicholai's eyes. "Prove it." Nicholai kissed her cheek gently, bringing his lips down to her chin. "There. You feel embarassment, right?" Katherine nodded, a faint blush covering her cheeks. "Yes.." Nicholai nodded, standing up. "Then that shows you that you're alive. I'll be back soon. Adam is worried about you." He left through the door, walking into the darkness as Aros began to shake him. "Nicholai. Snap out of it." Nicholai brushed Aros' hand away, frowning. "I was enjoying my conversation with Katherine." Daemon looked to Nicholai, his eyebrows raising. "She spoke to you?" Nicholai nodded, his eyes rolling. "Of course. We talked about a message she needs to relay to Aros. She insisted that you be the first to hear this message. She said something can happen if she told anyone else but Aros. And we talked about what happened to her. She asked me to prove that she was alive, so I kissed her cheek." He looked to Adam, smiling. "Don't worry Adam. I didn't try to put the moves on your girl. She seems totally different. Her eyes are blue now. She seems.. depressing. My kind of girl, actually." Aros scowled at Nicholai, his eyes looking to Daemon. "I wonder what this message is that she needs to tell me."

Barely able to stand, Adam collapsed into the chair Daemon indicated with a gasp of pain. Daemon wondered what had happened to him to put in such a state, but answered Adam's question before pressing the issue. He explained that Katherine had...died, though they'd gotten her heart beating again. Half dead himself, Adam still managed to widen his eyes in shock at this, and then avert his gaze when Aros lectured him. He wanted to say something, anything, to try and excuse what he'd done. But there was no excuse, nothing that could justify this. One look at Katherine had told him that. Instead, he rasped out a "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." before putting his head in his hands. At least Daemon and Aros had managed to bring her back. If she had died because of him...he didn't know what he would have done. "What...what do you mean...you used light...and darkness to bring her back...?" he struggled to say, his voice hoarse from restrained grief.

Aros left to go get Nicholai so they could have someone talk to Katherine, and after that, Daemon asked what he had done. Adam weakly shook his head, trying to stay calm. "I...I saw...I saw the man who turned me into a werewolf." he managed to get out. "He baited me...and I fell for it...but he was too...strong...I couldn't..." he shook his head, unable to go any further. "Katherine...I'm so sorry..."

Nicholai came in as Adam trailed off again, sitting down next to Katherine. He seemed to go into a trance for some time, and eventually Aros had to shake him awake. He and Katherine had spoken, and apparently she had something to say to Aros, some sort of mysterious message. Adam raised an eyebrow at this curious revelation, but growled slightly as Nicholai said he'd kissed Katherine on the cheek. He stopped when the Vampire said that Katherine seemed...different, and as the others conversed. Adam shakily pushed himself to his feet. Standing up was still a monumental task, but using what he had left, he managed to get to the side of the bed and sat down again. Looking down at Katherine's face, he reached out and gently took her hand, barely touching her at all, as if afraid she'd break.

"I don't know if you can hear me...but...please be alright..." he said softly as he bowed his head. "I need you to be alright...so I can say this while you're awake...I'm sorry Katherine...I'm so sorry."

Daemon & Nicholai & Aros

Aros scowled at Adam's explanation, his eyebrow narrowing. "You knew how tender her condition was, Adam. There isn't any excuse for what you have done. She trusted you, as well as the rest of us. I'm pretty sure my relationship is ruined because I ran out to save her again." He stomped out of the room, Nicholai raising his eyebrows. "Wow. Seems like he's pretty upset with all of this." Daemon nodded, looking over at Adam. "Yes, I'm sure he's upset. Katherine meant the world to him once. Seeing her dead caused him a real shock, I'd say. Whatever the reason that you thought you could fight the man yourself, it caused Katherine pain. Which in turn caused Aros' fury." Nicholai nodded, looking over at Adam holding Katherine's hand. "The place she's in is pretty comforting. I'm not sure if she created that room, or if she had that room from memory. But it was beautiful and quiet. She must be mentally strong." Daemon stood up, pacing the floor. "Not really, Nicholai. The slightest influence from either dark or light can severely change someone. In turn, that person will morph themselves into whatever is the best fit for their favoring. Katherine has a mixture of light and dark now, meaning that she is twisting her mind to fit that of which she can handle." Nicholai tilted his head, looking at Katherine's face. "Wow. I never thought of it that way, Daemon."

Status
Not open for further replies.