Cairn War IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicholai & Ruby & Katherine

Katherine noticed Adam scoot away from her on the bed, her eyes narrowing as she hissed at him with a playful look. "Watch out.. I may bite you!" She giggled, sitting there waiting for Adam to return with Nicholai. Nicholai had been seated at the bar are in a booth, Ruby asleep on his lap. He narrowed his eyes at Adam's greeting, rolling his eyes as he picked Ruby up and carried her with him to Katherine's room. "I suppose I can go see what is going on." He followed Adam, happy seeing Katherine awake and giggling as he entered. "Adam says you're thirsting for his blood." Katherine sucked in a hiss of breath, her eyes widening in shock. "I did not!" Nicholai chuckled, laying Ruby down in a chair as he sat down next to Katherine. "I know, but it came across that way in his thoughts. I couldn't stop my mind from listening to them that time."

He put a hand to her forehead, looking into Katherine's eyes as he put his fingers on her temples. Katherine looked bewildered, her eyes roaming all over before settling on Nicholai's beautiful eyes. "What are you doing?" Nichlai shushed her, rolling eyes as he sighed and got more comfy on the bed. "I'm trying to look into your mind, Katie." Katherine nodded, closing her eyes as she heard Nicholai speaking in her mind. She began to doze off for a moment, quickly snapping her eyes open at the cold touch of his fingers on her arm. He looked to Adam, busting out laughing before composing himself once more. "She's psychologically thirsting for blood. Usually it's a root to another problem or fear. Maybe she wants to be more like us.. Or maybe she honestly has some mental disorder. Either way, she'll always hear heartbeats of non-human creatures. It helps you identify how many and what the creatures are. It's pretty fascinating." He smiled at Adam, holding out his hand and trying to look sincere. "As for reading your thoughts, I'm sorry. You came up so fast on me I didn't have time to block myself from your mind."

Tessa & Aros & Elizabeth & Michael

Aros pulled Tessa down to the ground as they reached a shrubbery, putting a finger to his lips as he spotted Elizabeth sitting on the steps of a porch. Michael had walked up to her, reaching his arm about her neck and kissing her deeply. Elizabeth was stunned at his actions, smiling as she smacked him for his behavior. Aros became infuriated, his wings growing as he grabbed ahold of Tessa, wrapping his arms around her and flying into the sky. Tessa was speechless, her eyes glittering in the sun as she looked down on the couple embracing. "Uhh.. Aros.. What the hell are you doing?" Aros signaled her to be quiet, looking down as he swooped towards them, sending a black ball of energy at Michael. The ball of electricity hit Michael on the side, throwing him down into the grass as Aros landed with Tessa. Elizabeth jumped up, her eyes showing anger and her body showing defeat. "Aros! What the hell are you doing at my home?" Aros motioned to Michael, his eyes turning black as he threw another black shock at Michael. "What were you doing with Michael at MY realm, Elizabeth? When were you going to tell me about you kissing him?!" Elizabeth looked shocked, her eyes flitting towards Michael as Aros stopped him from getting up off the ground. "Tell me or the fool dies, Lizzie." Elizabeth held her hands up, looking towards Tessa with a scowl and a plea. "I- I'm sorry! It wasn't supposed to happen.. But you didn't give me the love I deserved! I was meaning to go straight back to Cairn! I wanted you to hold me and tell me you loved me.. But you didn't!" Tessa clucked her tongue, shaking her head as she wrapped her arm around Aros. "Aros gave you many chances to understand, Elizabeth." Elizabeth growled, her arms bursting in flames as she looked at Aros. "You two have no right being here." Tessa held a finger up to her, looking towards Michael with a grin. "I rule all of the darkness, Elizabeth. You should know that." Elizabeth sighed, holding her hands up to Aros as she approached him. "Please, Aros. No more violence. He may be many things, but he's not that bad of a man. You don't want to kill an innocent guy." Aros stepped back from Elizabeth, clutching his fist. The black mist surrounding Michael began to choke him, his breath sputtering out of his mouth as he gasped for air. "DO YOU THINK I CARE ABOUT HIM, LIZZIE? YOU WERE MINE! MINE!", Aros screamed. Tessa grabbed onto his arm, her eyes blue and peaceful. Aros nodded, looking to Michael as he approached him. Michael was met with a kick to the face, blood staining his teeth as he spit blood onto the ground. "I owe you one, Aros." Elizabeth shushed Michael, looking to Aros and Tessa. "Please.. Don't leave me. I love you." Aros shook his head, frowning as a tear began to form in his eye. "No. Not anymore. You may have at one time, but not now." With that said, he grabbed Tessa, opening a portal to Cairn and grabbing her in an embrace. Once they were back in the room, he sighed, Tessa pulling him to the bed as she held him. "I'm sorry, Aros. I really am. Let's cuddle." Aros nodded, his breath coming out in between sobs. "Yes... Let's do that."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicholai followed Adam back to his and Katherine's room, carrying a sleeping Ruby in his arms. When they got there though, Nicholai began the conversation by stating that Adam had been afraid that Katherine was going to try to steal his blood. Katherine didn't like the implication of that, and Adam glared at Nicholai, saying that while Adam hadn't actually said as much, the vampire had read it in the werewolf's thoughts. "Well, why don't you try keeping that to yourself!" he said, feeling embarrassed. He didn't...really...think Katherine would do that...it had just popped up in the back of his head as a reflex.

Nicholai put his hands on Katherine's head shortly after that, sitting down on the bed. He intended to read her thoughts. Adam watched, shifting his weight from side to side a little nervously. He raised an eyebrow though, as he noticed Katherine beginning to nod off. Was she that tired, or was Nicholai somehow doing that to make it easier to read her mind? Eventually though, Nicholai seemed to find what he wanted, waking Katherine up and laughing. "Psychological?" Adam asked, scratching the side of his head as Nicholai surmised why he thought Katherine was now thinking about blood. It sounded like it was still kind of serious to him, even if Nicholai didn't seem to think so, and he looked at Katherine with a tilted head.

"So...you...uh...don't actually need to drink blood, then? That's good." he said, looking back at Nicholai as he held out his hand in apology for reading his mind. Adam frowned, giving the vampire a flat look, but took his hand and shook it anyway. "Just try not to do it again."

Nicholai & Ruby & Katherine

Katherine stuck her tongue out at Adam, her eyes narrowed as she looked over at Nicholai. "Thanks for coming up here. You may want to go take Ruby to bed. She seems exhausted." Nicholai scowled at Adam, running a hand through his hair. "Oh.. You know. I really meant to read your thoughts. Especially since they're so dull and full of boredom." He said it in a sarcastic tone, looking to Katherine as he nodded. "You're welcome. Oh, Ruby is quite comfortable sleeping on me. Plus, Hope is sleeping in our room and I'd like to not disturb her." Katherine nodded, looking away as she waved to Nicholai, who promptly picked up Ruby and left. "I can't believe you actually thought I was going to eat you. Are you that afraid of vampires?" She laid back looking towards the window as she tried to drift off to sleep. "I'm so tired right now.."

Adam growled as Nicholai sarcastically gave an opinion of Adam's thoughts, but remained silent as he picked up Ruby and left. Scoffing, he shook his head. "Man that guy rubs me the wrong way. I'd really like to punch him right in his smug face sometime." he muttered with a frown. He was glad that Nicholai had helped Katherine so much, but the Vampire was just so exasperating. It made it hard to be around him for more than a few minutes at a time. He turned to look at Katherine as she gave him grief over the situation, and he folded his arms over his chest and looked away. "I did not! I just...you said you could hear my blood flowing! I couldn't help thinking that a little!" he said guiltily. "And I'm not afraid of vampires! They just...make me uncomfortable sometimes! I'm sure you had the same thing going before you turned into...whatever you are now." he continued with a shrug. He was a werewolf, it was probably instinctive for him to get nervous around vampires.

He scrubbed a hand through his hair and sat down on the bed again as Katherine laid down, speaking of how tired she was. He looked down at her for a few seconds, then started rubbing her shoulders. "You should get some sleep. You've been through a lot lately. Just relax." he said with a grin. "And don't worry, this time I promise I'll be there when you wake up. I'm not gonna go running off again."

Katherine

Katherine lightly smacked Adam's arm for his comment about Nicholai, pain quickly spreading through her arm. She winced, rubbing her wrist and looking away. "You're lucky I'm not strong enough. Besides, Nicholai is a great guy. And no, I haven't really ever been.. intimidated by vampires. They're equal just like us. I honestly don't see why there is a huge feud between werewolves and vampires. I mean, they're people just like us." She sighed, frowning as she picked at a bandage on her arm. "Yuck. I hate bandages. Too much bandages for me. I look like a hospital patient." She rolled her eyes, a thought kicking into her head. "We need to help make this land what it once was. Wouldn't it be great?" She shook her head, her eyes turning green. "Nevermind. I like it this way. Noone can say they're better or richer now. We're all the same." She closed her eyes at the shoulder rub, her eyes narrowing as she sighed. "Be careful. I have alot of broken bones right now."

After moving towards his target, a older man who slightly hunched over, Kalar thrust with the burning poker into the right side of the chest, going right through the heart. He heard a soft grunt of pain before the man started to fall backwards. Letting go of the poker, he grasped his blade and began to slice back and forth. He only saw red for a bit before seeing the eyes of the children staring as he began to chop off the limbs of the parents. Th eyes began to bore into his soul. He reacted with a shout, more primal than angelic.

He turned toward the small mass of children, blood all over his clothing and drips of it falling from his sword. His left hand met with the hilt of the sword and he lifted with both hands up, ready to divide some poor soul in half vertically. Kalar began to bring the blade down when a thrust of pain overwhelmed his senses. He turned around to see a young woman, shuddering closer to him, her hands on a shaft of wood. Kalar began to turn around, seeking the source of his pain before he felt the three-pronged pieces of metal in his side. His right hand left the hilt and pressed down into the wound. He lifted it back up and saw his blood on it. By then, the rage he had felt left him with no emotions, no energy, nothing. Simply the reality of what he had done. He began to feel the aches of his body, of the cuts he had received from the villagers who he had slaughtered unknowingly. The berserk side of him and pushed through the pain, ignoring the attempt, but cutting down the perpetrator. His legs were filled with cuts and his clothes were now nothing but tatters.

By now, the village had grown quiet except for the cries of the children for their parents. He looked up to still see the young woman standing there, her hands still clutching the makeshift weapon. Kalar turned to her, his head slightly tilted.

Why am I still alive?

His voice conveyed his sorrow of not being able to meet Death, but sounded sweet as well.

I have killed your friends, kin, and family. Why do you not kill me?

A smile began to emerge on his face.

Is it because you are scared? Scared of the monster who has destroyed your entire life?

His smile then turned into a frown.

Well, I am nothing compared to some of them out there. Of course, I will probably be the only one you will meet. Be glad of that. You can now tell every one you meet that you have met a monster, something that had nothing, but wanted everything. In some ways, I envy you.

After speaking this sentence, he felt blood welling up into his throat. His knees could longer sustain the weight and crashed onto the ground.

And now, I will finally meet my end.

His eyes began to slowly close, his head becoming more bowed as if he was in prayer. His eyes closed, but a single tear was released.

Don't die!!

This was the last sound he heard before he breathed his last breath.

Nicholai & Aros & Tessa

Nicholai had retreated to his room, his mind stuck on the violent emotions Adam had radiated. He opened the door, Hope and Desmond sleeping in the chair. He shrugged, laying Ruby down on the bed and kissing her nose. He closed the door as he walked out into the hallway, eventually finding himself at Aros' room. Aros answered the door after the second knock, his shirt open and his eyes showing he had been asleep. Nicholai cleared his throat, looking around the hallway before smiling over at Aros. "May I speak with you?" Aros nodded, holding open the door and walking to the bed. "Sorry about the mess. Let's just say that I.. got a little angry earlier." Nicholai nodded, turning his head in time to see a woman exit the bathroom. She had very long multi-colored pigtails, her eyes large and round. She looked to Aros, smiling as she fidgeted with her shirt. Aros jumped up suddenly, looking to Nicholai with a blush. "Oh! This is Tessa Carpathia. Tessa, this is Nicholai Valentine." Nicholai held his hand out to the woman, gently shaking it as he snubbed his nose at her. "How do you do." Tessa nodded, looking to Nicholai as she became lightheaded. Nicholai suspected Tessa guessed her dizziness as a part of her long travel, though Nicholai had slowly been slipping into her mind. He read her thoughts for a few moments as she began to fumble with her bags, squinting her eyes as she tried to remember what she was going to do. "I just can't seem to remember what I was going to do downstairs.." She sighed, shrugging her shoulders as Aros shot a glare to Nicholai. He smirked, a grin forming on his face as she looked to Aros. He quickly left her head, a small chuckle escaping his throat. "I'd like to speak with you if it isn't any trouble." Aros nodded, looking to Tessa. "You told me you were going to go get us a drink. I'd love one right now." Tessa nodded, a smile forming on her lips as she looked to Nicholai. A single thought blurted into his head, clouding his train of thought.

I know you are reading my thougts. Quit it before I cut your tongue out.

Nicholai gave a shocked expression to Tessa, her giggle following her out the door. Aros cleared his throat, downing a bottle of bourbon as she looked towards Nicholai. "What're you doing here?" Nicholai looked down at his hands, a smile touching his lips. "You look like a mess, Aros. What the hell happened?" Aros shrugged, his eyes red around the rims. His hands were shaking, a sign of distress and agony. "Lizzie was cheating on me. Tessa.. She helped me see what was really happening." Nicholai cocked his head to the side, his mouth open in shock. "Are you sure? Elizabeth.. She just wouldn't do that to you. I read her mind. I felt her emotions. She really does love you." Aros shrugged again, his eyes narrowed as he started on another bottle of bourbon. "Not anymore." Nicholai scowled, rolling his eyes and staring directly at Aros. He shifted in his seat, leaning his arms on his legs as he tried to lighten the mood. "You're not going to get drunk, no matter how many of those you drink." Aros nodded, looking to the door. "I know. But the burning in my throat soothes the agony at least for a little while." Nicholai sighed, folding his arms over his chest. "What happened? Seems like you and Tessa... Hit it off very well." Aros scoffed, looking at the bottle of bourbon. "Not really. We were engaged before. She.. Saw Elizabeth cheating and warned me. She fell asleep on me after our trip." Nicholai nodded, looking to Aros. "At least you're not engaging in sexual activities like her. Cheating isn't okay just because one person messed up first." Aros nodded, his eyebrows perking up as he grinned. "Have you?" Nicholai chuckled, nodding his head as she gestured a half symbol. "Half and half. Ruby is a violent one, so I play along. I'm letting her hold out until she can't anymore. She calls me 'the man whore of Cairn'. Though sadly I haven't engaged in any activities for quite a while. I'm old fashioned. It happens."

"Pffft. Yeah...great..." Adam said as Katherine defended Nicholai, perhaps because he had helped save her life before. She claimed that she had never felt the way about vampires that most werewolves did, and didn't even understand why there was a feud between them in the first place. "The same reason anyone fights, I guess. The need to prove who's superior." Adam replied with a shrug of his shoulders. From the sound of things, Vampires and Werewolves had been warring for way longer than he'd been around. So it wasn't as if he was the first werewolf not to welcome the sight of a vampire with open arms. At least he had enough self-control not to act on those instincts, regardless of what everyone seemed to think of him. Even Katherine hardly seemed to think more of him than that sometimes.

Katherine thought aloud about what things might be like if the world could go back to the way it had been in the past, before dismissing the idea, thinking things might be better off now. "Haha, I don't really remember enough of how things used to be to compare the two. I was only a kid when the war started." Adam commented, remembering that Katherine was old enough to have seen much more of how the world had been than he had. It was still a strange thought, knowing that Katherine was so much older than him, yet looked almost younger. But he would be like that too, assuming he lived long enough.

"Don't worry. I'll be as gentle as a lamb." Adam said as Katherine pointed out how many broken bones she had, and that he should be careful. True to his word, he rubbed her shoulders as gently as possible, being careful to stay away from any spots that might be injured. "I know you and everyone else thinks I'm just a hothead, but I can be careful when I try." he said with a shake of his head.

Katherine

Katherine looked to Adam as he stated he didn't remember much of what life was like before the war, her eyebrows perking before she chuckled. "Well, there was alot of technology before the war. They had these weapons called guns. Very dangerous, but people handled them accordingly sometimes. There were blood banks, super markets.. Alot of things that noone knew of here. I mean, I'm glad we can't go back to those times. Crime was worse back then. So was the government. But now.. Now, everyone gets along peacefully. Everyone is actually not as evil." She shook her head at the memories, her eyes turning gray as she looked into Adam's eyes. "The werewolf and vampire war really wasn't about who was superior. It was more over who had what land. Also, vampires don't like the smell of werewolves. So in reality, they never were meant to get along I guess." She smiled, her eyes shining as she recalled a decent memory. "My father used to tell stories about what he said were hot and cold beings. We'd sit around the fire inside our cottage and he'd get the story started. He'd say that the cold ones were dangerous, though they could control their hunger and lust for humans. The hot ones were unsatiable and took the shape of a giant dog. They usually couldn't control themselves around humans. Little did I know, my father was right. It took me many centuries to try to control myself. I always wonder if that is why my sister could be alive. I'd like to think that she's not a werewolf. It's said that if a vampire bites a human that has been bit or scratched by a werewolf, that it'll reverse the curse on them and instead they'll be a vampire. I'd like my sister to at least be able to control herself as a vampire and not live with guilt as a werewolf." She touched Adam's arm, sending the memory to him unconsciously. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that."

Katherine explained a little of how the world had been before the war, and Adam listened with a curious look on his face. A lot of it did sound kinda familiar, but it was all vague at best. He had spent so much of his life in the world as it was now, it was hard to really think about it any other way. Although, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad, living in those times. He couldn't really say. "It sure sounds...different." he commented as he moved his hands down to rub at Katherine's back a little, being careful to avoid anything broken. "I don't know if I'd say the world is any more peaceful or not though. If it was...my village wouldn't have been destroyed because that bastard Talon wanted to have a little fun." he said, glancing away with a frown. She spoke of Vampires and Werewolves, and why she thought they had been fighting for so long, and at the end, he let out a sigh.

"Does that mean...we're never going to get along with the others? Luna and Nefarious? I've seen how they look at me sometimes...they don't trust me. And it's hard to let my guard down around them too." he thought aloud. He didn't hate or dislike any of them, but so often he felt...uneasy around them. "Maybe we're just...too different?"

She began speaking of her sister again, and Adam raised an eyebrow as Katherine voiced her thought that maybe her sister wasn't a werewolf like herself, but maybe a vampire. She touched his arm, and he pulled back slightly as a memory that wasn't his own jumped into his head. A memory of a family, sitting around a fire, telling stories. It was a warm memory, triggering Adam's own memories of his family, long dead. He missed them more than words could ever describe. "It's...it's alright. I'm fine." he said after a minute to collect himself. "A-anyway. If she is really out there, still alive, maybe you'll find her one day. I'd like to meet her too."

"What was she like?"

Nefarious Darkhart

Nefarious didn't miss Daemon rolling his eyes. Never the less though, Nefarious didn't really see it as that dire. Especially when she was saved. Sure, she's not the same way as before. But sometimes change can be good. Nefarious would know after escaping the clutches of his former mistress that tortured and humiliated him back in his past. He came out a better person for it. Not to mention stronger. Once Luna mentioned about visiting Katherine, he was cut off from saying anything by Daemon. Nefarious smirked at Luna when she pouted. "Its fine love, we can see her once she has better control of herself. For now though, we need to worry about our children and you." he replied to her smiling.

The others could do as they pleased, but he wasn't too worried about them, he was worried more for Luna's safety. He looked to Daemon with a serious expression on his face. "When will I be able to train Daemon? I would like it to be very soon. I need to be ready as soon as my bastard father makes a move. Truthfully, this waiting is making me very antsy." he waited for Daemon's reply.

Gerard Targonne

The demon inside him chuckled and pressed back against the power of Isabel. Gerard was trying his hardest to hold back the demon inside him as perspiration started dripping down his face. Gerard heard someone offering their help to Isabel but the words were blurred. As he was laid down on the bed and strapped down. He went unconcious sometime after drinking the blood and laid there twitching a small bit. Inside of his head he was waging a battle against the demon. "You will not have me this time vile beast, i'm stronger now and you know it!" he yelled at the demon inside of his dream. The demon looked at him chuckling. "Gerard...poor poor Gerard. You may have killed my brother, but i will always be here. And once you lower your guard your body will be mine indefinently." The demon laughed a high-pitched screech and faded into darkness leaving Gerard's body alone for now. Gerard opened his eyes an hour later and looked at Isabel. "He's gone now, but he's still there. Thank you for helping me Isabel. Without you, that demon would of controlled my body and my soul would of been lost." He smiled weakly. He looked exhausted, but he smiled anyway like it never bothered him.

Luna & Daemon

Luna nodded, rubbing her stomach and looking to her father. "Is she awake?" Daemon closed his eyes for a moment, a smile forming on his lips as he nodded. "From the looks of it, yes. She looks alot different now, Luna. Alot like you in a way." Luna narrowed her eyes, putting her hands on her hips. "Just what is that supposed to mean?" Daemon chuckled, putting his hand up as he sucked in a breath. "Your hair color and length. Don't worry, she still smells like a werewolf. It's just her hair and looks. They're different." Luna nodded, smiling as she went and sat on Nefarious' lap. "Well, I suppose waiting to see her is the best thing. Juju doesn't think so, though." Daemon tilted his head at her comment, looking around the room. "Who's Juju, Luna?" Luna giggled, pulling out her coin and showing it to her father. "Juju helps me. He's been my first friend since you made me leave." Daemon nodded, his eyes softening as she became sad. "I never.." He cleared his throat, looking away from the couple. "I felt great pain that day. I never got the chance to apologize for the things that happened. It's just.. Fallen angels are forbidden there unless it is a special thing. It's hard to explain." Luna touched her father's hand, looking into his eyes as her hair fell over her face. "I understand. It's okay. I mean, if I wouldn't have been kicked out, I wouldn't have met Neefie a couple years later. He was the best thing to happen to me." Daemon smiled, shifting his arms to his knees as Nefarious asked him a question. "We'll figure it out, I'm sure. Most likely we can start today or tomorrow, given how Luna is feeling. I want the best for her. Plus, you have time. Caleb and Violet are here to help you all. Accept the offer for goodness sake." He stood up, looking to Luna and kissing her cheek. He shook Nefarious' hand, walking towards the door. "I'll be back in a coule hours. I should go check on Katherine." Luna nodded, smiling at his gesture and waving. "Bye, dad. I'll keep the babies safe."

Isabel

Isabel smiled as Gerard woke up, huffing a sigh of relief as she realized how much blood she had to give him. "Whew. I thought I was going to bleed to death trying to force that demon back." She licked her wound, the cut slowly healing as she pushed her hair out of her face. Blood had fell onto her clothes, her eyes dull and lifeless as she looked into his eyes. He was smiling, though Isabel could see the pain in his eyes. "You need to rest. I can't untie you until I figure out how to reverse this. There's always a catch with these sort of things, right?" She frowned, leaning down and kissing his cheek. "I'll sleep in the rocking chair. At least I know I'll be here if anything should happen. I'd hate to see what that demon is like in full swing." She looked around, her eyes narrowed as she smiled at him. She turned her back to Gerard, taking off her clothes and putting on new ones. She felt better after that, sitting down in the rocking chair as she began to suck on blood from her finger.

Katherine

Katherine shook her head at Adam guess, her eyes turning brown again. She picked at the bandage on her hand, her eyes narrowed as she concentrated. "Actually, we're not that different from them. Werewolves, when not in control, are bloodthirsty. That is how a vampire is when not in control. We're more alike than anyone thinks. My father only compared them by that stand-point, and he was always correct." She smiled as Adam asked about her sister, a sadness falling onto her emotions. "She.. was spunky and beautiful. She looked up to me as much as she could. Whatever I could do, she had to do ten times better. She had white hair like mine, though if she is alive now she probably has a different color of hair. She was very serious when needed, though she was the best to get along with in a room. She was always good at everything she did. It makes me wonder how I was always praised and she wasn't. I mean, she could do so many things better than me. She didn't date anyone. I disobeyed everyone, and was courted alot back then. My father was always proud of her."

Adam knew exactly what it was like to be a Werewolf that had no control, having been one for the last decade of his life. It was still difficult to remember what exactly happened when he changed, but what little he did gave him enough to know he wasn't exactly heroic. He was just lucky he hadn't hurt anyone but demons in his last transformation, although he was still nervous that someone in Losland would figure out that had been him. She moved on to talking about her sister, and Adam listened intently, seeing that it was somewhat bittersweet for Katherine to talk about her. "She sounds nice. Haha, sounds like she was nicer than you." he said jokingly as Katherine pointed out that compared to her, her sister had been less of a troublemaker.

"I never had any brothers or sisters. So I don't really know what it's like to have a sibling. It sounds like it was fun. though." he commented with a grin. "So...you had a lot of courters huh? Should I be worried?" he asked sarcastically, resting his hands on her shoulders for a minute after massaging her for awhile. "Maybe when we find your sister, I should have her tell me about what you were like in the past. I bet she'd be able to tell me a lot of interesting stuff."

Katherine & Daemon

Katherine narrowed her eyes at Adam, growling deeply. "She was nicer, but watch what you say or I'm liable to hurt you." She laughed as he joked about her courters, her cheeks flushing for a moment as she nodded. "My mother wanted me to marry into a wealthy family. Unfortunately, I didn't want that kind of life." She looked up into his eyes as he commented on asking her sister about what Katherine was like in the past. "Oh.. I could tell you the sum of it. I worked hard for everything I have today. I'm a hardworking person. Back when I was young it was custom for the women to stay inside and cook for the men. Except my dad knew I was different. I'd plant flowers in the yard and help him haul hay and feed the livestock. I planted crops and even worked on machinery after I became a werewolf. There wasn't a day that went by that I wasn't busy doing something that involved hard work. My sister was the total opposite when it came to that. When my sister was born my mother took her to balls and dances. They would buy various dyes from the fabric maker and create makeup. Back then, things were hard to come by. So my sister and mother figured out how to look more beautiful. They were inseperable. As for me, I didn't have any interest in making myself look any better than I had been." She sighed, reminiscing about her youth. "Sometimes I can smell the roses. I can still hear my mother and father speak. If only I could've turned them too, so that they were alive. Unless my father and mother were turned by my sister.." She shrugged, looking away as a small tear fell out of her right eye. "You know... It's possible that my sister was on the verge of turning and scratched them both. Or a vampire turned all three of them. That'd make me feel alot better."

A knock was heard on the door, Daemon slowly entering the room as she smiled. "Hello Katherine." Katherine smiled, her breath caught in her throat as she realized that half of her was what Daemon was. "Hello, Daemon. Do sit down. Thank you for all your help in saving me." Daemon nodded, looking solem as he waved to Adam. "It's the most I could do. It was chaos just trying to find you." Katherine tilted her head, looking into Daemon's eyes with a curious look. "What do you mean?" Daemon shot a glance at Adam, running a hand through his hair as he shifted in his seat. "You were over two hundred feet from where you were supposed to be. Nicholai had pulled me aside after he read your memories. Two people had picked you up and taken you farther than where the angel had collected your soul." Katheine shook her head, her eyes rapidly blinking. "I'm not sure I understand." Daemon sighed, looked down at his hands before meeting Katherine's gaze. "Two vampires had picked up your body and took it into a grassy field. Aros searched until he found you, but someone was looking out for you. I'm not sure what vampires wanted with a werewolf's body, though." Katherine held up a finger, her eyes drifting towards the window. "Wait.. How do you know they were vampires?" "The smell, Katherine. I know a vampire's scent anywhere." Katherine nodded, looking to Adam. "What if it is my family?"

Adam laughed as Katherine took the bait from his joke, growling at him and telling him to watch his mouth. "I'll keep that in mind, although right now I'd say you could only hurt me if I was in arm's length of you." he replied, leaning back a bit in case she tried to prove otherwise. After that, she began telling him more about her past, picking up on the question in his comment about asking her sister instead. She told him with a blush that her Mother had always tried to marry her off, but Katherine had never gone along with the idea. "Well, I'm glad you didn't. We might not have met otherwise." he commented. After that, Katherine informed him that she'd always gone against the grain, that in a time when she was expecting to stay inside and mind the house, she was doing work with her father, and had worked on machinery while her mother and sister had attended balls and dances. "Sounds...fancy." Adam thought aloud, not really able to picture himself in a place like that. He'd probably stick out like a sore thumb.

Katherine obviously missed her family, and regretted the fact that they hadn't been turned into werewolves like she had. Sighing softly, Adam held one of her hands with a small frown. "I still think about my parents too. I miss them so much, it hurts, sometimes." he said with a shake of his head. Katherine stated the possibility that perhaps her parents could have been turned by her sister, and that maybe even a vampire found them. To be honest, that didn't sound much better than being dead to him, but he sensed that Katherine needed to hold onto the chance that her family could still be out there. So he reached out and wiped the tear from her cheek. "You're right. It is possible." he said with a grin.

After that, Daemon knocked on the door and entered the room. Katherine thanked him for his help in reviving her, and after acknowledging her thanks, Daemon gave them some strange news. Apparently, someone had gotten to Katherine before the others had, and had moved her somewhere while they'd been trying to find her. Like Katherine, Adam was understandably confused by this, and his confusion only grew as Daemon revealed that Vampires had been the ones to move her. He didn't remember smelling Vampires, but then again he hadn't exactly been in good condition at the time. Katherine looked at Adam, wondering if it could have been her family.

"Well...I don't know...that'd be one hell of a coincidence..." he replied, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I mean...weirder things have happened...but if it was them, wouldn't they have hung around?"

Katherine & Daemon

Katherine looked to Daemon her eyes large as she processed all of the information. "We need to find these people! If it is my sister then she is looking for me!" Daemon shook his head, holding up his hand before leaning his arms on his knees. "I sent out a dozen angels around the area. They said there was a vampire couple holding hands. One had white hair and seemed to be a girl. The other was a tall male with brown hair." Katherine shook her head looking down at her hands before inhaling a breath. "Wait.. My father had grey hair. It couldn't be him. Who else would she be with? I know that is my sister!" Daemon shrugged, his eyes calm as he tried to soothe her. "If it is your sister she either doesn't want to see you right this moment or she didn't know that you were her sister. Either way, if you're bound to meet again fate will make it happen." Katherine nodded, her eyes worried as she looked to Adam with a smile. "I.. I hope she comes here. I'd love to see my only sibling." Daemon smiled, patting Katherine's hand as he began to inspect her heart. "If I find anything out, I will tell you first. Promise." Katherine grinned, thanking him and laying down on the bed. Daemon clucked his tongue, looking over at Adam with a disappointed look. "You shouldn't keep her up, Adam. Rest is what she needs the most right now."

Christian & Annabelle & Caleb & Violet

Christain knocked on the door of Caleb's room, tightening his grip on Annabelle's hand. "We're only stopping by for a few moments and then we can go to bed." Annabelle nodded, looking around the hallway. "I'm wondering if Katherine is in this town, darling. It's been too long of a search and I'm growing weary." Christian nodded, looking down at Annabelle before the door opened. "So am I." Caleb opened the door, his eyes lighting up as he saw Christain Le Roi. He ushered him in, quickly shaking his hand before looking to Violet. "Violet.. This is Christian Le Roi and his wife. He traveled all the way from the big city to get here." Violet nodded, standing up and bowing to Christian. "How do you do, Christian. Hello, Mrs. Le Roi." Christian chuckled, looking around the room before sitting down on a make-shift bench. Annabelle accompanied him on the seat, her eyes searching the room and her hands clutching his coat. Violet smiled, quickly sitting before looking to Annabelle. "I've heard all about the king and queen. It's great to finally see you both in the flesh." Caleb scowled at her, looking to Christian. "What brings you to this small town?" Christian looked to Annabelle, his eyes softening. "We're here to find her sister."

Katherine was adamant on finding the people that had helped her, more so when Daemon revealed that one of them, a girl, had had white hair as she used to until earlier today. Scratching the side of his head, Adam tried to wrap his head around this strange turn of events. It was all too crazy to seem likely to him, although he could see it was the opposite for Katherine. Daemon pointed out that if it was Katherine's sister, she either hadn't hung around for a reunion because she hadn't recognized Katherine, or just didn't want to meet her right now. Adam couldn't be sure, but nodded his head as Katherine looked to him, hoping that her sister really was here. "Daemon's right...if she is really still out there, you'll find each other." he said for her benefit.

After promising to tell Katherine if he found out more, Daemon turned his eyes to Adam, and the werewolf scoffed under his disapproval. "Well, excuse me. I was trying to help her relax until you came in here and got her all excited again." he replied, folding his arms over his chest as Katherine laid down again. He sniffed the air, wondering if maybe, just maybe, he'd catch the scent of a pair of vampires that hadn't been in Losland before. But it was no good. Losland was so full of mythical creatures now, Vampires especially, that trying to pin down an unfamiliar scent would be nearly impossible now. Maybe if he happened to walk right past them, he could tell, but right now there was too much interference. He wanted to find them, to see who they were and if what Katherine hoped could really be true, but he doubted he'd have much luck there. Too bad, he could only imagine how happy Katherine would be if he could somehow find her Sister for her.

"Anyway, Katherine will be fine. I'm not gonna let anything bad happen to her again." he said.

Katherine & Daemon

Daemon and Katherine both shrugged at the same time, Daemon chuckling at the timing and looking out the window. "I have to go consult with Aros. Hopefully he's still awake. Katerine waved to him as he left, rolling halfway over and smiling at Adam. "You're lucky part of me still remembers how much I care about you. If not, I'd tear your heart out." She grinned, looking away from Adam towards the door. "She's out there. I just know it. What if she's looking for me somewhere right now and I can't be there to find her too? She's probably distraught." Katherine frowned, a howl escaping her lips as she looked towards the moon outside. "The full moon is coming in a couple weeks. No wonder everyone is ancy, including us." She grinned, looking down at her cuts and sighing. "I hate these damn things. Don't you, Adam?"

Christian & Annabelle & Caleb & Violet

Caleb sat down at Christan's comment, his eyes widening for a short moment. "This is a dangerous time for you two to be walking around without guards. You know there are people around here that'd like to kill you. After all, you rule the whole vampire society. You have the very first vampire blood running through your veins. Not to mention you have the most speed and powers known to vampires. People would kill for a sip of your blood." Annabelle giggled at the statement, her eyes casually drifting to Caleb as she held onto Christian's hand. "Trust me, I'm the only one to feast on his blood. You don't suddenly become a powerful god with it, though. It does help to shape your body into a stronger vampire." Violet and Caleb smiled, nodding at Annabelle's words. Violet cleared her throat, sitting down and looking into Annabelle's eyes. "That's why you're so highly wanted. Both of you are reigning over us. If someone were to kill you and take your position.. It'd take a huge effect on the society." Christian nodded, looking over at Violet with a tight smile. "I assure you we're fine and know how to deal with what we need to accordingly. But for the moment we're trying to have fun. I apologize if I have offended you.. But I like helping Annabelle fullfil her goals." Caleb nodded, looking over at Christian. "Since we're best friends, what does her sister look like?" Christian sighed, his eyes softening as he tapped a finger on his knee. His features were stunning, his hands long and masculine. "She's a werewolf. That's all we know so far." Violet snorted, sipping on a small glass of blood before looking to the trio seated in a circle. "Good luck. There is quite a few werewolves around this area." Annabelle chuckled, looking over at Violet with a grin. "We found a body in the forest that turned out to be a werewolf. We were going to feast on it, but the smell of werewolf quickly followed and.. Well, we just couldn't eat her." Caleb looked towards the door, his eyes narrowing. "Wait.. a werewolf died?" Christian shrugged, rubbing Katherine's hand with his thumb and looking to Caleb. "It looked like it was."

Daemon left to go talk to Aros about something, leaving Adam and Katherine alone again. At Katherine's affection-filled threat, Adam laughed, rubbing the back of his neck with a wry grin. "Somehow, I feel like that's likely to happen even if you do remember how great I am." he said jokingly, sliding into bed next to Katherine and putting an arm around her waist. She was still fixated on finding her sister, sure that she was alive, and worried about the fact that she couldn't go looking herself. "You'll heal, in time. If your sister hasn't given up on you after 3000 years, I'm sure a few more days won't bother her too much." he said assuredly. He couldn't really imagine how someone could keep that kind of faith over such a long period of time, but he supposed stranger things had happened.

Katherine reminded him of the full moon, and Adam looked out the window with her, taking notice of the phase of the moon in it's lunar cycle. She pointed out that it was likely part of the reason why everyone seemed on edge, and he nodded. "You could be right. Whenever I know it's coming...I can't help but get...anxious." he said, holding on tighter to Katherine for a second. In just a couple of weeks, he would go out of control again. He would turn into a raging monster. He couldn't be here when that happened. He'd have to find somewhere, far away from any civilization, where he wouldn't be able to hurt anyone.

Adam looked down at Katherine's injuries as she pointed them out, stating her dislike of them, and he chuckled. "No one likes getting hurt." he replied, looking at a few of his bruises and cuts himself. He wasn't as bad off as Katherine, but he would be sore for awhile yet. "But better to be injured, than dead, right? I'm just glad you're still here with me. You have no idea how scared I was that I was about to lose you. If I just hadn't ran off like an idiot after that bastard Talon, none of this would have happened." he said, looking away with a frown. He couldn't help but beat himself up over this, he felt awful about it.

Katherine

Katherine sat up, looking to Adam with a critical expression. "That full moon is only two days away, Adam. You really shouldn't be here when it arrives. I know there is enough vampires to stop you, but Luna is in a vulnerable state as well as myself. This is no place for a crazed werewolf." She sighed, looking to the door with a grimace as she sat up in the bed. "Your hormones and body will be advanced right now. You may want to get to another room before you do something you cannot control." She ushered him off the bed, kissing his cheek as she looked to the window. "I can handle the full moon. I have alot of control under my belt. You, on the other hand, do not." She frowned, looking up into Adam's eyes before laying down again. "I'm sorry. I hate to kick you out. But you probably have an idea how dangerous it is to be around another werewolf right this moment. Unfortunately, the full moon has this effect."

Aros & Nicholai & Tessa

Tessa entered the room, Nicholai slowly standing as Aros laughed at something they had been discussing. Nicholai shook Aros' hand, nodding to Tessa with a firm smirk as he headed towards the door. "I will be back in a little while. There is a visitor I have to welcome." Aros cocked his head to the side, looking at Nicholai with a curious grin. "Have to?" Nicholai nodded, looking towards the open door as he rolled his eyes. "Higher authority and power than me. It's crucial. I must serve accordingly." Aros nodded, waving as Nicholai left. The door shut, creating a bang in the room as Tessa walked over to Aros, her eyes gleaming. "You really should rest, Aros. You look like hell." Aros nodded, his eyes glittering colors as he downed the rest of his bourbon. "I'm not tired. My emotions are exhausted." Tessa sighed, putting her arm around his neck as she sat on his lap. "Would a massage make you feel better?" Aros nodded, grinning and looking away from her with a secretive smile. "Well, let's get this started woman!" Tessa giggled, sitting on the bed behind Aros as she rubbed his shoulders. "You're so cute sometimes, Aros."

Christian & Annabelle & Nicholai

Christian and Annabelle had said goodbye to Caleb and Violet, Christian leading Annabelle outside into the shadows. As they reached the doors of the inn, Christian picked Annabelle up and spun around, a shadow of black swirling around him. The shadows consumed them for a short moment as Christian kissed Annabelle, gently touching her nose and looking deep into her eyes. "I will always support you, my love. Forever and always." Annabelle remained quiet, nuzzling her head into his chest as she looked towards the door. "Someone is coming." Christian nodded, looking towards the inn as Nicholai walked out, quickly dropping to his knees and lowering his head. "Hello, My lord. It's been a long time since I have been in your presence." Christian nodded, smiling at Nicholai and lifting his head towards Annabelle. "Nicholai Valentine, this is my wife." Nicholai grabbed her hand, kissing her ring and looking into her eyes. "It's wonderful to meet you, Mrs. Le Roi. May I help you with anything?" Annabelle, being a gifted vampire, looked into Nicholai's eyes. Her smile softened as she shook his hand, looking up at Christian. "Christian has informed me of your... talents. As long as you do not try to affect me or my husband, I assure you that we will get along just fine." Nicholai nodded, looking to Christian with awe. "Have you heard the news about Kain?" Christian grinned, his eyes turning a brighter red as his grip tightened on Annabelle's hand. "Yes, I have. Do tell me more."

Status
Not open for further replies.