Cairn War IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicholai & Ruby

Nicholai kissed Ruby's lips, smiling slightly. "I hope everything turns out as I see it." Ruby shrugged, looking outside as the solar flare began. "I see things failing slightly.. Though I do see change." Nicholai looked to Ruby with an eyebrow raised. "Can you see visions, my love?" Ruby nodded, looking slyly at Nicholai. "Sometimes I can see small, vivid visions. They don't really give me answers.. They add to the puzzle, though. I suppose that is better than nothing, right?" She smiled, returning her gaze to the window as a vision enveloped her.

Desmond & Aurora

Desmond hummed to himself, smiling down at his daughter and looking up at Aurora, who steadily met his gaze. She noticed Jace had been sleeping beside her for quite some time. It was Aurora who spoke first, her breath hitched as she tried to find the right words. "W-Why did you leave me there? I was all alone..." Desmond ran a hand through his hair, his blood red eyes meeting her gaze. "Because I had fell in love with you; I loved my wife enough to remove the problem out of my life so that we could start a family. My kingdom and life was compromised from that moment on, Aurora. You knew the consequences when your mother carried you up the mountain many years ago."

Aurora's eyes narrowed as she tried to control her emotions. In times like this, shards of ice normally would have sprouted around her. She resisted due to the child asleep in Desmond's lap. "I understand why you needed to go.. But you left so suddenly... I too loved you, Master. I loved you with my whole existence. Though I cannot and will not ever understand the bond you have with your wife.. Maybe this will be my chance. Maybe fate has been restored to me."

Desmond shook his head, raising a hand. "My family was torn apart by a cruel, vicious man that seeks to go against Master Le Roi and what he stands for.. My wife was set afire by murderous bastards. Do not dare try to step upon the pedestal that my soul mate has created."

Aurora, hid her face, cowering as her master chided. "What may we speak about, sir?" Desmond ran a hand through Hope's hair, sighing. "Maybe we can start off with how the community is in your town.. And then maybe I can show you how much I needed you; How much I still do need you in my life. Maybe I can show you how much I have changed.. After all; My wife is dead and I am a widow until I restore life upon her corpse."

A New Beginning
The carriages stopped as they reached Westwind. The air was cold and crisp here, though many vampires that inhabited the town were quite used to it. Nicholai exited the carriage, slowly walking to Christian and Annabelle's carriage with Ruby on his arm. He smiled, opening the door. "Welcome to Westwind, my lord."

Christian nodded, helping Annabelle out of the car and breathing deeply. "It's been an eternity since I have been here. How the time flies by..." Annabelle smiled, nodding. "It has been, my love.. It has been." She nodded to Ruby, looking over at Nicholai with a frown. "I need to freshen up.. Where will we all be staying?" Nicholai smirked, kissing Annabelle's hand gently, his fangs extended. "My castle, of course.. I have over one hundred bedrooms and halls in it. It's quite nice." Annabelle nodded, looking to Christian. "I'll have Ruby show me the way. Come back to me soon." Christian watched the two women leave, his blood red eyes looking around the town. "You have grown so much, Nicholai. Isn't it sad that I'm the only one left alive that can read your thoughts? Rather unsettling.. isn't it?" Nicholai nodded, his eyes looking down at the ground. "Unfortunately it is, my lord."

Caleb and Violet helped Luna out of the carriage with her newborn twins, looking around. Caleb stretched, yawning slightly. "I'm so tired." Violet rolled her eyes, sighing. "You've been asleep almost the whole ride. Because of that, I was forced to stay awake the whole trip." Luna frowned, moving as Daemon helped Nefarious out of the carriage. "I'm sorry, Violet.. I didn't mean for you to not get rest." Violet waved her hand, shaking her head. "You didn't either, Luna. After all... You were taking care of the twins while the men slept. Usual for the men to slack, huh?" Luna nodded, chuckling. "It is! They make me so mad." Daemon wrapped an arm around her, smiling slightly. "Aros and Elizabeth and I will babysit and help any time you two need it." Luna smiled to Nefarious, nodding and kissing Daemon's cheek. "Thank you, dad."

Aurora exited the carriage, watching as Desmond carried Hope outside and looked up at the sky. "I must get inside soon. The solar flare will be killer on all of us." He frowned, walking towards the castle with Nicholai and Christian. Aurora sighed, rolling her eyes and smacking Jace with her bag. "Get up. There isn't much time until we are locked out."

Aros and Elizabeth awoke from their deep slumber, waking Isabel and Gerard up. Katherine had left Adam in the carriage, walking to Aros' carriage and smiling at Elizabeth and Isabel. "Would anyone like to go shopping with me soon?" Elizabeth yawned, nodding and grinning. "We both would! A girls day out would be wonderful!"​

Adam stepped out of the carriage with a loud and drawn out yawn, cracking his back before stretching his arms towards the heavens. "Wow. That ride sure did take awhile. But I guess it gave me a chance to catch up on my sleep." he said as he touched his toes a few times. "Blech. This place reeks of vampire. I can hardly breathe." he muttered as he pinched the brim of his nose. He didn't think he'd ever smelled so many in one place before. It practically blocked out everything else. It made him feel nervous, especially after everything they'd been through in Losland.

"Hmph. I guess I'm on my own. Go figure." Adam said with a shrug as he realized Katherine had darted off pretty quickly for some 'girl time'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luna carried the twins inside the castle. She smiled to Neefie, waving to Elizabeth who had left Isabel and Katherine with Aros. "Luna! Wait up!" She ran up to the new mother, nodding and smiling down at the twins. "They are so adorable! I wanted to know how you were feeling since the birth.. I'd love to show you my birthplace someday." Luna smiled, nodding. "I'm fine. Thank you for asking. The twins are constantly sleeping.. It's frustrating. They want nothing but blood and then they fall asleep again." Elizabeth laughed, nodding slightly. "That's normal, Luna. They are still growing slowly. Soon they will be awake full time and your nerves will be shot." Luna giggled, nodding. "I suppose you're right."

Nicholai entered the castle with Ruby, nodding to the servants and workers. His assistant clucked her tongue, narrowing her eyes at Ruby slightly. "Sir.. Just before you left for Losland Genevieve left.. Have you seen her?" Nicholai nodded, smiling. "She was a traitor. I killed her." His assistant, otherwise known as Lyda, frowned and stalked off. Ruby tilted her head, looking into Nicholai's eyes. "Why would you do so?" Nicholai shrugged, looking away. "She deserved it." Ruby rolled her eyes, grabbing her bags. "We will talk about this later. I assure you that." Nicholai scowled, watching her walk away and shaking his head. "Women."

Nefarious Darkhart/Jace Leviathan/Gerard Targonne
Nefarious

Stepping out of the carriage, Nefarious stretched out his limbs. He felt cramped inside the carriage due to his height. But it was a nice ride after all. No disasters or attacks. Peaceful almost, though he had the feeling that they were somehow being followed. He saw Luna walking up the steps to the castle with Elizabeth following behind.

"Women...always so excited over babies" he said to himself with a smile.

He turned around and grabbed his katana and his tattered trenchcoat. He strapped his katana to his left side, then slid on his coat. He then walked up the steps towards Elizabeth and Luna, smiling to them.

"Just like their father, eat and sleep. In my opinion, thats the way to live life." He mentioned to them as he passed Elizabeth to stand by Lunas side.

Jace

Jace stepped out of the carriage grinning with a bottle of booze in his hand. He looked around and immediatly spotted the inn.
"Well, helllooo gorgeous" he said reffering to the inn. He looked to Aurora and grinned to her.
"I'll see you later on, I'm going to check out the town" he meant the inn of course, but he didn't really want Aurora to think he was an alcoholic. After he saud that to her, he was off towards the inn.

Gerard

Gerard was behind the carriage, taking out suitcases, and fighting off the servants at the same time until obe of them literally had to drag him away.
"Damnit, let me go! I want to get the stuff myself!" he shouted like a spoiled child not getting his way. But it was no use and he was put on the steps of the castle while Nicholai's servants grabbed the suitcases.

He sat there glaring at the servants with his arms crossed just below his chest.

Last edited by a moderator:
soU0gjj.png

It had been a few hours since Meriam had left and the sun still stood high in the sky. Adriana looked up once more, taking cover in the shadows provided by the foliage above her. The headache that had started this evening was becoming worse by the minute and she sat down for a moment to grant herself some rest. The aching feeling had something familiar to it, and for a moment Adriana instinctively reached to her side. The side that was now empty. She had left the ornate horn back in Dorian's house, and her rapier was still hidden somewhere along the path to Westwind. Unfortunately, Adriana hadn't been able to remember where exactly she had hidden it and ever since she had woken up again, she had regularly scouted the road to look for it. Still, in these past few months it could have been stolen, along with her tent and provisions. A sudden urge arose, making her think about

Another sting interrupted her thoughts and led her to get back on her feet. "Sitting here won't do any good either," she mumbled to herself. Perhaps Lia could help her with the stinging pain in her forehead, or perhaps it had something to do with the sun's weird behaviour. As she reached the forest's edge, Adriana looked up at the sky. There were several clouds that provided some cover and if she just...

With a smoothness, speed and grace she had only recently regained, Adriana ran, hopping from one shadow to another, making sure to stay out of the sun's reach. With some effort and slight burn marks, she reached the city's edge. In the shadow of a small house, Adriana halted to catch her breath. "Well, that was easier than I had expected..Though I'll have to return soon to get some more blood to recover... Marvelous."

Another unfortunate fact was that in her attempt to stay out of the bright sunlight, she had completely lost her way. She wandered around the city for a while before her eyes were drawn to a rather peculiar sight. A line of carriages was lined up near the city's castle, apparently some high and mighty visitors had arrived. She stood silently in the shadows, watching those that exited the carriages. There was something about those carriages, or rather those that had occupied the carriages, that was... unsettling... yet intriguing at the same time. Undecided whether to return to Dorian to reclaim her horn or follow the figures that were heading for the castle, Adriana stood, as frozen as a statue, in the cover of shadows.

Adam sighed softly before placing his hands behind his head. He still felt more than a little uneasy around so many vampires, especially without Katherine at his side. How could she get along with them so easily? Luna and Nefarious were nice enough. But sometimes their scent still made his skin crawl. "What am I even supposed to do? Should I go to the Castle with everyone else? Am I even allowed in there?" he thought aloud as he watched several members of the group going inside with the babies. "Am I even allowed here? I can't imagine werewolves are exactly wanted in a place like this."

Luna looked over at Elizabeth, fascinated at how she twirled shadows in her hands. "Tell me what your secret is." Elizabeth shrugged, grinning over at Luna. She had been perched in the window seat of Luna's room, watching as the sun began to fall. She had taken the time to practice her shadow shifting. "I guess it's just a quirk I have." Luna nodded, pointing across the room. "While the babies sleep I can show you what I do in my spare time." She raised her hand, snapping her fingers gently. She disappeared right in front of Elizabeth's eyes. Elizabeth stood, becoming worries. "Uh.. Luna? C'mon.. This isn't funny anymore!" She felt the sweat on her brow; Her breathing became rapid, though she tried to regain her composure. Luna giggled, clapping her hands behind Elizabeth. "I'm here!" Elizabeth jumped at the sound of the clap. She sighed, nodding and putting a hand to her chest. "Where did you learn that?" Luna shrugged, standing and checking on the twins. "When Nefarious and I were living in the city years ago I decided to try and learn things after I heard of the war.. Nefarious was against it at first but he quickly came to his senses when he realized we had to break into the blood bank. But that was so long ago. I almost forgot how to do that." Elizabeth chuckled, shaking her head. "Where is Nefarious?" Luna looked up from the twins, folding her arms over her chest. "My father wanted to show him some 'divine fighting powers'. I'm not sure what that meant though."

Daemon looked to Nefarious, looking up at the sun. "Now. I will teach you these simple maneuvers and how to use them." He touched Nefarious' shoulder with his index finger, watching the pain of light enter Nefarious' body. He stopped suddenly, nodding. "Since you are able to survive outside in the sunlight, this will come in handy when you face against Kain. Now remember. You can only use this when in sunlight. You need to focus on a target and bring the energy from the ground and out of your body. You then need to have the holy hand touch you, which I just did. Now you can use this power to physically subdue and possibly kill someone. Vampires are more susceptible to this and it can cause them to burn. Are you up to speed with me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.