Cairn War IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aros obviously wasn't happy about what Adam had done, and after dumping all over the werewolf, laying the earned blame at his feet, stomped out of the room. Daemon commented as well, and Adam shook his head weakly. "You think I haven't realized that? I'm not that dense." he said as he looked down at Katherine's still form. Nicholai and Daemon continued to speak about Katherine's mental status, and what had created the space Nicholai had visited her in, and Adam looked at them over his shoulder. "Is there any way you can...take me to wherever it is you went to Nicholai? Inside her mind?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. Katherine wasn't likely to wake up soon, but maybe there was still a way he could talk to her.

Nicholai & Daemon

Nicholai had raised his eyebrows at Adam's rough tone, looking over at Daemon. Adam had asked them a question about taking him inside Katherine's mind. Nicholai stood up suddenly, pacing as he looked out the window. "Umm. Adam.. I don't think you understand what I'm trying to tell you. Katherine isn't remembering much. She remembers things that happened right before her death, but I'm sure she doesn't remember you and her. The relationship and all of her past is wiped for now. In time she will start to remember things, but she's.. deranged. If I weren't that insane myself, then I wouldn't have been able to speak to her. It sounds weird, but I know what I saw. And what I saw is... Different, that's for sure." Daemon nodded, messing with a tendril of Katherine's hair. "Yes, I'd say that the darkness and light consumed her memories for now. There are ways to fix that, but for now she's very dangerous if you cross her the wrong way. Even in her mind, she can hurt you." Nicholai nodded, looking to Daemon. "If you say it's okay, then I'll take him with me on my next visit. I'm looking out for the best of Katherine. If you begin to upset her mind in anyway, I will force you out. Understood?" Daemon nodded, sitting down on the bed. "If you think he can handle it Nicholai, then that is okay with me."

Adam turned around as Nicholai replied, looking at the Vampire in confusion. "She isn't remembering things? So...she won't know who I am anymore...?" he asked, feeling as if he'd just been punched in the gut again. Somehow, the thought of Katherine not knowing who he was in anymore hurt even worse than the beating he'd just taken from Talon. Nicholai stated that her memory would start to return in time, but it still made Adam feel uneasy. Daemon added his own two cents to the conversation, stating that the powers of darkness and light used to bring Katherine back had affected her. He said they could fix it, but for now she could be dangerous to be around. Adam sighed and sat down next to the bed again, pinching the brim of his nose as Nicholai said he could bring Adam with him on his next trip to Katherine's subconscious if Daemon would allow it. But he would kick Adam out if he caused her any distress.

"So...what do we do now? We just...wait?" he asked wearily, scrubbing a hand through his hair.

Nefarious Darkhart

Nefarious heard the running as well, what was going on? He shrugged it off though as he looked to Luna. "Probably just some people rough housing around. Besides, if something bad was happening. I'm pretty sure we would be notified." he replied as he laid down on the bed his arms folded with his hands behind his head. "Yeah, it does make me stronger. I'm pretty sure its my vampire side though. I'm pretty used to it by now." he replied to her smiling as she laid down next to him and kissed his face all over. He smiled to her moving one of his hands from behind his head to her cheek, gently caressing her. "As are you my love" he replied as he kissed her lips.

Gerard Targonne

Gerard noticed the look on her face and he looked in the direction that she was and saw nothing. Confused, but he looked back to Isabel anyways and listened to what she had to say. He widened his eyes when she said his craving would be worse tomarrow. "How worse?" he asked while she was in mid-sentence. He nodded to her agreeing to hold out as long as he could. Then she mentioned he was a slow drinker. He smirked "I was never much of a drinker" he replied, he also noticed Aros run up the stairs and he was wondering the same thing as Isabel. "Yeah...I wonder what's going on...?" he asked as he looked back to his drink which was half-way done.

Nicholai & Desmond

Nicholai looked over at Adam, is expression turning solemn. "I'm afraid she won't for a while. The only three people she remembers is myself, Daemon, and Aros." Daemon frowned at the floor, standing up as he shook Nicholai's hand. "Stay here with her. Call for me if you need help. Adam, it'll be ok. If you need those wounds healed, think about asking Aros." Nicholai plopped onto the chair next to the bed, waving at Daemon as he tilted his head back. "You smell of dog, Adam. I'm assuming it's the blood, but it's a little disgusting. Nothing I can't handle, surely." He smiled slightly, peeking a eye at Adam. "Hey... She'll be ok. She's in the best care. You're not the only one glad she is ok. That place we went to is.. not for the faint hearted. I love the dark and all, but those people were horrible looking. Thank goodness Katherine wasn't as affected." He chuckled, sending Katherine's laugh into Adam's mind. "Isn't that twinkling laugh beautiful?"

Luna & Daemon

Luna smiled at Nefarious, looking down at him. "I'm used to it, but the babies aren't. They are moving all over right now." She leaned into his embrace, closing her eyes as his hand rubbed against her cheek. "We're cold because we're vampires.. Yet I don't feel cold when you touch me. I feel warmth. Isn't that wierd, Neefie?" She stood up quickly, jumping out of the bed as she went to the bathroom and vomited. "Don't you come in here, Nefarious. I am fine. I'm going to clean myself up in the bath first." She turned the water on, looking over at the wall as she settled into the bath. She could feel the warmth, but was wondering how hot she actually had made the bath. She shrugged, closing her eyes and smiling in content. She heard a knock at the door, yelling loudly for the person to come in.

Daemon stepped inside the room, nodding to Nefarious as he entered. "Luna's in the bath?" He guessed as much, but felt awkward without his daughter in the room. "Well.. You know me. I always worry about her. She's something else. How are the babies?" As he waited for Nefarious' answer, he sat down in a chair closest to the bed, looking at the bed itself. It was ornate, a real blanket with a matress and pillows carefully made on the bed. "I'm guessing that some people have these still. After all, not everything was destroyed." He smiled, fidgeting with his hands as he looked out the window. "Hurry up, Luna."

Isabel

Isabel shrugged, looking over at Gerard. "I'd say it's like being dehydrated for a whole year. The hunger is horrible. But I'm sure the only thing that you'll be worse at is the dry mouth. It's like cotton mouth, but very much worse." She laughed, looking towards the bar. "I never used to be that much of a drinker until I realized that alcohol doesn't seem to affect me as much as it had everyone else. For centuries I was forced to blend in with society. I had to pretend that I was one of them. Imagine how many people asked me what my favorite type of actor was. Heck, I didn't even know there were actors around that time!" She grinned, looking towards the doorway. There was no sign of Aros or Katherine. She shrugged, looking back at her drink as she drained the glass once more. "The more I drink, the less of an affect it has on me. I'm just as sober as I was before my first three glasses."

Nicholai confirmed Adam's fear that, for now, Katherine wouldn't remember him. Oddly enough, out of the group, the only people she would remember right now were Daemon, Nicholai, and of course, Aros. "I...see. Well...at least she'll remember me eventually...I hope." he said, looking down at Katherine with a soft frown. He wasn't sure what he'd do if she didn't. Unfortunately, after that, Daemon got up to leave, which left him alone with Nicholai, but not before suggesting Adam go see Aros for healing if he wanted his injuries treated. "Pfft. Aros would just as soon kill me as heal me. I'll just let my regeneration handle it." he said with a pained wince. That might take awhile, but he'd rather avoid Aros right now.

After that, it was just Nicholai and Adam, and the Vampire promptly pointed out Adam's smell. Adam looked away, not knowing if Nicholai was trying to bait him into an argument, or just being jovial to lighten the mood. He reassured Adam that Katherine would be alright in the end, and that things could have been worse. When he spoke of where Katherine was though, Adam turned back to him with a raised eyebrow. "What do you mean? What people?" he asked as Nicholai then somehow...created an echo of Katherine's laughter in his head.

Adam shivered, feeling goosebumps on his arms, and he frowned. "Don't...don't do that. It's weird..." he muttered with a shake of his head. "Hasn't anyone ever told you how creepy it is to influence their minds...?"

Nicholai

Nicholai watched the way Adam held Katherine's hand, a moment of happiness touching his nerves. He played with his necklace, looking awkwardly at his hands as he did so. "Well, these people were souls. But you could tell they had been through quite a lot. They looked.. sickly. Katherine didn't look that bad. The whole place was amazing and weird at the same time. I guess I should've seen it coming." He chuckled, deciding to breath out of his mouth for the sake of his nose. Adam commented about his mind powers, and Nicholai burst out laughing, his breath coming out in hitches. "Actually, no. Either someone embraces it, or they shy away from me. Some are fascinated by it, but others think it is disturbing. But imagine all I can do to someone with my mind and theirs. I can contort your life into something it wasn't. Imagine this, Adam.... You lay down in bed and you're missing Katherine. She may be beside you, but she's in a deep coma. I can influence your mind into thinking that she is talking to you, kissing you.. Whatever you prefer. It's quite fun. I'm sure I can see why it might be creepy, but I respect your decision to say no."

After flying for several hours in the night, he saw a small cluster of lights on the ground. They were not moving and seemed to be a welcoming sight. Kalar decided to fly down to investigate if it was a ideal spot to restart his life. While descending, his thoughts turned back to the wolf couple he had left. He hoped their lives would become perfect, as his was not. Hopefully, they would find true happiness while on this world and would not need to use the charm he had left behind. He did not want to trouble them anymore with his life story, but if they needed help, he would die helping them in whatever way he could.

His thoughts meandered on this subject for a bit before being able to see his destination. In the cluster, he could see multiple buildings erected, solid looking, and loads of people in the streets. He could hear screams of joy and laughter from he was. A smile formed on his face as he could finally rest for a bit without worrying about his past and Daemon's mistakes. With time, he could probably forget it all.

Kalar flew a couple of miles away from the small festival, and began to walk towards it. His wings retracted and simply disappeared after a bit. If anyone were to look at him, they would probably see a darkly-clad man who was weary. And that sounded perfect for him.

The Vampire laughed after explaining that most people either ignored his powers to manipulate the mind, or just accept them. After that, he stated that if he wanted to, he could make Adam think that Katherine was awake right now, and that they were together. He looked down at Katherine's sleeping face again for a few seconds, before shaking his head.

"No. I don't want that. It might be nice...but it wouldn't be real. I want the real Katherine, right here. Not some fantasy in my head." he said, stroking her hand with his thumb. "You might think those powers of yours are fun, and maybe others do to, but I don't. It just...doesn't feel right. Messing with someone's head like that is in an invasion of their personal space." he continued with a frown. Nicholai had said he wouldn't do it if Adam wasn't willing, and he hoped he was telling the truth. Would he even be able to tell if the Vampire did it? He wasn't sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicholai

Nicholai rolled his eyes, looking at Adam for a moment. "Do you think that half of the vampires or humans have morals anymore? After all, half of what I influence is for the sake of the person. I can manipulate your mood, if you're open enough. If someone were to become ill, I could have them fall into a coma to try to fix the problem. I could have them think they're still walking around and talking, but they're really just sleeping. Hell, I've already influenced people's moods. It's not as bad as you think. Of course, you're thinking like the rest of the people who are against it. You think more evil comes out of it than good. Sure, I mess up sometimes and make people mad at me. Is it creepy? Yes. But it's something I was born with. I chose to embrace it rather than push it away."

Caleb & Violet

Caleb woke up from a dream, his eyes frantically rolling around as he inhaled a deep breath. He saw Violet asleep next to him, a sigh drifting out of his chest as he laid back down. The dream was a scary one, the images stuck in his mind. He had dreamt that the pack of werewolves attacked Violet. This time though, he couldn't save her. He watched in horror as she was ripped to pieces, her head finally bitten off by a big, black werewolf. The evil glare the werewolf gave him was etched into his mind, boring a weight of sadness onto him. He tapped Violet's shoulder, his eyes narrowed as he looked at her attire. She was gorgeous, her white hair gently resting on her chest as she slept. Her eyebrows were finely groomed, her lips pink and puffy. She slowly opened her eyes, yawning as she looked out the window. "It's still dark out, Caleb. What do you need?" Caleb sat up, putting his shirt on. The necklace he had received from his father dangled at his neck, his eyes red and watery. "I want to go check on Luna and Nefarious. It'll soothe my nerves. Get dressed."

"Hmph. Well, maybe if they did have morals, the world wouldn't be as fucked up as it is right now." Adam snapped as Nicholai chided him for expecting morality from anyone. He sighed, shaking his head and pinching the brim of his nose. He was still too worked up from his fight with Talon. It was making him more irritable in an already tense situation. "I suppose nothing I say will really change your mind. You've had these powers long enough to know how to use them. Though you're nuts if you expect me to believe you've only ever used them to help others." he said as he looked over his shoulder at the Vampire Lord. Anyone with such a power would be hard pressed not to use them for personal gain. Adam wasn't sure if he could, and he was glad he didn't have to find out. The powers he already had were bad enough.

"I wonder what Katherine needs to tell Aros that's so important." he thought aloud as he looked back to Katherine's still form. "Seems like there's always something going on that with them."

Nicholai

Nicholai rolled his eyes at the werewolf, sighing as he stood up. "You know, you're too touchy about things, Adam. Face it. You bear the blood of an innocent on your hands. It's there for the whole world to see. Therefore the morals you once had are irrelevant. I have killed, yes. As such, I don't think of morals that much. Sure, I am trusted as much as I trust others. I don't do things unless it's absolutely important. I control emotions. If I had no such scrupulous intentions, I would be calming that nasty attitude of yours. But I'm not. Given I've done bad things, it is expected of people to judge me based on that. But as a lord of Westwind, I have made sure my duties were for good only. I took care of those people unlike Kain. So before you say I am nuts to only use them for good, learn a fact or two. Sure, back in the day I manipulated my teacher to give me answers to a test. Or I telepathically won fights against my foes. That's totally different than saying I only do good for myself. I saved a child from being shredded by a demon. And it sickens me when people think I'm an evil person. If it weren't for me, Nefarious would be dead by now. I had planned this all out, my friend. It wouldn't have been pretty if they showed up for Nefarious unexpectedly."

He sat down, facing the window. He looked out at the people hurrying to get inside their homes, his eyes dialating as he heard their thoughts. They were jumbled, one thought in particular instantly pushing it's way into his mind. It was an old tired man telling a story to his children, his mind quickly summing up a scary story about a particular creature. Nicholai closed his eyes, listening to the man tell the story.

"Before the war there was technology. There was cell phones, guns, you name it. The war caused everyone to quickly turn on one another, and soon this was the only country left. That was before the night creatures and oversized dogs came, that is. Supposedly they had been here for years, but noone had known about them until the war. They surfaced, taking control of the remaining cities. Fortunately for us, they left this town alone for all I know." The old man stopped to take a drink, clearing his throat as he continued to speak. "Anyhow, these creatures look like us humans. But I heard from my buddy at the tavern that they aren't like us. They drink blood, and they are really pale and cold. Some of them fit right in around here, but you can always tell by some of them. And kids, you always need to stay by your mother and I. If one looks friendly, we'll talk to them. But if they look hungry then you run as fast as you can. Those things are very dangerous. I met one the other day. She had very black hair, her eyes bright red. She was with a very tall man. He had black hair too, and they had a kid with them. She spoke to me and even bought some things from my shop. She seemed lovely, but I could tell the animalistic qualities she had. Yessir, I knew that I needed to keep a distance. She paid me though, and they left back into the inn. I'm sure they're nice, but I wouldn't doubt there are more creatures there than them."

Nicholai sighed, looking back at Adam. "I love listening to stories from strangers. If this is the little bit of civilization I get here, why question it?" Adam spoke of wondering what Katherine needed to speak to Aros about, Nicholai chuckling as he relaxed in the chair. "I'm sure it's important, though all her thoughts were jumbled. I could hear angels somewhere in there, but that's all I got out of it."

Adam surged to his feet angrily as Nicholai reminded him of the blood he had spilled, and growled as he balled his hands into fists. "That's completely different! I didn't choose to kill anyone! I would never have done those things if I could control these cursed powers!" he shouted. At least, that was what he'd always told himself since becoming a Werewolf. How many people had he killed in the early years? How many people did he kill even in the first night he'd transformed? His memories had always been vague, but he remembered enough to get a pretty good idea, and the thought still haunted him. How could he not be touchy? He was little better than a monster! Just like Talon had said...

That acknowledgement drained all of the anger, all of the fight from Adam, and he hung his head before sinking back down to sit, a defeated look on his face. Nicholai had continued speaking, but Adam only nodded his head numbly in response. "Sure...whatever you say." he muttered as he looked at Katherine. He didn't think he fully trusted Nicholai, but in this instance at least, he seemed to be being honest about his intentions. The Vampire seemed to space out for a time, but Adam let him be, needing the silence to try and calm down. Eventually, though, Nicholai came back from wherever he'd gone, spouting off a response that made him shrug. "I guess we'll know what she needs to say when she wakes up..."

He was silent for a few minutes, before raising his head again to look at Nicholai. "Nicholai...are we monsters...?" he asked with a frown. He didn't know why he was asking this, especially of Nicholai, but he couldn't get it out of his head.

Nicholai

Nicholai ignored Adam's outburst, his mind reeling with the hunger of thoughts. One question perked his attention. Adam had asked if they were monsters, and he looked over to the young werewolf with a shrug. "I'd like to think of myself as human. Everyone has a monster of some sort, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that me and you are. If we were, we'd terrorize people and scare children. Those are monsters, Adam. Kain is a monster. He terrorizes anyone he can. And when people call me a monster it unnerves me. How can they say that when there are worse people than me?" He scowled, looking out the window once more. "Sometimes I'd like to see what it's like to be human. To be weak and vulnerable. But to have clarity and understanding. Then again, I'd never trade this life. I love being a vampire too much. Would you go back to being a human and risk not being with Katherine?"

Nicholai stated his view on the definition of monsters, and what it meant to be one. He believed that people like himself and Adam weren't monsters, but those like Kain were. Because he terrorized people, while Nicholai did not. He didn't like people thinking of him as a monster, and seemed to not like the topic of conversation much, judging by the scowl on his face as he looked out the window. Maybe Nicholai had asked himself this same question many times before in the past, as Adam often did? Nicholai then told him he often wondered what it was like to be human, though he'd never want to give up on the life he had now. He posed Adam the same question, if he would go back to being human, knowing that it would mean he would lose Katherine.

Adam blinked at the question, looking from Nicholai down to Katherine's face. "I...I..." he said, thinking about what he had experienced since being with Katherine. Their first meeting, their conversations, learning about each other little by little, the kisses, even the fights. Would he really trade something like that away? "No...I wouldn't. For a long time, part of me wanted to return to being human, and part of me still does. But...then I met her. I wouldn't want to lose her. I...I love her." he admitted as he scrubbed a hand through his hair. He'd finally said it out loud, and she wasn't even awake to hear him say it. It was ironic. "Even if it means being a werewolf forever, I wouldn't mind, as long as I had her."

"Now I just need her to wake up, so I can tell her that face-to-face."

Nicholai

Nicholai shrugged, looking towards Katherine as he inhaled deeply. "There's your answer. I can't predict the future, but I can help people understand. I wish I could tell what my life would be like years down the road. Then again, it will probably be the same as right now. Boring. But at least I'm helping others. That's what counts." He stood up, walking towards Katherine as he looked at Adam. "Don't be alarmed. I won't hurt her." He leaned down, gently putting his hand on her forehead. He closed his eyes, searching her mind for any stored memories. "If I'm certain, they'll be memories of you somewhere in her mind. It's like a storage bin full of things. I'm finding things with Aros and her sister... But none of you. It'll take time, but I'm trying to help any way I can. Seeing you like this is going to cause me to vomit if you don't get her back soon."

Adam watched as Nicholai began propping Katherine's memories, placing a hand on her forehead and closing his eyes. The werewolf folded his arms over his chest, waiting patiently, only to sigh forlornly as Nicholai stated that as it was, Katherine likely didn't remember him at all. "Of course she remembers Aros and not me." he muttered with a shake of his head. "Are you sure the memories of me will come back? It sounds like they're not even in there anymore at all." he said with a frown, afraid that she would never remember who he was, and how they felt about each other. What was he supposed to do if that happened? "What are we going to do now?"

Aros & Nicholai & Elizabeth

Aros began to pace in the room, Elizabeth's packing causing him anxiety. "Lizzie, just listen. I need to explain why I treated you that way." Elizabeth shook her head, shrugging her dress on before trying to fasten her suitcase. "I'm really through talking, Aros. You yelled at me. You ignored the fact that I didn't want to go to the darkness in the first place. It's like at that moment, Katherine was the only one that mattered." Aros ran a hand through his hair, glaring at Elizabeth from across the room. "You know damn well that she was about to die, Lizzie. She didn't have any time to wait for your approval. Can't you see? The more jealous you get, the more you're causing me to distance myself from you." Elizabeth snorted, standing up and throwing a glare to Aros. "You always baby Katherine. The more you do that, the more I get jealous. Stop assuming it's all my fault, Aros! You're doing things wrong too. I'm tired of being second best to that twit. Hell, I saved her ass! You didn't go get her! I DID!" She screamed in anger, darkness seeping into the room as her eyes turned black. She disappeared, the darkness engulfing her. Aros sighed, his eyes softening as he threw a chair across the room. "She'll be back. She doesn't like the darkness. She'll be back." He left the room, entering Katherine's room as he knocked on the door frame. Nicholai had been talking to Adam, his eyes narrowing in concentration. "The memories will come back. I know that for sure. Until then, we must wait." Nicholai noticed Aros knock on the door, smiling and crossing the room to shake his hand. "Hello, Aros. What's wrong? May I enter your mind and calm you down?" Aros raised a hand, looking into the eyes of Adam. "I'm fine, Nicholai. I just wanted to check on Katherine." Nicholai accepted this answer, making a mental note to talk to Aros once they were alone. "Well, she's fine, I guess. Nothing has changed yet." Aros nodded, looking at Katherine's pale face. "Good."

Elizabeth let the darkness enter her body, her eyes closed as she floated onto a large black bed. This had been the room her mother would send her to when she was in trouble. It seemed as if her mother needed her to be at least a dimension apart after doing something bad. Elizabeth laid back on the bed, her eyes opening as she took in the familiar room. "This place used to scare me. Now, it's home." A man entered the room, his black suit blending in with the darkness. "Hello, My Lord. May I ask what's wrong?" Elizabeth smiled, patting for the man to take a seat. His name was Alek, his hair black and youthful. Elizabeth had always had a crush on him, but chose to keep it quiet rather than tell him. "I'm just confused. I seem to fear what I am. And Aros.. He doesn't understand." Alek nodded, looking towards the door. "If only you'd see that a great man is here with you right now. And he has wanted you since he first met you. But because of the social rank, that'll never happen."

Adam hung his head as Nicholai assured him Katherine would eventually remember, and they'd just have to wait. "I hate waiting enough as it is. This is just torture. I can't stand feeling so helpless." he said with a frown. This was his fault, afterall. That meant it should be on him to try and fix things. But, there really wasn't anything he could do, that he could see. "I just wish there was something...anything I could do. Anything would be better than just...waiting...and hoping." He took Katherine's hand again, holding it gently, wishing it didn't feel so weak in his grip. He wanted to feel her squeeze his hand the way she always had before. It'd be a small comfort, but still a comfort.

Aros knocked on the door then, and Adam turned to watch as he and Nicholai conversed for a minute. "That reminds me, where'd Elizabeth go? I didn't get a chance to thank her, for helping Katherine like she did. I know they didn't really get along. But I'm glad she helped out." he asked Aros curiously. Given how much Elizabeth disliked Katherine, he had been surprised to hear the Hybrid had decided to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.