Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
This is a BUG REPORT THREAD!

We just updated the forums to 1.5.6

If something weird is happening, or giving you errors, report it in this thread.

PLEASE -ONLY- REPORT IT IN THIS THREAD. DO NOT SEND A CONVERSATION, EMAIL, HIT UP PEOPLE IN CHAT OR ON SKYPE UNLESS YOU CANNOT POST ON THE FORUMS.
You might end up messaging the wrong person and getting BAD information. Everyone needs to be able to see what is reported and what has been fixed. Please make sure to report bugs in the right place or we might never get it fixed!

KNOWN ISSUES STILL TO BE ADDRESSED
  • ???

I think you might have some broken bbcode (or incompatible) and it's just borking the post when it tries to process. Cause it looks like you're posting okay with some of the other posts. Sometimes when you copy-paste code out of the rich-text editor it won't process the code in the right orders! SO you'll wanna switch to the BBCode editor first to copy code for reposting!

If you post the code that gets borked in between [code] tags, we can prolly pinpoint which part screwed it all up!
I reported this issue once before with my own thread. The thread was already created and all I did was edit a typo and the whole thing coverted to html. It hasn't happened since, but just putting it out there.

Happened again here. For some reason it's happening to me more frequently than before. This time though, I have a copy of the code I used (copied it all to my clipboard incase the post got messed up)

Code:
Pattern dump

[div="background:url(http://i.imgur.com/M42hLkv.jpg); display:table-cell; width:100px; height:100px; vertical-align:middle; text-align:center; color:black;"]Paper
Eggshell[/div] [div="background:url(http://i.imgur.com/yyPxRhU.jpg); display:table-cell; width:100px; height:100px; vertical-align:middle; text-align:center; color:black;"]Paper
Limestone[/div] [div="background:url(http://i.imgur.com/FaUKEF4.jpg); display:table-cell; width:100px; height:100px; vertical-align:middle; text-align:center; color:white;"]Paper
Stormy Sky[/div] [div="background:url(http://i.imgur.com/D82SAql.jpg); display:table-cell; width:100px; height:100px; vertical-align:middle; text-align:center; color:black;"]Paper
Sand[/div]

The resulting mess ended up being quite long this time, despite the short code, but that's cause of stubborn sleepyhead me. I tried just editing the post and fixing it, after all I did have a copy of the code I used, but re-editing the post messed it up even further. Did so 'bout six or so times (probably more). Each time I re-edited, I would clear the post and then paste the code over again. Each time I saved, the post just kept on growing in size. It was as if I never cleared the mess in the post and appended a messed up version of what I was trying to place as the new content for the post. I tried using both rich text and bbcode editor, but both resulted in the same thing.

Also, not really sure if this is relevant or not (my awful gut feeling says it is) or if it is even a bug but, sometimes when I'm editing this type of editor shows up rather than this. Is this normal? o:

Nothing broken since it works for me:

Paper
Eggshell
Paper
Limestone
Paper
Stormy Sky
Paper
Sand

Try copying it from the code you just posted.

About the text editors: it's annoying but yes, Iwaku implements two text boxes for different devices. I have no idea what type of device shows which text text box. I assumed the first one was for mobile and the second one for larger screens like tablets and computers since my old tablet and computer showed up the second editor and my phone shows up the first. But so does the IPad, which has a higher processed than my tablet. So I guess I'm not much help there v.v

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: darkflames13
@darkflames13 Do you use any kind of wordpad, microsoft notes, or other text editor (that isnt basic notepad) before you copy and paste it in to the posts? Or do you write the text in there directly?

@darkflames13 Do you use any kind of wordpad, microsoft notes, or other text editor (that isnt basic notepad) before you copy and paste it in to the posts? Or do you write the text in there directly?

I write it there directly.

How do you write it? In Rich Code Editor? If so, convert the text into plain code using the button in the very right hand corner of the editor before copying it over. That should hopefully keep things from screwing up :3 If that's what you do to begin with then that really is weird.

How do you write it? In Rich Code Editor? If so, convert the text into plain code using the button in the very right hand corner of the editor before copying it over. That should hopefully keep things from screwing up :3 If that's what you do to begin with then that really is weird.

Yea. I write it all in the rich editor. It works when I post, but like I said, it messes up when I edit which I find to be a tad weird if it was the codes in the wrong since it worked out the first time.

Yeah, that happens to me too. Try coding in the plain code editor thing and see if that helps.

One of RP Conversation/PMS is missing..I never deleted it. Can I still get get it back?! *cries*
*UPDATE* Forget about this...its been fix

Last edited:
Im not sure if this is a bug or not but a friend of mine has been trying to make an account on here but it will not let her make the account

Registration is closed right now. If you go to your user control panel (where you can find preferences) and go to the link on the side that says "Users You Invited", a link will be there that you can send to your friend to invite them despite closed registration.

I've had two weird little things happen.

I got a notification for "Unread Conversation" when the message from myself.

Secondly
duO110i.png
I've tried several edits to the coding in various posts in the conversation and nothing has fixed it. This is also the only conversation of mine doing this.

When I scroll down to reply the Iwaku and goes away so I either must exit or hit forum

What? No, the editor is the thing you use to type o.o I'm trying to figure out what you're trying to say is disappearing. Is it the Editor?

What? No, the editor is the thing you use to type o.o I'm trying to figure out what you're trying to say is disappearing. Is it the Editor?
No if I meant the editor I would say it

I mean the Iwaku banner

No I do not I mean the banner

Oh :o You didn't use any punctuation so I read your reply as "No, I didn't mean the banner."

If the banner is disappearing on when you go to reply, it could be your device. Have you tried refreshing the page?

yes that I have, it started yesterday just thought it was my phone, I however restarted my phone and anything else you may tell me to do. It is definitely not my phone, that is why I have posted the problem here with the site, wondering if their was a new update or just some bug or glitch it does happen.

That's weird. I only ever access Iwaku through my phones (I use two) and I never once had that problem. What web browser are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.