BUG REPORT THREAD: XF 1.2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an error 503, which means that the main server is busy for some reason and cannot connect at this time.

When the chat is down and showing the "Lightspeed web servers" error, you can highlight the page and it shows a 503 error from the server. I have noticed that this tends to go away with a few minutes and a refresh.

The 503 issue is known. I am working with the server company to figure out a fix.

The blasted mention tags are not working! All I see is [MENTION]"name"[/MENTION]

On the new system, the mention stuff is now built in, so the old mention system doesn't work. >> The [mention] code won't do it's thang anymore. but @user will.

I have an error to report. Yesterday, a person posted a link to a thread here on iwaku that I didn't get around to looking at. When I clicked it just now, I got an error report that says:

IwakuRoleplay.com - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I have an error to report. Yesterday, a person posted a link to a thread here on iwaku that I didn't get around to looking at. When I clicked it just now, I got an error report that says:

IwakuRoleplay.com - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Pass me the link and I'll if the person deleted it, if it got moved, or if you are missing permissions, etc.

Ah, I wasn't aware of what forum it was or even the person's age. It wasn't available for me to see on the profile. Thanks for clearing that up. =3

I have my notifications set to my email account so I can instantly receive updates, but I never get emails. I had gotten them just fine before the move, but not I don't get any.

Also, I agree that the site isn't really mobile friendly, and I use my iPhone. If I could make a suggestion, I would say in the next change, maybe add in a "Desktop" option so we can switch between the two.

I have my notifications set to my email account so I can instantly receive updates, but I never get emails. I had gotten them just fine before the move, but not I don't get any.

Also, I agree that the site isn't really mobile friendly, and I use my iPhone. If I could make a suggestion, I would say in the next change, maybe add in a "Desktop" option so we can switch between the two.

Check to see if Iwakuroleplay.com emails are getting sent to your spam folder! If you get a LOT of email alerts, some providers will flag us as spam.

And there is a style called "Obsidian (Non Responsive)" that has all of the mobile responsiveness turned off.

There were also a couple mail servers that were completely blocking the new server. Supposedly that has been fixed but I can check later tonight to see if it is still happening and if it is affecting you specifically

Yeah my spam box was taking them all, which is weird because it only started after the server move. I'll edit it though, thanks anyways!!

Groups are totally wonky on mobile in terms of formatting; pages are uneven, text overlaps and

Text
Being
So
Broken
Up like
This

Is hard to read; any way the group logos can be hidden or relocated on mobile?

Groups home first loaded
20sal2b.jpg

How it looks zoomed out
28gtogh.jpg

Text overlaps in threads
w9g2ag.jpg

Group individual pages are a little uneven, too
2ym7xud.jpg

Taken on iPhone 5, up to date OS, using Safari browser

@Minibit do you do anything on here but complain? ;)

@Diana I thought you had fixed all the formatting issues :P

@jared555 I love the rest of the site, I love the addition of a second light theme, I love how much mobile version has improved in the last updates

But this is a bug report thread, and I'm trying to help :P

I can't fix the groups stuff myself, but the add-on designer said he will have that fixed on the next update he rolls out. D: There's just no ETA on when that'll be.

• Thank You
Reactions: Minibit
This isn't all that major, and really it could be the IPad not loading pages correctly, but often times spoiler tags do not display the proper 'extend' option. Refreshing the page helps, but it's happening so often that I thought you should know about it. I apologize beforehand if the issue has already been reported.

While I'm at it, I might as well inform you that the user cards, the things that pop up when you click on someone's username, are quite dark on Opal. The only information I can read clearly is the information typed out in white font. I think this is the case for the other light backgrounds as well.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Minibit
So today I checked out the RP Catacombs, City and Cove logs. They all appear to have been nearly completely wiped out. The only place that seems to be exempt from this is the RP Lobby, the RP Bar and the RP Bordello Inn. All other places seem to have their logs nearly completely removed despite the fact that they were there a few days ago. Is this some sort of a glitch or are we preparing for new year's?

Status
Not open for further replies.