3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Last edited:
//arises from the ashes of deadline land

OH HELL YES.
I finally have time to check yer skellies~

An info bomb should be coming in later as well and I might add in more specifc roles depending on what I find in my research.

@Kythera , will you still be joining us with the second character you posted?

• Thank You
Reactions: Rae
Soo.. A question.. People have pets now?

Soo.. A question.. People have pets now?
It's not required but yes, people now have the option of giving their characters pets :)

I'll be finishing my character tomorrow for sure. I will be gone for the entirety of next week, however. Just a heads up.

• Thank You
Reactions: darkflames13
I will start working on a CS for my mafia character, who will be on the advisor's side of things. Just letting ya'll know.

• Thank You
I will be editing my character a bit more tomorrow after I get back from work.

Hopefully I can make her more interesting.

UPDATE #3 !!
Warning: Massive update ahead.

Accepted Characters
After finally getting the time to check some of the character sheets, I am pleased to announce that our numbers have now grown. Meet @Tyrannosaurus Rekt 's Saverio D'Ambrosio who'll be filling up the role of the advisor!

Accepted players may now form relationships with their respective characters.

Haven't checked all completed cses still. Sorry about that ><. Halfway there though so anyone with a completed cs should be receiving a character review from me (and possibly along with one of my co-mods) soon.

Meet the Nightmare Trio!
In case you may have missed my rushed announcement the other day, I've now recruited three people to help me moderate this role play. These people are the Nightmare trio (as they liked to be called) and are comprised of The Headless Horseman (@Nemopedia), The Grim Reaper (@Princess Misaou), and lastly The Grudge (@Rice Cracker). Their roles are as follows: //copy pastes from earlier announcement

Nemopedia / Nemo / Pluvy / evil NemoPluvy will handle rule enforcement. If any one steps out of line, you'll be answering to her.
Princess Misaou / Misa will handle continuity, ensuring that there are no discrepancies in the IC posts and whatnot.
and lastly, FieryCold / Fiery / Cold / Rice Cracker / Ricey / A plethora of other names will handle activity. She's here to ensure you guys are still alive .
I demand that you respect them (and me as well ofcourse) otherwise bad things will happen and you guys wouldn't want that now would you? :>

Character Pets
A question was asked whether or not characters are allowed to have pets. My answer? I'll allow at most one pet per person. I'm limiting it so that the respective Mafia HQs don't get overrun with pets. The limit, however, also applies to those characters who're part of the police force just because I fear that someone would come along and make a character with a whole plethora of pets; a pet army.

New Rules: Revision Limit & Skeleton Deletion
We've went ahead and decided to add in some new rules for character creation (sorry guys)

8. Revision limit. Characters that have been reviewed once may only reviewed for revisions three times at most. The first being when the player has accomplished their character sheet; the second being when the player makes the first set of revisions, this second check is to see whether the necessary revisions truly have been made or not, more revisions may come after this which is why there's a third check; the third check is for when we ask for you to make more revisions after the second time. If even then we do not find your character up to par / there's still too many that needs to be changed, then the character is rejected. You are free to try signing up again though, even with the same character; but if you do try signing up again with the same rejected character, we'll be even stricter with checking and wont allow any room for you to revise--it's either accepted or not.

Just to clarify, this does not mean that accepted character may no longer revise / alter things in their cses. This rule only applies to those character sheets with pending approval. However, I do not wish to see anyone abusing this by making revisions just to get their character approve and then reverting back to the previous when it the character has already been approved. Anyone caught doing this is automatically thrown out of the RP as that would be a show of great disrespect.
9. Skeleton Deletion. I would prefer it if rejected skeletons as well as the skeletons of those who've dropped from the role play are deleted from the thread. With that said, I'll give people a set amount of time (one week) to save their character skeletons then after these skeletons will be deleted from the Sign Up thread. This is to prevent clutter and lessen the amount of confusion as who's still in the role play and who's not. In the event that a dropped out player has not managed to save their character skeletons, don't fret. I promise to keep a copy of them so just message me if you want a copy. :)

Resource Drop: Italian Orphan Names
So dearest evil NemoPluvy has noticed that a lot of you guys have been making orphan characters and has provided us all with more information regarding Italian orphans:

Nemopedia said:
Italian orphans are taken in by the church
the Catholic church, cause Italy is religious like that.
and then you have these Italian orphan names so that these kids have surnames
Here's a handy list of Italian orphan surnames that she's provided [link]. Don't forget to thank Pluvy for this ♥

Info Bomb: Mafia Hierarchy, Role Renaming & Specification
Boss / Capo Famiglia - The one who has the final say in all matters. Basically the leader. This is filled by the deceased Gianfranco Carlevaro

Consigliere - The impartial advisor. Pretty much equivalent to the advisor role in the role play, minus the power of being second in command.

Underboss / Capo Bastone - The second in command. Now, what I listed before as second in command was the advisor, however since that role would be equivalent to the consigliere now, the underboss shall be the daughter.

I'll be altering the Characters section accordingly to this new information. Not really much of a big change except now 'the advisor' no longer has power. Gianfranco still considered him to replace him as leader however, due to the same reasons as before which would be because he worries that the daughter is still too young and too naive (and too wild).

Edit: I just realised I never gave the advisor the power of being second-in-command. So yea. Pretty much hardly any changes except now there's an actual official rank name :'D something something it's too early for me to be doing this.

Now onto the lower levels of the hierarchy and the more specific roles that people now have to choose from:
Capo / Caporegime - "The capo, or caporegime, is the captain or lieutenant of a division within the Mafia. He heads a crew of soldiers and reports directly to a boss or underboss, who hands down the instructions."

Soldier - "the grunts of the organization who do the majority of the "dirty work." It's the place where the kids start off: running errands, making deliveries, picking up cash, and generally sticking out their neck in the hope of making a name for themselves by demonstrating their loyalty to the organization."

Associates - "Associates are not actual members of the Mafia but rather anyone who teams up with them on a criminal enterprise of some kind. They could be someone who does business with the mob, including money-laundering bankers, crooked cops, lawyers, politicians, drug dealers, etc."

Do note that I'll only be accepting a handful of Capos (probably 3 each side for now). It simply wouldn't make any sense for every character to be a Capo. I haven't really decided yet how soldiers are going to be divided among the Capos; probably going to be random or maybe by dice roll... unless you guys have any suggestions? Suggestions are always appreciated.

[Hierarchy Source]

Resource Drop: Mafia Slang
So while I was searching for the Mafia hierarchy, I stumbled upon this beautiful list of slang used by the Mafia and thought I'd share it with you guys for future IC reference ♥ [Slang list]

I was supposed to add more info to this update, but I needed to get this out asap so here you guys go. I'll be posting more information later on ofcourse, for now I'm gonna throw this at you guys and let you digest it all before I throw in the next info bomb/s. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me or my co-mods :)

Fun fact: Was supposed to get this up like six hours ago but I fell asleep while writing it.

Last edited:
my cs is up, and if there is anything that needs editing, changing, let me know.

• Thank You
I apologize for the delay on my CS. I'm trying to put forth my best effort possible, but I'm crazy busy this week. Things should calm down next week, though.

• Thank You
Boop~

Hi there, I'm just gonna peek my head in and-
(Internally screams at missing out on so many pages worth of...stuff, both CS's and OOC stuff)

Welp, that happened xD. I'm gonna try and finish that CS that never got posted because it was deleted when my laptop died now ^.^

or, at least... I will if you don't mind @Mother Flakes

Boop~

Hi there, I'm just gonna peek my head in and-
(Internally screams at missing out on so many pages worth of...stuff, both CS's and OOC stuff)

Welp, that happened xD. I'm gonna try and finish that CS that never got posted because it was deleted when my laptop died now ^.^

or, at least... I will if you don't mind @Mother Flakes
I don't mind. Sign ups are always open ~ :)

Just in case anyone is wondering where I've been the past few days and where I'll be the coming week:

It's finals week next week for us, while I don't have any final exams I do have a plethora of deadlines. I've also been focusing on the other role plays I'm in since I owed them posts. Just thought I'd throw that out there as well for transparency. Anyway, considering that the major roles have been filled, I'll most likely open the IC the second week after finals have passed for me (so next next next week / three weeks from now). Exact date is probably gonna be April 28. Probably. I might decide to make it earlier, who knows.

Those with unfinished CSes / CSes still in character review need not worry! Again, all major roles have been filled so there should be no more competition for roles / slots any time soon.

To those who've still yet to receive a character review, don't worry as well. I haven't forgotten about you guys I'll be sending out the rest of the character reviews by Saturday my time (hopefully; it's Thursday here by the way, just so you guys have an idea on when to expect a review). If Saturday has passed and you still haven't received it by then, then you have permission to scream at me and pester me for it.

I'll be around to entertain any questions of course. Information will be dropped on Saturday as well, this time it'll be relating to the police force, specifically Italian law enforcement and what this means for the role play.

//runs off to class now

UPDATE #4 !!
My name's BlurryFlakes and Ifellasleepwhilewritingcharacterreviewslasttheothernight. OTL

• Character Reviews
As I've mentioned, I fell asleep and everyone knows I'm a lazy cat in the mornings so the promised character reviews are a day technically two days late (I'm sorryyy ;A;). Still have a couple more to go, mainly those posted the past week (which would be Akashi's and Haruka's). Reviews for those remaining finished skellies will have to come after my last few project deadlines have passed. Sorry about that ;w;

To those who I asked for revisions, please please please do inform me when you've edited your skeleton accordingly so I know when to check again because otherwise I wont. I don't constantly read all your skeletons to see if you've edited something major, that would just be ridiculous of me to do.

@Akashi and @Raven Haruka , expect the reviews for your characters to come around either Wednesday or Thursday evening (Philippine Standard Time ofcourse).

@Meng , I'm sending in yours later, like hours later. Sorry. I would finish working on it, but have to be somewhere early tomorrow today.

• La Morte: A Brief History
La Morte is a Mafia of Sicilian origin that's been around since the 1940s. Under the lead of a bold and extremely ambitious leader, La Morte moved from Sicily to the Veneto region, specifically to Venice, in 1960. Several men were lost in the process, all not wanting to move away from their roots. Others stayed in Sicily, declaring themselves still part of the family but operating in Sicily. Unfortunately for La Morte, their then leader was selfish and self-indulgent. The fact that they were now in unfamiliar territory made it worse. It marked the decline of La Morte. Upon finding out about this, their Sicilian operatives all began to disperse and latch onto other families, only few of them remained. For years La Morte's name grew weaker and weaker.

This lasted until Gianfranco's father, Amando Carlevaro, came into power in 1979. The man started the ascent of La Morte's name. He did everything that the former leader should've. But he was growing old; Amando Carlevaro knew that he wouldn't see the greatness unfold. He wanted to ensure that he was leaving La Morte under capable hands, under someone who will make sure that the greatness happens, someone who wouldn't waste his effort. He already knew that he was passing it on to his only son Gianfranco, but he wanted to make sure that the boy was worthy. Thus, he tested the boy. He challenged him to prove his worth. And Gianfranco did. In 2003, at the age of 63, Amando left the Mafia to his 36 year old son. Two years later, Amando died, but before he did he got a glimpse of how Gianfranco reigned his decision to put his son into power was one he didn't regret.

tl;dr: La Morte already existed but it's power declined greatly and was at the brink of death when Amando Carlevaro came into power. He started La Morte's road to greatness, Gianfranco continued it and successfully made La Morte the feared Mafia that it is today.

I tried to not make it conflict with what anyone has written already. If it does, then I apologise but you have to change what you've written. (Though I'm fairly certain there shouldn't be any, not with the accepted characters at least).

Rekt, the part in Sav's bio about Gianfranco starting a band of thieves work, consider it to be how Gianfranco proved himself to his father. No need to change anything there.

• Colours
This is a reminder for people to make sure your skeletons are readable on both dark and light themes. I cannot stress this enough. One of my co-mods use the light theme and another switches back and forth between the light and dark theme, depending on what she feels like. It is important that anyone, regardless of the theme they're using, should be able to read what is on your cses. This is in the rules actually and I can honestly reject several of you guys for it, but I wont. Just make sure that in the future, make sure that what you're posting is readable on any theme. If I catch anyone making an IC post that isn't readable on the dark or light theme, I will hang them, slit their throats, or send them to the guillotine (or maybe even all of the above).

• Info Bomb: Italian Law Enforcement
//throws link at you guys [LINK]
That pretty much explains things. Kudos to the lovely evil Nemo Pluvy @Nemopedia for it.
I'll explain what this means for the role play laterrrrr. For now nom on this. Chew it. Swallow. Digest. Let the information nutrients sink in and stuff //drags self to bed.

Remember that info about Italian law enforcement that I promised to put up yesterday Saturday? So. Uh. Yeaaaaaa. :'D I promise to get to that after my last set of project deadlines have passed.
Edit: Added it in.

Last edited:
Alright. I think I've gotten all the relationships settled for the accepted character that would know Sav, but I'm always open to other people knowing him or at least creating a dynamic, however loose, between our characters. So, anyone can feel free to PM me. ^^
Rekt, the part in Sav's bio about Gianfranco starting a band of thieves work, consider it to be how Gianfranco proved himself to his father. No need to change anything there.
Awesome. I was trying to be as handwavey as possible with the bits about Sav and Gianfranco. So, I'm glad it works and I'll definitely tailor future character thoughts and what not towards that. Do let me know if I ever need to change anything, though. I'll try my best, but sometimes I'm stupid get these ideas in my head and interpret things weirdly.

I will finally have my character done by the end of this evening. This past week has been craaaaazy.

• Thank You
I'm backkkk //shot

And now it's time for me to answer another "Where the hell have you been?"
No one has really asked me this, but I feel like it's only fair that I inform you guys.

[spoili]So, as of ... three four days ago ? Ye, three four days ago. As of three four days ago, my project deadlines have all passed and I've been pretty much free to do what ever I wish. The term wasn't officially over yet, it ends when the grade consultation passes (which is on the 19th), but since I no longer had any exams or deadlines, it was pretty much over for me. Anyway, that doesn't exactly answer the question of where I've been as well as why I've been so quiet here. Honestly, my answer is hardly spectacular. I've pretty much been asleep for the majority of the past three four days--except for the other day since I was with my family majority of then, but even today yesterday I've practically been asleep for the entirety of it. I guess it's me sleeping away all the sleep that I took from myself over the term that passed? Idon'tknow. But yeah, that's pretty much where I've been. I haven't forgotten the role play, I've just been...really really sleepy. OTL[/spoili]

MOVING ON! Here's another update for you guys.

UPDATE #5 !!

• Accepted Characters, Character Reviews, & IC Start Date
Here's the latest batch of accepted characters / players: Alessia Capello (@JinxMonster) - Il Sangue, Kate Sykes (@RainDash) - Police, Lavinia Vargas (@DANAsaur) - Police
Accepted characters may now begin forming relationships with the other accepted characters. You guys know the drill.

Character reviews have been sent (finally). Everyone with a finished skelly should have received one by now, if not ping me and I'll get to it as soon as possible.

IC release date remains unchanged, still April 28. I can make it earlier but I have a lot on my plate this coming week. Also, I just realised that I set the IC release date one month from when I released the SU. Never intended it to be as such but I'm quite pleased with that coincidence. :'D

• Italian Law Enforcement
And now for that explanation regarding the relevance of the Italian law enforcement link I posted in the last update to the role play:

As explained by the link, it is the Carabinieri that deals with organised crime. Now, it would be obvious for every police character involved in the role play to all be part of the Carabinieri, right? Well, yes and no. I did some research and found the Direzione Investigativa Antimafia (DIA) aka the Anti-Mafia Investigation Department which is basically what the name implies, it keeps track of organised crime. The DIA is comprised of people from all five police forces (though if you look it up in Wikipedia, under Italian law enforcement, it says that only four are involved, but for the role play let's go with all five). With that said, police force characters people will be playing in the role play will be part of DIA. In your CSes I'd like for you to specify which force you came from (Guardia di Finanza, Arma dei Carabinieri or Carabinieri for short, Polizia Penitenziaria, Corpo Forestale dello Stato)

More info regarding Italian law enforcement [here]. I just realised that the previous link I gave out only made mention of four forces, this new one lists a fifth one.

Tagging those who made characters under the police force: @RainDash @TheStarNoodle @DANAsaur

• Character Creation: Biography
I originally made the bio optional but now I'm worried that all of you choosing to reveal your characters' bio during IC will... well, I'm just worried of how it's going to turn out. I don't want to suddenly be bombarded with something that's a tangent away from being real. With that said, I'd like to request that the bio be filled out with at least the major events / turning points in your characters' life. You can have it in bullet points if you loathe writing bios so much, as long as it's readable, understandable, logical and chronological then I have no qualms.

As per always, if you guys have any questions relating to the role play then please don't hesitate to throw 'em at me. :)
Fun fact: My laptop's cooling system went down as I was typing this post. :D OTL Time to open my bby again.

Last edited:
Wait.

THAT BIO WAS OPTIONAL?
Still would have done it but now I am dead bc I keep accidentally overachieving

Also everyone, please keep in mind that Kate also has ties to the mafia, so theoretically she can have a relationship to all the accepted characters~

Ugh I'm sorry I haven't been able to work on my character! Life is crazy, crazy. I should have it done by the end of the week, as I'm putting a lot of mental energy into it for the first round. XD

Ugh I'm sorry I haven't been able to work on my character! Life is crazy, crazy. I should have it done by the end of the week, as I'm putting a lot of mental energy into it for the first round. XD

It's fine :) Take your time. You have a full month to finish your character.

I have this Godawful habit of disappearing unannounced and I apologise for it. I have no excuse apart from personal issues that I do not wish to discuss here. I also apologise that the IC has been released two hours after the promised day which is the 28 in timezone </3 //sad face. Unfortunately I got home late yesterday and wasn't able to work on it earlier. Then there was the whole matter of falling asleep :'D So basically, the IC has actually been up and open for... around 8 hours now I think? I just fell asleep and wasn't able to announce here. Whoops.

In any case, here is now :'D
OPEN SIGNUPS - Blood & Water : A Mafia RP
IC link will be added to the navigation at the top on all threads.
Feel free to post whenever. You do not need to wait for me to make the first post (though technically, I already did)

As per always, if you have any questions, do feel free to ask.

Edit: OH SHOOT! I forgot. Posting guidelines.
Please include a character banner in your post as well as where your character is at. Character banner need not to have your character's name in them, just be sure to have it on the top of your post to easily know who it is you are posting for. Do tag those you are interacting with. I'm not good at explaining things, so here are some examples of what I mean: [link] & [link] Not requiring you to add in your characters' outfit and mood, but you may if you want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.